Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This gameplay shown by Pablo doesn’t get me excited.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Mazarbul79 said:

It gives me the same impression as the Soulframe gameplay that was shown recently: slow and clumsy as hell. Like The lords of the fallen, but much worse.

That's completely true. 

DE predicted that the community is hard to convince therefore they threw three ways of playing ELDEN RING LITE for portable phones into the mix. 

IF I WANT TO PLAY Elden Ring I plug my PS5 Elden Ring. If I want the fast paced game play of Warframe I plug in my console Warframe. 

Simple. 

It doesn't look very exciting, the big enemy he hammers away at in the first half of the video seems to be really seriously sluggish and kinda brain dead? Mostly it stands there being a pinata. 

I know that D.E. isn't big into adjustable difficulty levels but for people who like this kind of game it is going to be kind of seriously underwhelming to go from other games like this that have pressure coming from enemies into having to dodge or defend only infrequently based on the video..

Right now I just hope that The Circuit is enough of a Warframe gameplay addition to feed a craving for new gameplay and make it to the next major Warframe gameplay patch.. 

1 hour ago, RichardKam said:

Many people wanted to make Warframe into something else, something like soul-like

Not really. Most players who want Warframe to be more challenging specifically point out that there are difficulty levels between Warframe's current state and "Dark Souls", and that they would rather the game shift to some point in the middle of the two extremes (in other words, closer to what Warframe originally was before rampant power creep started to warp the game).

"They want it to be a soulslike" has only ever been a strawman, taking the most extreme stance held by a minority of those wanting more challenge (if any even hold that position in reality, which I can't personally recall anyone actually doing) and acting as if it represents the whole group.

Enemies reaction to non lethal hits = boo

The blast Pablo was using to throw off and stagger enemies = neat!

The melee counter launching the enemy in the air = serotonin

Also that enemy backflip at 30 seconds was kinda sick? I hope higher leveled enemies do more of that.

12分钟前 , TeaHands 说:

Also that enemy backflip at 30 seconds was kinda sick? I hope higher leveled enemies do more of that.

Yeah I agree and that is cool, but I can't help but imagine in SP grineer survival 30 heavy gunners surrounding you and doing acrobatic like crazy, it would be hilarious.

4 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'm gonna be a little honest with you here Young. What did you expect? 

It's clear as day that this update is just an Interactive Teaser/Demo for their next game: Soulframe. Both gameplay is almost identical: Hammer/Blades and a small "Lotus Hand" to blast people (In Soulframe it's the "Soul" that you blast out).

The enemies are just reskinned of each other, One is all Knights and people in old armour, while Duviri is just Dax that are robots, they even have the same grunt and pain sounds with what I understood from both gameplay. (The list goes on..)

Nothing about this update excites me but I am looking forward to trying it out, as did enjoy the Drifter Gameplay during the New War, without my Frame. But seeing how many people dislike this update is understandable, this isn't Warframe, it's a Tech Demo for their new game. Now the issue here is that you'll get some of the "Fans" disagreeing with you and trying their best to prove you wrong in every way they can muster.

I'll give it a try, that's all I can do. If I enjoy it and like it a lot then I'll eat my words (and have a lot of people laugh at me, you know who you are :3)

Seems more like Duviri development spawned the idea for Soulframe to allow them to break away from the problems with a new project. I wouldnt put too much weight on the Soulframe gameplay when it comes to sounds and so on. I mean, in the same devstream they showed us the massively crazy concepts that had once been part of WF before WF became WF. So the sounds are likely just placeholders to allow them to show something that isnt a silent movie.

Not that the Duviri video shown here excites me, not one bit. The A.I is the main problem since it is just too passive, waaay too passive at that. Looks like some poor wrestling tag team setup up or a group of bullies trying to take turns on the fat kid that happens to be a black belt. Then ontop of that hammer gameplay... please just #*!%ing end me now or atleast put me through some water torture! I'll take anything instead of hammer gameplay!

My big problem with this is that even the giant torso sized hammer has no impact when hitting an enemy.

For example, if you hit someone with a weapon like this:

skill claw flick elden ring wiki 480px

they're going to go flying.

Meanwhile in Duviri they don't even flinch at all.

Why would I want Duviri when I can just ^

1 hour ago, Merrcenary said:

your "like normal" means i will be able to pick warframe, weapons, companions that I want? or will it offer me random junk builds?

That's what I'm not looking forward to. I know how the Helminth invigorations work -- 3 terrible frames I don't play or decent frames that have underwhelming "benefits" -- week after week. If Duviri offers anything like that... 😕

46 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Yeah I agree and that is cool, but I can't help but imagine in SP grineer survival 30 heavy gunners surrounding you and doing acrobatic like crazy, it would be hilarious.

I want to bait a Kuva Guardian to Matrix flip into space on the Kuva Fortress.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Maybe I’m alone. But watching this game play of what looks like a slower discount Elden ring knock off mobile game. Just not feeling it, and doesn’t get me excited. I can’t get over the fact that this doesn’t feel like Warframe anymore. Just more not Warframe and vary slow and clunky gameplay. Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

this took DE the better part of 5 years, 5 YEARS to put this together. Yikes.

what is everyone else thoughts here? Does this gameplay excite you? Are you looking forward to it? Why or Why not? 

From what i've seen so far, it looks extremely easy

concerning :(

14 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Matters throughout the whole game. 

A.I. makes or break the immersion of any game. 

When you can notice the A.I yes. Which we cant in any gameplay except Kahl atm. It's the only play where the TTK is high and we cannot lock down or wipe a whole map in the click of a button.

Took a look, and yeah I can see your point. One of my main pain points of Duvuri is going to be how slow and clunky it is. Seeing that just reaffirms that

When he slams the ground. That is almost a full second in stun lock animation. That is not going to be fun to do on the regular.

Necramechs was bearable, New War was okay as a questline. Kahl absolutely was not with having w for 95% of the mission's duration. Duvuri, looking to be more leaning past the point of Kahl in terms of gameplay movements.

I really hope this is what it is at "Base" and that we are allowed to power up from that point which I don't think we will given how Kahl played out and how stripped we are supposed to be.

I hope we can still use focus school abilities and enemies not being immune to them. 

If they can't balance around what they already have why keep implementing new stuff with their own rules and systems...it's getting tiring. 

Dah.. I know which gonna be. Add it and forget it, it's what they always do. 

47 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

When you can notice the A.I yes. Which we cant in any gameplay except Kahl atm. It's the only play where the TTK is high and we cannot lock down or wipe a whole map in the click of a button.

If you strip down the warframe taking out the cards (Mods, arcanes, rivens) then the player may notice the A.I. However enemy design for this game is simply awful and needs a revamp. At least Steel Path helps on such things and Eximus special troops helps too. But again If Warframes are way up then the only way for a counter is power restrictions caused by enemy devices that they bring up canceling warframe powers. 

That may be an alternative, if any. 

3 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

your "like normal" means i will be able to pick warframe, weapons, companions that I want? or will it offer me random junk builds?

i'm pretty sure it's your regular gear, it's called The Circuit

watch the devstream or a devstream summary from early march

7 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I think Duviri will offer many different kinds of game experience and I like it. I'm not worried at all

Remind me

The circuit is pure WF gameplay, but inside that void thingy, that acts like a normal mission node, right?, cuz during Duviri Isaw you was able to temp jump into your frame for a very short time to do super high (whatever)

8 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'm gonna be a little honest with you here Young. What did you expect? 

It's clear as day that this update is just an Interactive Teaser/Demo for their next game: Soulframe. Both gameplay is almost identical: Hammer/Blades and a small "Lotus Hand" to blast people (In Soulframe it's the "Soul" that you blast out).

The enemies are just reskinned of each other, One is all Knights and people in old armour, while Duviri is just Dax that are robots, they even have the same grunt and pain sounds with what I understood from both gameplay. (The list goes on..)

Nothing about this update excites me but I am looking forward to trying it out, as did enjoy the Drifter Gameplay during the New War, without my Frame. But seeing how many people dislike this update is understandable, this isn't Warframe, it's a Tech Demo for their new game. Now the issue here is that you'll get some of the "Fans" disagreeing with you and trying their best to prove you wrong in every way they can muster.

I'll give it a try, that's all I can do. If I enjoy it and like it a lot then I'll eat my words (and have a lot of people laugh at me, you know who you are :3)

I feel stupid for not realizing this could just be like a demo for soulsframe. 

6 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:

After seeing the Soulframe demo in the last devstream, this is the impression that I got as well, for the solo Drifter gameplay at least. I think I will enjoy it, I've wanted to see where they will take the Drifter concept and how they implement the different realities since they introduced them. If they turn the Drifter into a kind of middle man between the Operator and a full blown Waframe (focus tree powers, but more agile combat) then I'd be excited to try going through regular Warframe missions as the Drifter. Maybe it will feel like Warframe did in early days before bullet jump, and everyone moved a bit more slowly but still felt dangerous.

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that the new Drifter tree set (Intrinsics, Meele Weapons and limited WF use) is also put in the normal gameplay, It'll be nice to have, so I can have the same experience you quoted  "will feel like Warframe did in early days before bullet jump, and everyone moved a bit more slowly but still felt dangerous."

24 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

I feel stupid for not realizing this could just be like a demo for soulsframe. 

Eh, don't feel that way, took me another day to realize that and then it hit like like "Wait..oh...Bruh"

18 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Seems more like Duviri development spawned the idea for Soulframe

Either way, folks still gonna believe that it's just that, DE is moving away from Warframe to Soulframe (or so people feel).

I could care less lol, I just like watching a fire burn (maybe a little too much, even actual fire makes me go "ooooh")

ᵖˡᶻ ʰᵉˡᵖ ᵐᵉ

Archived