Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New War just made me uninstall after 7 years playing (MR30)

ArxDurusMaximus

17 minutes ago, slava.ukraine said:

this is not about fun............ omg!
it's about the fact that it's mandatory for further content. and it is extremely many things locked if you don't do it....... not even arbitrations are possible.....

so really now...

It's all about Fun, and nothing else.

You either have fun and play the game, or not.

It is just that simple, it's a video game.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, slava.ukraine said:

this is not about fun............ omg!
it's about the fact that it's mandatory for further content. and it is extremely many things locked if you don't do it....... not even arbitrations are possible.....

so really now...

If it's not about fun then go and do it? Fun is the one word the original post keeps bringing up so maybe you're the one missing the point. 

Or is it about something else? Could this be.... a skill issue?

New War advances the story so it makes sense that certain things are locked behind it. It's called a timeline. It's linear.

• Like 4

Gerade eben schrieb Learicorn:

If it's not about fun then go and do it? Fun is the one word the original post keeps bringing up so maybe you're the one missing the point. 

New War advances the story so it makes sense that certain things are locked behind it. It's called a timeline. It's linear.

somehow you are both completely missing the point.
people play warframe because of warframes, loot, mods etc.
and they play with their favorite warframes! with cosmetics and pimped mods!
what the hell are you playing in the quest then? another game. and this has NOTHING to do with loot shooter like diablo1 in 3d.

and your claim "skill issue".......... REAL NOW???????????????????????????

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, slava.ukraine said:

what the hell are you playing in the quest then? another game. and this has NOTHING to do with loot shooter like diablo1 in 3d.

So, you are trying to make the claim that people do not play video games for Fun.

While those people exist, do you actually think they outnumber those that play for fun to the degree games should be written for people that are not playing a game to have fun?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slava.ukraine said:

You sound like a child throwing a tantrum because someone took away their toy

Wait till you find out that in Diablo you don't actually play as Diablo... 🤯

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb Zimzala:

So, you are trying to make the claim that people do not play video games for Fun.

While those people exist, do you actually think they outnumber those that play for fun to the degree games should be written for people that are not playing a game to have fun?

Yes and no. of course computer games have to be fun. but there are people who simply want a challenge and can prove something. i could write a book about it because the subject is very complex.

But what you write is absolutely wrong. as if people who don't want to play "new war quest" don't have any skill or what???

Yes and no. of course computer games have to be fun. but there are people who simply want a challenge and can prove something. i could write a book about it because the subject is very complex.

But what you write is absolutely wrong. as if people who don't want to play "new war quest" don't have any skill or what???

I have mentioned skill nowhere, nor have I referred to it.

I acknowledged there do exist people who play for reasons other than fun.

However, I postulate the general point of video games is, in fact, entertainment and fun, not the act of ticking things off of a todo list to make one feel better about oneself for having accomplished something today.

This has nothing to do with skill, it has everything to do with what some people find fun vs. what others do not.

If the New War Story Gameplay was now what WF had become entirely, or was a new game itself, I would not play any of it after my introduction, I find it tedious and boring in terms of gameplay, even if it tells an interesting story.

When I am not having fun during the time I set aside to have fun, then I switch to another game.

I don't look for challenge in a video game, so for that area you will have to ask others, IMO if you want a challenge, play the Stock Market.

So, from my POV, games are made to entertain for fun, even if some people choose to make them work/tedious/etc.

If I use a hammer to smash a glass window, it works, but it's not really what it was built to do, for example.

• Like 1

why are you bothering with them? They are not 'somehow missing the point' it is deliberate. We've seen this since the first week of TNW.

Responses are invariably:

idgas

you suck, get gud

cry more

eat the turd, we did

k, bai, now gtfo and stay out

That is about the whole gamut. Like little supporters, they attack any nonconformity and flat out denounce valid criticism, with a few trying to squeze in some praise of the problem as if trying to convince themselves.

On the whole I agree with the OP. It is the lockdown while it is active that kills it, like a obscure 5+ hours operator-only MR test you can not get out of. It would not be good even without it, but it would be manageable and not cripple the game beyond playability without making a new account.
It really is the the end-all turn-off that there there is no 'chip away at it at your own pace' thing, that you are locked out. And to add injury to insult, it also roadblocks significant parts of the game, with more being added to that pile every update (as warned, it would gate every new thing after that, and so it does).
I took a wait and see - not starting it, waiting for the usual string of "hotfixes". That saved me a lot. There is just no way I am going to do it the way it stands. I'd need someone else to play through it for me and that is not happening either, noone I know is the right kind of damaged/weird-enough to play this.
... and then keep them on retainer to keep doing kahl stuff, archon hunts, etc.

Anyway what would I be missing out on really? Just another arbitrarily weird "story" pulling one of the the worst outcome-cheats to do so, opening up another grindcamp where you have to do more "non-WF" combat to fuel a timegated shardgrind that can easily set you back 6-9 months for 5 sharded frames all of which with no catchup mechanism. And a hefty need to grind resources to feed to the mutant toadmouth in the ship to plug/unplug those same shards. FOMO? Not so much. More like good riddance.
They even resorted to bribing people with a LOT of power creep (the new weapons and arcanes for guns), to the point of making the large majority of other gruns obsolete by a large margin.

That and gating all new stuff behind it just reeks of knowing that it would see abysmal usage numbers if not gated, like RJ orphix mode. And apparently they are all about usage numbers that they can parade to their owners. But the stuff is not played for fun or for being engaging. It's seeing use because it is needed to be run repeatedly against a RNG to get certain things. People are already making puke-posts about kahl missions.

Frankly, when I first saw that TNW was not the requirement for the new LUA nodes, I thought I had misread of they had made a mistake. Of course if it had been, I probably wouldn't be back. Happy mistake, so back for a bit. Not feeling safe though, it can still happen. "oops, hotfix: we meant to have The New War, not The War Within, as the requirement for the new lua nodes".

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Morteno said:

Responses are invariably:

idgas

you suck, get gud

cry more

eat the turd, we did

k, bai, now gtfo and stay out

And yet there are sincere responses here trying to help the OP, but those are simply tossed aside in your drive to complain.

Just because some people cannot handle the fact that DE made something they don't like, that they see "in their way", does not mean anything beyond the simple fact a company made a product not everyone enjoys, pretty much world wide business as usual.

Is it unfortunate that some players of WF will be unhappy enough to not play an more? Yup, that's just reality.

But it does not mean anything more than that...a company cannot please all of the people, all of the time.

There is nothing about conforming or being manipulated or any conspiracy theory - a game company made it, if you want to play it, play it, if not, don't.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Learicorn said:

Is it really linear? I guess don’t spoil it for me just yes or no. Ordis goes on about how it would be great if drifter hadn’t lost the Tenno magic and the response is that they didn’t lose it. They just haven’t got it yet. That sounds like a loop in time…so it really is linear?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, slava.ukraine said:

But not playing as the warframes is a big part in the main story quests, has been for a long long long while now. It has actually been like that for more than half the lifespan of the game. I started out in 2017 and it had been that way for some time even at that point, and that was 5 years and a few months ago and WF is coming up on the year 10 anniversary.

The only thing that sets TNW apart is that it is longer than the other quests.

13 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But not playing as the warframes is a big part in the main story quests, has been for a long long long while now. It has actually been like that for more than half the lifespan of the game. I started out in 2017 and it had been that way for some time even at that point, and that was 5 years and a few months ago and WF is coming up on the year 10 anniversary.

The only thing that sets TNW apart is that it is longer than the other quests.

I dunno man,playing as Kahl, Veso and Teshin is distinctively different.

And as much as Kahl got #1 in the popular vote: Teshins gameplay in TNW is in my opinion the best part of the quest and arguably some of DEs best work.

Edited by (XBOX)RelsWhisper
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
19 minutes ago, Heimdarm said:

I know it's an old thread from half a year ago, but I agree with op. I completed everything before new war and it is now a wall that prevents progression for me. I started the questline, I hated it from the first minute and in the middle of it I quitted, uninstalled and asked for an account deletion. I'm a new player and I feel myself scammed by the company. I spent some money on the game by my own decision multiple times in the previous month while I thought this is a game as advertised a looter shooter, and then a lie come to my face at halfway and lock me out of the rest of the game. Like I play need for speed and half way the game says okay, now let's play and success in chess to continue. I never hated any dev team in any game previously, but this content is outrageously S#&$, disgustingly stupid and irritating. They should have created a new game for their ideas, not destroying half way the current one. 

They.... Didn't? 

Yes there's a quest where you have to play half of it without a Warframe, but the same thing happened with war within (except this time there are actual things to fight as operator?). The entire point of the quest was to hammer in the fact that you lost your Warframe, that you actually lost something important. 

Is it a wall that prevents progression? Kinda, but isn't that every game? I found MR to be a more annoying wall than new war. 

As someone who has played all of Elden ring (a game notorious for it's difficulty) and spent around 7 hours on the final boss fight alone, I found the archons to be pretty easy. They even make you fight the hardest one for you last (which is important because the last fight is intentionally made the easiest). 

All in all, I only found the orb vallis spy mission to be "difficult." Everything else took almost no effort to beat. 

And btw, none of this is a scam. The entire quest (and the game itself) was free, it's not something that replaces all of Warframe, and it's not even something you can pay to complete.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 6

I don't remember this journey being this terrible, I completed it the same day it was released at the time, I was more interested in the story than the gameplay, so I didn't care about it. I remember it being a nice change of pace, but of course, I always prefer standard warframe gameplay.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RafMatador22 said:

I don't remember this journey being this terrible, I completed it the same day it was released at the time, I was more interested in the story than the gameplay, so I didn't care about it. I remember it being a nice change of pace, but of course, I always prefer standard warframe gameplay.

The only thing difficult for me was the spy section because of one specific part of it. I don't recall the archon fights being hard (I fought Amar and Nira).

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

A única coisa difícil para mim foi a seção de espionagem por causa de uma parte específica dela. Não me lembro das lutas dos arcontes serem difíceis (lutei com Amar e Nira).

I vaguely remember that part of the espionage being a little boring, but I was so excited about the story and setting of this mission that things ended up flowing well. It was something new for me, only now with duviri that I'm kind of fed up with playing tenno.

I don't remember this quest being that bad. I think it took me a couple hours in total, but frustration was caused more by it being boring rather than challenging.

Drifter/kahl/corpus dude content is like playing a normal pokemon game after finishing a nuzzlock with access to hyper speed. The lack of movement options is noticable, going from one of the best free flow movement shooters to a traditional hallway shooter is jarring. And this also applies to the duviri.

Lore was pretty good but it has the issue all Warframe lore has. The time in-between story quests you could complete entire JRPGs in so stuff gets lost to time. I enjoy the lore more through retrospective videos outside of the actual game than experiencing it first hand.

Like, I sorta get the difficulty complaints? Not that the quest was particularly hard. But Warframe is very good at making people who are very bad at video games feel like they're competent at them. Not that there's something wrong with that, but you'll run into issues once they face any actually challenge that can't just be beaten by getting better gear.

• Like 1

I think 99% of the legitimate complaints with The New War would be solved if they just made it so that people could quit The New War.

It's a lengthy quest with a great many mechanics that players have never encountered before, several of which can be frustrating and difficult depending on your ability/luck in picking them up.  I got through The New War, but I'll admit that there were some parts I struggled to get past:

• Using Veso's mechanics in the boss fight had a high failure rate; I knew what I needed the robots to do but struggled to get them to do it appropriately.
  • The stealth sections had a couple tricky parts and failure was particularly punishing and time-consuming.
  • I chose Nira first and the fight took 20+ minutes because I never understood how to keep her from healing.

And again, I did eventually get through it.  But I've been gaming my whole life, so I just know there are more casual players out there who are going to struggle even more than I did on stuff like this.

If players could quit the quest and go back to playing the Warframe they love, I think that would be better.  These players feel like they're drowning, so get them out of the pool, dry them off and let them feel safe and comfortable again, and later if/when they jump back into the pool, they'll be in a mental space where they better understand what they'll be up against and are far more prepared for that challenge.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-06-26 at 1:31 PM, (PSN)Unstar said:

I think 99% of the legitimate complaints with The New War would be solved if they just made it so that people could quit The New War.

It's a lengthy quest with a great many mechanics that players have never encountered before, several of which can be frustrating and difficult depending on your ability/luck in picking them up.  I got through The New War, but I'll admit that there were some parts I struggled to get past:

• Using Veso's mechanics in the boss fight had a high failure rate; I knew what I needed the robots to do but struggled to get them to do it appropriately.
  • The stealth sections had a couple tricky parts and failure was particularly punishing and time-consuming.
  • I chose Nira first and the fight took 20+ minutes because I never understood how to keep her from healing.

And again, I did eventually get through it.  But I've been gaming my whole life, so I just know there are more casual players out there who are going to struggle even more than I did on stuff like this.

If players could quit the quest and go back to playing the Warframe they love, I think that would be better.  These players feel like they're drowning, so get them out of the pool, dry them off and let them feel safe and comfortable again, and later if/when they jump back into the pool, they'll be in a mental space where they better understand what they'll be up against and are far more prepared for that challenge.

Moot pint but perhaps revert back to pre New War (having an exit option.)  Granted I did it twice (because of 2 accounts) and I struggled with the first boss (I heard they reworked the boss fights) but I got it done because I did not want to miss out on that day's sortie.  Hopefully the OP reinstalled and tried again.  I personally enjoy Warframe and plan on playing until the end - of me or the game.

Uninstall doesn't have to mean quit. I have played this game since closed beta, and I typically take multiple years off between each break. I only recently returned in June, after my last almost two year hiatus. I have to agree, that I did not particularly like the forced experience of the New War, neither did I really like duviri much. I'd prefer if they would figure out how to tell their ambitious stories, while keeping the core Warframe gameplay. This is why - bugs aside - I actually liked the Zariman implementation. It had more tilesets, and more core gameplay. 

I won't deny The New War annoyed me quite a bit. I got through it, along with the bonus objectives (that I don't think actually rewarded me anything), but I am glad I am finally through it. You might just need a break, uninstall and complete that last bit another time. 🙂

I suppose my post should be applied in general, since this thread is old.

Edited by MeinChurro
  • Like 2

It is a real shame to see posts like this, to be honest, especially ones getting nekro'd months and months afterwards...

Because Warframe stopped being just about Warframes in 2015. We started with the Archwing, then with the Operators (as a system first, then as playable after), then with all the other things added in.

We have had three times as much time in Warframe with there being more than just Warframes to play as we've had before that.

Players genuinely should be expecting there to be quests, just quests, with content that isn't purely playing Warframes because those other things exist and are part of the game called Warframe.

For every single thread like this, I think that this is the same kind of person that would complain that you have an end mission in Starfox where they're running around shooting tanks on the ground, instead of in their fighters... It's genuinely just silly.

If you don't enjoy it, then by all means, don't play it. But that's the thing, by not playing it, you're not playing Warframe. Eight years, people, eight years since non-Warframe gameplay existed in Warframe.

• Like 3

On 2022-12-03 at 1:25 AM, ArxDurusMaximus said:

but life is too short to throw more hours into this unfun torture-machine they have turned their beautiful game into.

How tf are you having trouble with this? Just use the estus flask to clear your debuff and you are good.

31 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Warframe stopped being just about Warframes in 2015

^^^ 

You are playing, basically, a druid in WoW.
Need to go fast on land? Cheeta form, kdrive.
Need to fly around? Raven from, archwing.
Need to be DPSy? Kitty form = Warframe.
Need to be tanky? Bear from = Necro.
Need to be castery? No form = Operator.

Then there's also playing sea of thieves mini with your ship.

The UI and controls for changing forms and the integration of forms into all content is just bad because DE doesn't have the resources to basically rebuild the game. 

20 hours ago, MeinChurro said:

I won't deny The New War annoyed me quite a bit.

The parts of the quest that most closely resembled Warframe (i.e. the parts where you weren't surrounded by invulnerable instakill enemies) were fine.

The first leg of "Stolen Plates", in combination with the incomprehensibly misguided decision to lock people into the quest until they finish it, on the other hand, is the stuff of which grudges are made.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

It is a real shame to see posts like this, to be honest, especially ones getting nekro'd months and months afterwards...

Because Warframe stopped being just about Warframes in 2015. We started with the Archwing, then with the Operators (as a system first, then as playable after), then with all the other things added in.

We have had three times as much time in Warframe with there being more than just Warframes to play as we've had before that.

Players genuinely should be expecting there to be quests, just quests, with content that isn't purely playing Warframes because those other things exist and are part of the game called Warframe.

For every single thread like this, I think that this is the same kind of person that would complain that you have an end mission in Starfox where they're running around shooting tanks on the ground, instead of in their fighters... It's genuinely just silly.

If you don't enjoy it, then by all means, don't play it. But that's the thing, by not playing it, you're not playing Warframe. Eight years, people, eight years since non-Warframe gameplay existed in Warframe.

I somewhat agree with your assessment BUT the New War was being promoted as if you WOULD be using your Warframe, as we were told to "prepare" your Warframes, RJ's, and Nec's NOT prepare your gimped Operator with NO Powers.  It was just as shady to say we would be using the RJ and Nec at all considering both comprised 5 minutes of game-play, clearly it was marketed as "required" to create "sales".  When I start a quest I assume it's going to be similar in game-play to what we have done for YEARS.  The Drifter is NOT an Operator in terms of movement and capabilities.  Warframe isn't about hindered movement so when forced to use such a character, it was not an easy transition for some players.  Throw in some crazy strong Archons and it created a whole new environment that for some, was very stressful and not enjoyable.  It was NOT appropriate to put players in a position of sink or swim if you want to continue playing Warframe, that is the REAL Problem here.  IT DOES NOT MATTER if others breezed through the Quest because, as a company, I do NOT want to lose any revenue by creating such an environment that could possibly do that, such as the NEW War locking out players unless they complete it.  It's just bad business plain and simple.  If it wasn't an issue, players would not be HERE knowing they might be ridiculed and mocked for having any difficulty with the New War Quest.   It astounds me that people are so callous about the possibility that SOME players might have difficulty in completing a quest that is unlike any others we have done.

Have some sympathy for others who struggle because we all are NOT as skilled as you!

• Like 9