Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe has made me pay for content. Am I wrong for feeling disappointed?

Ariel19_98

Not sure if my outrage or feelings are justified, but months ago I took a long break from warframe after buying Hyldrin with plat after caving in and giving up trying to get the stage 3+ missions on Venus to unlock the Orb Mother fight and the grounded Archgun feature. I just looked at all that I would have to do to even get to unlock the fight, with swarms of high damage enemies, extreme difficulty and unfair odds (PC too bad for multiplayer in open world), along with the grind to even get a build that could solo it, and so I just opened my wallet and bought Hyldrin with plat. I was never so disappointed at a game in my life, a free to play game I love as much as warframe making me pay because something its too hard to get.

I had players trying to cheer me up, telling me I didn't need the plat to unlock her, just some focus and insistence, that I could get the stuff if I just followed some steps but there was just too much on the way. I want to be able to fight the Orb Mother, or even have fun in level 60+ areas, but with all the stuff that DE does to make the game unfairly harder (shield gating on enemies preventing oneshots, inability to equip multiple crit chance mods tanking damage on my best weapons, eximus units getting even more ridiculous, etc), I just can't see why I should keep playing or even return to this game. I just wanna give you this picture and say: am I wrong for feeling DE made a paywall and for being so disappointed at Warframe?

Edit: Yeah seems I'm wrong.

Confusion, you're concerned about Shield Gating on Corpus when Toxin ignores shields? You can outright one tap Corpus with Toxin damage without even breaking their shields, you do know that, right?

As for the Critical Mods, how much Critical Chance do you think weapons need? Creeping Bullseye, Critical Delay, and Critical Deceleration is usually more than enough for all critical weapons with the Galvanized Scope/Crosshairs being a decent alternative albeit at more cost and build up

7 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

shield gating on enemies preventing oneshots

headshots bypass corpus shield gates

12 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

inability to equip multiple crit chance mods tanking damage on my best weapons

galvanized scope can stack with one of the other two cc mods, although sometimes its better to mod for other stats instead of just crit so you get more dps.

7 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

am I wrong for feeling DE made a paywall and for being so disappointed at Warframe?

its not a paywall since you don't have to pay to unlock it, it's just a painful grind (which is worth it in the end because of all the stuff you get like better amps and archguns)

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Lady Ukita said:

Sounds like a personal problem, never had an issue farming Hildryn nor did I ever feel the need to spend money to bypass a nonexistent paywall.

What factors helped you have no issues farming Hildryn? How easy was it for you to manage to even complete the 5 missions before even unlocking the boss fight? Did you get all the good stuff right so you could bulldoze through it all with or without help?

19 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Not sure if my outrage or feelings are justified, but months ago I took a long break from warframe after buying Hyldrin with plat after caving in and giving up trying to get the stage 3+ missions on Venus to unlock the Orb Mother fight and the grounded Archgun feature. I just looked at all that I would have to do to even get to unlock the fight, with swarms of high damage enemies, extreme difficulty and unfair odds (PC too bad for multiplayer in open world), along with the grind to even get a build that could solo it, and so I just opened my wallet and bought Hyldrin with plat. I was never so disappointed at a game in my life, a free to play game I love as much as warframe making me pay because something its too hard to get.

Sounds like you are confusing Profit Taker (which does not drop Hildryn parts) and Exploiter Orb, while Vox Solaris is probably the worst syndicate in the game, the requirements for the blueprint is not demanding. Hildryn Prime is most likely the next release in three or so odd months so you don't need to worry about a Helminth copy unless you want Pillage immediately.

26 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

but with all the stuff that DE does to make the game unfairly harder (shield gating on enemies preventing oneshots, inability to equip multiple crit chance mods tanking damage on my best weapons, eximus units getting even more ridiculous, etc),

Those are all non-issues, with only eight mod slots the opportunity cost of multiple CC mods would rarely be worth equipping them.

1 minute ago, Ariel19_98 said:

What factors helped you have no issues farming Hildryn? How easy was it for you to manage to even complete the 5 missions before even unlocking the boss fight? Did you get all the good stuff right so you could bulldoze through it all with or without help?

You're confusing fights. Exploiter Orb drops Hildryn and that does not require five missions ahead of it. You just go into Exploiter Orb so long as you have Distilled Thermia. 

12 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

headshots bypass corpus shield gates

galvanized scope can stack with one of the other two cc mods, although sometimes its better to mod for other stats instead of just crit so you get more dps.

its not a paywall since you don't have to pay to unlock it, it's just a painful grind (which is worth it in the end because of all the stuff you get like better amps and archguns)

Try head shotting 30 of them in a crowd with a Arca Plasmor like I have to try and do because I have no other better weapon. It gets frustrating after a while.
I don't have galvanized scope because I never managed to unlock arbitrations in first place since, y'know, level 60+ is impossible.
And not a paywall but a difficulty wall so steep and high it might as well be a ceiling. It got too hard, it required TOO MUCH grind. I can't get better amps, I can't unlock the boss fight. I can only pay.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

You're confusing fights. Exploiter Orb drops Hildryn and that does not require five missions ahead of it. You just go into Exploiter Orb so long as you have Distilled Thermia. 

Which i can't get because A) I can't play with other players in open world due it being so heavy and causing me to get host migrations by breathing and B) The enemies that spaw in the thermia fracture events are so ungodly jacked up on damage and health that even my most damaging weapons can't kill them OR protect the thermia thing before it extracts. I can't fight the giant spider robots to unlock Hildryn because it is too hard.

Try head shotting 30 of them in a crowd with a Arca Plasmor like I have to try and do because I have no other better weapon. It gets frustrating after a while.
I don't have galvanized scope because I never managed to unlock arbitrations in first place since, y'know, level 60+ is impossible.
And not a paywall but a difficulty wall so steep and high it might as well be a ceiling. It got too hard, it required TOO MUCH grind. I can't get better amps, I can't unlock the boss fight. I can only pay.

Hildryn requires no amp to farm, even Profit Taker only needs a basic one if you want to cycle the shields.

Which i can't get because A) I can't play with other players in open world due it being so heavy and causing me to get host migrations by breathing and B) The enemies that spaw in the thermia fracture events are so ungodly jacked up on damage and health that even my most damaging weapons can't kill them OR protect the thermia thing before it extracts. I can't fight the giant spider robots to unlock Hildryn because it is too hard.

If you can't fight enemies on an equal level, use any one of the frames that trivialise content.

Uh huh. What is your loadout like, your modding? Cause all we are getting out of this thread is just woe is me, impossible, which if it is for what you currently have available to you, do other content until you are ready for Orb Vallis. Open World maps aren't starter friendly (really wish DE didn't give easy access to it, but what ya gonna do bout it) because its content released long after Star Chart was finished. 

Orb Vallis is a good bit more difficult than other content around Venus, for sure. So, yeah, there's a bit of a difficulty wall. But the first thing you ought to do when meeting a wall is to look for a way around it, rather than try to break it down with your face.

To exemplify: Necramechs, which you can get via Deimos, can be a huge help for Profit Taker. Makes it go much faster at minimum, and they can be built to be pretty durable, not to mention covering more elements alongside regular arsenal. A certain spoilerific energy bow can make easy work of Exploiter, and probably many other enemies to boot. And, in terms of surviving, Inaros is still king at that level. So if you can get him and throw some health mods in, he can make your life much easier.

Alot of can'ts and excuses keep popping up.  You don't wanna grind for anything and want all content to be starchart levels.  Hildryn is the least of your concerns if you're having that much trouble with those open world corpus.  If all you wanna do is play the frames you want in the normal star chart with no difficulty, then yes buy them.  Players who grind and put time in complain about everything being too easy if that means anything.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

Uh huh. What is your loadout like, your modding? Cause all we are getting out of this thread is just woe is me, impossible, which if it is for what you currently have available to you, do other content until you are ready for Orb Vallis. Open World maps aren't starter friendly (really wish DE didn't give easy access to it, but what ya gonna do bout it) because its content released long after Star Chart was finished. 

My most damaging weapon is an arca plasmor I must have shoved 5+ forma into following some guides since status can only go so far and you have to build for crit. And my warframe is a Valkyr Prime which is the only thing I have that can deal damage and survive (provided an energy drain Eximus doesn't exist within 30 kilometers of me).
Content I've done: Unlocked all planets on the star chart and almost all nodes; Killed all bosses at least once; Completed kuva lore mission; Unlocked Archwing; Unlocked Railjack; killed base Eidolon.

Content I haven't done: cleared all of the star chart; any arbitration mission; any level 100+ mission; killed any variation of Eidolon on plains; Killed Orb Mother, Profit Taker or variations of these; unlocking new void 'open world' area; completed any of the New War era quests; Unlocked any Necramech.

47 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

making me pay because something its too hard to get.

No one "made" you pay anything. You chose to pay because you found the content too hard and you couldn't be bothered, by admission.
So I'm failing to see a problem here?

5 minutes ago, Kamachi said:

No one "made" you pay anything. You chose to pay because you found the content too hard and you couldn't be bothered, by admission.
So I'm failing to see a problem here?

Picture this: You've been trying for months to get past a very hard part of the game because you wanted a reward on the other side. You try and get one shot, over and over and over again, failure after failure. You try to hold on because there's another way to get what you want, and that's by paying. But you don't want to pay. You NEVER wanted to pay. But you keep trying. You follow guides, you grind until your eyes hurt, you spend a lot of time but nothing works, nothing you do can get you there even with help. Then you cave in, open your wallet, and say "I'm not going through this anymore", and buy your reward. THIS is what I went through. This is the problem. No matter the semantics, no matter if I was "made" or "forced" or "coerced" or "lead into" paying for the content. I paid because the normal way was **not** working. I could have gotten it normally if I had done everything right from the start? Maybe, but I was in the middle of the road and paying was the only thing that worked. Maybe you see the problem now and show some compation unlike the rest of the community who just points and say "that's a you problem".

I remember thinking I'd never get Hildryn but then I took my time and got her. I didn't find bounties before Exploiter that hard. Biggest issue was probably getting one switch to another solo. 

Exploiter orb in other hand was problem for me because Exploiter first phase does a lot of damage and having to throw canisters and shoot them was hard first until I figured that things I need to throw canisters are at the back of Exploiter. I used Protea with shield satellites ability to get a lot of shields so I could withstand damage. operator also helped getting faster behind Exploiter.

I used necramech to shoot vents after throwing and shooting canister.

Second part of fight isn't hard but tedious and can take long time.

18 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

My most damaging weapon is an arca plasmor I must have shoved 5+ forma into following some guides since status can only go so far and you have to build for crit.

did those Guides also cover taking advantage of Damage Types? because if you can't Kill Enemies, it sounds like you don't actually have any Damage.

29 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

My most damaging weapon is an arca plasmor I must have shoved 5+ forma into following some guides since status can only go so far and you have to build for crit. And my warframe is a Valkyr Prime which is the only thing I have that can deal damage and survive (provided an energy drain Eximus doesn't exist within 30 kilometers of me).
Content I've done: Unlocked all planets on the star chart and almost all nodes; Killed all bosses at least once; Completed kuva lore mission; Unlocked Archwing; Unlocked Railjack; killed base Eidolon.

Content I haven't done: cleared all of the star chart; any arbitration mission; any level 100+ mission; killed any variation of Eidolon on plains; Killed Orb Mother, Profit Taker or variations of these; unlocking new void 'open world' area; completed any of the New War era quests; Unlocked any Necramech.

What Guides did you follow? Status is King in this game with guns that are hybrids of Status + Critical Chance being best in slot, especially when talking Corpus since Toxin completely bypasses and ignores their shields. Arca Plasmor is actually kinda ass as a Critical Weapon because its Critical Multiplier is only a 2.6x but makes up for it by having good base damage plus decent status chance. Here, I put together an Arca Plasmor setup using mods you should have access to at this point with only Critical Deceleration being one you may have to farm for (it's a Corrupted mod from Derelict Vaults). Most of the Corpus died before their shields were broken. I am not using any of my better mods or Arcanes which would have trivialized them more. I am not using my Warframe abilities beyond The Vast Untime which only makes it so I don't get hit as much and slows down the enemies (does boost damage against them but only Void damage which I am not using at the moment).

EDIT: Oh, and you brought up Shield Gating. Corpus Shield Gate lasts for 0.3 seconds. Your Arca Plasmor takes longer to fire each shot than the length of the Shield Gate. You've never noticed it more than likely, especially if you're not building for Toxin Status. 

35 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

if you can't kill level 60+ enemies with your plasmor that's definitely an issue with your build. mine easily kills level 180s on steel path (although that is with the galvanized stuff which you said you don't have). send your build so I can see how good it is. 

also the plasmor isn't the kind of weapon that you're actively trying to get headshots with, that's more of a thing for snipers and stuff. also what other weapons do you have? never know you might have some overpowered weapon and you don't know yet.

1 hour ago, Ariel19_98 said:

I had players trying to cheer me up, telling me I didn't need the plat to unlock her, just some focus and insistence, that I could get the stuff if I just followed some steps but there was just too much on the way. I want to be able to fight the Orb Mother, or even have fun in level 60+ areas, but with all the stuff that DE does to make the game unfairly harder (shield gating on enemies preventing oneshots, inability to equip multiple crit chance mods tanking damage on my best weapons, eximus units getting even more ridiculous, etc), I just can't see why I should keep playing or even return to this game. I just wanna give you this picture and say: am I wrong for feeling DE made a paywall and for being so disappointed at Warframe?

Edit: Yeah seems I'm wrong.

I translate what he meant:
I am too lazy to farm and equip myself correctly and therefore pay for content that is normally free if I equip myself correctly. Now I'm here complaining like I always do in every game where laziness doesn't allow me to get the things i want for free. 

PS: Here everyone trying to give him answers to convince him that he is wrong... in my eyes I only see another crybaby that screwed up and now regrets it. But of course, for these people it is never their fault.

The game becomes beyond trivial if you bother to go through progression. Go get better mods, rank up all the ones you have, slap Forma onto your frames/weapons, etc etc.

The only thing this game "makes" you pay for is inventory slots. It's your choice to spend money on anything else.

1 hour ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Try head shotting 30 of them in a crowd with a Arca Plasmor like I have to try and do because I have no other better weapon.

And not a paywall but a difficulty wall so steep and high it might as well be a ceiling.

Before I tell you to use something other than Arca Plasmor for headshots, this is what your secondary is for. Headshot damage just got buffed as well. You have a secondary weapon so you don't have to stop using your preferred main weapon. 

You were not forced to pay. You chose to pay instead of putting in the time. Difficulty wall? Too hard? Too much grind? Again, the time put in correlates with how powerful you are. You've put in no time and so you are weak. No game let's you progress without meeting minimum requirements to move to the next level. If level 60+ is too hard in your eyes, it's time to pack your tenno bags because this is the end of your adventure.

This is just another thread written by someone who has not put in any effort to explore their options and thinks the game is broken and poorly designed.

Archived