Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

10 minutes ago, distal.op said:

I did watch that and all I remember is "Well that was a bad idea in retrospect", which is something I could have told them a priori for free, "and we'll never do it again", which is not really fixing the current problem.

Okay, well they did mention it and said that if they do heirlooms next year they'll structure it differently. 

• Like 1

They would be screwing over the people who've already bought it in the current structure.

Now, if they want to make it right, they can do a refund program through literally blasting them in the face with a dedicated refund program information modal popup, with timer,  on login, this is an available option.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DemetriusJr said:

He spent $70 and got a whole friggin' GAME he can download and play anytime he wants. You're seriously arguing a couple of skins (for even more money) are better value than that?

No wonder the games industry gets away with so much bullS#&$ these days.

Just ignore the dude

My list keeps on getting bigger each time I revisit this topic.

On 2023-10-02 at 9:04 PM, (PSN)Humblemud said:

My Brother is the type of person that buys Baldurs Gate 3 just to support the devs, even tho he will never play it, because he's absolutely not interested in the game. It's just not his cup of tea. 

I -really- hope for his sake that he is seeking some kind of help for such, this isn't good for anyone if he just throws money at anything and doesn't even use the item (whether it be a game or not) just to "Support the Devs" or so then he needs help, stat.

I assume he doesn't do this all the time, or does this outside of games, right, sorry I know it's a bit off-topic, but I am kinda worried about your bro here,

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I assume he doesn't do this all the time, or does this outside of games, right, sorry I know it's a bit off-topic, but I am kinda worried about your bro here,

Don't be, with the context they provided it sounds more like spiteful spending. The brother either knows it's a rare thing to do or they have enough money to go off and do stuff like that.

4 hours ago, distal.op said:

They would be screwing over the people who've already bought it in the current structure.

No actually they wouldn’t be screwing them over.

Those people got exactly what they wanted and paid for…and then DE added extra plat to everyone else’s major disappointment.

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, distal.op said:

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

41 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Don't be, with the context they provided it sounds more like spiteful spending. The brother either knows it's a rare thing to do or they have enough money to go off and do stuff like that.

I guess?

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, distal.op a dit :

Now, if they want to make it right, they can do a refund program through literally blasting them in the face with a dedicated refund program information modal popup, with timer,  on login, this is an available option.

What makes it "screwing over the people who've already bought it" ?

Because adding additional bundle with only the skins somehow makes the already existing bundle less valuable ? Then it means that the value of the bundle is bad.

People who bought these bundle knew fully well what they were buying they judged that the skin, accolade and premium currency were worth paying for not taking into account that some of these sales were made before the adjusted plat/regal changes, if the limited exclusivity is what makes the value of the bundle then you are admitting that there is a problem, that the initial bundle was not a good deal, the community as a whole should not pay for the mistakes of a few.

Beside if I'm not mistaken the promise of timed exclusivity applies to the bundle as a whole, nothing prevent DE from selling the skins later if they feels like it

• Like 11

The developers just posted about the game awards and how they were nominated for best game comunity and still playing. 

They don't deserve eather after showing they don't care for there comunitys  feedback or there comunity at all they only care for there wallets and how much they can get out of them 

If they don't want to listen to there comunity and only listen to there own wallets they don't deserve to win the best game comunity award and seeing as there driving people away with there decisions not to fix the packs they don't deserve the still playing 

I implore you to vote for someone else because de dos not deserve any awards at this point

Edited by (XBOX)toughdragon17
Typo
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

No actually they wouldn’t be screwing them over.

Those people got exactly what they wanted and paid for…and then DE added extra plat to everyone else’s major disappointment.

Yes, that's the point, it's a bad excuse for not doing the right thing.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Sadly there two awards they don't deserve to be nominated for the awards they do deserve is the award for betraying there loyal fans and the one for there famous line (well do it next time)

I don't feel betrayed. You be thinking of a different loyal fan.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

I implore you to vote for someone else because de dos not deserve any awards at this point

Most likely will do the same, but that depends on what other games are there too, since there are new games out there that might get picked regardless.

16 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

So what’s legitimately stopping them from structuring the collection differently right now instead of waiting until next year?

Nothing, the only thing stopping them is they dont want too. 

Their own updated EULA states they can change anything whenever they like. 

"Changes to Game Currency and Virtual Goods. Except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, we, in our sole discretion, may modify, substitute, replace, suspend, cancel, or eliminate any Game Currency or Virtual Goods, including your ability to access or use Game Currency or Virtual Goods, without notice or liability to you, such as if we need to temporarily suspend the Game to make updates, have an emergency that requires us to disable our Services, or if we need to ultimately shut a Game down for economic or other reasons due to a limited number of users continuing to make use of the online Service over time. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WON’T ASSERT OR BRING ANY CLAIM AGAINST US, OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS (THE “COMPANY PARTIES”) RELATING TO (A) A CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE A PROPRIETARY INTEREST IN ANY GAME CURRENCY OR VIRTUAL GOODS; OR (B) A CLAIM FOR AN ALLEGED MONETARY VALUE OF GAME CURRENCY OR VIRTUAL GOODS LOST UPON (I) DELETION OR SUSPENSION OF YOUR ACCOUNT, (II) ADJUSTMENTS TO THE GAME THAT RESULT IN THE VALUE OF VIRTUAL GOODS OR GAME CURRENCY CHANGING, OR (III) MODIFICATION, TERMINATION, OR EXPIRATION OF THIS EULA."

So its DE who just dont want too.... all anyone is asking for is a 4th pack with just the skins and signas, there is no reason why they cant do it, they just dont want too. 

• Like 15

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Alph4 Cent4uri said:

Nothing, the only thing stopping them is they dont want too. 

Their own updated EULA states they can change anything whenever they like. 

So its DE who just dont want too.... all anyone is asking for is a 4th pack with just the skins and signas, there is no reason why they cant do it, they just dont want too. 

They betrayed there fans for a few more dollars in there pockets and they want to continue to drain there loyal fans of money  that's why they don't want to change it 

So I say if they don't want to change and make a pack thats just the cosmetics and skins and is affordable for all then we should boycotte any platinum purchases and market transactions as well as vote for other game developers in the up coming gold joystick awards that actually deserve the awards seeing as they dont deserve best comunity or still playing do to them selling out there comunity for some extra money and pushing there comunity away 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

They betrayed there fans for a few more dollars in there pockets and they want to continue to drain there loyal fans of money  that's why they don't want to change it 

So I say if they don't want to change and make a pack thats just the cosmetics and skins and is affordable for all then we should boycotte any platinum purchases and market transactions as well as vote for other game developers in the up coming gold joystick awards that actually deserve the awards seeing as they dont deserve best comunity or still playing do to them selling out there comunity for some extra money and pushing there comunity away 

One pack does not a bad company make, you should see some of the other ones out there.

Also: 

*their 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

One pack does not a bad company make, you should see some of the other ones out there.

Also: 

*their 

One pack they've done this multiple times and there going to continue untill we stop them from doing so. 

So yes there turning into a bad company that seas there comunity only as money bags and not actual people

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Alph4 Cent4uri said:

AGREE THAT YOU WON’T ASSERT OR BRING ANY CLAIM AGAINST US, OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS (THE “COMPANY PARTIES”) 

(II) ADJUSTMENTS TO THE GAME THAT RESULT IN THE VALUE OF VIRTUAL GOODS OR GAME CURRENCY CHANGING

I just read this part so since the people who bought the herloom pack at 90 dollers signed the EULA they most likely wouldn't be able to sue the company for changing the pack and adding a 4th pack with only the cosmetics and skins without the filler for a more reasonable and affordable price

They could have fixed all of this and saved some of there reputation but instead they sold out there loyal fans and comunity for some extra money 

• Like 12

19 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Also: 

*their 

One pack, many dishonesties. If they lied about promises and lying despite their ToS (unless there's maybe some precedence of companies getting sued and losing for changing their deals), it's hard to trust them on their word and and trust is hard to earn and regain.

Also, the moment you start to tear down someone's argument using grammar despite them being coherent and understandable, makes you look disingenious. Take off that white knight armor.

Edited by Stafelund
  • Like 11

59 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Also, the moment you start to tear down someone's argument using grammar despite them being coherent and understandable, makes you look disingenious. Take off that white knight armor.

Or they do it to provoke a reaction, it's called Baiting. (Or gaslighting, depending on how you take it).

Report and move on Stafelund, you'll only hurt yourself by trying to fight such and it's pointless.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 6

On 2023-10-04 at 6:08 AM, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

I just read this part so since the people who bought the herloom pack at 90 dollers signed the EULA they most likely wouldn't be able to sue the company for changing the pack and adding a 4th pack with only the cosmetics and skins without the filler for a more reasonable and affordable price

They could have fixed all of this and saved some of there reputation but instead they sold out there loyal fans and comunity for some extra money 

Everyone here has agreed not to sue over changes to the game and that everything they purchase has no real value and can be changed at any time for any reason even without notice, and if anyone was actually so petty and litigious as to still try and take legal action over those filthy unworthy poors being able to acquire their exclusive skins (how dare they) then DE could just give a refund to the handful of narcissists who might hypothetically make such a big issue over it. All this "DE can't refund" and "but people might sue" is just baseless FUD.

• Like 13