Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's time to break the 3 Weapons limitation

crazywolfpusher

I always wanted the ability to drop your arsenal as an air support charge or something. It's not often needed but sometimes in pubs or even premade you realize that you brought a loadout that wasn't entirely suited for the specific mission you're in. 

Like last weeks archon hunt there was a rescue mission and I wanted perspicacity config for that mission but I had roar config because it generally works for anything else. I ended up aborting mission.

Not exactly what the OP was suggesting I guess but would alloy you to swap weapons/frame/config on the fly without having to abort to make a simple change.

1. If we can carry more weapons, that shifts the design meta, because then the devs can expectation that players always have access to every kind of tool to solve every kind of problem.  I don't want that.

2. A weapon wheel is slower than simply tapping the weapon change button.  I don't want that.

3. Controller keybinds are already at their absolute limit, if not past it.  A weapon wheel would require at least one additional keybind, since the current weapon change button already has two functions depending on whether it is tapped or held.  I don't want that.

4. With 8 different weapons, the ammo system would require a redesign to determine how ammo is distributed to weapons.  That's work the devs have to do.  I don't want them wasting their time on that.

5. With 8 different weapons, concern for ammo economy becomes a thing of the past, since you can always just keep an infinite ammo weapon in one of your many slots without any sacrifice.  Say goodbye to an entire facet of Warframe's balance.

6. There's probably more but that's what came to me off the top of my head. This would be a detrimental change and I don't want it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crazywolfpusher said:

So far the only reason I see you people dislike a gear wheel change is because it might cause troubles to DE implementing it. I don't get it, do you work at DE? 

Can you stop? You lost. People gave you all the types of reasons why this is a bad idea.

Stop ignoring everything people said in this thread just because its not what you want to hear.

Your idea SUCKS! Move on.

Just because some of you are afraid of change, of actually having to press buttons while playing the game, doesn't means Warframe cannot keep evolving. 

I'll stop trying to convince Inaros mains, maybe one day you'll realize that having over 400 Weapons forgotten in your orbiter gonna need a solution and this proposal was maybe one of the many, who knows.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packetdancer said:

I could get behind half of this; I think letting you take a secondary in place of a primary -- so you could 'downgrade' your primary to a secondary -- would be neat. I am less fond of the idea of taking two primaries, I admit.

it's been so many Years before these two Weapon Slots had any significant difference, there's no reason to consider Primary or Secondary more powerful than the other. because they're both arguably more powerful than each other, and everything exists in both Slots anyways.

so we may as well let you take any Guns you want.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

it's been so many Years before these two Weapon Slots had any significant difference, there's no reason to consider Primary or Secondary more powerful than the other. because they're both arguably more powerful than each other, and everything exists in both Slots anyways.

so we may as well let you take any Guns you want.

I mean, I was just envisioning someone taking both the Kuva Bramma and the Latron Prime Incarnon or Miter Incarnon...

1 hour ago, crazywolfpusher said:

Just because some of you are afraid of change, of actually having to press buttons while playing the game, doesn't means Warframe cannot keep evolving. 

I'll stop trying to convince Inaros mains, maybe one day you'll realize that having over 400 Weapons forgotten in your orbiter gonna need a solution and this proposal was maybe one of the many, who knows.  

This is the part that confuses me. Those weapons are neither forgotten, nor am I afraid of pressing a few buttons (I typically build to let the fight breathe instead of avoiding it, though if I wanted to do otherwise I could in the Orbiter). So it’s like you’re trying to solve a solved problem…?

I get the idea behind the ability to access all of our gear in-mission, but the problem it’s trying to solve seems like a non-problem. It’s not like your gameplay is going to drastically shift because you can do in-mission something you can do in the Orbiter

edit: My gameplay would shift, but from what I understand yours in particular would remain very similar

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crazywolfpusher said:

People have different opinions and that's fine.  There's no need to make a big thing out of it, and certainly no need for bad faith mud-slinging.

In particular, it's a good chuckle to propose that Warframe players are afraid of change.  The game is always changing.  Heck, Warframe is one of the most changing-est games out there.  To imply that people don't like your idea because they're afraid of change is silly.  You're at a mathematics convention yelling that everyone who disagrees with you is afraid of math.  Don't do that to yourself.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Packetdancer said:

I mean, I was just envisioning someone taking both the Kuva Bramma and the Latron Prime Incarnon or Miter Incarnon...

whatever, it doesn't matter

you can bring a Launcher and an Incarnon now as it is, some of the Secondary Incarnons would also fall under that "you shouldn't be able to have this at the same time" that you're proposing
it just doesn't matter, everything is very powerful, and whether it's a Primary or Secondary has basically zero bearing on that, so we may as well stop using it as a restriction. it's Gun type 1 and Gun type 2, nothing more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crazywolfpusher said:

Not all change is good change. Refusing change that makes little to no sense is not being afraid of change. Rejecting terrible ideas is all part of the process of Warframe evolving. You need to stop being afraid of being overwhelmingly wrong.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, crazywolfpusher said:

maybe one day you'll realize that having over 400 Weapons forgotten in your orbiter gonna need a solution and this proposal was maybe one of the many, who knows.  

And again: Your idea does nothing to resolve this!
You would still have 400 forgotten weapons, just some of them would be uselessly cluttering up your gear wheel and you would never select them because, again, "why bother"?

It doesn't matter if the Dera Vandal is in your gear wheel or in your orbiter, why bother picking it over the Phenmor, or the Cedo, or a dozen other weapons?

You'll either like and use a weapon, or you won't.  And having a gear wheel to fumble through mid-mission won't affect that in any way.

15 hours ago, crazywolfpusher said:

I'm sorry, afraid of change?
Are you aware of how much this game constantly changes?
If I was afraid of change I definitely wouldn't be playing this game.  After all this is not the game I initially signed up (and paid for) to play.  It is completely different with only the barest of resemblances to how the game used to be.

As for pushing buttons I'm not afraid of that either.  I play plenty of frames where you have to constantly cycle abilities, just like I play frames that are more or less weapon platforms.  Both have their place.
But you seem to vastly underestimate how clunky a weapon wheel would be in warframe, especially for controller where they are already at the feasible limit of how many key bindings they have to the point where multiple functions are allocated to the same buttons and sometimes causing problems because of that.
And your idea would just add another gear wheel that they would have to pull up, cycle through, and then select the gear they want every time they have to switch weapons.....which is vastly worse than just the single button press we currently have to switch weapons.
And if you can't see how having to bring up a gear wheel and fumble through it in the middle of the action (which won't pause or slow down BTW) is worse than just a single button press....maybe you should look into some UX courses.

Finally, not all change is good.  Changing things and making user interaction objectively worse "just because" isn't taking warframe in a positive direction.
Yes, warframe will continue evolving and changing, and in a few more years there will be even more stuff that is completely unrecognizable when compared to how things used to be, but that also necessarily means that plenty of bad ideas will crop up and have to be squashed because they would cause more detriments than positives.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, crazywolfpusher said:

So we aren't allowed to disagree with you, got it

• Like 5

On 2023-10-17 at 6:18 AM, Tsukinoki said:

But you seem to vastly underestimate how clunky a weapon wheel would be in warframe, especially for controller where they are already at the feasible limit of how many key bindings they have to the point where multiple functions are allocated to the same buttons and sometimes causing problems because of that.

Also to piggy back off this, WF is going to be on phones soon. I'm curious on how he think this is going to be not at all tedious and cumbersome to do with WF gameplay on a phone, let alone on a larger platform/device. Time would be better spent updating something pre-existing on the game that would greatly improve the experience of the whole player base, like some UI changes.

On 2023-10-19 at 1:47 AM, Jarriaga said:

Killing a single Grineer in 20 hits does not sound fun to me.

You don't fight 5-6 enemies at a time in WF.

Nope, I agree with you, in Steel Path I'm fighting a hoard of enemies all around me in a group and killing them in one swing of my glorious heavy attack Toxin/Slash Azothane. 

cCkds.gif

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

never suggested that in my post , you overthink it and others

Please illustrate me: How else am I to interpret this sentence?

it is boring to spam same melee combo over and over , with extra slots you can have some more fun and play mini DMC game

One of the key reasons you can have stylish and varied combos in DMC is the fact enemy HP is high-enough to accommodate 20+ hit combos. This is balanced out by low enemy density.

I don't think you are helping your position by arguing I am "overthinking" when referring to the most basic aspect of the franchise you yourself referenced.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1