The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx needs a buff.

I actually subsumed her 4... Also not because I don't think its good, because with her Augment it is... but I actually think she just... doesn't need it. I thought she survives well enough just with Chaos, movement abilities, and Mind Control. Factions usually have a common enemy that you can Mind Control to give yourself some nice survival buffs (well not really Grineer and they may be the fav enemy faction to fight), but yeah. So I really don't know that much about her 4 or its negatives/drawbacks, I thought it was powerful, just boring.

If I were just thinking of myself purely, I'd probably like it to be reworked into some new more fun ability, something to do with the night and being a DPS ability, but eh, I also enjoy Nyx just fine anyway, and to my understanding a lot of people find her 4 and Augment useful, even if I don't. 

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:
2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Nyx could arguably use a rework, not just a buff: I still don't get how a psychic-frame isn't able to make enemies hurt themselves as a way of dealing damage...

She makes the enemies attack each other does that count?

There's also the whole "enemy attacks are harmless  but contribute to a retaliatory psychic explosion and a Nyx weapon buff" thing.

10小时前 , (NSW)AegisFifi 说:

Nyx Armor Stripping mechanics are very limitated and did not get the improvement other abilities got on the armor strip mechanics rework : Nyx armor mechanics are limited in number of targets and in time and cannot stack (a recast dispells the previous cast).

If you cannot vaporize every psychic bolt targets within the duration you are using her wrong. 

7 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I actually subsumed her 4... Also not because I don't think its good, because with her Augment it is... but I actually think she just... doesn't need it. I thought she survives well enough just with Chaos, movement abilities, and Mind Control. Factions usually have a common enemy that you can Mind Control to give yourself some nice survival buffs (well not really Grineer and they may be the fav enemy faction to fight), but yeah. So I really don't know that much about her 4 or its negatives/drawbacks, I thought it was powerful, just boring.

If I were just thinking of myself purely, I'd probably like it to be reworked into some new more fun ability, something to do with the night and being a DPS ability, but eh, I also enjoy Nyx just fine anyway, and to my understanding a lot of people find her 4 and Augment useful, even if I don't. 

Yes a basic range (240 to 280) Nyx with Ensnare on the 4 is amazing. 

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Nyx could arguably use a rework, not just a buff: I still don't get how a psychic-frame isn't able to make enemies hurt themselves as a way of dealing damage...

With how quicker mobs scale up their EHP than their damage output the "making enemies hurt themselves in their confusion" trope doesn't work that well in Warframe.

26分钟前 , Marvelous_A 说:

With how quicker mobs scale up their EHP than their damage output the "making enemies hurt themselves in their confusion" trope doesn't work that well in Warframe.

Enemy damage actually scale up faster than their EHP (reflective kill rate slope > 1).

On 2023-06-20 at 9:09 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Screw em. Disregarding the fans improved Ember.

Just because people like garbage doesn’t mean the garbage is actually good. It just means those people have garbage taste.

Nah my man, what’s the point of having 53 unique warframes if they all end up as just play secret guitar hero on your controller so you can put the same buffs as every other frame on yourself with a different skin? In a game with so much competition for movesets, there’s gotta be one that ranks last. It’s just how it goes.

Even then. Nyx is serviceable in high level content, because her 3 scales with enemies and her 2 is % Defense reduction. The 1 can stay or go, I don’t care, it’s thematic, and sure the ult can use a touch up but nothing insane. Just use one of the 100s of “screw everything in this direction” guns and you’re fine.

I think Nyx is just incredibly cumbersome, and that can easily be fixed with a few tweaks.

- Enemies affected by Mind Control are now immune to damage for their Duration. Any damage the unit takes is instead translated into a damage buff for the remainder of their lifetime, with a set cap, that is not reduced by Armor or Shields. When Nyx or allies hit the target on initial cast, they instead gain another instance of their damage as the main Elemental damage on the weapon, similar to Zephyr's tornadoes. 

- Psychic Bolts now automatically fly to another nearby enemy for the remainder of their Duration if the initial target is killed. Enemies hit by Psychic Bolts are prioritized by your Mind Control target, and the targets damage is doubled against them. Enemies affected by Psychic Bolts gain 10 stacks of Radiation.

- Chaos now acts as a full stack of Radiation Procs, buffing enemy damage to each other while still allowing an extra increase from Radiation Procs themselves.

- Absorb now allows Nyx to fly around similar to Stalker, but she is not allowed to attack like with her Augment. Your Mind Control target now contributes to Absorbs damage and channel any damage he deals while casting, and the ability instead drains Energy at a fixed rate. Absorb can now proc status effects.

Il y a 13 heures, RichardKam a dit :

If you cannot vaporize every psychic bolt targets within the duration you are using her wrong. 

First, that was not the point : I was highlighting the fact that Nyx' Psychic Bolts are almost the only armor strip ability that does not stack and is limited in time.

Second : there is no such "using her wrong". This is just poor rhetorics when you are in great lack of arguments.

Il y a 13 heures, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT a dit :

I said to limit the cap. The energy drain will still be there, but you won't take 100k damage and instantly be at 0 energy. If DE was so worried about frames being immortal they wouldn't have given Revenant such a powerful mesmer skin buff. Yes DE nerfed Nova, but that's because they were worried of hitting 100% damage reduction on any frame even thouigh I would say they were definitely over reacting. 

If the energy drain somehow wasn't "harsh enough" even with inhibited movement and the requirement of an augument, they could just add a scaling drain like Valkyr's 4 that makes it harder to spend 20 minutes in bubble as opposed to running out of energy because you used it for 20 seconds without a full build revolving around absorb.

But I totally agree with you. The only thing I don't agree is a secondary point about Revenant, but it wasn't yours,

I really agree with you and I asked the same thing three years ago.

27分钟前 , (NSW)AegisFifi 说:

First, that was not the point : I was highlighting the fact that Nyx' Psychic Bolts are almost the only armor strip ability that do not stack and is limited in time.

Second : there is no such "using her wrong". This is just poor rhetorics when you are in great lack of arguments.

Why armor strip needs to be stacked or has endless duration, when you only need 130 str for complete strip and can kill those wet toilet paper in Planck's time? Psychic bolt was clean and simple, unlike those cumbersome fancy stuff like fire blast or terrify or pillage.

God I dunno why I even have to explain this.

5 hours ago, (PSN)CptCombustanut said:

Nah my man, what’s the point of having 53 unique warframes if they all end up as just play secret guitar hero on your controller so you can put the same buffs as every other frame on yourself with a different skin? In a game with so much competition for movesets, there’s gotta be one that ranks last. It’s just how it goes.

Even then. Nyx is serviceable in high level content, because her 3 scales with enemies and her 2 is % Defense reduction. The 1 can stay or go, I don’t care, it’s thematic, and sure the ult can use a touch up but nothing insane. Just use one of the 100s of “screw everything in this direction” guns and you’re fine.

And there’s several frames that do that significantly better than Nyx can.

Just because there’s 53 frames doesn’t give the excuse for Nyx to be trash.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

And there’s several frames that do that significantly better than Nyx can.

Just because there’s 53 frames doesn’t give the excuse for Nyx to be trash.

And there’s several frames that do worse than Nyx can. 

Nyx isn’t trash, and i can only presume you’re saying she is because you don’t actually know what she does? Her ult is eh without building for it and her one is forgettable even if you do, but her two and three are two of the best scaling abilities in the game. Complete armor strip, shield removal, or if you wanna get snazzy and optimize numbers, you can get a perfect 99% removal and keep your damage bonuses for radiation. 

As for chaos, I hope I don’t have to explain to you why it’s good, as that ability should just be obviously her best one.

im not saying she’s perfect, but trash? In no world. You’re probably just not playing her right.

Il y a 2 heures, RichardKam a dit :

Why armor strip needs to be stacked or has endless duration, when you only need 130 str for complete strip and can kill those wet toilet paper in Planck's time?

Because the higher is your power strength, the higher will be the energy drain of Absorb/Assimilate.

Because you can also use a Full-Range Nyx on Interceptions to CC all the area and 130% Power Stength won't fit the build (if you don't know, Nyx is very versatile).

Because it's the way it works for the other armor strip abilities in the game (unless you are living in a Pre-Veilbreaker Universe).

Citation

Players have adapted to this system by maximizing Ability Strength to the point where the armor stripping effect is as close to 100% as possible - thus reducing the number of casts required to strip armor to one. 

Citation

In the effort of encouraging build diversity and streamlining the way that armor stripping abilities work, we are making the following changes:

ALL Armor Stripping Warframe abilities now apply to the TOTAL armor value.

Citation

How it works now: Casting an ability that strips 50% Armor will reduce their Armor to 50% on the first cast, and 0% on the second cast. 
This applies to every single Armor removal ability in the game.

Il y a 2 heures, RichardKam a dit :

God I dunno why I even have to explain this.

God's answer : "Me neither. Crap like this doesn't need to get any explanations : it's just crap".

34分钟前 , (NSW)AegisFifi 说:

Because the higher is your power strength, the higher will be the energy drain of Absorb/Assimilate.

Because you can also use a Full-Range Nyx on Interceptions to CC all the area and 130% Power Stength won't fit the build (if you don't know, Nyx is very versatile).

Because it's the way it works for the other armor strip abilities in the game (unless you are living in a Pre-Veilbreaker Universe).

God's answer : "Me neither. Crap like this doesn't need to get any explanations : it's just crap".

> 130 str won't fit the build

> He cannot even afford 2 red tau shards

You have my sympathy.

il y a 16 minutes, RichardKam a dit :

> He cannot even afford 2 red tau shards

At least, this point is very important : even though I have 5 Crimson Archon shards on my Nyx (only one of them is Tauforged😢), I didn't want to improve power strength, but duration as it fits better the other builds. I've solved the negative power strength with arcanes, but it's not the best and I wish I could make a better use of an arcane slot than just trying to compensate the lack of basic stacking mechanics on Nyx Psychic Bolts.

There is also another point I'd like to bring to this discussion : one could say that Nyx Psychic Bolts are different because they remove all defenses, not only armor, but Styanax' 2nd stacks and is permanent (for the half energy cost). Xaku's Defense Strip mechanics are also time and range limited, but at least it stacks.

Mandatory Mods, Arcanes and Shards, just to compensate the lack of basic mechanics, is not something that will encourage Modding diversity.

And I love Nyx, but I confess she has some problems.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

No there isn’t.

Inaros. Like I know Inaros can be somewhat useful, but instead of dumping all the endo on a maxed vitality and spamming finishers/obtaining another healing alternative you could just use Revenant with a blind rage for the same (but way superior) effect.

Archived