Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Edited) Revenant Prime WILL come with Phantasma Prime

Skoomaseller

Prediction/speculation at the bottom

I have a gut feeling that Phantasma will not be primed.

Because Hirudo was not primed when Nidus Prime came out. I think that's because Hirudo is a pure Infested weapon.

"But Skoomaseller, any weapon can be primed. Look at Helios Prime! Helios is a Corpus-themed sentinel!"

As far as I know, some Corpus technology is derivative of Orokin tech. That's why it could be primed.

As for the Phantasma, it is a pure Sentient beam-shotgun. I don't think that'll get prime treatment. I could be wrong of course, but visually, it doesn't resemble any sort of Tenno aesthetic.

His other weapon, the Tatsu, at least does. Being a two-handed Nikana, it visually resembles an ōdachi, just like how Nikanas visually resemble katanas. Additionally, it doesn't require sentient cores to build unlike the Phantasma.

Lore-reasons aside, I think they won't prime Phantasma because it is already stupidly strong. But then I look at stuff like the Tenet Arca Plasmor and Kuva Zarr and I think otherwise. Who knows?

Prediction: Revenant Prime will come with Daikyu Prime and Tatsu Prime.

So that's it. Can't wait for Warden Prime.

AND HOPEFULLY WE GET A BETTER 2H NIKANA STANCE PLEASE or at least rework wise razor!!! cmon DE!!!

Edit: TIL Hirudo is not Nidus' signature weapon. Nonetheless I point you towards Fusilai, Gara's signature secondary that was never primed.

Edit 2: PHANTASMA PRIME & TATSU PRIME CONFIRMED LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Revenant is a Sentient Warframe so I'd say yes to being given his signature weapons.

Revenant  Phantasma +4 magazine size
(15 total, 36% increase)
 Tatsu +4 maximum Soul Swarm charges
(9 total, 80% increase)

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Signature_Weapon

Notes
Signature Weapons are also available in the market as part of their respective Warframe's Collection bundle including said Warframe and all the weapons associated. However, do note that not all Warframes having a Signature Weapon have their own Collection bundle. The Nidus Collection is the only exception as the weapons included aren't known to be his "Signatures".

16 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

it's less of a "needs to be made" and more "will it be made?"

Correct who really knows tbh.

36 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Revenant is a Sentient Warframe so I'd say yes to being given his signature weapons.

Revenant  Phantasma +4 magazine size
(15 total, 36% increase)
 Tatsu +4 maximum Soul Swarm charges
(9 total, 80% increase)

Correct who really knows tbh.

ya I know they're his signature weapons but like I said, Hirudo also didn't get a prime. Neither did Akzani. that's why I made this prediction. but yeah, who knows lmao. for all we know he might come with heat sword prime

Hirudo is an infested weapon and that's why it wasn't given a primed variant. It also isn't Nidus' signature weapon by either warframe specific effect sense (there isn't any) or item description sense (it's not mentioned as Nidus' favorite weapon). If you disregard the fact that (spoiler), Nidus is the only primed infested equipment so far.

Revenant has two explicitly stated signature weapons so I say there is a high change both of them will get a prime.

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Hirudo is an infested weapon and that's why it wasn't given a primed variant. It also isn't Nidus' signature weapon by either warframe specific effect sense (there isn't any) or item description sense (it's not mentioned as Nidus' favorite weapon).

Phantasma is clearly a sentient weapon. Would that also be the reason why it won't get primed? 

Ah you're right about Hirudo. Odd, I always thought it was.

5 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Phantasma is clearly a sentient weapon. Would that also be the reason why it won't get primed? 

Phantasma is an outlier here I will give it that. It's one of few if not the only case being a non-Tenno-origin signature weapon of a warframe.

Although DE can quite easily explain that it was a prime Tenno shotgun but turned sentient together with Revenant Prime (whom existence already kinda throws the warframe lore out of the window anyway)

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Signature_Weapon

Notes
Signature Weapons are also available in the market as part of their respective Warframe's Collection bundle including said Warframe and all the weapons associated. However, do note that not all Warframes having a Signature Weapon have their own Collection bundle. The Nidus Collection is the only exception as the weapons included aren't known to be his "Signatures".

20 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Being sold in the bundle with Nidus it's really easy to get the idea it is, just a DE marketing ploy to put the then infested weapons in one.

From my quote. The Nidus Collection is the only exception as the weapons included aren't known to be his "Signatures".

23 minutes ago, Vahenir said:

There is nothing saying that the phantasma prime will be the same as the normal one. It could be low status high crit instead for one. Or not even be a beam shotgun anymore.

While the stats may not necessarily align, if it isn't a beam shotgun it wouldn't be Phantasma anymore. I get why you say this because a few other weapons also have a somewhat similar quirk.

Cernos Prime is still a crit based bow but shoots multiple arrows.

Kuva Hind is still a lumpy baguette even though it has alt fire modes. Same with Tiberon Prime but Tiberon Prime is so beautiful it made me shed a tear when it was released.

Ballistica Prime still is a projectile bow secondary despite its gimmick.

and so on. It can't be too wildly different if you know what I mean

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Being sold in the bundle with Nidus it's really easy to get the idea it is, just a DE marketing ploy to put the then infested weapons in one.

From my quote. The Nidus Collection is the only exception as the weapons included aren't known to be his "Signatures".

nah in my case I just thought it was since they released alongside each other ah-eto-bleh-anime.gif

4 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

meh, I care more about Tatsu Prime: here's hoping it'll look good, and maybe get another THN stance before then.

yes god please. this is what I'm excited about, tatsu prime looking good and a better 2h nikana stance or at least a reworked wise razor 

2 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Prediction/speculation at the bottom

I have a gut feeling that Phantasma will not be primed.

Because Hirudo was not primed when Nidus Prime came out. I think that's because Hirudo is a pure Infested weapon.

"But Skoomaseller, any weapon can be primed. Look at Helios Prime! Helios is a Corpus-themed sentinel!"

As far as I know, some Corpus technology is derivative of Orokin tech. That's why it could be primed.

As for the Phantasma, it is a pure Sentient beam-shotgun. I don't think that'll get prime treatment. I could be wrong of course, but visually, it doesn't resemble any sort of Tenno aesthetic.

His other weapon, the Tatsu, at least does. Being a two-handed Nikana, it visually resembles an ōdachi, just like how Nikanas visually resemble katanas. Additionally, it doesn't require sentient cores to build unlike the Phantasma.

Lore-reasons aside, I think they won't prime Phantasma because it is already stupidly strong. But then I look at stuff like the Tenet Arca Plasmor and Kuva Zarr and I think otherwise. Who knows?

Prediction: Revenant Prime will come with Daikyu Prime and Tatsu Prime.

So that's it. Can't wait for Warden Prime.

AND HOPEFULLY WE GET A BETTER 2H NIKANA STANCE PLEASE or at least rework wise razor!!! cmon DE!!!

Edit: TIL Hirudo is not Nidus' signature weapon. Nonetheless I point you towards Fusilai, Gara's signature secondary that was never primed.

I feel like they both will be primed simply because they're revenant's signature weapons. 

Revenant himself is a Sentient frame created in the same way as his phantasma so it makes sense there would be an original model. 

And you don't even know what revenant prime will be like:

For all you know he could be a sentient-orokin hybrid that's a precursor to Narmer.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I feel like they both will be primed simply because they're revenant's signature weapons. 

Revenant himself is a Sentient frame creates in the same way as his phantasma so it makes sense there is would be an original model. 

And you don't even know what revenant prime will be like:

For all you know he could be a sentient-orokin hybrid that's a precursor to Narmer.

to be precise he's a warframe infused with the energy of an eidolon.

lore points to him being called the Warden before the events at gara toht lake in the plains.

maybe what we're getting is revenant's look pre-eidolon. as the Warden, but primed. situation's a lil similar to valkyr and her prime I guess

2 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

to be precise he's a warframe infused with the energy of an eidolon.

lore points to him being called the Warden before the events at gara toht lake in the plains.

maybe what we're getting is revenant's look pre-eidolon. as the Warden, but primed. situation's a lil similar to valkyr and her prime I guess

So then we would simply get phantasma but unaffected by the eidolon. 

In terms of lore tho, the warden would seriously break it because his powers are mostly derived from eidolon abilities and most importantly:

He is implied to be much stronger after becoming an eidolon, not weaker.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

So then we would simply get phantasma but unaffected by the eidolon. 

In terms of lore tho, the warden would seriously break it because his powers are mostly derived from eidolon abilities and most importantly:

He is implied to be much stronger after becoming an eidolon, not weaker.

valkyr prime 2 electric boogaloo

Archived