Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove and consolidate ammo auras into one single Scavenger aura.

Redpaws

Right now we got four ammo auras for Rifle, Pistol, Sniper and Shotgun, each giving +150% ammo pickup for each respective type. This seems a bit much for what is already kind of a niche aura, to the point that I can't even remember if I've ever seen anyone use any of them. And with the removal of the sniper/shotgun ammo boxes, I figured this would be a good time to make a change.

My suggestion to make a more flexible aura:
Remove Rifle/Pistol/Sniper/Shotgun Scavenger from the game.
Turn all existing copies of the above into a generic "Ammo Scavenger", giving +100% (down from +150%) ammo pickup for ALL weapons, including archguns (relevant to Lavos/Protea).

This also makes the aura a lot more squad friendly, as it'd benefit everyone* no matter what they run!
*Excluding melee and battery weapon users

5 years ago I asked for this as well:

On 2017-12-18 at 8:23 PM, Voltage said:

NEW AURA: Weapon Scavenger

Proposal: All weapons gain 150% ammo mutation while equipped. This removes all the current "Scavenger" auras and puts it into a new mod that would see more use than what we currently have.
Acquisition: Add to alert rotations.

And I wasn't the first to suggest this either...

DE like to create pointless exclusive duplicates of existing mods, because that way you have to farm the same thing five separate times. Necramechs have what amounts to a copy of most common Warframe mods. They could have just used Warframe mods. But nope! Have to be new mods, because those you have to grind for in Iso bounties and whatever else (Scarlet Spear? Orphix? I forget).

So yes, I'm in favour of unifying Ammo Mutation/Scavenger Auras. I don't think it'll happen, though.

You know... All ammo had been unified so aren't these outdated anyway? Do they even work? If I have a sniper, a rifle, and a shotgun scavenger in a squad, aren't we just dropping 450% more PRIMARY ammo? Like... At the very least make two auras: Primary scavenger and secondary scavenger. But they wouldn't get used that way. I might use scavenger if it's simply scavenger. MAYBE. 

DE loves to spout about wanting their content to get used equally but leave a ton of it unusable. No... They just don't want the things they personally don't like not getting used to get used and things they don't like getting used to not get used. 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Why?

Because it gives everyone in the squad ammo regardless what weapon they have.  The same way Rifle amp should only give damage to rifle weapons, the same way should Rifle Scavenger only apply to rifle ammo.

You guys went all in on team easy. Not even dividing it into Primary ammo aura and Secondary ammo aura.  Going so far as to even include the very unique ammo type for Archguns.

Scavenger is pure support/utility and doesn't contribute with survivability nor damage like most other auras do. And honestly, the "amp" auras are a bit lacking as well, but that's for another thread.

The archgun pickup bonus would ONLY be relevant if there's a Protea (or subsumed Dispensary) or Lavos on the team, as the enemy archgun ammo drops give 1000 ammo, which is a full refill for everything but Imperator Vandal. Even with Ammo Chain, you'd only add three archguns that can reach over 1k ammo max with the Phaedra, Mausolon, and regular Imperator. Including archguns for the aura would let people that enjoy high rate of fire atmospheric archguns build around that using the ammo aura + Dispensary.

I hope they'll consider unifying the auras so it feels more team oriented, since Scavenger is pure utility. Even just +50% ammo for all ammo pickups would feel better than the current +150% for a specific category, but I still think +100% is fair. Again, literally no one uses these auras currently.

6 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Even just parsing them down to Primary, Secondary, Heavy would be a big improvement

By "Heavy", I assume you mean archguns, in which case... That would be far, far too niché. Again, it'd only benefit Lavos, and those with Dispensary either subsumed or on Protea. This is another reason to bake it in into one single aura for all ammo types, as an 'archgun ammo aura' is just far too specific. Making it generic means you still have the OPTION to use it with Dispensary/Lavos to keep your archguns fed, while still benefitting the rest of your team. The more flexible, the better.

11 hours ago, Redpaws said:

By "Heavy", I assume you mean archguns, in which case... That would be far, far too niché. Again, it'd only benefit Lavos, and those with Dispensary either subsumed or on Protea. This is another reason to bake it in into one single aura for all ammo types, as an 'archgun ammo aura' is just far too specific. Making it generic means you still have the OPTION to use it with Dispensary/Lavos to keep your archguns fed, while still benefitting the rest of your team. The more flexible, the better.

Okay so I've been playing warframe for a very long time, before aura's were auras and were called artifacts. The scavenger artifacts description still said "increased x ammo recovery" but the actual effect was enemies/crates/containers/corpses drop more of X ammo. I had always believed that this was carried forward because I don't remember seeing any patchnotes where it was removed during and after they were changed to aura mods. The wiki says that they are just ammo mutation now though.

So I guess my suggestion would be put back that original function on top of the mutation (if it isn't just an unlisted thing that still exists) So that the Heavy ammo scavenger would still be usefull

22 hours ago, Drasiel said:

The wiki says that they are just ammo mutation now though.

They're not ammo mutation mods. The Scavenger auras don't convert ammo, but rather increase how much you get from a box. For example, instead of getting 80 rifle ammo from a primary box, with Rifle Scavenger you'd get an extra +150%, so that one box would give 200 ammo instead. However! If you also have ammo mutation on that rifle, any mutated ammo will give +150% ammo too.

+100% (or even +50%) extra ammo from all ammo pickups is still way better than +150% for just one subclass of weapon.

On 2022-12-10 at 12:22 PM, Redpaws said:

They're not ammo mutation mods. The Scavenger auras don't convert ammo, but rather increase how much you get from a box. For example, instead of getting 80 rifle ammo from a primary box, with Rifle Scavenger you'd get an extra +150%, so that one box would give 200 ammo instead. However! If you also have ammo mutation on that rifle, any mutated ammo will give +150% ammo too.

+100% (or even +50%) extra ammo from all ammo pickups is still way better than +150% for just one subclass of weapon.

man I don't even know why I wrote mutation there, I meant pickup multiplier. I can't even blame it on my phone's autocorrect. I'm really bothered by when the mods were changed from increased ammo drop to increased amount recovered because none of the scavengers mods have it listed as an update note. It might have happened somewhere between 2013 and 2015 because that's when comments start showing up arguing how the mods work.

edit: I searched through every patchnote from u9 (July 13th 2013 to  u18.14.2 (June 9th 2016) and didn't see any mention of the aura change :(

Archived