Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A skin request (Relax DE you wont have to create it because is already in the game)

Drophys

Is really simple, make skin of the Dax soldiers that can be used by all frames

Female frames use the Dax Arcus model
duviri-dax-female-03-bento-ribeiro.jpg?resize=990%2C557&ssl=1

And male frame use the Dax Gladius
Dax Duviri

I dont know how difficult a conversion of the model to skin could be but im sure is easier and less time consuming than make a new skin for a single frame from the ground up

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

I like that idea, never noticed how thicc the mommy Arcus model is

Water Day GIF by ZinZen

looking a bit thirsty there chief, here.

I imagine if DE wanted a Dax Frame, the Art team would still insist on it being an original design, not just copy/pasting one already in game. they could certainly take inspiration from existing Dax and put a new twist on it, but I don't think they'd directly copy an enemy skin.

also, Dax are mainly all about fighting using martial arts over guns, but all our warframes are already masters of every martial art and several of them, mainly Excalibur and Ash, are themed around them as well. we're stronger than the Dax, so I don't see why we'd mimic them. 

We sort of have the void-skeleton look in terms of Kullvero and possibly Xaku. I could definitely imagine an armour set in that style, though, and a syandana with that Orvius/hexagon pattern. But we've never had a full model reskin that reused enemy models, and likely never will.

On 2023-07-10 at 12:43 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

we're stronger than the Dax, so I don't see why we'd mimic them. 

Solely for the drip

On 2023-07-10 at 1:03 AM, Pakaku said:

We sort of have the void-skeleton look in terms of Kullvero and possibly Xaku. I could definitely imagine an armour set in that style, though, and a syandana with that Orvius/hexagon pattern. But we've never had a full model reskin that reused enemy models, and likely never will.

No reason to not do it, if done properly

16 hours ago, Pakaku said:

If it ever happened, it would be a deluxe skin based on the theme, but it would never be a rip of an enemy model

I wouldnt mind if is a rip of the model, i just want the skin

Personally, I feel like encounters in Warframe are already hard enough to parse with layers of visual effects that all drown each other out and player-controlled enemies (specters, shadows, etc) that are frequently indistinguishable from enemy enemies.  I wouldn't want things to get even worse by allowing players to use enemy skins.

That said, there are currently no universal skins for Warframes, and I'd be very surprised if this was the way DE decided to change that.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Personally, I feel like encounters in Warframe are already hard enough to parse with layers of visual effects that all drown each other out and player-controlled enemies (specters, shadows, etc) that are frequently indistinguishable from enemy enemies.  I wouldn't want things to get even worse by allowing players to use enemy skins.

That said, there are currently no universal skins for Warframes, and I'd be very surprised if this was the way DE decided to change that.

The fashion frame wont let you mistake a frame from a enemy, the nekros's specters are a issue tbh

honestly if we're talking taking duviri things that exist in one way and giving them to the player, the thigs i wanna see most are that lil bunny hopping around my ship, and a combined version of the kaithe mood coronet ephemera thing that changes to the different versions depending on the current mood cycle ingame... like when its the anger cycle it would appear as the fire one, the sorrow cycle would turn it into the icy one, etc.

4 hours ago, Alexis_Walker said:

honestly if we're talking taking duviri things that exist in one way and giving them to the player, the thigs i wanna see most are that lil bunny hopping around my ship, and a combined version of the kaithe mood coronet ephemera thing that changes to the different versions depending on the current mood cycle ingame... like when its the anger cycle it would appear as the fire one, the sorrow cycle would turn it into the icy one, etc.

I dont see a reason that force the devs to only chose one aspect of what you want and what i want, they can make like a huge cosmetic bundle with the skins and everyone's happy

Archived