Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's time to break the 3 Weapons limitation

crazywolfpusher

51 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Please illustrate me: How else am I to interpret this sentence?

it is boring to spam same melee combo over and over , with extra slots you can have some more fun and play mini DMC game

One of the key reasons you can have stylish and varied combos in DMC is the fact enemy HP is high-enough to accommodate 20+ hit combos. This is balanced out by low enemy density.

I don't think you are helping your position by arguing I am "overthinking" when referring to the most basic aspect of the franchise you yourself referenced.

the topic is about weapon loadout limit

OP wants more and i agree and suggested 5 of ANY type 

meaning you can bring your 5 melee weapons on mission and  use them all as you want ( just like dmc you can take full arsenal or not )

in dmc most weapons are melee and combat is as well ,  Warframe  we get 2 ranged and 1 melee loadout 

so if you pick 5 melee you get a mini dmc in a way get it ?

if you are bored of 1 weapon spam animation then  you change to other and then again to other etc

you will have a choice and it matters

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

the topic is about weapon loadout limit

OP wants more and i agree and suggested 5 of ANY type 

meaning you can bring your 5 melee weapons on mission and  use them all as you want ( just like dmc you can take full arsenal or not )

in dmc most weapons are melee and combat is as well ,  Warframe  we get 2 ranged and 1 melee loadout 

so if you pick 5 melee you get a mini dmc in a way get it ?

if you are bored of 1 weapon spam animation then  you change to other and then again to other etc

you will have a choice and it matters

The issue with this is when you allow freedom like this you have to start designing around it. Meaning we’d see missions where we HAVE to have that many weapons at the ready with a multitude of different damage types and as I already said in another of my replies (I’m not the guy you replied to) using radial wheels are already a pain in the ass on controller. Most games that utilize them have some kind of time slow mechanic and that isn’t possible in a multiplayer game. The only game I can think of that uses them in real time is GTA and it’s a pain in the ass there too. Having even more sub menus to go through - possibly in the middle of combat is not good.

Even without radial wheels, Borderlands with its 4 gun system already runs into issues with buttons for that which forces you to cycle through all of them (another bad design). 

The current system of 3 weapons with 2 of them being cycled and the third on a long press is the standard for shooting games and weapon switching and it is that way because it works well and it’s balanced.

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit
  • Like 2

On 2023-10-15 at 11:02 PM, crazywolfpusher said:

What are you guys scared of? 😂

Mostly of bad ideas...

The need to plan ahead and choose a loadout is actually a plus point. The 3 weapon limit makes you carefuly choose a loadout with synergy which is part of the build process and a big part of the fun for many people. Allowing too many weapons would make the choices less meaningful and actually lead to more homogenization not less.

Edited by Zakalwe
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I just realised a Critical weakness with this topic

Warframes have 7 Weapons at the start of the game

Primary,  Secondary,  Melee

4 Abilities

Then you later unlock

Transference,  Archguns,  Necramechs with atleast two Damage Abilities and 2 Weapons other than Necramech Melee

Summons and Spectres could be considered weapons but really Most Augment mods can add Variability 

Helminth can swap or add some Abilities,  Invigoration buffs to high hell

Then you have Companions one could consider a weapon, Now having mods that also Vary in uses

Archwing and K drives kinda just transport the player

Thats what 7 + 5~with Varying stuff & Choices of which each one is

Edited by (XBOX)Mastermitchel89

On 2023-10-22 at 5:23 AM, Zakalwe said:

Mostly of bad ideas...

The need to plan ahead and choose a loadout is actually a plus point. The 3 weapon limit makes you carefuly choose a loadout with synergy which is part of the build process and a big part of the fun for many people. Allowing too many weapons would make the choices less meaningful and actually lead to more homogenization not less.

I don’t even care about that. I just don’t want to end up with Doom Eternal with 15 weapons on a radial wheel that all have to be used 

• Like 1

On 2023-10-15 at 11:44 PM, crazywolfpusher said:

The game has so many fun and interesting weapons and each update adds a few more and there is not enough time to play them all, or at least the ones we like.

I think it's time change the way loadouts work and replace it with a weapon wheel so we can carry more than 3.

3b3b51-03.png

We already use a wheel for some important stuff, shouldn't be too complicated, right?

Nosam cutter

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

I just realised a Critical weakness with this topic

Warframes have 7 Weapons at the start of the game

Primary,  Secondary,  Melee

4 Abilities

Then you later unlock

Transference,  Archguns,  Necramechs with atleast two Damage Abilities and 2 Weapons other than Necramech Melee

Summons and Spectres could be considered weapons but really Most Augment mods can add Variability 

Helminth can swap or add some Abilities,  Invigoration buffs to high hell

Then you have Companions one could consider a weapon, Now having mods that also Vary in uses

Archwing and K drives kinda just transport the player

Thats what 7 + 5~with Varying stuff & Choices of which each one is

you forgot about operator.

in the average mission, not counting specters i have:

my 3 weapons
my own 4 abilities
my amp
my archgun
my 2 operator abilities
the nosam cutter and fishing spears (technically they're weapons!)

on openworld you can also add the 4 abilities on my archwing and the 4 abilities on my necramech to that list of options. 

and that's assuming i'm not using a warframe that breaks the 4 ability limit in some way, vauban has a practical 8 abilities (counting his minelayer options separately and counting vortex and bastille separately), equinox has 7, ivara has 7, titania has 7... if quiver on helminth wasn't altered to a tap/hold you could reach 11 abilities on vauban by subsuming it over his 1 or 3 (but currently, you only get 9 abilities in total and quiver isn't that useful on vauban since it's just cloak and noise arrows) 

2 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

I don't understand this community, everyone is self policing and trying to regulate how others play. Let me have my augment slot and a weapon selection wheel, you don't have to use it but stop trying to regulate my playstyle.

For a game that's constantly changing, the community is very critical towards any new propositions

Yes, I'll probably get shot down for this, but every time you see someone make a single suggestion, it gets nuked. 
Ironic considering DE is constantly adding the weirdest things to Warframe, but again, we aren't the Devs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _Eclips3_ said:

I don't understand this community, everyone is self policing and trying to regulate how others play. Let me have my augment slot and a weapon selection wheel, you don't have to use it but stop trying to regulate my playstyle.

Forums are a tough place if you have trouble reading opinions that are different than your own without feeling like you're being oppressed. 

• Like 2

On 2023-11-10 at 8:22 AM, _Eclips3_ said:

When something like a weapon wheel becomes available making that many weapons usable it means content begins to be designed and balanced around that and the rest of us have to engage with it.

I don’t want to manage 10 weapons like I’m playing Doom Eternal - without time slow

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit
  • Like 2