Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Narmer Hacks

Lord_Drod

Question

What is best for Narmer hacking?  I solo the archon stuff, but I'm so terrible at these.  I think I tried to take a moa once, but he went down in 10 seconds and I left him to die lol.  I'd rather just do 3 archon fights than have to do one of these hacks.  It's definitely a skill issue.  Spy and Rescue are my nemesis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Practice... eventualy you  get hang of it. 

And there is 1 parazon mod who could autohack certain times. But does it work with archon missions too i dont know.

it does but since its only like a 30% chance its not guaranteed 

For the Archon Hunts, Perspicacity from Helminth is probably worth trying. I haven't personally tried it, but I've seen claims it works. I'm fairly sure nothing else can give you 100% chance of success.

The Auto Breach mod can trigger (and has a cool little animation when it does for the Narmer consoles), but it's only a 30% chance, so doesn't solve your problem.

For the Kahl missions, I don't think there's anything other than "just get better at it" available.

• Like 4

The mouse movement is only mirrored vertically. Horizontally its usually normal. So align with target in one Axis, then just do the other one.
With time you'll simply develop a muscle memory for it and it will become easier by itself. A.k.a. the process of "git gud".

There is also a parazon mod and a helmith infused ability that grant 30% / 100% chance to auto-hack the next hack.
It looks cool as hell too as you just watch those hacking things just doing it themselves and its very mesmerising to watch when it happens.

Edited by Artekkor
  • Like 2

Yeah, I usually only do it if i get the parazon 30% shot.  It does look cool.  I forgot about the helminth hack thing, but then I won't get good at them.  I fear the Lua archon rescue - you really have to do these pretty efficiently to hack like 5 in 40 seconds or something.  Kahl's missions aren't as intense.

the line is the mirror - so if its horizontal, you need to invert your up/down, if its vertical, you need to invert your left/right. if its diagonal its a bit of both.

Just a bit of practice.  The only time it really sucks for me is rescue when you might have a lot of terminals (cages) like on the mars tile set, there are more than four dots per hack and I'm solo.  with a controller lacking the precision of mouse it can just be a frustrating mess.

• Like 2

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Lord_Drod:

What is best for Narmer hacking?  I solo the archon stuff, but I'm so terrible at these.  I think I tried to take a moa once, but he went down in 10 seconds and I left him to die lol.  I'd rather just do 3 archon fights than have to do one of these hacks.  It's definitely a skill issue.  Spy and Rescue are my nemesis.

maybe helmith skill? but I wouldn't recommend that.

1 hour ago, drnlmza said:

For the Archon Hunts, Perspicacity from Helminth is probably worth trying. I haven't personally tried it, but I've seen claims it works. I'm fairly sure nothing else can give you 100% chance of success.

The Auto Breach mod can trigger (and has a cool little animation when it does for the Narmer consoles), but it's only a 30% chance, so doesn't solve your problem

Yes, Helminth Perspicacity works on consoles. It's still takes some time to auto hack so you need to be careful or just use Ivara/Loki/etc

It's still takes time to activate.

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)THE NTT said:

Just a bit of practice.  The only time it really sucks for me is rescue when you might have a lot of terminals (cages) like on the mars tile set, there are more than four dots per hack and I'm solo.  with a controller lacking the precision of mouse it can just be a frustrating mess.

I'm not sure if it's universal but you can hear rescue target screaming "I'm here" or something like this. It happened for me when I hacked first console. I'm not sure what triggers it. I had normal mission and I haven't heard them.

55 minutes ago, slava.ukraine said:

maybe helmith skill? but I wouldn't recommend that.

why?

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

I'm not sure if it's universal but you can hear rescue target screaming "I'm here" or something like this. It happened for me when I hacked first console. I'm not sure what triggers it. I had normal mission and I haven't heard them.

It only happens if the alarm has been triggered (which is unavoidable on sortie style missions), which is probably why you don't hear it in normal missions.  They'll even sometimes call out some seconds after you've hacked the right cell, which is I always find a bit amusing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tel__arin said:

jump into operator and press V before doing the cypher and use the mod Intruder in your parazon. 

What does V do for you?  I think I put intruder on for these, but if even if you complete the hack, if you are too slow, you can't hack enough times for other cells.

You already don't have to hold crouch if you start hacking in void mode. 

5 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Activate your Reverse Axis Direction Macro?

haha is that possible?  I think im too lazy for that though.  I think they have some variance where not always the same axis is mirrored.

21 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

You already don't have to hold crouch if you start hacking in void mode. 

haha is that possible?  I think im too lazy for that though.  I think they have some variance where not always the same axis is mirrored.

I don't use AHK so I dunno what its capable of

but would be trivial to script on my TitanOne.

been a while since I played WF, but I believe the mirroring is either horizontal, vertical, or diagonal

which isn't really hard to code, its just a toggle of inverting x, y, or both at once.

• Like 1

If you are absolutely having issues with....

1) spy: subsume perspicacity on your loki. Zenurik can cover the energy if you want 100% fool proof.

2) rescue: subsume perspicacity on your limbo. Go into the rift. Open the door. Perspicacity the lock. Banish the operative. Extract.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:39 AM, (XBOX)THE NTT said:

with a controller lacking the precision of mouse it can just be a frustrating mess

This is my problem as well. I was searching for solutions and hoping someone had a nugget. No such luck.

Is there a more accurate controller for Xbox with a nicer joystick?

Is there a "simulacrum" for narmer consoles to practice ?

Either would be nice.

I remember perspicacity used to work in narmer hacks, now I just cancelled narmer spy as this does not work any longer and those narmer consoles "violate my brain" - messing up all. So that perspicacity in narmer got nerfed?