Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss extermination is best done solo at the moment.

(PSN)ARC_Paroe

Rewards dont scale with number of objectives dropped off, and you get 6-8 on mission completion. This means that, in order to get the 200 you need in the most efficient way, doing them solo on a sprint frame is the single most efficient way to get them done. You need 23-25 runs to get enough materials, which is also roughly 115K to 125K syndicate standing. 

• Like 1

worth noting that Steel path awards more: I've had 11 drop during an SP run, but before the hotfix, it kept putting players on normal mode: thankfully it's fixed now, so if you pick SP mode, it should definitely be that mode. not sure if resource boosters help but I doubt it since it's an end of mission reward, rather than a dropped resource, and those aren't affected by boosters.

managed to get enough tonight for the Dorrclave anyway, onto Dagath's parts tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

doing them solo on a sprint frame is the single most efficient way to get them done

Where are these missions? I bought the thing from a syndicate. I went to syndicate missions and don't see anything new there. Just regular syndicate missions. I went to RJ because lotus talked about a grineer ship. Nothing there. I searched alerts, the starchart. Why is this so darn cryptic???? After buying the syndicate item where does one go?

Just now, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Where are these missions? I bought the thing from a syndicate. I went to syndicate missions and don't see anything new there. Just regular syndicate missions. I went to RJ because lotus talked about a grineer ship. Nothing there. I searched alerts, the starchart. Why is this so darn cryptic???? After buying the syndicate item where does one go?

Ceres. 
It says the node is in ceres in the patch notes, and asking global chat should get you the same answer.

• Like 1

But also worth considering: is it the most fun way to do the mission?

If you dislike the mission and just want to get it over with, sure, maybe optimizing so that you can be done with the grind ASAP is the best way.  But don't fall into the trap of letting that be your default way of playing the game, rather than a strategic play you pull out in specific circumstances.

41 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

If you dislike the mission and just want to get it over with, sure, maybe optimizing so that you can be done with the grind ASAP is the best way.  But don't fall into the trap of letting that be your default way of playing the game, rather than a strategic play you pull out in specific circumstances.

Haha. OP is saying that solo is more efficient, and solo is also the most fun because I don’t have someone stomping all over my gameplay.

Never thought I’d be doing the absolutely most efficient thing because across any game that trends towards minimum fun/maximum stress, yet…?

edit: minimum fun, maximum…. hm. Something other than stress, because stress can be fun. Maximum…. something non-fun. Maximum work ethic?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Yes, actually. 
Its an exterminate with a secondary objective, and no scaling rewards. This is one of the few times where multiple people dont make it go faster, because spawns dont matter in exterminate and the vilethorn containers are pre-generated in 8 locations. WIth any loot radar mod you should be able to find your singular diplos within a minute then finish the mission in another; Even faster if you optimize for it with something that does passive damage like yareli, gyre, or wisp.

• Like 3

Lets disregard premade groups.

Its a hassle to to do this with randoms, even when explaining the misson at the start and droping a treasure detector that puts markers on the pickups, I've ended up standing at the exit with 1/4 or 2/4. I get its a "new" misson type but there are sadly the silent players that just run to the exit and dont care to engage with anything else (Its like hitting defection in a sortie and having people defend the life support and thinking they are helping). Also, players lagging behind is more annoying than normal exterminate, since the extraction timer does'nt start till 4/4.

This might be first world problem and will be gone when people learn the mission, but if you want to farm all 284 vainthorns fast, solo is the way to go

Edited by Cyloss

I must just be impatient, i got all 284 i needed to build 2 dagath and the dorrclave last night after the update before the hotfix... either way time wise it was faster doing it solo than in a team, but i did feel the spawn rate was kinda terrible as i could easily get to the end and still then have to wait for another 60 mobs to spawn and kill because extraction.

On the other hand doing it in a team in normal or SP is just slower as it generally feels like at least 1 [sometimes 2] people in the squad dont understand/dont bother bringing a Defixios slowing it down... either way im done with this for now it seems and it only used about 7 or 8 beacons [i had got 22 or so ithink, and i have 15 left] because of the random SP into normal squad thing [hotfix]

Its not. You need 5000 standing to do one mission solo, but only 1250 if you're in a 4 ppl group. Also I consistently had 170-200 enemies to kill solo, with very low spawn rates despite Steel Path, and only 130-150 with 4 ppl and much better spawns.

As long as all players know how to find the red beacons it is much more effective to do the mission in a group.

Edited by Traumtulpe

4 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

You need 5000 standing to do one mission solo, but only 1250 if you're in a 4 ppl group.

Remember that it's the host who uses their keys. Always the host and only the host. Unless you can reliably rotate, the host is still losing 5000 standing while the buddies are losing a big fat whopping 0.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Remember that it's the host who uses their keys. Always the host and only the host. Unless you can reliably rotate, the host is still losing 5000 standing while the buddies are losing a big fat whopping 0.

The update notes say that its whomever starts or picks the mission from the lobby is the one that uses up a key. Do you know if whomever picks the mission automatically becomes host then? I was under the impression that whomever invites you is the host for as long as you are together, but I’m fuzzy on how lobbies work.

13 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

This is correct. So that guy will always be spending his beacons no matter who votes on the mission

I see, thanks. The update notes should be clarified then as it gives the impression that the key gets consumed by whomever picks the mission.

Maybe it’s not intended since they say:

Players can tackle the task either solo or with a premade squad - one Abyssal Beacon is consumed upon completing the mission (from the player who started the mission vote).

Edited by MutoManiac

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

This is correct. So that guy will always be spending his beacons no matter who votes on the mission

This is wrong. Whoever starts the mission consumes a key. Source: I have done several rounds in a group and only used 2 keys - having started 2 missions during that time.

• Like 1