Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Seven Crimes of Kullervo: Hotfix 33.5.6

[DE]Megan

On 2023-07-08 at 10:57 AM, [DE]Momaw said:

From the patch notes:

"in order to unlock Duviri on The Steel Path now, you may need to replay and complete The Circuit (complete at least one stage) and Lone Story (complete all stages, including defeating the Orowyrm) on their normal difficulty"

Should work fine if you do this.

So even thought I did all three of these, before this last patch, I have to go back in and redo EVERYTHING again just to unlock steel path again?! So I have to spend another 4 hours doing lone story because something broke and this is the only way to fix it? This is nonsense!

It's already bad enough the host migration issue still exists (just happened to me again 2 nights ago in circuit, host left us at wave 5 and we all got stuck, could not proceed to wave 6 and lost ALL progress and rewards). I hope you all are going to be really taking a look at the code and fixing this, or at the very least, offer some sort of compensation to use who have to now waste 4 hours AGAIN to do lone story. 

DE, PLEASE do better!

• Like 7

I actually didn't have to redo the normal Duviri game modes after the hotfix, but that's because I had done The Duviri Experience before completing the others. Depending on the order you did the nodes, The Circuit and The Lone Story may not have been marked as complete, which is why you'd need to redo them (although fortunately that bug has already been fixed, so this'll be the last time you need to play them).

I understand that many players are upset about the inconvenience, but let's not overexaggerate how much of a problem it is. The Lone Story takes less than half an hour to complete for the average player, not 4 hours. Enemies are also very weak to the point that even loaner weapons and loaner builds easily have enough firepower, so you don't have to worry about being affected by unlucky loadouts either.

• Like 3

It's a flag. 0 or 1. Pretty simple. 

10 hours ago, ActualNine said:

I understand that many players are upset about the inconvenience, but let's not overexaggerate how much of a problem it is. 

The *problem* is we had to figure out wtf was going on by ourselves.

That's frustrating. Frustration leads to disgust. Disgust leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark side or some S#&$.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, iPathos said:

This... This is a bug I hadn't encountered often before Duviri, but since it dropped has definitely happened several times.

At this point it's at least once per week and usually multiple times, each requiring either some knockback jank or as said, fully dying.

It would be wonderful to see this addressed sooner rather than later, if possible. The only thing I can add to its causes is trying to act too soon after transferring to operator as a client, which is of course ping-dependent. Within the Circuit it's a huge problem too, as that usually calls for quick action to either destroy Thrax ghosts or drop operator abilities.

Expanding on that, can we please have some attention given to Thrax Legatus spectral forms being indestructible unless you're the host? It makes the intended counterplay impossible by any clients and calls for either status immunity, a cleanse or magnetic proc immunity just to deal with the UI scrambling effect (which not all cleanses actually cleanse, either...).

The only problem with that idea is I was the Host and doing it Solo, if I was in a group I'd say over text chat let me die gotta fix a bug, (yes tried jumping off the map as Warframe and operator when you can). then the rest can cover and be aware they're one player down until I get back to helping the team.

I don't often get bugs, but when I do, I do them like a BOSS and go all out. :cool: :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ActualNine said:

I actually didn't have to redo the normal Duviri game modes after the hotfix, but that's because I had done The Duviri Experience before completing the others. Depending on the order you did the nodes, The Circuit and The Lone Story may not have been marked as complete, which is why you'd need to redo them (although fortunately that bug has already been fixed, so this'll be the last time you need to play them).

I understand that many players are upset about the inconvenience, but let's not overexaggerate how much of a problem it is. The Lone Story takes less than half an hour to complete for the average player, not 4 hours. Enemies are also very weak to the point that even loaner weapons and loaner builds easily have enough firepower, so you don't have to worry about being affected by unlucky loadouts either.

Allow me to voice a counter.

This is not about "just taking a half hour of your life."  What this is about is largely the frustration of fixing things...and breaking other things to do it.

I am frustrated that I have to redo the missions.  I have no desire to get 300 extra cryotic and spend 10 minutes in the circuit.  I have no desire to speed run duviri with garbage weapons...because the Paracyst and Stug were just a great combo for the orowyrm battle.  These are less frustrating than the problems introduced.  I'm running a 3080 12 GB and a 5600x.  I'm running at 144Hz 1440p.  Prior to this update it was smooth solo.  Post update I'm now getting huge segments where that smooth 140Hz drops to 113 and below, the game has a moment, and this is in varying areas of Duviri.  None of that even touches the buggy mess that PoE has become...and I don't want to consider Deimos and Fortuna.  They're just going to be a problem all over again.

This would be bad...but I have the VRAM usage on...and it's under 4GB.  I have 64 GB of system RAM.  It's baffling that suddenly the optimization on what previously worked doesn't anymore...and it's not even worth telling DE.  I've already read through their forum on bugs and I'm not the only person that is seeing just uniformly worse performance from a fix.  I...am just so tired that what is working is broken, what was fine is not, the fix requires I replay a game mode that I at best want to speed run through, and all of this is predicated on being done so I can spend several hours to get what may be a good incarnon adapter...maybe.  Of course, it could also be something like the Fellarx...where only this recent update has managed to make the incarnon form an absolute joy...  It only took what, a year?

• Like 4

Il y a 13 heures, ActualNine a dit :

No, the problem isn't really the missing 2 hours needed to unlock everything ... again.

I have 4000+ hours and went through a lot of bugs, Railjack was the worst, I almost quit and lost some player buddies there. But the problem here is not really a bug.

They made wrong choices :

• Making such an impactful hotfix on a friday.
  • Give explanations that are garbage.
  • Choosing to block something that most players have access at one point ... and that is the worst decision here. They own the databases, they can choose exactly what we have access to. Establish rules based on MR or StarChart progression or whatever, just to limit the number of players affected by their own problem (bug or poor software design ?).

And we, players, have to pay the price, in hours, not of a bug but of a decision.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, RogeMage said:

So even thought I did all three of these, before this last patch, I have to go back in and redo EVERYTHING again just to unlock steel path again?! So I have to spend another 4 hours doing lone story because something broke and this is the only way to fix it? This is nonsense!

I know you have other complaints in your post, but just to comment on the Lone Story bit: This is referring to the Lone Story mode in Duviri, where they strip away all the side objectives and have you run through the usual main 6 objectives before fighting the wurm. Including the wurm fight, it only takes around 20-30 minutes at most and doesn't involve redoing the Duviri story quest (I'm pretty sure we can't repeat that right now, actually).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DancingRogue said:

The *problem* is we had to figure out wtf was going on by ourselves.

That's frustrating. Frustration leads to disgust. Disgust leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark side or some S#&$.

The devs have clearly stated in the posts detailing the fixes that players should not just do one of the options, but all of them. That was the original progression intent. It looks to be nothing more than a reading comprehension issue in so many cases because Normal Duviri as a whole has to be properly completed before players get access to SP. It's the same as normal star chart progression but is unfortunately lacking in the clarity that the standard blue/white nodes gives us.

If people followed the instructions given when realizing they couldn't access the node, they would realize that they don't have to clear normal Circuit's tiers to unlock it, as well as the fact that having completed normal Lone Story was a requirement that many players had never done, due to an oversight that has since been corrected.

3 hours ago, krzysiub said:

any fixes for completing 1 stage of normal circuit not unlocking steel path?

Do Lone Story too, as the devs said.

4 hours ago, Solostaran said:

No, the problem isn't really the missing 2 hours needed to unlock everything ... again.

I have 4000+ hours and went through a lot of bugs, Railjack was the worst, I almost quit and lost some player buddies there. But the problem here is not really a bug.

• Choosing to block something that most players have access at one point ... and that is the worst decision here. They own the databases, they can choose exactly what we have access to. Establish rules based on MR or StarChart progression or whatever, just to limit the number of players affected by their own problem (bug or poor software design ?).

And we, players, have to pay the price, in hours, not of a bug but of a decision.

It's not 2h, for one.

On 2023-07-08 at 2:26 AM, [DE]Megan said:

in order to unlock Duviri on The Steel Path now, you may need to replay and complete The Circuit and Lone Story on their normal difficulty.

This was the original post, see how it says "and" in the middle of the statement? They've since improved on this by highlighting that qualifier, however it's not like they didn't tell us from the start.

Now admittedly this could maybe have been enacted through a script, however it clearly shows that it was not an issue for everyone as there's multiple people without this issue chiming in.

On 2023-07-07 at 1:23 PM, Zyrachiel said:

Ridiculous. Ridiculous and out of touch.

Damn, it's like they said in the first post that it wasn't tracking properly. Just do your runs earlier in the week instead of waiting until last minute.

5 hours ago, Deekkru said:

I know you have other complaints in your post, but just to comment on the Lone Story bit: This is referring to the Lone Story mode in Duviri, where they strip away all the side objectives and have you run through the usual main 6 objectives before fighting the wurm. Including the wurm fight, it only takes around 20-30 minutes at most and doesn't involve redoing the Duviri story quest (I'm pretty sure we can't repeat that right now, actually).

I was exaggerating a bit due to my frustration, especially with the Host migration issue still in Circuit  still being a thing. I've lost progress and rewards so may times now, that having to redo both of these again after the hotfix was a slap in the face.

• Like 1

On 2023-07-08 at 5:25 PM, iPathos said:

AND one completion of Lone Story on normal.

AND.

They are saying go do one round of standard circuit AND one completion of Lone Story on normal.

How are so few of you understanding this?

This also goes for @BloodRaevn, @Roble_Viejo, @us5353, @GangrenousGremlin, @Pixydis and the rest.

[DE]Momaw has stated that it has to be done again because it wasn't checked off properly in the first place on the backend. This entire part of the system has been separated from the star chart in a different manner than others before it, so it's taken some tweaking to get it right. Better it's iterated on than ignored.

tl;dr: you need to complete one normal circuit and one normal lone story again for it to be unlocked, due to how the system records the completions.

@iPathos It's not an understanding issue. It's a not being ok with being jerked around issue. I'm not sure how that's so hard to understand.

• Like 2

On 2023-07-09 at 6:49 PM, RogeMage said:

It's already bad enough the host migration issue still exists (just happened to me again 2 nights ago in circuit, host left us at wave 5 and we all got stuck, could not proceed to wave 6 and lost ALL progress and rewards). I hope you all are going to be really taking a look at the code and fixing this, or at the very least, offer some sort of compensation to use who have to now waste 4 hours AGAIN to do lone story. 

DE, PLEASE do better!

On 2023-07-10 at 12:44 PM, Solostaran said:

Crap like this is exactly why people are leaving this game by the thousands. It’s funny when people come in just to say, “Oh all you have to do is waste an extra 30 minutes to an hour of your meaningless time so that you can finally get back into your normal hamster wheel, do your daily grind (chores), and continue jumping through the rest of DE’s meaningless, arbitrary hoops like the good little hamster that DE wants you to be.”

DE clearly doesn’t respect anyone’s time or support for their game, and they think it’s cool and acceptable to invent more hoops for us to jump through just because DE logic, or because they already have us jumping through all of their other hoops every day, so what’s a few more meaningless hoops? They need to finally figure out that there’s infinitely more and better games that we can spend our time on, and other dev teams that respect and reward our time and support so much better than this team does. Until DE comes in, acknowledges that they screwed up (as they usually do), and rewards the entire player base with a free incarnon adapter as an apology for THEIR screw up in locking us out of the week’s incarnon rewards for no reason other than incompetence, I think it’s time to spend my valuable time in something that’s actually fun, worth it, and rewarding (hint: not Warframe).

• Like 7

The ui sometimes flickers in this update, which may be triggering for some people.

So far it has happened on the login reward screen and either the mod screen or arsenal screen.
Unfortunately I don't have more info to give at this time, but if/when I do I will add it.

On 2023-07-11 at 7:21 PM, BloodRaevn said:

@iPathos It's not an understanding issue. It's a not being ok with being jerked around issue. I'm not sure how that's so hard to understand.

Understanding is clearly relevant as people are still asking the question of "why can't I access this" - despite multiple attempts for DE to be clear about it.

Regardless of this, the issue people are taking with all of this is being blown hugely out of proportion. It's a 15-30minute run on Lone Story and 5-10minutes in circuit, after which the area is considered complete.

You aren't being jerked around on purpose, if at all. The entire implementation of Duviri is different to how other locations etc have been added to standard progression, so of course it's going to take some adjustments.

If people followed the given instructions first time around, then they would not have encountered the issue in the first place. It's only become an issue because there were clearly a considerable number of players who had not done the missions in the intended order. 

As I said before, they likely could have sorted a script for this as an alternative approach but it's clearly obvious that isn't going to be the method chosen here.

On 2023-07-12 at 6:27 AM, GhostFeng said:

Crap like this is exactly why people are leaving this game by the thousands. It’s funny when people come in just to say, “Oh all you have to do is waste an extra 30 minutes to an hour of your meaningless time so that you can finally get back into your normal hamster wheel, do your daily grind (chores), and continue jumping through the rest of DE’s meaningless, arbitrary hoops like the good little hamster that DE wants you to be.”

DE clearly doesn’t respect anyone’s time or support for their game, and they think it’s cool and acceptable to invent more hoops for us to jump through just because DE logic, or because they already have us jumping through all of their other hoops every day, so what’s a few more meaningless hoops? They need to finally figure out that there’s infinitely more and better games that we can spend our time on, and other dev teams that respect and reward our time and support so much better than this team does. Until DE comes in, acknowledges that they screwed up (as they usually do), and rewards the entire player base with a free incarnon adapter as an apology for THEIR screw up in locking us out of the week’s incarnon rewards for no reason other than incompetence, I think it’s time to spend my valuable time in something that’s actually fun, worth it, and rewarding (hint: not Warframe).

Please provide sources for such a grandiose claim. (Accessible charts reflect the opposite of this claim.)

Warframe is grindy to begin with, so it strikes me as disingenuous when people get stuck on such a minor bump in the road.

I'll quite happily continue searching out and reporting bugs for them to fix because I know that they are there, but without reliable information they cannot be as easily reproduced and then fixed. I recognise that there are issues in the game and with the game, so I do what I can to address those.

As said above, you and others are overexaggerating the pertinent issue.

• Like 1

What's the point of making us do normal mode before letting us do steel path?

Will we have to do this every reset?

You may have just killed my absolute favorite aspect of Warframe.

On 2023-07-14 at 10:26 PM, iPathos said:

Understanding is clearly relevant as people are still asking the question of "why can't I access this" - despite multiple attempts for DE to be clear about it.

Regardless of this, the issue people are taking with all of this is being blown hugely out of proportion. It's a 15-30minute run on Lone Story and 5-10minutes in circuit, after which the area is considered complete.

You aren't being jerked around on purpose, if at all. The entire implementation of Duviri is different to how other locations etc have been added to standard progression, so of course it's going to take some adjustments.

If people followed the given instructions first time around, then they would not have encountered the issue in the first place. It's only become an issue because there were clearly a considerable number of players who had not done the missions in the intended order. 

As I said before, they likely could have sorted a script for this as an alternative approach but it's clearly obvious that isn't going to be the method chosen here.

Please provide sources for such a grandiose claim. (Accessible charts reflect the opposite of this claim.)

Warframe is grindy to begin with, so it strikes me as disingenuous when people get stuck on such a minor bump in the road.

I'll quite happily continue searching out and reporting bugs for them to fix because I know that they are there, but without reliable information they cannot be as easily reproduced and then fixed. I recognise that there are issues in the game and with the game, so I do what I can to address those.

What do you believe making us do normal mode first actually adds to the game?

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Yousho said:

What do you believe making us do normal mode first actually adds to the game?

When did I say anything inferring that? The point is that star chart progression follows a path and the entire path must be completed for access to higher tiers of challenge (Steel Path or Arbies). 

Those needing to complete the nodes "again" clearly never completed the progression the correct way in the first place. As I said in the same post that you quoted, there was a subset of players who did not need to re-complete the nodes as they had done so correctly to begin with.

I also said that as much as it would be nice if it could have been resolved with a script or the like, we were given instructions on what to do to correct the issue and many failed to read those in full.

• Like 1

On 2023-07-14 at 5:26 PM, iPathos said:

Spoken like a very good little hamster. And as expected for good little hamsters, you are completely missing the point. We don’t care that DE has notated their incompetence with instructions on how to complete the extra requirements that they’ve added on everyone at the worst possible time, and without warning. We are glad that you enjoy completing every new obstacle, hurdle, hoop, roadblock, and waste of time that DE chooses to force on you. You’re a good little hamster. The rest of us however do not enjoy such meaningless, annoying, irritating, and bothersome wastes of our time and have MANY better things to do with our time than jump through whatever frivolous hoops DE whims to impose on it’s players, while being expected to jump at the very second that DE says to jump. Hence why the population in this game has crashed harder than your hamster wheel’s resale value.
BTW, I happened upon a diary that had “iPathos’s Good Little Hamster Diary” written on the cover and I found your daily schedule written inside. I’m sorry but I felt that it should be shared with everyone here:

Every Good Little Hamster’s Daily Checklist

• Wake up to bowl of fresh hamster flakes
  • Grease hamster wheel bearings
  • Login to Warframe 1 hour early to complete any unexpected extra chores added by DE
  • Continue to complete normal daily chores once extra requirements to unlock are finished
  • Take a break from WF chores, sip some hamster juice while reading forum complaints
  • Finish daily WF chores
  • Clean hamster wheel
  • Defend DE’s incompetence on furums (for hamsters) against people complaining
  • Pet myself, I’m a good little hamster
  • Find any money I have left and throw it at DE so they can do more incompetent things, force more wastes of time down my throat, and give me more reasons that I need to defend them
  • Check for any WF updates so I might have the chance to do more chores for DE before bed
  • Dream of another great day of being a good little hamster for DE
  • Like 3