Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur…. 🗡️

(NSW)Heistman

Honestly, Excalibur is too weak at the moment. However, I know the way to make him better! 5 steps.

1: Slash Dash should give invulnerability for 10 seconds per enemies hit, stacking up to 40 seconds.

2: Casting Radial Blind should give 25% Critical Damage on melee, every enemy hit by the blind adds an additional 5% to the count for 7 seconds.

3: His 3rd ability left untouched.

4: Exalted Blade, 30% movement and attack speed on cast.

5:  Every hit dealt on enemies by Exalted Blade should refund 10 energy.

• Like 1

So your solution for buffing him to compare with other frames...

Is to make him so ridiculously busted that there is literally no reason to play any other frame?

1. 40s invulnerability is excessively long, and from memory between 6-10 times longer than ANY other form of invulnerability in the game, including death.
  2. Critical builds are already extremely powerful. They do not need to be made any more powerful than they already are.
  3. ok
  4. So you want to shoot up the DPS on it by an insane amount? If you have it literally unmodded, sure, it's a barely noticeable change, but when you mod it and then apply the ridiculous scaling you get from Ability Strength to it, you are making it so there is no reason to touch any of the weapons you actually bring into the game.
  5. So you want permanent sustain on what would make your excessively overtuned version of Exalted Blade? You can just say that you hate every single other weapon in the game.
  • Like 1

Nice bait. For the one sane-ish person here:

1 hour ago, Flannoit said:
  • 40s invulnerability is excessively long, and from memory between 6-10 times longer than ANY other form of invulnerability in the game, including death.

Valkyr ^^

Also Nyx. And Revenant (because an average of 18 seconds that you can refresh consistently).

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Valkyr ^^

Also Nyx. And Revenant (because an average of 18 seconds that you can refresh consistently).

Her invulnerability comes at a price, if you're pulled out of it while surrounded, you're dead... also, it uses energy, a lot of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Valkyr ^^

nyx is strong defensively, yes.

except that you give up pretty much all mobility (i do mean with Assimilate aswell).
also, she constantly drains energy and has increased drains by taking damage.

would of been a better example to bring up Zephyr. (though she can still die easily with her turbulence up)

also a image that can describe revenant:
I also spliced Sgt. Johnson's Halo 2 speech variations into one : r/halo

Edited by (NSW)Vampire_Mika

16 hours ago, kebra said:

Her invulnerability comes at a price

15 hours ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

nyx is strong defensively, yes.

Sorry to both, but the comment was about long-duration invincibility, and cost wasn't really mentioned. I was supplying the two that have the longest invincibility in the game (theoretically).

Were old Wukong in the game, I would have mentioned him. Old Defy was... a little worrying for DE ^^

В 24.06.2023 в 22:53, Heistman сказал:

Honestly, Excalibur is too weak at the moment. However, I know the way to make him better! 5 steps.

1: Slash Dash should give invulnerability for 10 seconds per enemies hit, stacking up to 40 seconds.

2: Casting Radial Blind should give 25% Critical Damage on melee, every enemy hit by the blind adds an additional 5% to the count for 7 seconds.

why i laughed at this out loud
1 his ability already has invincibility while hes dashing (you also have augment that gives combo meter on each target which gives crit chance)
2 you literally have augment that gives 300% damage bonus on affected enemies 
3 okay 
4 no he needs his sword to do instant hit slash like any Slasher game with extended range of a melee, but this time he would send energy waves with that wide massive angle with almost instant projectile (which also should match the wide angle melee hit)
i did adressed that in my own post better tbh. 

• Like 1

On 2023-07-01 at 5:17 PM, SanderRandorm123 said:

Excalibur is pretty weak compare to even mid frames

Excalibur Umbra is a decent upgrade if you use Exalted Blade and don't use the operator much. Handles Steel Path and Archon Hunts well enough with the right builds. Regular Excalibur perhaps not so much.

On 2023-06-24 at 9:53 PM, Heistman said:

1 : You're literally asking for godmode for 25 energy. This is beyond broken.

2 : Blinded enemies are already opened to finishers and suffer a 400% damage multiplier against melee weapons in general if you don't want to use these. It's probably his most powerful power aside from his 4. It doesn't need to be even stronger by giving you easy access to red crits on top of that.

3 : This is his only objectively useless due to its lack of scaling. It's constantly subsumed for something else unless someone runs the augment (which is hard to defend when you can just replace it with Eclipse or Roar through the Helminth system and free a mod slot). Yet, you're not even touching it ?

4 : Not needed, but not unreasonable either.

5 : And now you're asking for infinite energy.

All these changes are absolutely unreasonable aside from the 4th one which is just puzzling at best. 

If you want to make Excalibur better, you should probably focus more on giving him something he lacks and truly needs, target the right abilities (so not his 2 and never his 4), and not suggest some absurd numbers and effects such as getting 40 potential seconds of godmode with minimal cost ("invulnerability" usually comes with downtimes, short durations, conditions or drawbacks).

Edited by LascarCapable
  • Like 2

Extremely overpowered. Never going to happen.

Maybe as an augment.

Too overpowered.

• Like 2

On 2023-06-25 at 9:58 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Sorry to both, but the comment was about long-duration invincibility, and cost wasn't really mentioned. I was supplying the two that have the longest invincibility in the game (theoretically).

Okay, so you're being pedantic just for the sake of it because when I read their post the only abilities that came to mind were abilities in the same realm as Slash Dash to begin with. That is low energy costing, single cast with no continued energy drain, and near to no or outright no downsides. 

17 hours ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

Okay, so you're being pedantic just for the sake of it because when I read their post the only abilities that came to mind were abilities in the same realm as Slash Dash to begin with. That is low energy costing, single cast with no continued energy drain, and near to no or outright no downsides. 

The soul of debate ^^

You're right about the overall topic, but the point being that there are invincibilities that last longer, and are easier to use in that respect, too. An important note about those invincibilities is that they are a very good case-in-point about how wrong OP's idea is; because of the intentional and heavy drawbacks about getting extended invulnerability.

Please, feel free to use that as ammunition in your conversation with them.

On 2023-06-24 at 4:53 PM, Heistman said:

Honestly, Excalibur is too weak at the moment.

I agree he needs some tweaking and improvement to his survivability, i love playing with mine in Melee only sorties missions and in the Spiral.

Hah, noooooo, way too much invulnerability time to the point calling it OP is an offense.

I would rather Slash Dash just sent Excal straight creating a damaging zone along his path that damages and applies stats to enemies in its wake.

RadiantFinishMod.png

Perhaps make his Radial Javelin* give him either Armor bonus or Overguard per enemy hit?

I rather DE just increased the base stats of the Exalted Blade so it scale better with Power Strength and other bonuses. Even Wukong`s Iron Staff has been dealing more damage than Excal in the Spiral.

No... There are already many forms of you regenerating or recovering energy even wile Exalted Blade is active. If you knew how to properly build it you wouldnt have energy issues.

ADD:
Fixed* the quote about Radial Javelin where i accidentally wrote Radial Blind.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
En 24/6/2023 a las 20:53, Heistman dijo:

I would like to see an augment for Slash dash similar to Virulence energy refund from Nidus.

I would love to see TheKengineer idea in-game.

As for Exalted blade could have the following changes:

-Change slide attack from a radial blind to a radial energy wave ( Radial Wave range: 10 m, Radial Wave speed: 5 m/s )

-Wave speed increase up to 30 m/s (from 15m/s), but wave range reduced down to 30 m (from 37.5 m)

-Wave speed/Wave range not affected by range mods (not a change, just to remind)

-Wave lifetime doesn't decrease with each enemy hit, nor damage fall off with travel distance

-Exalted blade could increase his damage via combo counter (e.g. +10% damage per combo multiplier)

-Exalted blade shouldn't get combo from energy waves (not a change, just to remind)

Edited by (XBOX)ParcaSinietro

• 7 months later...