The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Primed Sure Footed To Baro Ki'Teer As Well As Being A Daily Tribute Reward.

DraakonBW

3 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Yes because we all slap psf on now. It only takes up an exilus slot, does not require multiple mods, and can be put on any frame without having to choose a specific focus school. Everyone should have access to it.

Put it this way. If Primed Sure Footed did not negate self stagger would players demand it more? And if there's a mod to negate the self stagger from AoE weapons but not prevent enemy CC, would people slot that mod in?

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

uh, nope. psf got left behind awhile back, pretty sure the must-have mod now is rolling guard

?? They both perform different actions. Rolling guard doesn't prevent knockdown.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Put it this way. If Primed Sure Footed did not negate self stagger would players demand it more? And if there's a mod to negate the self stagger from AoE weapons but not prevent enemy CC, would people slot that mod in?

People use psf without AOE weapons and there is already a mod to prevent knockdown on rifles. It's called cautious shot and noone uses it because psf is miles better. On sp and higher psf is pretty much a necessity as being knocked down means certain death. Requiring 400 days of logins is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

7 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Ngl, if there was a way to achieve 100% knockdown immunity, 2 different mods sounds like the best way to get there:

-One mod to entirely negate enemy knockdowns

-One mod to entirely negate self stagger from AOE

Make them both high drain 10 ranks rare mods so people can decide which immunity they want, and if someone wants both then they're gonna have to sacrifice something else in their builds.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

People use psf without AOE weapons and there is already a mod to prevent knockdown on rifles. It's called cautious shot and noone uses it because psf is miles better.

Yeah, why would anyone use cautious shot when it also competes for the exilus slot with ammo mutation mods and PSF does practically the same but better since it also protects the player from secondary and enemy staggers. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

On sp and higher psf is pretty much a necessity and requiring 400 days of logins is ridiculous.

I got PSF almost right on release and mine is still unranked even though i play mostly in SP endurance runs and can tell that PSF isn't a necessity, it's just the meta pick since slotting it is even better than giving Atlas' passive to every single frame.

10 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

I have 1100+ days logged in. I won't feel like I've been "screwed over" just because baro starts selling a very sought after mod. 

OK.

10 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

anyone feeling that way is kinda dumb anyway. "I suffered, you should too" is not a healthy mindset to have.

Thanks for the judging.  If you interpreted my words that way, it's because you wanted to.

On 11/25/2022 at 10:29 PM, draaftl0re said:

Ah, so disagreeing with you is trolling.  Gotcha.  I'm sorry.  I thought you were interested in a discussion.” 

its not what you said, its how you said it. Saying, “So you want DE to give you the mod while screwing over the people who actually went through the login reward process?” is antagonistic and rude. A better way to say it would of been “I disagree, it unfairly gives newer players access to a mod veteran like you and I (going off the fact that my xbox account is from 2016) and devalues our time we spent in game.”

So read it that way then.  Offense averted.  See how that works?  It's how the person interprets the words that creates the "offense."

5 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Rolling guard doesn't prevent knockdown.

It does, it's just not passive and constant like PSF. I've been using it for years as a self stagger prevention tool.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

?? They both perform different actions. Rolling guard doesn't prevent knockdown.

i can tell you've forgotten a certain change that was made to deal with ancient/scorpion hookshots that you don't need psf for

Well for that matter, you don't need Rolling Guard for them either, and never have.  :P

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

i can tell you've forgotten a certain change that was made to deal with ancient/scorpion hookshots that you don't need psf for

This one change doesn't disprove any of my points nor does knockdown resistance even apply to it so it's not even worth mentioning here.

This one change doesn't disprove any of my points nor does knockdown resistance even apply to it so it's not even worth mentioning here.

please explain how knocking the ancients/scorpions on their butts doesn't give knockdown resistance?

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Well for that matter, you don't need Rolling Guard for them either, and never have.  :P

i just figured could throw in the temp invulnerability while rolling to throw them around the map

18 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

People use psf without AOE weapons and there is already a mod to prevent knockdown on rifles. It's called cautious shot and noone uses it because psf is miles better. On sp and higher psf is pretty much a necessity as being knocked down means certain death. Requiring 400 days of logins is ridiculous.

People dying in Steel Path are not ready for SP. Plain and simple. A whole StarChart with different syndicate of loot but they're still dying. PSF isn't going to prevent this from happening. It will make it so it happen less often for sure. One single mod isn't going to save those players from failing in Steel Path.

Do remember self damage is coming back. Cautious Shot will be in high demand. Will Primed Sure Footed remain in high demand by then?

Spending 2 years active in a game just for a mod is hard for many people. Who the hell wants to play one single game for that long anyway?

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

please explain how knocking the ancients/scorpions on their butts doesn't give knockdown resistance?

I can tell you've forgotten about what we are talking about. We are talking about how widespread and important psf is and if and if not it should be more readily available. You can simply roll out of those attacks and it has nothing to do with our conversation. We are not talking about what causes knockdowns.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Do remember self damage is coming back. Cautious Shot will be in high demand. Will Primed Sure Footed remain in high demand by then?

They still haven't rolled it out yet nor have they confirmed it is happening. It most likely is but they havent outright said they are implementing it for sure.

39 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

I can tell you've forgotten about what we are talking about. We are talking about how widespread and important psf is and if and if not it should be more readily available. You can simply roll out of those attacks and it has nothing to do with our conversation. We are not talking about what causes knockdowns.

except we are, that leads into supposedly how "important" psf is, which it totally isn't and has never been

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

then i'd love to not see an aoe weapon in your hands in a video, to show why psf is soooo important

I primarily do not use AOE weapons. I'm guessing you don't play on steel path because you would know how deadly getting knocked down is. Yes, there are other ways of getting knocked down then just AOE weapons as shocking as it sounds. We all don't need crutch weapons like you apparently.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

I primarily do not use AOE weapons. I'm guessing you don't play on steel path because you would know how deadly getting knocked down is. Yes, there are other ways of getting knocked down then just AOE weapons as shocking as it sounds. We all don't need crutch weapons like you apparently.

except you are using the biggest crutch of them all and the only way you'd get knocked down from an aoe is if you're hopping around like a mad rabbit, i also do play steel path from time to time, have yet to ever invest a single credit or endo into psf because i don't need the meta

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Ya that's completely untrue. Just look at any high end build. They all have psf on.

Yeah, because it's THE meta pick. How else can you negate knockdowns almost 100% of the time regardless of source, without conditions and no player input required beyond drag from mod selection to your wf build without sacrificing other frame stats since it's an exilus mod. 

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Ya that's completely untrue. Just look at any high end build. They all have psf on.

I don't think it's true that any high end build has knockdown mitigation on. While I do play Nezha a lot - who definitely doesn't need PSF - I also often play Mirage, Gyre, Wukong, and more on high level Steel Path. I don't typically have any knockdown resist in any of my builds. The exception is if it's incidental to the rest of the mod, like with Power Drift (+15% power, +30% knockdown resist).

PSF is a massive QoL buff for many of my frames and just like Primed Shred, which is a great QoL buff for some of my weapons, I strongly believe they should be available to anyone.

For frames without their own protection against staggers, knockdowns, and pulls, PSF is the best Exilus mod and shouldn't be locked behind login bonuses.

It doesn't matter how, as long as they are obtainable in some way and can be traded, everyone can have access to them as they should.

34 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

PSF is a massive QoL buff for many of my frames and just like Primed Shred, which is a great QoL buff for some of my weapons, I strongly believe they should be available to anyone.

For frames without their own protection against staggers, knockdowns, and pulls, PSF is the best Exilus mod and shouldn't be locked behind login bonuses.

It doesn't matter how, as long as they are obtainable in some way and can be traded, everyone can have access to them as they should.

Ngl, but the main reason why i think DE hasn't made it available through other means and is unlikely to do it, is simpmy because they added PSF as a login milestone intended to reward players from getting there, so giving it somewhere else and earlier than said login would only turn the login milestone into a non reward since all we need is just 1 copy of each mod which can then be equipped on every single frame.

We spent years playing without PSF and been doing quite fine all the time, some people -like me- don't even use this crutch nowadays so we're obviously gonna see anyone requesting it as nothing but a spoiled meta slave throwing tantrums to get *that* thing now and not when the devs intended just because without it they can't complete the build used seen on leetgamingmetaslaveYT's channel.

Again i have PSF maxed on my xbox and it is night and day.

My PC account has more powerful weapons and other end game mods and frames. While my xbox account doesn’t have a bramma or any weapons akin to it. I would rather play on xbox.

I don’t have to worry about ancients, shockwave moas, or any other enemy with some sort of knock down. It’s not a requirement but things are meta for a reason. Because they are the most optimal, and i disagree with having the most optimal mods behind a 1 year 1 month and 5 days  wait minimum. 

If de gets cross save up and running within the year i will be swapping accounts again but being able to use my new steam deck and gaming  PC, and I’ll have my PSF.

1 minute ago, draaftl0re said:

Again i have PSF maxed on my xbox and it is night and day.

My PC account has more powerful weapons and other end game mods and frames. While my xbox account doesn’t have a bramma or any weapons akin to it. I would rather play on xbox.

I don’t have to worry about ancients, shockwave moas, or any other enemy with some sort of knock down. It’s not a requirement but things are meta for a reason. Because they are the most optimal, and i disagree with having the most optimal mods behind a 1 year 1 month and 5 days  wait minimum. 

If de gets cross save up and running within the year i will be swapping accounts again but being able to use my new steam deck and gaming  PC, and I’ll have my PSF.

That's stil very dependent on the playstyle. I have Vauban with Kuva Grattler for area defense. That loadout doesn't use PSF since I'm running Unairu for the armor strip and shield disable. Poise is just an additional bonus. My Titania doesn't use PSF. I have Spellbind to cover status immunity. Garuda loadout is melee focus who doesn't run with Primed Sure Footed. She has Gloom subsume. Things will die before any type of CC will hit her. 

So I'll ask, what loadout do you use that's Night and Day soley dependent on Primed Sure Footed?

Archived