Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the new changes, what is a good weapon for the Sentinels now? Especially, Helios Prime

1OfTheUndying

Question

The only time I would swap off of Helios Prime was to level a new pet/Sentinel until I got the Panzer Vulpaphyla and would use that in some Steel Path stuff...

Now that all pets/sentinels have changed, I want to rethink what I equip Helios with. I have only ever given him his default weapon...is anything better for it? Better as in, does more damage...

18 answers to this question

Helios' deconstructor is the best thing for Helios. Other sentinel weapons aren't nearly as good unfortunately. Helio's signature weapon is even better now because it can armor strip thanks to the Vicious Bond mod. 

If you prefer not to use it, then i guess the Verglas since it has high status chance and can be good for inflicting status on enemies and priming them for damage

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 1OfTheUndying said:

I don't remember hearing of this mod and https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Companion_Mods doesn't mention it...where does it drop?

It's a wiki generated by players.  None of the Bond mods have been added to that list yet. 

Vicious is one of the mods available from Son.

Vicious Bond 
Companion melee attacks strip 15% of enemy armor. Melee attacks on enemies recently damaged by Abilities apply the effect in a 9m radius. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Helios' deconstructor is the best thing for Helios. Other sentinel weapons aren't nearly as good unfortunately. Helio's signature weapon is even better now because it can armor strip thanks to the Vicious Bond mod. 

If you prefer not to use it, then i guess the Verglas since it has high status chance and can be good for inflicting status on enemies and priming them for damage

Adding another voice in support of Deconstructor. It's crazy how good the weapon is once you get it fully built. Easily scales into Steel Path.

Here's mine, for an example of what you can do:

Spoiler

0aa40e8d2e3c4fe192086f4986d28cee.jpg

6f19ea133f3f3bad868817283d0a4a39.jpg92264a992d59c0ffd34137fe1e1af5fe.jpg

Because the weapon can't crit, it's an easy dump stat for rivens and there's no need to spend mod slots on crit mods. This opens up tons of room for investing into raw damage and statuses. It's incredibly good as a priming support, but also just hits super hard too.

I've been considering dropping Primed Pressure Point for Primed Fury, once I've gotten 600 login days and can pick the mod up. I need to do some proper testing to see if attack speed actually does anything for Deconstructor though (I've tried taking Fury in a random mission or two, but it didn't feel any different).

• Like 1

Verglas is still good, in fact it's even better be auss there's less chance of the Sentinels spontaneously combusting when an enemy's AI decides to roll to ignore you and focus fire the poor shmuck. But I think the best thing about it, is that with Duplex Bond you can have 4 Aim Botting Glaxions shredding the map AND they reward you with energy orbs on pick up. It's genuinely super good, and in an endless mode you'd be suprise to walk around and see a sea of blue orbs.

If not that, Helios Deconstructor is now very good. Now that it can armor strip, it handles Armor well enough that it's not just a meme anymore. Not only that, but I'm testing Contagious Bond and surprisingly it does work well to suddenly spread either Viral or Heat or Gas, depending on what you use, around for either CO or just damage.

But if you're not into that Helstrum is still a great choice, made even better with Duplex Bond. Because what's better than 1 Status Primer? 4 of them, and let me tell you they can ABSOLUTELY keep up annoying stacks like Primary Frostbite without any issue whatsoever.

Other weapons, I haven't tried but if they function as they did no one would really care because they either had low damage or low utility.

16 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Adding another voice in support of Deconstructor. It's crazy how good the weapon is once you get it fully built. Easily scales into Steel Path.

now could even consider dumping Corrosive for something else, too.

i wonder if Detect Vulnerability will be considered as having 'Damaged' an Enemy, for the AoE effect of Vicious Bond. that's probably not happening, but who knows, in this game.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

now could even consider dumping Corrosive for something else, too.

i wonder if Detect Vulnerability will be considered as having 'Damaged' an Enemy, for the AoE effect of Vicious Bond. that's probably not happening, but who knows, in this game.

I use corrosive because there's no guarantee that Helios will be attacking the same target as me, so I'd want him to be able to strip armor of his own target too. Even if he does attack the same target, it then just doubles the rate of stripping, so it's still a win.

Edited by Hexerin

The best weapons for your sentinel are either the Helstrum for status procs, stun locking, and tagging lots of enemies as assists for certain mods, or the Deconstructor (Prime) so your Sentinel can strip armor.

If you're using the Deconstructor make sure you damage the enemies with an ability and group them up, to get the AoE armor strip. 15% isn't good enough against single targets.

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Reveal hidden contents

0aa40e8d2e3c4fe192086f4986d28cee.jpg

6f19ea133f3f3bad868817283d0a4a39.jpg92264a992d59c0ffd34137fe1e1af5fe.jpg

Because the weapon can't crit, it's an easy dump stat for rivens and there's no need to spend mod slots on crit mods. This opens up tons of room for investing into raw damage and statuses. It's incredibly good as a priming support, but also just hits super hard too.

I've been considering dropping Primed Pressure Point for Primed Fury, once I've gotten 600 login days and can pick the mod up. I need to do some proper testing to see if attack speed actually does anything for Deconstructor though (I've tried taking Fury in a random mission or two, but it didn't feel any different).

You should equip the quick return mod on your deconstructor because it allows Helios to fire it's deconstructor a lot faster, so it's basically just extra fire rate for the weapon. Conditional overload also really works on the deconstructor, amping up it's damage further.

My deconstructor prime build so far consists of primed pressure point, primed fury, quick return, virulent scourge, vicious frost, volcanic edge, conditional overload and a riven that has +heat, cold and status chance but minus attack speed (but primed fury counters the minus attack speed. Haven't been overly lucky to get a god roll yet. Also posting image from URL wasn't working for me so i just typed it out) and that build melts through enemies and you don't even need a riven for it to just absolutely destroy everything.

• Like 1

On 2023-10-22 at 12:38 AM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

One I currently am using verglas with PCR and it will take out SP enemies and slow acolyte etc.

One not mentioned - The Vulklok

Vulklok has I believe the highest damage, has like 35% crit and 25% stat

It's a beast imo. Also will take out SP enemies and I believe Im over 100cc on mine.

Personally don't like the Vulklok because it's fire-rate is horrendous. Would rather use something like the dethmachine rifle or the verglas to keep the attacks up and inflict status rather than have the sentinel fire one shot every few seconds with it's 0.150 base fire-rate. Plus i don't have a riven for it so maybe that makes the difference?

Used to be way better when it had a fire rate of 1 shot per second when it came out originally, got nerfed hard since, and now we have the deconstructor being able to just rip steel path enemies apart in rapid succession, so my hope is for all (or a vast majority of them) of the sentinel weapons to be buffed and praying DE doesn't do the complete opposite and nerf the deconstructor into the ground

True. I'm using verglas with PCR currently. It helps with weakening enemies in SP and in regular missions it takes out enemies very fast. However, the main benefit is the cold proc. Especially with acolytes or other heavy hitters. Yeah the fire rate of vulklok is too low. But, it's a powerful weapon and with the vigilante mods can help buff primaries. But I don't really care much or depend on a companion or sentinel for damage. Having cold is great since I use controller for proccing incarnon.