Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There have never been Warframe Skins exclusive to Supporter Packs sold for IRL Currency, the Heirloom Skins shouldn't be the start of it, specially since we are celebrating 10 years of Warframe

Roble_Viejo

What are the Heirloom Skins?
These are Deluxe Skins for Frost and Mag that have been leaked in the PlayStation Store:
https://store.playstation.com/en-au/product/EP2097-CUSA00106_00-0076885755076815
and will (probably) become available tomorrow during or after Tennocon

2aDXoWv.jpg

What does this Pack include?
- Ten Year Accolade
- Frost Heirloom Skin
- Frost Heirloom Signa
- Mag Heirloom Skin
- Mag Heirloom Signa
- Regal Aya x 6
- Deca Heirloom Sigil
- Deca Heirloom Glyph
- Deca Heirloom Emote
- Deca Heirloom Color Palette
- 600 Platinum

What exactly are these Cosmetics?
These are Deluxe Skins for Frost and for Mag called "Heirloom" and include Auxiliary Cosmetics called "Signa"
which are Halos that can be equipped on ANY Warframe :
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1613nnu/the_leaked_skins_are_now_chat_linkable/

How much is this Bundle sold for?
This Bundle is Priced at a whopping $135.95 USD

Now I wanna clarify that I 100% agree with Supporter Packs
I think it is perfectly ok for this Bundle to exist, however I dont agree with these Skins being Exclusive to a Pack
that is only Available for IRL Currency, specially given the extremely high price and the FOMO of the 10 Year Anniversary of Warframe

Why is the Pricing such an Issue?
$135.95 USD is a LOT of Money for anyone, but for people from Countries with a bad exchange rate between USD and
the Local Currency this Pack is outright unaffordable, specially since Supporter Packs dont have Localized Pricing

How to make these Skins Available to EVERYBODY?
Simply add a Deluxe Bundle that Includes both Skins and the Halos, similar to the Sentient Visions Deluxe Bundle for Mesa and Volt https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sentient_Visions_Deluxe_Skin_Collection priced at around 550 Platinum,
so everybody can access these Skins while keeping the Accolade, the Regal Aya, the Platinum, the Sigil, Glyph, Emote and
Color Palette EXCLUSIVE to the Supporter Pack being sold for IRL Currency

Thank you DE for making the best Free To Play Videogame ever made
I will always be glad to Support this Game, as long as I can afford it
  • Like 58

The price may change since it was "leaked" per-say but to be real with you Roble_Viejo, how are you surprised by this?

It's another cash grab, plain and simple, I won't be surprised if this becomes the norm given who owns them now and there will be "those" who will praise and buy it no matter what.

Get used to it folks, this is going get worse before it gets better, hope you enjoy the new future for Warframe, cuz this is what it is, all smiles and exciting content behind teasers and trailers, hype and fake faces, only to put their hand behind your back and touch your wallet. 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 16

Don't forget that this is yet another line of "skins" which is more expensive than the last line. Heirloom is the listed title for both skins so that leaves it in the bank that this is the start of yet a new Heirloom line whatever that is supposed to be which I assume we will find out during Tennocon along with other information about what is being done here.

It seems only recent that we got voidshell skins. In addition to the deluxe skin that gets released for a frame around it prime timing along with other skins that have been released over the years. And don't forget about the dozen of other skin lines that have been phased out such as the prisma and Rubedo lines, which I hoped would make a comeback. I'm fine if this is meant as another cadence release and assuming we are still getting the same skins as before in the past. But seeing the fate of various skinlines fallen to the wayside means that I am guessing this is more of a gradual price bump being done.

I personally think there is one redeeming factor and that is the skins add the appropriate amount of complexity added to the frame rather than just assuming this is just too similar to a 'lyst skin or Voidshell skin that warrants justifying a price bump from that point of view. And I think the cosmetics is probably going to become available for plat eventually with an IRL currency exclusive time period.

• Like 3

Putting aside certain issues I may potentially agree with you over... Isn't that the Australian currency?

Also if it is the Australian currency, which I am led to believe it is, given the link you provided and checking around, it means you may have been operating off inaccurate or incorrect info right? Couldn't that also mean, that you might be inaccurate about some of the other info as well? 

To put this another way, this info was unintentionally leaked/spoilt early. Some people were even speculating these skins to be "PSN" exclusive. Maybe we could like, I don't know, actually wait for them to be officially released with more info and such and then draw conclusions and judgement. Maybe there will be ways to purchase just the skins for Platinum or via other means as well. Unless you have secret info some of us don't have, maybe its better to wait? To be clear, not to say you shouldn't be critical of say... if these skins are exclusive to real life currencies only, but there is just not a lot of actual info we do know or to go off.

Can be tiring discourse to be involved in, even when we do have actual knowledge and info without players early speculation and guesses. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Its nothing new we have had Prime access accessories for years, Supporter packs are just a variant/alias of those.

Prime accessories become available again eventually. Supporter packs don't. and prime accessories have never included a warframe skin.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 8

They finally make a skin for mag that's not fugly, and the first time we've ever seen a non terrible seasonal auxiliary not limited to a single frame, and it's a limited time cash only purchase? Yeah that's completely unacceptable.

Personally I hate the supporter packs too. Only in their time limited nature. Nothing in a game should ever only be available once for a limited time and never again. If that stuff's taking up space on my hard drive I better be allowed to get it if and when I want to. Sell cosmetics for cash all you want as long as you don't make it FOMO garbage. Not that I particularly agree with warframe skins being cash-only because if they start going that rout for skins like this that sets a really dangerous precedent for them to start pushing into much more predatory micro transaction practices.

I hope this isn't really a limited time thing and the skins and auxiliary will be available for platinum.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 24

It's $135 AUD, so it's probably gonna be closer to $80-90 USD. That's also the highest tier bundled pack; there's also a lower one for $105 AUD and $45 AUD.

... but even then that's real expensive for two skins. They don't even seem to come with the frames! They're really cool skins but what a terrible value.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Its nothing new we have had Prime access accessories for years, Supporter packs are just a variant/alias of those.

Prime access had waaayyyy more value primarily from the included plat though. I know that wasn't your point, just needed to point this out. These heirloom pack prices are absolutely atrocious. I hope more people get upset about this.

51 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Putting aside certain issues I may potentially agree with you over... Isn't that the Australian currency?

Also if it is the Australian currency, which I am led to believe it is, given the link you provided and checking around, it means you may have been operating off inaccurate or incorrect info right? Couldn't that also mean, that you might be inaccurate about some of the other info as well? 

To put this another way, this info was unintentionally leaked/spoilt early. Some people were even speculating these skins to be "PSN" exclusive. Maybe we could like, I don't know, actually wait for them to be officially released with more info and such and then draw conclusions and judgement. Maybe there will be ways to purchase just the skins for Platinum or via other means as well. Unless you have secret info some of us don't have, maybe its better to wait? To be clear, not to say you shouldn't be critical of say... if these skins are exclusive to real life currencies only, but there is just not a lot of actual info we do know or to go off.

Can be tiring discourse to be involved in, even when we do have actual knowledge and info without players early speculation and guesses. 

The packs are already out.

Edit. At least they were 2 hours ago. Alliance members were able to buy them and they were in the Canadian psn store.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

The packs are already out.

In what context? As in linkable in chat or previewed in PSN? Or people have purchased them? Did they clarify the pricing? Is it $135.95 USD? 

As far as I know, Rebecca on Reddit said these weren't meant to go live yet, with the "proper info / website etc." hence, there is a difference to me, between someone claiming the packs are $135.95 USD and the skins are exclusive to this one pack only. 

Since then, have also seen some speculation there are cheaper packs, more confirmation the price was Australian. Could be, like past Supporter packs there are tiers, and you could get the skins for much cheaper but without the Plat or Regal Aya or other extras, or it could be like the Grendel skin that was a part of a paid bundle but also available through regular Platinum means. 

I personally don't know, if someone does, I'd be happy to be informed. Ideally actually knowing though, and not just panicked guessing and speculation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

In what context? As in linkable in chat or previewed in PSN? Or people have purchased them? Did they clarify the pricing? Is it $135.95 USD? 

As far as I know, Rebecca on Reddit said these weren't meant to go live yet, with the "proper info / website etc." hence, there is a difference to me, between someone claiming the packs are $135.95 USD and the skins are exclusive to this one pack only. 

Since then, have also seen some speculation there are cheaper packs, more confirmation the price was Australian. Could be, like past Supporter packs there are tiers, and you could get the skins for much cheaper but without the Plat or Regal Aya or other extras, or it could be like the Grendel skin that was a part of a paid bundle but also available through regular Platinum means. 

I personally don't know, if someone does, I'd be happy to be informed. Ideally actually knowing though, and not just panicked guessing and speculation. 

They out in the psn store right now in Canada. They are three packs. $40 (no skins), $93.50, and $120. Alliance members have purchased them.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

$30 for the risen heirloom (Deca stuff and the accolade. 400p with it)
$70 for the celestial heirloom (Both skins and their stuff. 6x regal aya.)
$90 for the whole shibang. (With both 6 aya and 600 plat)

All of this is in USD, as I am a US residence.

Edited by (PSN)EntityPendragon
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

They out in the psn store right now in Canada. They are three packs. $40 (no skins), $93.50, and $120. Alliance members have purchased them.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

$30 for the risen heirloom (Deca stuff and the accolade. 400p with it)
$70 for the celestial heirloom (Both skins and their stuff. 6x regal aya.)
$90 for the whole shibang. (With both 6 aya and 600 plat)

All of this is in USD, as I am a US residence.

Ah nice. Thank you both, for the info. Glad to see it wasn't $135.95 USD. 

Will be interesting to see if the skins will be made available through regular means though. I'd hope so. 

• Like 2

I'd honestly prefer if DE did more things like this and focussed more on making money via cosmetic sales, as it seems selling power is interfering with game design a little too much.

Even though the skins look great, price is a little steep, but value is subjective.

I agree with above about the bad precedent of FOMO skins that are money only.

I'd add that there was a palette in a supporter pack (Deimos?) that was limited time only but it was very badly explained on the pack and there was no date mentioned. I nearly paid for the pack for the palette that wasn't in it anymore.

I was lucky I went to check the old forum annonce for it to see it was limited time then I had to ask the support... and escalate it a tier since T1 didn't knew anything about it.

• Like 6

They don't look any better or worse than other deluxe skins in the game, so if anything, that's what I don't like about how it's priced. But I don't think I care that these particular skins are priced unless this is going to be the norm from now on, and even then I haven't bought many deluxes to begin with. Almost none of the frames I actually play as have any deluxe skins I'd use, and these don't look like skins I'd use even if I played Frost or Mag at all. I think the worst part is the Mag skin looks too similar to Nova, and Frost looks like a Wukong knock-off.

Edited by Pakaku

4 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

Two exclusive skins for two of the most underused frames... At an outrageous price... Yeah call me crazy but i don't think that one is gonna sell well.

Oh, believe me, they will, do you know how many people will just buy it cuz "I <3 DE, nothing is wrong with them!!!111" I won't be surprised if this was done just because of that.

But who knows maybe it won't sell 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Even though the skins look great, price is a little steep, but value is subjective.

Are you saying you agree with this and praise them for anything they do?

Cuz it sounds like you are, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Are you saying you agree with this and prise them for anything they do?

Cuz it sounds like you are

The price is a little steep imo (same for Prime Access), but I'd love to see more skins be made available and for DE to pivot their revenue strategy to rely a little more on cosmetic sales.