Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I got bored on Kahl Junk Run, so I broke out of the map.

Duffy1

Originally I got stuck out accidently and found it impossible to get back in, falling out of the map ended up failing the mission. The second time I broke out of the map so that I could backtrack for a tag I missed, as I really don't want to do the mission again. I never found it and will never find it, but I did explore some cool unused areas and worked out how to get out and back into the map hahahaha.

My guess as to why this is here? I believe this map was most likely made first before the corpus map, its awful design compared to the corpus map kind of shows that in itself. I think this map entirely was a concept that was never finished properly. I'm not here to give criticism though, I'm enjoying the Kahl mini series. I just hope it goes somewhere. Its also possible that the map will be reused in the future and this areas existence is intentional. Enjoy the screenshots below of unseen content. Sorry if this breaks some kind of rule, I just thought this was cool and I mean no ill intent. 

I must also note that most of the hitboxes are broken within that area, and it appears very unfinished.
It has been noted that this is likely re-used from-

Spoiler

-The New War quest. I didn't pick up on that possibility but from my memory of the quest, its possible. I don't really have a way to check out the map in The New War for comparison so at this point, its all theory. But it is very likely that assets have been reused.

Spoiler

wfToNqN.jpg6lnTo3P.jpgvi2ZQQ5.jpg5UnW7Hg.jpgcavYVkZ.jpgHIRgY9M.jpgqS7EzfU.jpgbYzGaBt.jpgR4Kzljb.jpgtHfRHge.jpgd8AUPJN.jpgSOSMNfp.jpg

The areas you found are from Mission 4 from The New War, where you

Spoiler

infiltrate the Narmer base on Earth as the Drifter and run into Archon Nira.

You can recognise those areas from the quest and also, the area outside where Kahl begins (without glitching or leaving the map) is the outside of the base that you eventually infiltrate during the quest.

On 2022-09-26 at 7:42 AM, xXDragonGodXx said:

Yes, this should only have been reported directly through zendesk and not be shared on the forums. :)

Looks harmless. I don't see any gameplay advantage to breaking out of the map. There's even a section of the forum dedicated to map holes where players post screenshots (that contain meta data about its location). So posting how to break out of a map isn't even necessarily a bad thing either.

EDIT: Here's the map hole section of the forum where people post how to break out of maps essentially:

Oh, they post ticket numbers. I still think it's harmless!

8 minutes ago, nslay said:

Looks harmless. I don't see any gameplay advantage to breaking out of the map. There's even a section of the forum dedicated to map holes where players post screenshots (that contain meta data about its location). So posting how to break out of a map isn't even necessarily a bad thing either.

EDIT: Here's the map hole section of the forum where people post how to break out of maps essentially:

Oh, they post ticket numbers. I still think it's harmless!

Finding and reporting a map hole is one thing, but talking about and sharing pictures related to content outside of what is presented in the original map goes under "leaked/data-mining" and should not be posted on the forums. If the OP was just showing the map hole and/or a way to get out of bounds, then that would be within the Map-holes & Environment Bugs.

Just now, xXDragonGodXx said:

Finding and reporting a map hole is one thing, but talking about and sharing pictures related to content outside of what is presented in the original map goes under "leaked/data-mining" and should not be posted on the forums. If the OP was just showing the map hole and/or a way to get out of bounds, then that would be within the Map-holes & Environment Bugs.

If it's from a quest we already played, then it isn't leaked data. I've posted plenty of oddities like this myself from escaping Captura. It's good harmless fun!

Archived