Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, BlackAce said:

The "10" in 10th Anniversary stands for 10cent!?!?!?!?!?

Tim And Eric Omg GIF

Jokes aside, this pretty much killed any trust I have with DE. I went so far as to buy my cousins some starter packs and other bundles just to support DE. I guess some good things never last.

I lost trust when the Regal aya fiasco happened tbh

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Fire_Drake12 said:

Lmao, that's funny; implying AAA games are "fully" developed and you aren't paying full price for 30-50% of a game.

Not supporting it, but let's be real here, you're getting more "game" out of this pack than you are buying a AAA game these days. Of course there are exceptions, but you get the point.

You can buy Baldur's Gate 3 for a similar price. 

19 minutes ago, Ripw0lf said:

They literally took a gamble with this packs or they did it on purpose because they knew after some people bought it already, they can't do nothing to change them like the limitation or removing the plat or regal. Us gonna remember this greedy moment from them and hope they not gonna do something like that in the future. They should be ashamed of themselves but it is what it is right now :).       

They literally said they will make more of these.

• Like 4

I was already considering it before the change since i can afford it and i can have a use for the regal ayas (for cosmetics), but the move of artificially bloating the pack didn't sit well for me. It still don't, even if the plat are a nice addition. I understand the legal ramifications but i still expected more efforts from DE (refunds or whatsnot). If more options had been added, i would have been more inclined to take the biggest pack, because at least the choice would exist. But now the whole backlash drive me further away from the buy button.

Il y a 4 heures, wodanclay a dit :

There is no prestige to be had. It is a bundle that anyone can buy, even a 1 day old account can have the prestige of "10 Year Supporter". Which is insulting to anyone who actually supported the game over these years since you are not a "10 Year Supporter" unless you buy this specific bundle. Again, I like the skins, the cosmetics are nice, and if you consider the price of the regal aya and the increase in platinum, it is a good deal for new players who have a use for these things.

I have not bought the bundle though. Even if I did the stigma behind it currently is not good. The prestige badge is honestly a sham. Everyone who has played this game for years, and supported the game, deserves the badge, not just whoever bought this Heirloom bundle. I don't really know what else to say at this point. It isn't going to make me quit playing Warframe, and I am excited for the next story updates. Hoping for the best I suppose.

Shared sentiment. The skins are gorgeous even if they are not my main frames (for me, fashion is often a push to try others frames or weapons), the new attachements look dope af (i hope to see more of them in the future), and the color palette seems really nice… but having this token of shame pinned on my profile without any mean to remove it only add to my hesitation. I already don't like boasting in general but now on top of that, this badge is stained with all the negativity of the community…

Also, this badge doesn't have any other meaning that "I have money". At least the founder badge show the person was there, believed in this project and supported it when it most needed it. Warframe straight up wouldn't exist without their support. But what do i support with this? What's the difference with everything i've bought over the years? DE clearly doesn't seems in dire need of my money when they bring back physical conventions, announce mad hyping future updates and many more content (i'm so thirsty for Sevagoth Deluxe skin, holy sh*t!!), and straight up give money to charity.

Like you said, this badge should have been offered to everyone who has actually been here to support the game over the past 10 years.

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 4

Hey DE, remember this?

Remember when people called you out for forced Bundle that had things that you were FORCED to buy?

Remember the fiasco, where it took a #*!%ing Youtuber and Influencer for you to get off your ass and change S#&$?

This happened Once Already, and you're DOING IT AGAIN.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

I understand why you couldn't do this right now, but IF you ever make another Heirloom Collection or similar type of deal, I fully expect that the price will no longer be inflated by an overabundance of married goods. No regal aya, and more pick-and-choose than wholesale.

These collections were truly DE at the worst it's been in years. That said, I do appreciate that you listened.

What if I don't want Regal Aya or Plat? I feel like there should be some option to get the skins without all the extras that's friendlier on one's budget.

I agree with everyone else here saying the way this is structured is predatory, taking advantage of FOMO. I won't be buying them.

Edit: Also agree with the sentiment about the exclusivity of the "10 years supporter" prestige stuff. I've been here 10 years, spent thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars on the game, but the guy who joined 3 days ago with a few hundred in cash to burn is the 'real' supporter and deserving of special recognition. Bravo, DE.. *slow clap*

Edited by Tzolkat
Needed more salt.
  • Like 6

I hate this situation has arised on the 10th Anniversary of Warframe, the game that gives you the opportunity to tackle things the way you want, with complete freedom and leeway to Play whenever you feel like it, however you see fit.

Im a player that started the game when the Excalibur Prime founders pack was still available, and I was too young to have any money on my power, so I didnt get it despite how much I wanted it. But I understand it, Digital Extremes was vulnerable at the time, desperate even to escape from bankruptcy and I cannot blame their choice to make it time exclusive one bit so I dont resent any of it

But it feels horrible that history may repeat itself, altough im now in power of my finances, my Country's Economy is crumbling and im unable to compromise that much money at the moment, but my situation will get better, I will be able to buy the packs one day, but I fear that such time is out of the exclusivity scope it's been put on and i'll never be able to give 2 Warframes that I love playing that same Love I feel, and I cannot imagine how many more players may be in the same situation

I feel powerless, and I cannot understand the why behind the scenes would Digital Extremes do this to their game and their community, specifically now, betraying all the principles the game grew up on when they specifically said Founder's Pack Exclusivity wouldnt happen ever again

I beg of Digital Extremes on this, please reconsider

Edited by Mirki
  • Like 10

14 hours ago, Slainn_ said:

I gotta be honest, I didn’t think these were overpriced. As someone who has been playing apex for years, an heirloom(one single melee item) has always been $150 to minimum to acquire. When you look at the amount of detail put into these types of cosmetics, they’re far more than a skin. And if you’d like to continue to see great heirloom skins that the creative team are given full freedom to take the time to design the best iterations of them, it needs to be very profitable. 

That said, this is a great change that shows DE listens to the community, so even though I wasn’t upset with the previous price, it’s always good to see a developer meet the community halfway, even if people would’ve likely complained at any price. 

Now, some real issues, why do I have to pay for warframe slots and weapon slots? The monetization in this game is acceptable in many ways, and my friends and I have spent a few hundred dollars already on the game, and we love to support it. But don’t nickel on dime us on the dumb stuff please, feels insulting. Like a spit in the face to those who WANT to support you but are being MADE to spend money for a gacha mechanic. Weapon slots, warframe slots, only being able to craft one forma at a time, exilus adapters, etc. those are all the things that feel the most scammy. Like, I’ll spend my money, just don’t extort me for pennies. 

Lmao dumbest argument I've ever heard. Let me sell you some fresh air for $100

• Like 10

Sorry not sorry. This just screams Greed. 80 euros (because I'm in Europe) for a couple of skins, when this money buys a full AAA game, is just insane to me. You have no way of justifying this. And adding regal aya that cannot purchase any newly released Primes/weapons/accessories, but only past ones, does not add up.
I will consider this to be the most blatant cash grab you have done to date. I humbly suggest getting down from your high Kaithe and rethink your business choices. Otherwise, people will start comparing you to some unsavory publishers that I will not quote here...

• Like 6

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

What about the feedback about this whole thing being a scummy practice? 

Miss the days when decisions from DE were made by DE without the involvement of some 3rd party cash grab giant. Anyway, this doesn't bode well for the future. 

• Like 6

Thanks. I'm fairly new and still need Platinum and other things but I still bought the Premium package because I wanted the cool skins. Appreciate you looking out for us that did spend even though the price was high. Every1 else should stop crying, do chores or go to work and buy the dang on thing if they want it! "RESPECTFULLY"

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, (PSN)BurrzyBeast313 said:

Thanks. I'm fairly new and still need Platinum and other things but I still bought the Premium package because I wanted the cool skins. Appreciate you looking out for us that did spend even though the price was high. Every1 else should stop crying, do chores or go to work and buy the dang on thing if they want it! "RESPECTFULLY"

Ah, yes, let us encourage ruining already working monetization practices.

I sure hope you won't stop crying if community decides to blacklist every "10 years supporter" they meet. Then you could basically have your own private server, for free. Oh, no, wait, for 2 skins and some other garbage bundle.

Edited by Darkbring
  • Like 2

I have Crippling Manic Depression, Addictive Personality Disorder, and Abandonment issues. I am quite literally the perfect person to target for your FOMO. I'm aware of these issues and have been treated and hospitalized for them on many separate occasions. I will be buying this pack at the highest level. Because I've played for 10 years and the sunken cost fallacy has taken me whole. I'm aware of it and yet I still want it and will save for the next few months to get it. Be proud of yourself DE. I fight for you and pay you to play this game when I shouldn't. Nothing I'm saying here is a falsehood, you've made me your apologist. My reward? More platinum. Something I never really need or want, but will gladly take. Because you've corrupted me. 

- Sincerly yours,
             Trixie_Lulamoon, A.K.A. Jessie, real being who has had enough.

Edited by Trixie_Lulamoon
  • Like 5

The pack is 90 dollars for the most expensive  70 for the second and I think 50 for the third 

Starfeald a new AAA game is 60 dollars coming out in a week, armored core 6 a new AAA game is 60 dollars and came out a week ago, spider man 2 another AAA game coming out is 70 dollars 

So you have packs more expensive or as expensive as an AAA game with only 2 skins and a few cosmetics with a small amount of platinum you guys are getting extremely greedy  tencent DE

Your starting to not care about your fans or there feedback by doing stunts like this thinking were stupid and viewing us only as walking wallets for you to drain 

• Like 7

Just now, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

The pack is 90 dollars for the most expensive  70 for the second and I think 50 for the third 

Starfeald a new AAA game is 60 dollars coming out in a week, armored core 6 a new AAA game is 60 dollars and came out a week ago, spider man 2 another AAA game coming out is 70 dollars 

So you have packs more expensive or as expensive as an AAA game with only 2 skins and a few cosmetics with a small amount of platinum you guys are getting extremely greedy  tencent DE

Your starting to not care about your fans or there feedback by doing stunts like this thinking were stupid and viewing us only as walking wallets for you to drain 

Starfield will have postlaunch DLC and season pass. You can already buy it in the 109$ premium edition version. On top of that Starfield will have microtransactions.
Armored Core 6 is a 15h game (30 if you are completionist) https://howlongtobeat.com/game/118230
If Spiderman 2 is similar to Spiderman 1 it will be at most 20 hour game (35 if you are completionist)

Warframe is free. I currently have 5803,6 hours in Warframe. How many do you have?

38 minutes ago, (PSN)BurrzyBeast313 said:

19 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

Ah, yes, let us encourage ruining already working monetization practices.

I sure hope you won't stop crying if community decides to blacklist every "10 years supporter" they meet. Then you could basically have your own private server, for free. Oh, no, wait, for 2 skins and some other garbage bundle.

Grow up, your comment towards @(PSN)BurrzyBeast313 in itself is childish, trying to say blacklist players who bought the pack, seriously.

I bought the Zenith pack before this extra was added, yes I think it was a bit expensive, I normally like these sorts of skins for plat in the market personally, The Regal Aya I was after a small amount for a couple of cosmetics and the plat just boosted what I have. 

Edited by Slayer-.
typo
  • Like 1

As if the predatory pricing isn't obvious enough in the first place? After the Regal Aya dumpster fire? "10 steps backward, 'hear feedback' and 1 step forward" is the most common method to woo players for greedy devs nowadays. [DE]ncent absolutely learned the lesson here alright? Now the only thing confirmed in this post is more FOMO heirloom packs will be coming. Get your wallet ready whales it's time for you to contribute to [DE]ncent!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Grow up, your comment towards @(PSN)BurrzyBeast313 in itself is childish, trying to say blacklist players who bought the pack, seriously.

I bought the Zenith pack before this extra was added, yes I think it was a bit expensive, I normally like these sorts of skins for plat in the market personally, The Regal Aya I was after a small amount for a couple of cosmetics and the plat just boosted what I have. 

Sounds like someone who haven't learned the value of money yet speaking. I'm just pointing out a very likely consequence for your actions. Who do you think the community will blame if DE continues with this bullS#&$ and ruins the game? You and your fellow buyers.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Starfield will have postlaunch DLC and season pass. You can already buy it in the 109$ premium edition version. On top of that Starfield will have microtransactions.
Armored Core 6 is a 15h game (30 if you are completionist) https://howlongtobeat.com/game/118230
If Spiderman 2 is similar to Spiderman 1 it will be at most 20 hour game (35 if you are completionist)

Warframe is free. I currently have 5803,6 hours in Warframe. How many do you have?

So you're saying it's better to spend $50 for a skin instead of 15h of gameplay. Got it. 

Edited by Darkbring
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Starfeald is hundreds of hours of gameplay with 1000 explorable planets and as you sead dlc coming soon and will have player created mods that are featured for money paying half to the moder and half to BG and the non featured ones are free

Armored core 6 has boss fights, piloting mecks and tons of guns and is way more fun than buying a pack for the same amount as the game with only 2 skins and some cosmetics inflated by platinum and aya 

Spiderman 2 is going to be 30 hours of way more fun than a pack for the same price with 2 skins and some cosmetics inflated by platinum and aya 

• Like 5

So you're telling me that instead of celebrating the thousands of players who have supported you-- contributing time, money and free advertising-- over the last decade by giving ALL pre-tennocon players the 10 year badge, you've decided to lock it behind a ~$100 bundle that most can't afford but brand new players can buy their way into?

Congrats on slapping your actual supporters in the face. Nice way to tell the community the only support that matters to you is whoever burns the most cash. 

Edited by Erebus
  • Like 12

thankfully i'm not a mag or frost main so i think i can comfortably pass on this tainted collection (i don't really have a choice actually, i simply can't afford it lol. 3 pieces of tennocon merch cost me $400+)

i can only hope that future heirloom collections will have a "you don't have a lot of money but still want to support us" base tier, you guys know there are plenty of players who will opt for the high price packs from loyalty alone

really hyped for WITW and 1999 though!!

Edited by EdinaMonsoon
  • Like 1