The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am trying to do the Origin sistem on SP

Astorias1998

21 minutes ago, Astorias1998 said:

I hate interception mission and Solo defense mission, and the one where you need to push a big thing with shields that IDK how it's called. any advice over how to do them easly ?

For interception, Nova is your best friend.  Get her strength up a bit and max out her duration.  Press 4.  Capture points and avoid enemies.  They'll be too slow to be much of a threat.

For Hijack (the shield draining payload one), use Hildryn or Inaros and the railjack on-call crew summon with the healing effect on kills.

Edit: For solo defense, don't be afraid to use specters to support you.  The ancient healer and the shield osprey are both really useful.  During my initial clear of SP, I used Khora for a lot of missions.  She's not the easiest to get, and I honestly don't even like using her, but she can do significant damage with her Whipclaw, and her Strangledome can protect a point very well.

Edited by sunderthefirmament
  • Like 2

hace 8 minutos, sunderthefirmament dijo:

For interception, Nova is your best friend.  Get her strength up a bit and max out her duration.  Press 4.  Capture points and avoid enemies.  They'll be too slow to be much of a threat.

For Hijack (the shield draining payload one), use Hildryn or Inaros and the railjack on-call crew summon with the healing effect on kills.

Gotta need to farm for nova. I'll try it. Thanks !

• Like 1

Interception? I liked Revenant using his 1 to turn enemies into allies/distractions, tho it's usually still a game of musical chairs, with 3 Tenno Towers and one Red Tower constantly rotating around the map.

Solo Defense uhhh, sometimes Revenant, sometimes Vauban. Revenant is just hypnotize enemies, kinda slow and Defense Target isn't super protected. Vauban kinda same but faster, still gotta look out for Eximus. Gara might be nice tho I haven't tried them

The hijack mission where it disables your abilities? I think I used max range Xaku to disarm enemies and kill them before they could damage the core. Xaku also has a hypnosis ability to turn enemies into allies/distractions 

Edited by (XBOX)CaligulaTwily
  • Like 1

For interception, focus on CC abilities should be helpful. Like using 2 domes by khora while protecting third point in person. Or previously mentioned nova. But I find rhino's stomp as the best option, since it affects (to a degree) eximus units as well.

If there're any issues with defence, try using defence-oriented warframes like gara of frost.

For hijack, I can add yareli and nidus to already mentioned hildryn and inaros. The core drains merulina's hp instead of shields for yareli, and plain hp in case of nidus. While using high range and long duration larva\riptide can help with protecting the core

• Like 2

For interception Khora with a lot of range is the best. You drop one strangledome on a capture point and relax until you have to recast it. Enemies caught in the dome can't capture anything and you can capture a point even if they are on top of it, as long as they are chained. The only thing you have to worry about is eximus units and energy, so you can recast. As an additional bonus, you can drop a second dome to catch any stragglers. As long as you don't kill anything (aside the eximus), the game won't spawn additional enemies, so it's a pretty fail-safe method.

For defence, I used Oberon. Just drop hallowed ground around the objective and watch enemies shoot themselves instead of the target. Plus he can heal the defence objective, too.

Nova is good for hijack. If you use molecular prime the enemies will hardly be able to approach you, less so deal any significant damage.

Edited by Genitive
  • Like 1

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned but On call Crew and Specters can help with interception missions. just park a couple of specters at control points and they will typically slow down oncoming enemies. Especially since with the eximus rework the various syndicate specters are quite a bit stronger than they used to be. 

2 hours ago, Genitive said:

For interception Khora with a lot of range is the best. You drop one strangledome on a capture point and relax until you have to recast it. Enemies caught in the dome can't capture anything and you can capture a point even if they are on top of it, as long as they are chained. The only thing you have to worry about is eximus units and energy, so you can recast. As an additional bonus, you can drop a second dome to catch any stragglers. As long as you don't kill anything (aside the eximus), the game won't spawn additional enemies, so it's a pretty fail-safe method.

For defence, I used Oberon. Just drop hallowed ground around the objective and watch enemies shoot themselves instead of the target. Plus he can heal the defence objective, too.

Nova is good for hijack. If you use molecular prime the enemies will hardly be able to approach you, less so deal any significant damage.

I'll second everything said here, I used Khora for every SP solo interception & defense & mobile defense too. Being able to cast 2 strangledomes makes her probably the best interception frame.

30 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

I'll second everything said here, I used Khora for every SP solo interception & defense & mobile defense too. Being able to cast 2 strangledomes makes her probably the best interception frame.

IMO Nova far outclasses Khora for Interception. You can cover most interception maps with one cast of her 4 and the slowdown is generally enough to make the game mode simple. 

Nyx is also better than Khora for Interception, for the reason listed earlier in the thread. Chaos will massively shut down enemies from interacting with the terminals and also causes disruption of eximus units even if they're not directly affected by Chaos.

Also, Kullervo is a decent option for Interception as well. He has the potential of locking down two points with Zenistar and his AOE slash ability. Slapping Gloom or another decent CC subsume can make him fully viable for SP interception.

Edited by Leqesai

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

IMO Nova far outclasses Khora for Interception. You can cover most interception maps with one cast of her 4 and the slowdown is generally enough to make the game mode simple. 

Nyx is also better than Khora for Interception, for the reason listed earlier in the thread. Chaos will massively shut down enemies from interacting with the terminals and also causes disruption of eximus units even if they're not directly affected by Chaos.

Nova requires more activity. While you slow everything across the map, if an enemy makes it to the console they take the normal amount of time to capture the point. So you still have to run around and make sure you're killing everything before it gets to the consoles. Additionally, since she has to kill everything, you risk getting swarms of Eximus (which she can't slow down). That being said, because super active, also keeps things fun.

Khora, on the other hand, is very passive. You drop a Strangledome on two points, defend a third, and can just let the enemy have the fourth (which is convenient on certain maps, where one point is in a super out of the way location). With high/maxed duration and a bit of range (neutral efficiency, and can just outright dump strength), her domes last for a long time and completely shut down the enemy's ability to take the points they're on. She still has to go out of her way to take out Eximus, but you eventually reach a point of critical mass where there are no Eximus on the map and the game can't spawn more enemies (because already capped).

Here's an example of the kind of build that Khora could use, if specifically building for Interception:

Spoiler

4083edb6ceb0da67e505f10f7dacd381.png

For shards, the priority is getting ability duration to 300% (make domes last at least 60 seconds, and increase uptime on Dispensary). You could reach that with 3x tauforged (299%), leaving 2 open slots. I'd probably take 2x casting speed (or potentially 1x tauforged casting speed and 1x parkour, depending on if the single tauforged casting speed is enough to "feel good" for her Ensnare).

Gameplay loop is what I mentioned above. Domes on two points, defend a third. For survivability, you keep Venari on Heal stance and abuse Ensnare (seriously, it's an insanely strong ability). Eximus are the only threats to you, but they can be taken out relatively easily if you're good at landing headshots and bring a strong rifle.

Edited by Hexerin

5 hours ago, Astorias1998 said:

I hate interception mission and Solo defense mission, and the one where you need to push a big thing with shields that IDK how it's called. any advice over how to do them easly ?

interception can be done easily solo, you just need to move fast between the points and ignore the enemies: at first, the enemy will take every point right after you do, but if you keep at it., you catch up and eventually the enemies are on the back foot. then once you have all 4 points, youc na just go to them as and when you need to. because this method doesn't require powers, you can use any frame as well, but a frame that can move faster like Volt is of course even better.

solo defense, you're kinda limited to what frames will work as you ideally need wide AoE abilities to get the job done, unless you can kill everything super quickly before it reaches the target, , but depending on your weapon/frame loadout that may not be possible. Frost, Vauban and Gara are ideal picks for a defense, so maybe try and use those frames if possible.

your final mission sounds like the  Hijack mission, in which case a frame with a lot of shields works well. Hildryn is an ideal pick, as is Inaros or Nidus since non-shielded frames can move the payload with health, which they get back very quickly. another option could be Rhino, as long as you keep iron skin up you won't need to worry about losing your shield to enemy attacks, same applies with Nezha. you could also take one of the defensive picks I mentioned and some energy pads and just spam their CC moves so that nothing can attack you. 

I can assure you that each of these modes is totally doable solo, it's just a question of bringing the right tools for the job. 

• Like 1

I've found Vauban better than Khora for interceptions since you can stack the Vortex duratin with the help from augment.

Defense - Octavia was my choice, too cheesy.

Hijack - Inaros, but it was still hard, because I had to keep enemies blinded or Magus-Lockdowned all the time to keep the core's health.

• Like 1

Hijack is probably the worst to solo. Even with Hildryn and Inaros, the problem isn't so much the drain as it is the enemies shooting the objective. Frames that eliminate or shut down the enemies are almost more valuable than having the tank for the drain, which is why Nova is nice she slows them and if they get too close they can be popped. A max lull build on Baruuk can also work okay, or if you're daring Limbo. Mesa is an option too - anything that can shut down the map and stop them from shooting.

I have no idea if Hijack objectives operate the same as defense objectives - IIRC they don't, otherwise Gara would be fantastic for Hijack.

Hijack needs an overhaul as a game mode imo.

• Like 2

I agree with a lot of the suggestions so far, so nothing I will add will be new, but to recap a little, there are a few different Warframe that can make Interception, and Defence in Steel Path, easier, even if solo. This can be nice, because you might have preferences, or certain Warframe might seem more intuitive or better for you, than what we might suggest. Vauban, Nova, Khora, Revenant, Nyx, Octavia, Frost, Gara, Zephyr, could all be good, for a few similar and different reasons.

Like for Vauban, his 4 will suspend enemies and you can use that ability at different Interception locations, and his other abilities also offer CC. Thre thing about crowd controlling enemies? Is you can ignore them, you don't have to actively kill them. CC immune enemies like Eximus, then become your priority. Nova can slow down enemies, Khora tangle them in strangledome, Revenant can enthral them, Nyx, Chaos, and so on. All these Warframe, and a few more, have ways of neutralising a lot of enemies en masse, via CC, and for a mode like Interception? That can be better than just killing them, because then new enemies may spawn elsewhere, meaning you have to try and run around more and juggle them. Using Spectres and On Call Crew can help as well, plus a bit of practice and strategic thinking. On your Map, is Point C closer to Point B? Maybe you want to prioritise those two points to take first, that way, you can make that your main defensive battle ground, since it'll be easy to cover them both, and if CC a lot of enemies at that area, less enemies will tend to go to the other points. I quite like a Wisp Spectre personally, for the buffs, but I hear Nidus Spectres are quite popular too, for buff Parasitic Link can provide.

Having a strong weapon that can kill Eximus, and an Acolyte fast, will help cover your bases. 

Depending on where you struggle, a Companion could help as well. Any Sentinel with the Verglas modded to do Cold, can be nice for some, because the Cold proccs it can inflict will slow down enemies, even Eximus, which can give you breathing room. Panzer can be good though, if you find yourself taking too much damage, and having your companion die, so you won't have to worry about that. 

I can't actually remember Hijack that well, sorry. I think I used Vauban, Nidus, Hildryn or Xaku, and I remember the Corpus Hijack being a bit different from Grineer version, but I might also be mixed either with the Sortie version. Other peoples advice seems solid though. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1