Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

I will be buying the Heirloom collection, but ONLY to support the game i experienced. 

I don´t want to see this kind of thing pop up, neither go in a direction i don´t like. It´s okay to sell skins for real money, 
But this collection just, well it´s fomo bait. 

If you wan´t to encourage Aya sales and make direct money, release these Heirloom skins for 3 regal aya.

I love you guys, i love your game, and i loved the Tennocon with it´s future plans. 
i don´t know who exactly had this idea, but remember we aren´t angry at you at DE, (ignoring how many might articulate it) we are just upset at the action. 

Have a good week-end <3

• Like 3

I've seen a lot of comments from people who are here for less than a year, saying it's not a big deal.

For those I will say one thing: go back to your broken games and greedy studios. 

Although, I'm not from the start, I play Warframe for 5 years and I'm pretty sure I know more about it than you.

So, paradoxical the selling point of Warframe was exactly full F2P status. I've spent more money into this game strictly because no one forced me to do that. I'm a gamer from year 2000 and until 5 years ago I didn't know this game exist. If I could go back in time to start playing from the first second I would, but Eternalism doesn't exist in real life.

That's being said, with those practices and locking more and more things behind fat price tags, Digital Extreme will lose the trust and with trust also love, because you can't love someone you don't respect and respect come from trust and trust is earned, not by default.

Hope DE will come back to players, to listen to them, because players kept the light on, not some greedy Chinese company. 

• Like 17

DE,  if you're gonna start treating us like other game companies do, then I'm sorry but you gotta step up your game. You get away with a *lot* of questionable design decisions, and you do because you treat us well and have been ethical in your practices.

You start acting like everyone else, then I'm gonna start expecting you to do wild stuff like 'have an endgame' and 'balance your game.' 

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, BowserNC said:

From what I see all the posts are asking for the same thing and rarely you see anyone agreeing on something. Awesome... Hive mind? Maybe

the only hive mind is the group of people here that are brainwashed by other shady game's practices to scam people and normalize unrealistic amount of money for no real value.

do us all a favor keep those standards to the other games you came from and don't bring it here.

warframe was built on honesty and fairness between DE and the community thats the only reason the game survived until now in recent years they slowly started to get more fishy

but this is just overboard at this point. 

so before you start talking about worth and "hive mind" realize we are talking here about warframe not other games

• Like 8

I honestly was gonna buy it regardless I didn’t think it was such a big issue just don’t buy it but people can get petty for anything regardless, i won’t defend a company, but EITHER way this is a great change anyways glad to see this I’m hoping to see better changes regardless for future stuff  

Edited by Guitar_Dude09

6 minutes ago, DDiablO. said:

exactly it really feels like a stab in the back and the fact this pack contains accolade for money makes it even worse.

a player that played the game for maybe a year or two isnt a "10 years supporter"

The accolade is just plain TACKY!  So the rest of us who have spent $100's of dollars over the past 10 years are discarded like trash just because we are not "true supporters" because maybe we can't afford the $100 price tag right now to "support" DE!  It's not giving me good vibes about the future of the Warframe Money Machine and the Fomo Cosmetics!  I need to go wash my hands, I feel dirty after just saying FOMO!

• Like 8

a limited time bundle for real money. so basically this package screams 'overpriced. also ppl who give us money are more important than other players so to honor them we're keeping this exclusive.' lmao.. (more plat) as a solution. plat is practically useless these days.  

you know.. my mom's boyfriend has to get a new muffler for his car. does he have to buy a new car just to get a muffler? just a thought

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

DE,  if you're gonna start treating us like other game companies do, then I'm sorry but you gotta step up your game. You get away with a *lot* of questionable design decisions, and you do because you treat us well and have been ethical in your practices.

You start acting like everyone else, then I'm gonna start expecting you to do wild stuff like 'have an endgame' and 'balance your game.' 

also this. 

• Like 1

The worst part about all this is, I felt like being mainly a free player (I bought regal Aya once), I always felt like I've never gave DE enough of my income I could as they felt like they deserved it. This is too much, and when I finally hit MR 30, I even though about getting the mastery pin from their shop for it to support them some more since it's in a decent price range for me.

These are how things should feel, plus the many other things I've along with many other people have stated. After the way you handled this, I honestly don't believe you deserve a penny of my money currently. Especially when your game is still currently broken and riddled with bugs that are YEARS old. You'd think you'd get your ducks in a row before trying to charge as much as you currently are for just making frames look different.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Guitar_Dude09 said:

I honestly was gonna buy it regardless I didn’t think it was such a big issue just don’t buy it, EITHER way this is a great change anyways glad to see this I’m hoping to see better changes regardless for future stuff  

Easy for whales to say but that's the point here the price is way to high with no option to just get a lesser pack at a fair price with the items you like

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DDiablO. said:

the only hive mind is the group of people here that are brainwashed by other shady game's practices to scam people and normalize unrealistic amount of money for no real value.

do us all a favor keep those standards to the other games you came from and don't bring it here.

warframe was built on honesty and fairness between DE and the community thats the only reason the game survived until now in recent years they slowly started to get more fishy

but this is just overboard at this point. 

so before you start talking about worth and "hive mind" realize we are talking here about warframe not other games

Im not talking about other games buddy. I barely have time to play anything else. And yet i still call it "hive mind" whether you like it or not. I've been scrolling through these posts to see what people are saying and they're pretty much asking for the same thing. I dont want to insult anyone calling them part of a "hive mind", but thats how they are behaving and its funny to be honest. I've been playing this game for over 5 years and will continue to. But when i see people arguing with each other instead of doing something about it, it's just frustrating...  

• Like 1

So basically making separate packs for this one would be unfair for those who already bought it, so they are increasing the plat (it is actually cheaper to ge the full pack instead of buying 2100 plat from the store). Okay.

And I guess that for future heirloom packs you will be able to buy the skins separately "If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.".

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, (PSN)iseriouslydontno said:

Notice how they say "we can address" DE might not be able to fix what we want them to fix. But if we are hopeful they will change the next ones

^ this. We can only hope this is a hard reset for an otherwise great developer!

• Like 4

PLEASE be honest.
We asked for the FOMO tactics to be done away with and for this artificial Regal Aya price inflation to be removed.
This is incredibly predatory and unfair to the player base.

Hell, you probably knew this would happen beforehand and went with these decisions anyway. You're not sorry and we can tell. Otherwise this wouldn't have happened in the first place after the whole Regal Aya debacle. 

Do better. 

• Like 5

Just now, LoopStricken said:

_You probably shouldn't be buying it, then._

Same thing happened with halo infinite and it really pissed me off. You'd have people saying these bundles are really overpriced and terrible, but when you look at them in game they are like fully golden with cat ears.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

If people don't speak up, it WILL be the new standard.

DE will listen, hopefully, at least they at least did a change regarding the packs. But to be honest, if they keep releasing this type of bundles in the future with this price point, it wont go well for them. The "filler" stuff like Aya and undiscounted plat are the main "hell no" thing, and I can't put myself in their perspective, i cant say how they decide to add these "filler" content in the bundles. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BowserNC said:

Im not talking about other games buddy. I barely have time to play anything else. And yet i still call it "hive mind" whether you like it or not. I've been scrolling through these posts to see what people are saying and they're pretty much asking for the same thing. I dont want to insult anyone calling them part of a "hive mind", but thats how they are behaving and its funny to be honest. I've been playing this game for over 5 years and will continue to. But when i see people arguing with each other instead of doing something about it, it's just frustrating...  

Those speaking agenst de the "hive minds" are doing something it's those who are good complacent wallets that aren't and are the issue and why change won't come

• Like 4