Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There have never been Warframe Skins exclusive to Supporter Packs sold for IRL Currency, the Heirloom Skins shouldn't be the start of it, specially since we are celebrating 10 years of Warframe

Roble_Viejo

4 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

I checked and according to Steam Ive spent $880 👀

I thought I was a F2P Player but it seems it piled up over the years

I've only ever purchased the Targis prime armor, and the Repala syandana. So like 35$ ish. If I actually had money I would have happily been buying up platinum every single time I got a 75% off coupon, and probably a 15 regal aya pack for a bunch of prime cosmetics. The overall entertainment the game's provided me I think had well earned a couple hundred bucks from me if I had the money to give.

Or that's what I would have said, Before they did this. Now they don't deserve another penny from me, unless they fix this.

• Like 3

Came to the forums to make my feelings known. Welcome to the official beginning of the end folks. Exclusive cosmetic content locked behind time limited IRL only transactions isn't new. But skins? DE just shot a nuke into my biggest point of respect for them. Congrats though, it was a gradual slow burn with the transition but we aren't dumb. If your share holders are under the impression that we are stupid and don't know what's going on, it's frankly insulting.

At a minimum the skins should be available for plat. Hell, make it 2000 plat for both of them if you feel the need. I'd prefer that to this bull S#&$. At least it would be possible to attain, which is the business model your whole company has been built on for YEARS.

You built up trust with your community of gamers for being reasonable and sensible about cosmetic pricing. Don't #*!% it up now DE. Fix this before it's too late.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, TheBlackAce21 said:

Came to the forums to make my feelings known. Welcome to the official beginning of the end folks. Exclusive cosmetic content locked behind time limited IRL only transactions isn't new. But skins? DE just shot a nuke into my biggest point of respect for them. Congrats though, it was a gradual slow burn with the transition but we aren't dumb. If your share holders are under the impression that we are stupid and don't know what's going on, it's frankly insulting.

At a minimum the skins should be available for plat. Hell, make it 2000 plat for both of them if you feel the need. I'd prefer that to this bull S#&$. At least it would be possible to attain, which is the business model your whole company has been built on for YEARS.

You built up trust with your community of gamers for being reasonable and sensible about cosmetic pricing. Don't #*!% it up now DE. Fix this before it's too late.

Exclusive cosmetics have been behind Limited IRL only transactions for years, skins included.

Before prime resurgence, there were skins in Prime access packs, for your operator, archwing and nechramech etc. not to mention the Rubedo Rhino and Phased Vauban skin on Steam, and the Xbox, PS4 and Switch skins.

They just haven't been sold accross all platforms simultaniously with an undesired currency, which is Regal Aya. That is the issue. Regal Aya. The inflated cost is due simply due to the Regal Aya. If it weren't for that, I can garuntee there'd be far far less outrage. Still some, but far less.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

DELUXE Skins (the ones that change the Model) have never, ever, been Paywalled before

Interesting you should say that...

Liset Prime
Saita Prime Suit
Commodore Prime suit
Mesa Primes Montesa Helmet
Cicada prime Archwing Skin
Karnolyth Necramech Skin
Templar Prime Suit

All prime accessories that can be considered skins. All paywalled. While they are Prime skins, they can easily be akin to deluxe skins.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Exclusive cosmetics have been behind Limited IRL only transactions for years, skins included.

Before prime resurgence, there were skins in Prime access packs, for your operator, archwing and nechramech etc. not to mention the Rubedo Rhino and Phased Vauban skin on Steam, and the Xbox, PS4 and Switch skins.

They just haven't been sold accross all platforms simultaniously with an undesired currency, which is Regal Aya. That is the issue. Regal Aya. The inflated cost is due simply due to the Regal Aya. If it weren't for that, I can garuntee there'd be far far less outrage. Still some, but far less.

Sorry but the act of releasing primed cosmetics alongside a primed warframe is a little different and always has been. It's absurd to act like it's not. We get content in the form of a Primed warframe and the majority of the items with the sole exception of some cosmetics is available to grind. I've always felt the price for primed accessories was a bit absurd anyway but since they are small cosmetics that largely don't matter as much I've been fine ignoring them. I think most people have been. However, the scale, scope, and level of detail in these 2 particular skins combined with their IRL currency exclusive gate is the bigger problem. Combined with the fact that a warframe skin can be called "a main cosmetic" because it is the primary character we play as. It's the meat and potatoes of all fashion and it makes it different.

This is all besides the fact that the examples you are bringing up are part of that "slow transition" I mentioned =\ it has been a slow transition but this is the first big skin release that's been gated. Lots of people I know hoped they wouldn't take it this far and they have. God knows where things are going to go now that the door is opened. Having seen the death of many games over the years over similar S#&$, I can't say I'm optimistic. The free to play model will probably keep it running but the player base is going to tank if they start making dumb decisions. This game, more than most, is built around it's players. The game lends itself to community in a lot of ways and without the players it won't be worth playing.

DE is walking a pretty dangerous slope and it bugs me.

• Like 7

I would've bought the frost skin and attachment for 20 to 25€ which was my plan when I first heard of the new packs. 

Was a kick to the face when I learned they're not sold separately and the price tag with stuff that just bloats the package to up to 90€.. 

Thanks for the great celebration I guess. 

• Like 1

On 2023-09-03 at 11:14 PM, Stormandreas said:

Yes.

Though, I shouldn't have to explain that to many, there is (or can be) a significant difference the Capstan Pistol Skin for Pistols and two skins for Warframes, skins that are (subjectively) quite remarkable, and great, and at least on par to many, as Deluxe Warframe skins. Like we agree on that yes?

Both could be limited time exclusive cosmetics, but the potential reaction from people being much larger and outspoken than the other? How would we know? Well for one, the actual reaction and expressions from people being much more noticeable and louder. Yes, some of those people may not have realised that there have been past timed exclusive skins, but I sincerely don't think informing them of Rubedo Rhino or a PSN skin that has a bit of blue trim in on Excalibur, is going to make them suddenly fine about Heirlooms and change their negative feelings. Right? Then there are people who are aware of those other examples, but still critical anyway. Some may even have been critical in the past, but maybe not, maybe it depends on the context. 

• Like 2

On 2023-09-05 at 2:42 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Though, I shouldn't have to explain that to many, there is (or can be) a significant difference the Capstan Pistol Skin for Pistols and two skins for Warframes, skins that are (subjectively) quite remarkable, and great, and at least on par to many, as Deluxe Warframe skins. Like we agree on that yes?

I was pretty pissed about that weapon cosmetic set too tho. All 3 of those skins. The pistol skin is a pretty poor example tho cus we have piles of pistol skins at this point, but not many whip or shotgun skins. It's especially annoying those were limited time with how few and far between universal skins for guns are (I will never not be salty that the Unreal Tournament skins are locked to specific weapons)

But, in agreement with your point. Weapon skins are much less impactful than warframe skins for a multitude of reasons. Weapons are a lot more interchangeable. Due to power creep you're almost always switching out your preferred weapons for newer ones. Even just changing them up for the sake of gameplay diversity fairly often. And it happens that DE's gotten a lot better over the years making consistently incredible looking weapons that it's almost a shame to cover up with skins. Even with the handful of weapon skins I genuinely love the look of, I struggle to find weapons I use that I don't like the default appearance of more.

Warframes are different. Each one is unique, has pros and cons over the others, and largely maintain their effectiveness over time, or get buffs/tweaks/reworks to bring them up to snuff. People will largely not diverge from their favorite frames very much over the course of their time playing the game for various reasons. Not wanting to learn the mechanics of a new frame, not wanting to invest in another frame that has really similar use cases, and/or just personally really liking an identifying with a particular frame to name a few. So the older, less refined warframe models are still very much in use, unlike a large amount of older weapons. And the devs are... less adept at making consistently good looking warframes than they are weapons. As the player character, It's the thing taking up the main focus of the screen 90% of the time, and customizing them is a lot more personal to the player than the barely noticeable tool in their hands amidst a sea of particle effects. Warframe skins overall just have a much bigger impact on the experience of the game

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 3

Of course its a no-brainer that everything in the game should be purchasable for platinum so people can choose to pay or grind, no idea why its such a big problem to do that. And yes, doing this on the 10th anniversary is ridiculously funny. A great troll move towards the community. Bad decision by the devs but at least it makes me laugh.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

I was pretty pissed about that weapon cosmetic set too tho. All 3 of those skins. The pistol skin is actually a pretty poor example cus we have piles of pistol skins at this point, but not many whip or shotgun skins. It's especially annoying those were limited time with how few and far between universal skins for guns are (I will never not be salty that the Unreal Tournament skins are locked to specific weapons)

But, in agreement with your point. Weapon skins are much less impactful than warframe skins for a multitude of reasons. Weapons are a lot more interchangeable. Due to power creep you're almost always switching out your preferred weapons for newer ones. Even just changing them up for the sake of gameplay diversity fairly often. And it happens that DE's gotten a lot better over the years making consistently incredible looking weapons that it's almost a shame to cover up with skins. Even with the handful of weapon skins I genuinely love the look of, I struggle to find weapons I use that I don't like the default appearance of more.

Warframes are different. Each one is unique, has pros and cons over the others, and largely maintain their effectiveness over time, or get buffs/tweaks/reworks to bring them up to snuff. People will largely not diverge from their favorite frames very much over the course of their time playing the game for various reasons. Not wanting to learn the mechanics of a new frame, not wanting to invest in another frame that has really similar use cases, and/or just personally really liking an identifying with a particular frame to name a few. So the older, less refined warframe models are still very much in use, unlike a large amount of older weapons. And the devs are... less adept at making consistently good looking warframes than they are weapons. As the player character, It's the thing taking up the main focus of the screen 90% of the time, and customizing them is a lot more personal to the player than the barely noticeable tool in their hands amidst a sea of particle effects. Warframe skins overall just have a much bigger impact on the experience of the game

I am too, about the weapon skins. I'm generally just anti-fomo in general. I dislike the notion of timed exclusivity, especially with digital goods and items. For a game like Warframe that is so community driven, encourages us to embrace fashion, we all lift together, really don't like anything that doesn't have the opportunity to come back around in some way or form. Before I brought my first Prime Access I wanted to make sure that these "Prime Warframes" specifically weren't time exclusive, and that they did return via Vaulting and all that. 

I actually do own the Capstan Pistol Skin and Zobov Shotgun skin, to my regret, I didn't actually know they were timed exclusives. At the time of purchase I incorrectly assumed that eventually they would return, rather than permanently retire. I should have done more research back then. I think the Zobov has one of the coolest designs for a weapon, and should be an actual weapon accessible to all, its really dope. Ultimately though, I can understand why the greater community doesn't have more negativity and ire towards them (past Supporter packs). There are a few of us, but not as many as say... those that care about skins like these for Warframes. Unique and for some better than Deluxe. Like I imagine a lot of people would also be more annoyed if included a timed exclusive weapon that granted XP. Or imagine if it was... like 6 skins, and included a Wukong, Wisp, Mesa, Excalibur, Volt, Saryn Heirloom, 6 really popular Warframes, but they were all bundled in one, for like... $600 dollars lol. More people potentially pissed because they actually play the Warframe in question but don't care for the rest. There are things they could have done to make it worse, but things they could have done to quelled much of the anger and criticism too. 

Then we have examples like Rubedo Rhino, which still eh, but I personally don't care as much, from what I have read, can't use Prime Details, and the you can't customise it much. Its more of a meh novelty. If I were in charge of DE I wouldn't do stuff like that, but if like half the playerbase suddenly did make it an issue, I also wouldn't try to pacify them, just because I don't care about the skin personally. 

Main thing ultimately, is there is like a convergence of different issues. If there wasn't a Mag or Frost skin or the Accolade and the implication it carries about who has supported the game for 10 years, probably wouldn't have causes as much criticism/negativity. Mind you, the price would probably have been much lower as well, and probably for a year like prior Supporter bundles. 

Anyway, good comment, I agree with it all. 

• Like 1

hace 6 horas, (PSN)slightconfuzzled dijo:

there is (or can be) a significant difference the Capstan Pistol Skin for Pistols and two skins for Warframes, skins that are (subjectively) quite remarkable, and great, and at least on par to many, as Deluxe Warframe skins. Like we agree on that yes?

This is exactly why I was ok with with WEAPON Skins being Paywalled

Paywalling Deluxe Skins will NEVER be ok in my book

We gotta draw a line, because otherwise this will get worse and worse

• Like 3

10 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Then we have examples like Rubedo Rhino, which still eh, but I personally don't care as much, from what I have read, can't use Prime Details, and the you can't customise it much. Its more of a meh novelty. If I were in charge of DE I wouldn't do stuff like that, but if like half the playerbase suddenly did make it an issue, I also wouldn't try to pacify them, just because I don't care about the skin personally.

The funny thing about Rubedo Rhino is that it's tradable... on steam. If you go into community market and look it up it's 40 cents rn. So it's not even that bad. It's a pc exclusive but I think it always was... not a fan of platform exclusivity ether tbh but they've all been just texture swaps as far as I'm aware and... if it's just a retexture, it doesn't really matter much imo. Cus we got tennogen for that and boy are those artists good at retextures. But if it's a model change then it's a problem.

The other Rubedo skins are also like this but the price varies and viper's at 120$ rn... But who tf wants a viper reskin. And there are loads of reasons to not care about the other ones too. Pretty much the only reason to have any of them but the rhino one is to flex. But the only one of them that's much of a flex at all is the Viper skin.... and at that point you're torturing yourself by using viper so the only real winner there is the person you bought it from.

I was pretty disappointed with Rubedo Rhino tho (I bought it with some leftover change in my steam wallet at some point). The red coloration is unchangeable. And Iron-skin on Rhino prime completely blocks out the texture so you rarely see it in gameplay anyways. It has prime details, but not the toggle. So weirdly unlike other skins that don't have the prime detail toggle, you actually have the prime details but can't turn them off. I'm fairly certain something about this is unintended but unless every single rhino rubedo owner speaks up about it I don't see DE doing anything about it. And I personally don't care cus I like having them on anyways.

But we have a dex skin for rhino now which... well It's a dex skin. And two different deluxe skins for him. He's not exactly hurting for customization.

20 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

The funny thing about Rubedo Rhino is that it's tradable... on steam. If you go into community market and look it up it's 40 cents rn. So it's not even that bad. It's a pc exclusive but I think it always was... not a fan of platform exclusivity ether tbh but they've all been just texture swaps as far as I'm aware and... if it's just a retexture, it doesn't really matter much imo. Cus we got tennogen for that and boy are those artists good at retextures. But if it's a model change then it's a problem.

The other Rubedo skins are also like this but the price varies and viper's at 120$ rn... But who tf wants a viper reskin. And there are loads of reasons to not care about the other ones too. Pretty much the only reason to have any of them but the rhino one is to flex. But the only one of them that's much of a flex at all is the Viper skin.... and at that point you're torturing yourself by using viper so the only real winner there is the person you bought it from.

I was pretty disappointed with Rubedo Rhino tho (I bought it with some leftover change in my steam wallet at some point). The red coloration is unchangeable. And Iron-skin on Rhino prime completely blocks out the texture so you rarely see it in gameplay anyways. It has prime details, but not the toggle. So weirdly unlike other skins that don't have the prime detail toggle, you actually have the prime details but can't turn them off. I'm fairly certain something about this is unintended but unless every single rhino rubedo owner speaks up about it I don't see DE doing anything about it. And I personally don't care cus I like having them on anyways.

But we have a dex skin for rhino now which... well It's a dex skin. And two different deluxe skins for him. He's not exactly hurting for customization.

You could also probably get a pretty good shiny red Rhino with his Voidshell skin too, if someone really wanted a sparkly Red "Rubedo" Rhino. Now we just need a Vauban Voidshell. 

Oh and funny side note, regarding the Prime details and toggle (thanks for clarifying and the insight), but Rebecca actually left a post on Reddit a few months ago, addressing someone who asked. She said she would look into it. So its not impossible, but yeah, thats not the same as ensuring will happen. I imagine its a small minority of a small minority.

On 2023-08-28 at 3:10 AM, xMarvin732 said:

Will wait for Heirloom Collection Resurgence, you know, like Prime Access has Prime Resurgence?

I don't think the Heirloom Collection has this...

Also read this

"Q: Will these Heirloom Collections return after 2023?

A: The Mag and Frost Heirloom Collections are only available now until December 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m ET. This is your only chance to get these exclusive new Customizations!"

Sooo basically a little bit of a Founders 2.0 situation.

ONLY Chance to get these *exclusive* new Customizations!

bro, you said it yourself, its a founders pack 2.0