Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Edited) Revenant Prime WILL come with Phantasma Prime

Skoomaseller

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Skoomaseller:

Prediction/speculation at the bottom

I have a gut feeling that Phantasma will not be primed.

Because Hirudo was not primed when Nidus Prime came out. I think that's because Hirudo is a pure Infested weapon.

"But Skoomaseller, any weapon can be primed. Look at Helios Prime! Helios is a Corpus-themed sentinel!"

As far as I know, some Corpus technology is derivative of Orokin tech. That's why it could be primed.

As for the Phantasma, it is a pure Sentient beam-shotgun. I don't think that'll get prime treatment. I could be wrong of course, but visually, it doesn't resemble any sort of Tenno aesthetic.

His other weapon, the Tatsu, at least does. Being a two-handed Nikana, it visually resembles an ōdachi, just like how Nikanas visually resemble katanas. Additionally, it doesn't require sentient cores to build unlike the Phantasma.

Lore-reasons aside, I think they won't prime Phantasma because it is already stupidly strong. But then I look at stuff like the Tenet Arca Plasmor and Kuva Zarr and I think otherwise. Who knows?

Prediction: Revenant Prime will come with Daikyu Prime and Tatsu Prime.

So that's it. Can't wait for Warden Prime.

AND HOPEFULLY WE GET A BETTER 2H NIKANA STANCE PLEASE or at least rework wise razor!!! cmon DE!!!

Edit: TIL Hirudo is not Nidus' signature weapon. Nonetheless I point you towards Fusilai, Gara's signature secondary that was never primed.

I was never convinced by the gun. We hardly see it in the game either.
so the prime version isn't wrong after all?
but i don't think it makes the gun more popular.

7 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

I dunno how they can buff phantasma more as a primed version, it's insanely strong as is. I would imagine some QoL upgrades like more mag size and gold bling.

Yea, I have this feeling phantasma prime will end up being more of a sidegrade than anything. Maybe even a downgrade if you account for riven disposition. 

5 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Phantasma is clearly a sentient weapon. Would that also be the reason why it won't get primed? 

Ah you're right about Hirudo. Odd, I always thought it was.

Phantasma is a sentient weapon in the same sense as Revenant is a sentient warframe. Both are sentient due to the same reasons. Neither of the two should have a prime in the current state of Phantasma or Revenant. So in reality we should get Warden Prime with his shotgun and 2h nikana.

Tatsu Prime would be good, as there is currently no primed 2H nikana, and if we don't get Tatsu Prime with Revenant Prime we might not see a primed 2H nikana for a very long time. Considering the state of Wise Razor, a better Tatsu could partly make up for the issues of the stance.

But weapon variety barely has been a priority for DE when picking prime weapons, which was a bit disappointing on multiple occasions (expected Karyst Prime with Ivara Prime, but fortunately got it later with Inaros Prime).
There is still no primed beam weapon or remotely detonated weapon to this day, and when it comes to melee we still don't have a primed whip, blade & whip or warfan to this day. Could name few more melee weapon classes, but no point as there are no tenno examples for them at the moment.

The wiki is wrong about Nidus' signature weapons, the weapon lead Kaz that made Hema and Hirudo confirmed at Tennocon 2021 that they are Nidus' signature weapons, yet they were not primed for some reason because they're infested. Which is a big contradiction given that Nidus is an infested frame, I'd imagine if the Orokin created Nidus they could have also created his weapons at the same time, therefore using the same logic they could have been primed, if the devs had wanted to prime them. (but I'm still hopeful they'll get upgraded variants when we get infested liches)

So yeah, OP has a good point. Given DE's track record there's a chance that they'll just prime some random weapons and leave Revenant's signatures to rot.

2 hours ago, fo3nixz said:

wont say no, especially if it has quick shot

And if it shoots laser grenade arrows.  And has a magazine of 10.  :P

(j/k, of course.  I want Daikyu Prime bad, but if it has quick shot I'll be mildly disappointed.  I'm a traditionalist, which is why I love the Daikyu in the first place.)

1 hour ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Yea, I have this feeling phantasma prime will end up being more of a sidegrade than anything. Maybe even a downgrade if you account for riven disposition. 

Unless DE radically changes their philosophy for this one, you can bank on Phantasma Prime  being a downgrade for a long time after accounting for dispo.

1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

Machetes. Still waiting for Nami Solo Prime. :'(

While we already have a prime dual dagger (Fang Prime) I really want Okina to get primed

All my 1️⃣s to both of those things.

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

So yeah, OP has a good point. Given DE's track record there's a chance that they'll just prime some random weapons and leave Revenant's signatures to rot.

Exactly. Fusilai was left to rot, despite being Gara's signature throwing weapon.

On the other hand tho, Phantasma has higher chance of being primed just because it's a primary weapon and Rev's only second signature (they probably calculated that nobody gives a s... about Fusilai, so, with Gara, they primed only Astilla and Volnus).

Inb4 Veldt Prime.

9 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

While the stats may not necessarily align, if it isn't a beam shotgun it wouldn't be Phantasma anymore. I get why you say this because a few other weapons also have a somewhat similar quirk.

Cernos Prime is still a crit based bow but shoots multiple arrows.

Kuva Hind is still a lumpy baguette even though it has alt fire modes. Same with Tiberon Prime but Tiberon Prime is so beautiful it made me shed a tear when it was released.

Ballistica Prime still is a projectile bow secondary despite its gimmick.

and so on. It can't be too wildly different if you know what I mean

The Tenet Flux Rifle says hello.

3 hours ago, Hayrack said:

Exactly. Fusilai was left to rot, despite being Gara's signature throwing weapon.

On the other hand tho, Phantasma has higher chance of being primed just because it's a primary weapon and Rev's only second signature (they probably calculated that nobody gives a s... about Fusilai, so, with Gara, they primed only Astilla and Volnus).

I'd expect that one of the weapons was going to get dropped regardless, since we've only been given 2 weapons/sentinels per prime. It's not the case that Fusilai would have been a third prime if it was more popular, but it might have overtaken Astilla or Volnus. On the other hand, we can't really say that popularity determines the prime weapons either, considering that Nidus Prime was given Strun and Magnus- probably the most unexpected and unremarkable weapons we could have gotten at the time.

12 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

As for the Phantasma, it is a pure Sentient beam-shotgun. I don't think that'll get prime treatment.

Revenant is a warframe who was corrupted by Sentient energy. Phantasma was probably his Tenno-issue shotgun that was similarly corrupted. We may get this original Phantasma, same as we will likely get the pre-corruption Revenant Prime.

12 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Nonetheless I point you towards Fusilai, Gara's signature secondary that was never primed.

Fusilai was not primed because Gara already had two other signature weapons that were primed. Did you expect Gara Prime to release with three prime weapons? There is literally no reason Fusilai Prime could not exist other than the fact that Astilla and Volnus were probably more popular.

12 hours ago, Jivy said:

its literally his signature weapon, if they don't prime it then they can never prime it

Not necessarily true. They've used Baro Ki'Teer to bring new Void relics that hold exclusive primes like the Aklex and Akvasto Prime. Who's to say he can't find a relic for Phantasma Prime some years down the line? Although I think Varzia is much more likely to be used for that sort of thing in the future, now that Prime Resurgence is a permanent thing. They can do whatever they want with the prime releases now that they've got the Prime Vendor in game.

11 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Akzani were never primed

Although Akzani's Codex description does literally call them "The choice weapon of Mirage", I think it's debatable whether or not they are truly the "signature weapon" of Mirage, since they have no special effects with her.

10 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

lore points to him being called the Warden before the events at gara toht lake in the plains

Nakak calls him "the warden" but there's no indication that's his name. It's not capitalised and other warframes have similar titles, such as Ivara being called "the huntress".

4 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

they were not primed for some reason because they're infested. Which is a big contradiction given that Nidus is an infested frame, I'd imagine if the Orokin created Nidus they could have also created his weapons at the same time, therefore using the same logic they could have been primed

Nidus Prime's trailer implies that Ballas built Nidus then sent to an Infested zone to get Infested, so he wasn't necessarily built to be Infestation-themed from the start.

Archived