The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted Holokeys drop chance?

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

12 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

That can't be RNG

That's exactly RNG. RNG stands for RANDOM number generation. What is random? For example you don't see patterns. You have 37% chance? 50% chance? RNG may still select other drops.

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Ive ran at least 15 RJ missions, maybe 20, with not a single holokey. 

When Voruna & Lua conjuction dropped I had very rare drops of Somatic fibers which is similar to Holos drop (38% for Somatic fibers). And I've been doing at least 2x A rotation (2x chance to drop it). I had many many runs without drop.

I've recently go back to Lua (to level up stuffs & something). Every run I make (till rotation C) yields at least 1 Somatic fibers. I've once or twice gotten 2.

Keep a record of your attempts. At a certain amount of bad luck, you are basically entering a level of bad luck, thats basically so rare and unusual, it almost turns into good luck. Like at a point where sharing it on social media, or to DE's twitter or something like that, people will be astonished and be willing to help you or something. If... your luck is actually that bad. Like if your so unlucky you are like the 1 in 10,000 level of bad luck. 

What usually happens though... is people are just bad with numbers and stats and feel a bit unlucky and or exaggerate, out of frustration or from flawed perception. When they actually have to record keep and keep strict number keeping, well its often less extreme bad luck, and more in line with most people. Not saying that is happening here, just that recording keeping serves two purposes. It helps keep us honest, and if you already consider yourself pretty honest and good with stats, its a record of sorts, if we end up somehow are super unlucky. I think I still have a notepad somewhere around, of the time I tried getting a certain Kuva weapon, and had like 211 other weapons come up instead of the type I wanted. So glad we have a pity system for that sort of thing now. 

Anyway 15 + runs for Holokeys is... on the significantly unlucky side of things, yeah, that sucks, but its not too dramatically unusual, at least according to the wikia, of 15 ± 5 nearly guaranteed. Its why being able to do Veil Proxima missions really fast is helpful, that way when you do get the, you get like 10. Mind you, I do wish the drop rate was improved, since often people are just doing those types of missions, just for that reward. I feel like you should at least get a couple guaranteed. Then have them as a drop table RNG reward for additional amounts. 

Yea back when Tenet Ferrox was announced I started trying to farm holokeys.   I ran countless Veil Prox void storms both for corpus and grineer and never got a key.   I kept trying though and just started joining randoms and I finally started getting some.

I racked up 40 keys but i ended up buying Tenet agendas to fix the element on the one i already owned.    So then I had to farm 40 more...

Alone I could not get any.   But if I ran with others I would get them to drop again...

------

So maybe it matters if your solo or in a squad....   But man in my opinion the drop rate is total bullcrap.   It usually takes me 15-20 mins to solo RJ voidstorms.  Thats waaaay to long to only have a CHANCE at getting a key.   I think Voidstorms should 100% give holokeys.   Lets not even bring up the total freaking joke amount you get for taking out a sister.   That should give you 40 right there.  I would totally start doing sisters again.   I got tons of ephemera and maxed out kuva/tenet weapons so I dont need to do them anymore.  

On 2/28/2023 at 1:10 PM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Anyone else notice holokeys don't drop anymore?

That can't be RNG

This is exactly what RNG means!
If you are one of those unlucky ones.. you might not get 1 holokey after 300 missions.

On the other hand, these missions can be done in 3mins for 5 holokeys (saturn, skirmish lvl50-70)
In my opinion this is not that bad... compared to other RNG grinds in this game.

-c0y

On 2/28/2023 at 11:10 PM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Anyone else notice holokeys don't drop anymore?

That can't be RNG

I did [I think it was] 4 void storms just days ago and 3/4 missions dropped holokeys from memory.

I just think there should be this schyster trader that trades in (almost) everything, at exorbitant prices. As a general "pity system", but showing no mercy whatsoever with the costs.

Because even if you have to pay way, way, WAY too much for something, and that three times over, there are still moments when this would be preferable to continue a seemingly hopeless and "game-leavingly" frustrating farming experience.

There have been been times when I would gladly have paid 50k Cryotic or 500k Endo for a drop, instead of continuing the horrible, hateful, continuously disappointing farm that most of all signals "just leave this f*cking game immediately". Even if it would take me weeks of dedicated farming to get that amount it would be much, much, MUCH preferable to doing even one more single hopeless mission "X". And to prevent misuse, he should also always claim a small amount of "palm-greasing" plat for every transaction.

If there was such a slimy trader, most of the extra currencies and pity systems could be transferred to that guy, or potentially even removed (since he would be a general pity system, all by himself).

And yes, he should sell Corrupted Holokeys too.

Archived