Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to get headshots while aim gliding?

unmutual

Question

7 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

What do you mean 5 waves? You guys realise you can just do your riven challenge and abort the mission unless the challenge specifically states you need to finish it?

I'm sure he meant you have 5 waves to get it right. And many of us like to finish missions, aborting all the time to save a minute or two is just too ADHD for me.

On 2023-01-27 at 4:25 PM, unmutual said:

i gave up. sold the riven for 15 endo.

Next time you get this challenge (or if you haven't sold it) I'll give you my technique.  I do a Corpus defense mission as Loki.  Invis and spam radial disarm.  This will cause the enemies to melee the defense target.  They bypass me because I am invisible.  Don't bring an armed pet/companion.  While there are a bunch attacking the target I use the Fulmin to head shot.  You will have 5 waves to get it down but it works. 

On 2023-01-27 at 4:25 PM, unmutual said:

i gave up. sold the riven for 15 endo.

Next time you get this challenge (or if you haven't sold it) I'll give you my technique.  I do a Corpus defense mission as Loki.  Invis and spam radial disarm.  This will cause the enemies to melee the defense target.  They bypass me because I am invisible.  Don't bring an armed pet/companion.  While there are a bunch attacking the target I use the Fulmin to head shot.  You will have 5 waves to get it down but it works. 

On 2023-01-28 at 7:09 AM, unmutual said:

i tried for nearly 2 hours to get a riven unveiled. and failed.

checked the interwebs for suggestions but all failed. i cannot get any head shots. 100 kills but 0 good.

anything that actually work?

I just use a really high fire rate weapon like twin grakatas with zephyr possibly so I could be a bit more floaty and it took me a few tries to get it from spamming bullets down a hallway (I think I just went into a public low level fissure to have lots of easy to kill enemies and low stress environment), did not aim for a single headshot doing it this way and achieved it way quicker than intentionally trying to aim for headshots, and not to toot my own horn but I'm generally in the top percentage of players [in other games where it's tracked] when it comes to accuracy and speed so don't feel bad about struggling to actively achieve this challenge. 

On 2023-01-31 at 12:34 PM, (XBOX)MarineDawg said:

This.

Also helps to do it on a set of stairs. 

On 2023-01-31 at 7:34 PM, (XBOX)MarineDawg said:

You will have 5 waves to get it down but it works. 

What do you mean 5 waves? You guys realise you can just do your riven challenge and abort the mission unless the challenge specifically states you need to finish it?

Use Aerodynamic, Patagium and Aero Vantage mods on any warframe (hover for over ten seconds), use an accurate gun and find some human Corpus targets (easiest head shots). Couldn't be easier without a specific frame. Used to have massive troubles completing this challenge until I started to use these three mods.

On 2023-02-04 at 4:25 AM, Thorham said:

Use Aerodynamic, Patagium and Aero Vantage mods on any warframe (hover for over ten seconds),

You do not need those. You do it in split second with a single properly aimed shot (or magazine). If you do not suceed, no amount of hoovering in the air is enough because you run out of enemies.

6 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

You do not need those. You do it in split second with a single properly aimed shot (or magazine). If you do not suceed, no amount of hoovering in the air is enough because you run out of enemies.

The longer you can hover, the easier it is to get head shots simply because you can take your time to aim and don't need any split seconds.

I guess it is Riven Challenge "Do 3 Headshots in single Aim Gliding"

1.) Take Khora with sniper rifle, eg. Rubico prime

2.) Find cluster of enemies, cast Ensnare, all enemies with be stunned and moved together . Jump up, right-mouse button, then do 3 headshots in single Aim Gliding. 

If you have slow aiming you can also use Aim Glide mods (other guys metioned above): Aerodynamic, Patagium and Aero Vantage

11 hours ago, Thorham said:

The longer you can hover, the easier it is to get head shots simply because you can take your time to aim and don't need any split seconds.

Why take 3 shots than you can miss or not be a headshot, if you can take 1 shot that is all 3 headshot kills? Fulmin, Catchmoon, Arca Plasmor etc exist

Of course you can, if you rather give it a chance to fail or spend more time and effort on it (grabing right mods on your frame etc), your right. 

I used to use Limbo and trap a bunch of Grineer (very well defined heads on those Grineer... 😁) inside a large Cataclysm. Even without any "stay in the air" mods jumping up and getting three headshot kills on frozen enemies while floating down isn't all that impossible. As long as you use a direct kill weapon.

As for the headshots (without kills), use the fastest firing pistol you have, remove all damage mods, add more ammo size, fire rate and multishot (and damage reducing gimmicks if you have them). I used to have Akzani modded for this once upon a time (with like +50 shots/sec or something) and pester Grineer in higher level bounties on PoE with tickling their heads...

9 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Why take 3 shots

Because if you can take your time aiming it's really easy.

9 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

grabing right mods on your frame

I have a load out for that.

Anyway, the mods I listed are perfectly legit for this. I went from this challenge being a massive pain, to it being trivially easy. So easy in fact, that for me there's no need to try and make it any easier.

I've just made the challenge.

I used Ivara(+invisibility) with Patagium mod (+glide) and Soma weapon (+dmg +fire rate). I ran survival Ceres\Draco.

I just lured more enemies in some room, then turn invisible, jump up, glide down and spray enemies heads with Soma. It takes like 10 attempts to do that.

I was also trying Noise+Sleep arrows to position enemies.. but I made the last attempt without any ability beside Invisibility.

20 hours ago, MrBiscuits said:

maybe use zephyr?

she can stay in the air a lot longer, due to low gravity passive thingy

&

4 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Zephyr works wonders here, especially if you load her with relevant mods, many of which increase aim glide.

You don't need to go through any such hassle of using regular Aim Glide with Zephyr.

Simply hold 1 while in the air to enter "hover mode" which lasts as long as you have Energy,
during which aiming counts as aimgliding and thus makes Rivens like this an absolute walk in the park.

There are mods that prolong gliding and decrease the falling speed up to the point of Warframe getting frozen in air for some time. I don't remember the names, but they're not hard to obtain.

Also, combining such mods with Loki (provides both invisibility and extra glide duration) or Wisp (becomes invisible while in air) allows you to calmly aim and take several headshots.

Archived