Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie drop

The drop of sorties is completely wrong, it is unacceptable that 90% of the time you only drop a statuette, endo or kuva, for a mission that you can only do once a day, drop endo or kuva that you can do in a much higher quantity it's acceptable. I hope that in the future the DE listens to the players a bit and doesn't care.

3 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

You mean to tell me that common drops are common, and rare drops are rare?

I believe they mean to tell that the rare drops are unacceptably improbable to drop for a timegated activity.

And I agree, Sorties are never worth my time, which is why I ignore them.

I seem to mainly get statues and boosters.  I don't know the drop chance for them but I get them more than rivens.  I also get boosters multiple times a week for log in rewards.  Probably because I dont need them and for accounts that do theyre probably like finding ice cream in the desert.

Sorties are a good source of endo, in terms of time-gated content. For newer players that need endo or are low in it, doing daily sorties is good for them early on. So I disagree, keep it the same...
However, I think the kuva reward from sortie is the worse reward IMO, but that could just be me.

Why even do sorties though? Most of the time you'll get a few thousand endo or 1 riven roll, which is not worth my time as there are several activities that are better at giving those rewards. Need endo? Try R-9 cloud or enter a corpus veil proxima. Outriders give a guaranteed 225 endo when killed from scrap parts and corpus units pretty much spawn endlessly allowing for you to get thousands of endo in 1 mission. Need kuva? Palladino and Archimedean Yonta both give 35000 weekly for their resources, which is 20 rolls. Then just do your steel path incursions and missions to trade in steel essence for kuva with teshin.

8 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Preferrably one that isn't scuffed with Narmer's "once a week" influence, just a simple difficulty modifier with better loot

A daily replacement for regular sorties would be nice.  Although maybe worries about splitting the player base would scuttle that.  Better loot would be great, although I don't know that it needs to be anything radical.  I know other people feel differently, but Sorties are still pretty fun to me.  More than anything I'd like more challenge rather than soloing and downgrading my loadout to calibrate the difficulty.

In addition to difficulty modifiers, I think I could really enjoy double challenges if it was implemented well. 

On one hand I agree, I would like Sorties to get some sort of update/refresh, especially rewards. On the other hand, DE often reports Sortie content being some of the most popular, consistently played content. Ayatan Sculptures also are a source of Endo and potentially Plat too.

Now for some of us, we don't need a lot of Endo anymore, but a lot of newer and mid game players do. Personally I myself don't even really care about the rewards, but I still enjoy Sorties for the modifiers, and PUBs/Community, as its almost always full squad and I find that nice (as opposed to some modes in the game, which are basically solo even if public is turned on). 

You also have to be careful about rhetoric about whats acceptable or unacceptable. For example, if DE doubled the price of PA, but halved the content you receive... well to me, that would be unacceptable. As in I would probably stop playing the game. If you say the Sortie reward is unacceptable, but continue playing the game... Thats a type of implicit acceptance. Not an agreement, you can be critical of something, think it needs changing, like a lot of people self included would like a refresh/better loot, but also think the current is "fine" or "meh", and or there are other places within the game that need more attention. Likewise, listening to players. Which players? Player base doesn't always agree about everything exactly. If DE has data that says Sorties are popular, then its player perception that may be the issue. Could just be that you have progressed beyond the point of Sorties having value to you, personally, which is okay. Same. Sucks, if you/we want daily content like a sortie that you would like to be more personally rewarding, and wanting more makes sense, just a different vibe from "I am going to speak on behalf of everyone, change this now, its unacceptable". 

7 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

inb4 Steel Path sorties with level 200+ enemies, 2 modifiers per mission, permadeath like Archon Hunts and the same rewards lol.

I'd still play it for a bit, but hoping for better rewards.. may as well ask a brick wall lol. 

yeah if it's still the same S#&$ rewards then no point in having a SP sortie.

they'd have to multiply the common tier rewards by 3 at least.

7 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

yeah if it's still the same S#&$ rewards then no point in having a SP sortie.

they'd have to multiply the common tier rewards by 3 at least.

Semi related, but do you (or anyone else) know if they increased the Archon Hunt rewards recently?

I usually don't really pay attention to the reward, I get from Archon Hunts, since I already have too much of the regular rewards, but I was surprised I got 3x Forma from it. I did know you got a bit of extra Kuva and Endo compared to regular daily Sorties, but was surprised by extra Forma. 

Though yeah, I agree, a daily SP Sortie could be nice, with nicer rewards. 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Semi related, but do you (or anyone else) know if they increased the Archon Hunt rewards recently?

I usually don't really pay attention to the reward, I get from Archon Hunts, since I already have too much of the regular rewards, but I was surprised I got 3x Forma from it. I did know you got a bit of extra Kuva and Endo compared to regular daily Sorties, but was surprised by extra Forma.

That triple forma has always been there, although I don't think I've ever gotten it myself.  (I sometimes forget to check, so it's possible I've missed it.)

7 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

That triple forma has always been there, although I don't think I've ever gotten it myself.  (I sometimes forget to check, so it's possible I've missed it.)

Oh nice!

Yeah, I usually forget to check, I'm usually more focused on whether I got a Tau or not, and totally forget everything else ha. I imagine for people that do pay attention, must suck to get another Anasa, but at least some of the other rewards are a bit better than regular Sortie. 

Thanks for clarification/info. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Though yeah, I agree, a daily SP Sortie could be nice, with nicer rewards. 

I think initially the reward pool was exactly the same as regular sortie but got buffed. My mind's hazy on that though, not sure if it was like that from the start or if it was changed down the line

29 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

I think initially the reward pool was exactly the same as regular sortie but got buffed. My mind's hazy on that though, not sure if it was like that from the start or if it was changed down the line

Yeah my memory is hazy on the matter too, I always knew that the rewards were roughly about the same as regular Sortie, but some were a bit extra. I didn't realise some were double. I had a cursory glance around a few pages to see whether its always been this way, and seems like it. Only thing I could find, was that originally it didn't say you got 3 Forma as a reward. Maybe thats why I was a bit surprised. 

Thank you for the info! 

Archived