Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Seven Crimes of Kullervo: Hotfix 33.5.6

[DE]Megan

These bugs have not yet been fixed.

Hydroid Tidal surge

When transitioning to the Operator immediately after being hit by Thrax's beam and then returning to the Warframe, there is an issue unable to perform any actions other than movement.

On 2023-06-26 at 3:39 PM, Xenokis said:

If I transfer to operator at the moment I am hit by a Thrax laser and then return to warframe, I am unable to take any action at all except move and jump.

During that time I feel like a damn leecher who does nothing but pick up resources and it sucks.

The same thing used to happen on normal maps such as Hydron if I transitioned when I was hit by a heavy gunner or other knockdown attack, but now I don't know.

1. Falling off out of the map does not solve the problem, as it only removes abilities and buffs.

2. It is not fixed even if I move to the next wave and the tileset changes.

3. In rare cases it can be fixed suddenly over time, but it takes a very long time.

4. The only way to fix it is to ask my squad members "let me die please" and suicide once and revive myself.

Even after completing the Lone Story in Normal mode, I can't access it in Steel Path... I won't waste more time trying to do the same for the Duviri Experience or the Circuit.

Edit: out of despair I did one round in Normal Circuit and now everything's unlocked. I can't say here what I really think of the last updates.😑

hace 13 minutos, kebra dijo:

Even after completing the Lone Story in Normal mode, I can't access it in Steel Path... I won't waste more time trying to do the same for the Duviri Experience or the Circuit.

Edit: out of despair I did one round in Normal Circuit and now everything's unlocked. I can't say here what I really think of the last updates.😑

Same.. just omplete them and still im locked from SP

24 minutes ago, kebra said:

Yep, thanks for this solution.

Had no trouble until now, and then got locked out of everything SP. Redoing normal Experience did nothing, redoing Lone Story did nothing. That a mission of normal Circuit unlocks everything is really scuffed. Badly done by the hotfix team.

So, I'm reading through the terms of service.  I can get most of this...as most of this is bolted on with as broad legal terminology as possible.  The problem I run into is the following, which is pretty much carte blanche for literally a boot for anything at any time:

• behave in a manner which is detrimental to the enjoyment of the Services by other users as intended by us, in our sole judgment, including, without limitation, harassment, use of abusive or offensive language, game abandonment, game sabotage, spamming, behaving in a disruptive manner, social engineering, or scamming, or contrary to public morals or public policy;

Let's thought experiment this.  There are plenty of in-game things that bother me...but I'm not willing to risk instantly killing the discussion.  As such, allow me an example that is hopefully silly enough to not be misunderstood.  Let's say that next week the popular zeitgeist makes "Jelly" a slang term for a "protected" group.  Let's say that I decide to take offense to said terminology, because I decide that I'm part of that group.  Will DE protect my experience if I vehemently enough state that I'm offended?

Now, what if I've been playing for years and my Kubrow is named Jelly?  Do I get an insta-ban for the name I had on the thing for years, which is now offensive?

Better yet, I want to have a discussion on the forums.  Can I use the term Jelly as a member of the group...or am I going to eat a ban because anybody anywhere finds offense with the term Jelly?  

I hate to say this, but the introduction of rules like this is pretty frustrating.  It's especially frustrating when I cannot use the term "Assault Rifle" to describe a weapon in the "Assault Rifle" class, but I can literally cut someone in half.  It's weird to see innuendos on the developer streams, and having seen similar innuendos seen in-game is not kosher.  Finally, I'm playing a game with a forum that...generally is good about fair handed moderation but is prone to conflating people's ideas with them.  The problem for which is that telling people that their ideas suck is conflated with telling them that they suck...which makes any discussion impossible.  When you cannot separate yourself from from the idea then there's no discussion which can happen because everything contrary to your thought is inherently insulting to you.  

I want to finish with an anecdote.  You are playing a game that regularly includes gore, has long meme strings acknowledged by the developers regarding the...assets of certain characters (Wisp/Mesa), and the most offensive bit seems to be language.  It's amazing that in an M rated game that the greatest concern is people being insulted whilst I stack bodies of the mentally undeveloped things (grineer).  I...find it amusing that I can be told that I suck and be offended, and it's infinitely more possible to be banned.

While I acknowledge that these terms of service are...legally preferential for a reason, it really makes me not want to engage with any feedback ever.  It seems like anything short of praise and devoid of any personality is a potential issue.  Rolling those bones, and coming up with a snake-eyes, just seems like a lot of personal risk and no reward.  As this game continues to shed people it's apparent that DE wants to understand why, but if I have to be blunt and say what is terrible I fear that I'm inviting the ban hammer...  Shame really.  Sometime a stream of profanity from a 12 year old is preferred to feeling safe and being comfortable...because at least CoD figured out that the need for people is greater than the need to not be offended.

58 minutes ago, Peleides said:

Yep, thanks for this solution.

Had no trouble until now, and then got locked out of everything SP. Redoing normal Experience did nothing, redoing Lone Story did nothing. That a mission of normal Circuit unlocks everything is really scuffed. Badly done by the hotfix team.

I think they don't even know why this is bugged, hence they can't provide a clear solution...

They tried fixing a bug where some players cannot access Duviri SP content by locking everyone out of Duviri SP content. I Just did a single round of circuit and it's still not unlocking. Don't tell me I have to complete 10 stages of Circuit just to access the SP mode. I will literally uninstall this game.

49 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

So, I'm reading through the terms of service.  I can get most of this...as most of this is bolted on with as broad legal terminology as possible.  The problem I run into is the following, which is pretty much carte blanche for literally a boot for anything at any time:

• behave in a manner which is detrimental to the enjoyment of the Services by other users as intended by us, in our sole judgment, including, without limitation, harassment, use of abusive or offensive language, game abandonment, game sabotage, spamming, behaving in a disruptive manner, social engineering, or scamming, or contrary to public morals or public policy;

Let's thought experiment this.  There are plenty of in-game things that bother me...but I'm not willing to risk instantly killing the discussion.  As such, allow me an example that is hopefully silly enough to not be misunderstood.  Let's say that next week the popular zeitgeist makes "Jelly" a slang term for a "protected" group.  Let's say that I decide to take offense to said terminology, because I decide that I'm part of that group.  Will DE protect my experience if I vehemently enough state that I'm offended?

Now, what if I've been playing for years and my Kubrow is named Jelly?  Do I get an insta-ban for the name I had on the thing for years, which is now offensive?

Better yet, I want to have a discussion on the forums.  Can I use the term Jelly as a member of the group...or am I going to eat a ban because anybody anywhere finds offense with the term Jelly?  

I hate to say this, but the introduction of rules like this is pretty frustrating.  It's especially frustrating when I cannot use the term "Assault Rifle" to describe a weapon in the "Assault Rifle" class, but I can literally cut someone in half.  It's weird to see innuendos on the developer streams, and having seen similar innuendos seen in-game is not kosher.  Finally, I'm playing a game with a forum that...generally is good about fair handed moderation but is prone to conflating people's ideas with them.  The problem for which is that telling people that their ideas suck is conflated with telling them that they suck...which makes any discussion impossible.  When you cannot separate yourself from from the idea then there's no discussion which can happen because everything contrary to your thought is inherently insulting to you.  

I want to finish with an anecdote.  You are playing a game that regularly includes gore, has long meme strings acknowledged by the developers regarding the...assets of certain characters (Wisp/Mesa), and the most offensive bit seems to be language.  It's amazing that in an M rated game that the greatest concern is people being insulted whilst I stack bodies of the mentally undeveloped things (grineer).  I...find it amusing that I can be told that I suck and be offended, and it's infinitely more possible to be banned.

While I acknowledge that these terms of service are...legally preferential for a reason, it really makes me not want to engage with any feedback ever.  It seems like anything short of praise and devoid of any personality is a potential issue.  Rolling those bones, and coming up with a snake-eyes, just seems like a lot of personal risk and no reward.  As this game continues to shed people it's apparent that DE wants to understand why, but if I have to be blunt and say what is terrible I fear that I'm inviting the ban hammer...  Shame really.  Sometime a stream of profanity from a 12 year old is preferred to feeling safe and being comfortable...because at least CoD figured out that the need for people is greater than the need to not be offended.

Terms of Use such as the portion you selected are present in, to my knowledge, nearly every single live-service I use. It isn't there to prevent people from being "offended," it's there to preserve the company's ability to respond to a very rapidly-evolving linguistic landscape. I'm reminded of an old Family Guy skit where a guy is rubbing his rear on the counter at a fast food place, loudly declaring "I'M DOING NOTHING ILLEGAL, SHOW ME THE LAW."

Well, that boiler-plate section of the ToS is the law. It's non-specific by design. It's what allows the company to maintain the environment within its own service to reflect its own values, as is its right to do so. Literally the only thing preventing DE from perma-banning everyone in the game that uses the letter "A" in chat is market pressure; there's no reason for them to do it, but importantly, there's no legal reason they couldn't. You do not have the right to play Warframe, and DE has every right to do anything they want with their own property. If you do not agree with the company's values that they enforce, do not play the game.

Your example here is rather toothless, making it sound like some sort of Snowflake Brigade is out here trying to censor you. If you're that worried about the consequences of your words, perhaps you should reconsider your behavior. I'll be over here not toeing the line of hate-speech and not worrying about getting banned.

I'm sure your counterpoint to all this will be the Nezha debacle, but recall that those were volunteer moderators, and DE pivoted away from that model as a result.

4 hours ago, bl1te said:

Regarding the Kullervo's Hold event and the 5 Pathos Clamps tax, there is an unsolved issue.

That explanation on clamps tax makes no sense since it was required from a player to pay 5 Clamps even in Solo and Invite Only modes.

Are you going to address this issue somehow, give an official commentary? Or ignore it leaving as is?

Also, any plans to soften the SP Circuit progression? There is no difficulty/challenge but time consumption only.

As has been said in multiple threads since his release, the tax was there due to the node guaranteeing a Kullervo fight regardless of the active spiral or RNG within standard lone story runs - while also driving engagement on the fight so that it could be tweaked early rather than late.

The intent of the node was to simplify and focus the farming of Kullervo and Rauta, allowing players to have access to the fight at all times. The tax was only an issue if you had exactly 0 clamps, something which was mitigated twice over by twitch drops active on the node's introduction and the following week. The net gain from a guaranteed Kullervo encounter was still 5 clamps regardless, so this seems like a very narrow view on the actual purpose.

2 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

bro this is longer than the EULA. it's just an agreement for you to sign to agree not to do that stuff. if you still want to do it then don't sign it pretty simple

e: the real news here is that they're taking an official stance on "game abandonment". AFK players are a nuisance and it's good to see that they're not officially condoned

Still can not enter Steel Path. Played the normal Circuit as suggested... played the normal lone story... played the normal full experience and still get the message that I am locked out of SP.

FFS... I am playing SP difficulty since the day Steel Path was introduced. Why for gods sake do I have to "qualify" myself again? That is so damn stupid.

42 минуты назад, iPathos сказал:

As has been said in multiple threads since his release, the tax was there due to the node guaranteeing a Kullervo fight regardless of the active spiral

I would like to see such statement directly from DE staff, like an official one. I've been checking almost every hotfix/announcement thread since his release, and there was no clarification - like the one you provided - from DE.

The only justification was Megan's statement about "guaranteed 'experienced' teammates" which, like I said, made no sense for Solo/Invite only modes.

A company makes a thing (the tax). It should be reasoned (Megan's statement). The reasoning should have logic behind it (null). The company should take responsibility for what it states.

51 minutes ago, TheBestAsbestos said:

Terms of Use such as the portion you selected are present in, to my knowledge, nearly every single live-service I use. It isn't there to prevent people from being "offended," it's there to preserve the company's ability to respond to a very rapidly-evolving linguistic landscape. I'm reminded of an old Family Guy skit where a guy is rubbing his rear on the counter at a fast food place, loudly declaring "I'M DOING NOTHING ILLEGAL, SHOW ME THE LAW."

Well, that boiler-plate section of the ToS is the law. It's non-specific by design. It's what allows the company to maintain the environment within its own service to reflect its own values, as is its right to do so. Literally the only thing preventing DE from perma-banning everyone in the game that uses the letter "A" in chat is market pressure; there's no reason for them to do it, but importantly, there's no legal reason they couldn't. You do not have the right to play Warframe, and DE has every right to do anything they want with their own property. If you do not agree with the company's values that they enforce, do not play the game.

Your example here is rather toothless, making it sound like some sort of Snowflake Brigade is out here trying to censor you. If you're that worried about the consequences of your words, perhaps you should reconsider your behavior. I'll be over here not toeing the line of hate-speech and not worrying about getting banned.

I'm sure your counterpoint to all this will be the Nezha debacle, but recall that those were volunteer moderators, and DE pivoted away from that model as a result.

You...seem to be missing a lot of things.  It's fun to read how other people read into what I'm saying...then call an intentionally inoffensive example toothless.  It's almost like you speed read...and miss the context.

Now, let me be specific.  There are examples of DE, as a company, having a representative institute a ban on someone for the name of their companion/equipment.  They didn't do the logical thing of just forcing a rename, but instituted a ban.  If you care to look it up, "swab" is part of the name.  Now, their text filter prevents me naming something an assault rifle, but this phrase was 100% fine...until a dev took offense.  

Now, let's look at what DE finds acceptable as a company to sponsor.  I'm not going to refer back to the people they had but banned...because that list is just a fun memory hole situation.  They looked at their content, said "yes, you can represent our company with our product," and got bit in the backside.  Yes, the Nezha things is a thing.  What I'd actually refer to is the constant "asset" praise that frames like Wisp and Mesa get.  I'd like to go with the "muscle mommy" for Hildryn.  I'd like to touch on the massive cod piece that Rhino has.  

When you cannot count on things to be inviolable, and DE has the ability to do literally anything for any reason, then there's a problem.

Let me ask you a question.  I'm assuming you're in the US...so roll with that.  Most western countries assume innocent until proven guilty, instead of the other way around.  Most also have habeas corpus.  Why?  Well, the two assume that if you are guilty someone has to define what you are guilty for, and have proof you are guilty.  Without a path of arbitration, or appeals, then this is a contract saying literally we are allowed to give them money for nothing and we'd best like it...because they can change the ToS after launch and hold the software to ransom until we agree.  This is despite 90% of the game being our responsibility, as we host sessions.  Their provision to us is a rewards check and download of updates. 

Assuming that doesn't tickle your fancy, read the bits about intellectual property, and compare to the contests they have require us to violate that policy usage (think about their use of assets to create novel scenes).  That double standard is just kind of funny...and it blows my mind that you'd sign away rights without understanding them.  But whatever, most people are too busy to understand what they sign, right?

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

in order to unlock Duviri on The Steel Path now, you may need to replay and complete The Circuit (complete at least one stage) and Lone Story (complete all stages, including defeating the Orowyrm) on their normal difficulty. 

Are you out of your mind? Please tell me this change was not intended, I thought you as a company at least pretend to respect our time (even though it's widely known and accepted you don't).

If intended, you really expect me to just accept being forced to do tedious repetitive annoying content that I DO NOT want to do, in order to even access the tedious repetitive slightly more annoying content (that I also do not want to do, but force myself to do it for rewards)?

Do you think we have nothing else to do over the weekend? I was at 8/10 SP hoping to get the boring weekly grind out of the way today, and now I can't even do that.

Ridiculous. Ridiculous and out of touch.

5 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

What exactly are you two preaching for?

He's already had it up to 10K and had small buffs to his Kit, he's gonna be getting a 0.5 second Invulnerability window

If "Now unlock Kullervo's max Overguard cap. Like Rhino's ... Nezha's ..." isn't obvious enough, then you should start playing more frames, not just Kullervo, to comprehend this demand.

18 minutes ago, hamsterdance said:

bro this is longer than the EULA. it's just an agreement for you to sign to agree not to do that stuff. if you still want to do it then don't sign it pretty simple

e: the real news here is that they're taking an official stance on "game abandonment". AFK players are a nuisance and it's good to see that they're not officially condoned

No, it isn't.  Stop trying to make this seem extreme.

Also, game abandonment is on their list of things, but it never wasn't.  I know this is an ask, but please think critically.  Their terms could be extended to things such as "intentionally choosing white as the energy color on a high particle count room filling explosive meant to intentionally blind players" or even "Rift trolling with Limbo."  That's potentially not how they want us to play the game...even if they give us the tools to do it.

Let me ask an obvious question.  If you're really serious about people not taking offense then why have you avoided adding a basic feature as old as most arena shooters that were online?  That'd be a vote to kick players...which if someone was offensive would allow for easy segregation.  Get 10 kicks a month, get shuffled into the "aggressive" match making pool.  Get 20, you get a ban from community chat.  30, well that's a flag for moderation to review your actions for a real gameplay ban.

Why suggest something like this?  Am I a snowflake?  Well, let me suggest that I want to hear people express feelings...of rage, which often includes swearing.  I grew up with Tribes, Unreal Tournament, and an advertisement saying "John Romero is going to make you his b****."  I have a thick enough skin to tolerate this, and I think most people should if they're playing an M rated game...not even broaching the subject of lazy parents buying a mature game for their immature offspring.  

Sometimes, and I mean this rationally, what DE does and says doesn't align.  In that gray area we have to exist.  That...is a severe dis-incentive to communicate with DE at all...because they cannot penalize us if we don't care enough to say what is bad...and saying such might offend.  

57 minutes ago, bl1te said:

I would like to see such statement directly from DE staff, like an official one. I've been checking almost every hotfix/announcement thread since his release, and there was no clarification - like the one you provided - from DE.

The only justification was Megan's statement about "guaranteed 'experienced' teammates" which, like I said, made no sense for Solo/Invite only modes.

A company makes a thing (the tax). It should be reasoned (Megan's statement). The reasoning should have logic behind it (null). The company should take responsibility for what it states.

With pleasure. 

Initial Update + Everything about it. You can Control+F the key-word "Hold" for yourself also. Took the specific text from it below the link. 

You don't need to ask staff, just read the fine print next time. This was also announced during the dev stream, if you watched it. Therefore that's two locations now where the information was given.

Simply don't play The Experience / Lone Story during Joyous or Envy Spirals if you're desperately farming for the Hold and Kullervo's parts.  

Colored the section in green to show exactly where it is in the text below. 

Link: 

Time-Limited Node: 
Starting today @ 12 PM ET until July 5th @ 12 PM ET,
 face off against the most felonious persona this side of the Watershed Hamlet in a time-limited node that gives you guaranteed access to him (read on to also learn about his permanent access methods).  

Sealed in a permanent Sorrow Spiral, this time-limited node is a special rendition of The Lone Story which grants you guaranteed access to fighting Kullervo as part of the Stages to complete. As with all Spirals, defeating the Orowyrm is also the grand finale to this Lone Story. 

Node Requirements:

• Completed The Duviri Paradox Quest 
  • (5) Pathos Clamps to access the fight through Kullervo's Hold, a custom Sorrow Spiral. The access fee is applied at the end of the mission in case you experience a mid-mission disconnect. In combination with the Pathos Clamps rewarded from the required Orowyrm phase, the normal path will reward you with 5 Pathos Clamps, and Steel Path will reward 10 Pathos Clamps (offsetting the initial deposit of 5).

If you have yet to fight the Orowyrm to earn Pathos Clamps in Duviri, now is the time! This time-limited node is our way of encouraging players to experience and complete a full Spiral in Duviri if they have yet to do so. Duviri has much to offer, and Kullervo awaits your visitation for a dance of blades. 

39 minutes ago, bl1te said:

I would also like to see a direct statement about this that isn't just some offhand comment made during a Livestream, mostly because while it's referable it is also far more easily said in passing compared to something directly published in a forum post.

As things stand, I'm ok with the tax having been there because I was entirely aware of the twitch drop campaigns intended to mitigate this "issue". 

When entirely informed, this only became a problem during the Envy and Joy spirals when Kullervo's Hold simply wasn't there - as you could otherwise freely go to the Hold to fight him even outside of the regular objectives within Experience, or just do Lone Story and hope for the objective to be selected as one of the four (which it usually was).

The above reasons are some of those that imply my previous statement(s) around DE's likely intent behind the node itself. Until we hear otherwise though, to speculation we bow! 😁

Edit: thank you to @Halo for the direct quote, I couldn't recall if there was one so blunt in the reasoning - though the point still stands that it'd be nice to know if it was just for that reason or for tuning etc as well.

16 minutes ago, iPathos said:

Edit: thank you to @Halo for the direct quote, I couldn't recall if there was one so blunt in the reasoning - though the point still stands that it'd be nice to know if it was just for that reason or for tuning etc as well.

No problem! 

DE themselves said during Dev Stream #172 that the plan for Kullervo was set but not ready for release. 

Specific reasoning for the Hold was that the "Joyous Spiral" (as well as envy) would not suit the right mood for his Hold's spawn, hence why it's locked behind Anger, Sorrow, and Fear. 

They also specifically said that they can turn on the Hold *quote* 'whenever they want', so if players are having beyond extreme issues with it (which none of you should be having unless you're directly avoiding the content, then that is your own fault), they can do weekends / post-prime-time mini-events for it for those who find it a dire pain. 

They assured that they wanted the flavored gameplay first, but they can happily turn it back on when required. And as of right now, it is not a requirement. 

You might be wondering how I know this information as well, this is due to the fact that I take notes on every single dev stream and summarize all the small details given, so I can pull it up on demand when required.

Moral of the Story: Always read the information given first.

Archived