Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your opinion needed: Would a complete scarf be allowed?

arch111

Hi all!

I got a request to do the original Teplo Syanda with Mag Alata.

So I remodelled it a bit and made this animation.

It clips the neck and head, but so do Umbras scarf so that should be fixed now.

Question: Do the community want these? If so please post below.

Thanks for reading!

Arch111

• Like 19

23 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

It won't be allowed.
Syandanas needs to attach from one point on the back with enough spare room around to work on any warframe, which mean nothing can wrap around the neck like a scarf.

I am aware. And yet, Umbra do exactly that. So I think it is a choice by DE to not allow it as a standalone for all frames for exactly the reasons you cite.

BUT I argue they should allow it as a frame-specific attachement. That way it ensures it will fit the bodytypes for say, Chroma to pick a frame very problematic.

I suspect its the front dangly bits that are too much of a hassle with clipping and so on that is the main reason tho.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I am aware. And yet, Umbra do exactly that. So I think it is a choice by DE to not allow it as a standalone for all frames for exactly the reasons you cite.

BUT I argue they should allow it as a frame-specific attachement. That way it ensures it will fit the bodytypes for say, Chroma to pick a frame very problematic.

I suspect its the front dangly bits that are too much of a hassle with clipping and so on that is the main reason tho.

I think the point is that it's outside the scope of Tennogen. Which is more just an isssue of this thread probably belonging in fan art or concepts.

2 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

I think the point is that it's outside the scope of Tennogen. Which is more just an isssue of this thread probably belonging in fan art or concepts.

Well, the argument / question is would the players want these? And as a extention of that, what would convince DE of their inclusion if not some outspoken want.

I agree , its fanart for now yes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arch111 said:

what would convince DE of their inclusion if not some outspoken want.

Well, given the actual limitations getting in the way, it's going to take more than just convincing DE that a scarf is neat. Umbra gets a scarf because it's just his model they had to worry about. They did decide to allow frame-exclusive Tennogen in the game as helmets, otherwise they've decided that armour and syandanas should be universal. That's an intentional decision that tells me they're either not interested in the hassle of making sure something is compatible with +50 warframes, don't want their assets to be too obscured, and/or don't want to miss out on sales that an exclusive Tennogen item could have had if it was universal.

Edited by Pakaku

10 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Well, given the actual limitations getting in the way, it's going to take more than just convincing DE that a scarf is neat. Umbra gets a scarf because it's just his model they had to worry about. They did decide to allow frame-exclusive Tennogen in the game as helmets, otherwise they've decided that armour and syandanas should be universal. That's an intentional decision that tells me they're either not interested in the hassle of making sure something is compatible with +50 warframes, don't want their assets to be too obscured, and/or don't want to miss out on sales that an exclusive Tennogen item could have had if it was universal.

I agree with all you said there. I would still want them to allow for frame-specific syandanas and simply add a value that makes it bound to frames like deluxes are configured.

Often the problems and obstacles are highlighted in these questions rather than to answer if the community would want them if DE made them available.

I for one would want them, despite the fact we may never actually get them in the end.

We can dream cant we?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-01-24 at 4:55 AM, arch111 said:

Hi all!

I got a request to do the original Teplo Syanda with Mag Alata.

So I remodelled it a bit and made this animation.

It clips the neck and head, but so do Umbras scarf so that should be fixed now.

Question: Do the community want these? If so please post below.

Thanks for reading!

Arch111

I don't just want it, I NEED it.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a cloak-syandana and bandana/chest piece and shoulder armor in the workshop that I want desperately that fits together to look like a seamless piece.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2595357084&searchtext=

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2595360023&searchtext=

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2595358335&searchtext=

If your idea could be adapted into multiple pieces like this then maybe it would be more viable?

(btw, freaking love the Teplo Syandana, I have it on a lot of frames, thank you for creating it!)

Edited by (PSN)M00n_Slippers

Honestly the scarf looks fantastic. Does it flow behind you as it run?

With how much clipping there is in the game, honestly it looks perfectly fine as is. I've been looking for more scarf options in this game, but that may just be the tales runner player in me

• 6 months later...