The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

save me im drowning in relics

ArcherEdMaster

Question

16 answers to this question

I've been saying it for years and will continue to say it; WE NEED A RELIC KIOSK!

I don't care whether they are converted for ducats or void traces, or something else, but I have literally thousands of relics and I'll never open or sell them all in my entire lifespan, so a way to convert them into something more valuable would be a godsend.

• Like 2

On 2023-10-25 at 11:27 AM, Hobie-wan said:

Indeed. Someday they'll let us turn them into traces.

Maybe.

😔

This is what I'd like. I find it to be literally impossible to keep any stock of traces whatsoever, and it's so painful having to crack "worthless" relics for traces just so I can properly crack the relics I actually want to crack. It's anti-fun design.

I often feel like traces decay like argon. I know this isn't true, of course, but considering how I'm consistently (near) empty on them even when I'm not upgrading relics...

• Like 1

If you’ve got something to level or just feel like playing in whatever way the content lets you do, that can be an excuse to incidentally crack some relics and then sell whatever you get from them

Personally I don’t really need anything from them, though if they drop something new that’s always fun. Usually I’m cracking relics as a side effect of just doing stuff, though sometimes Nightwave pops up with one of the goals being to crack relics or something I can do while cracking relics

• Like 1

For me, I crack relics literally any time I have downtime. Waiting on a dojo room to finish? Crack relics. Waiting on a new weapon? Crack some relics. No one online to go have fun with? Crack some relics. And I've noticed something important about this: The more crappy parts I get, the more I can plan on good parts. For example, if you crack 30 relics and end up with 3/4th of a frame actually worth something, you can focus on cracking that gold tier part. Now you have a full set, and that'll sell. I've gone on hour long cracking sprees because I was just waiting on something, and by the time I'm done I look and go "Oh, I have three parts of Wisp Prime, three full Braton primes, and some other stuff." and I know people who will buy junk parts for 1-5 plat which isn't much, but it adds up FAST. And full sets sell even better. Another important thing to remember is primes get vaulted. I have a large amount of Harrow Prime and his weapons, and a good amount of other frames. Those are vaulted. Meaning they are only going up in price as they become rarer and rarer. So that's what I do, but you're free to find your own way of getting through them all.

I'd kill for a transmute recipe.  Heck, I'd maim just to be able to sell them for credits.  Not because I care about credits-- it would just give me a way to consign a lot of my inventory to oblivion, and cut down my relic screen to the ones I might...might consider cracking some day.  And it'd be less tedious than transmuting.

Traces or  ducats would be much better than credits, obviously.   But less likely.  And anybody who thinks it will be more than a paltry number of either is dreaming IMO.  Not without some radical overhaul of the systems involved, anyway.

All that said though, I won't need any of it... ...the second DE gives us a  favoriting system for relics.   I'll happily ignore the thousands I'll never use if we ever get that.  Talk about dreaming though. :/

Well, if cross trade ever becomes a reality, you could probably make a decent amount of Plat, or you could just a lot of them away. 

Whilst I am probably past the point of using them all up, I am still slightly haunted by the time, it took 30+ of one Relic to get the part I needed (well a friend needed), so logically (and by logically, I mean the mind goblin that lives in my head), I need to have at least... 500 Relics of every type, just in case. 

That also being said, I sometimes throw in Relics for free in trades if I know the other person is farming for something specific or rare. 

to me relics are a punishment for people that but prime pack because if you dont buy prime pack you have to crack a lot more relics to get the new primes so you end up with more traces and more junk for ducats so by buying primes i now have no junk to convert and now i have to farm junk for ducats i have always said they need to add a trade in for ducats even if its only 15 per relic or a new game mode to solo open relic on mass in short time the catch is you dont get to pick the drops so its no good for people wanting to farm specific items

I like having a stockpile of relics cus at any moment I can look at my pile of prime parts, see something valuable I'm only missing one or two parts of, and just go farm out those parts like they're not even vaulted and trade the set for an easy 100-200 platinum.

Tho there are a handful of relics I have nearly 100 of and that's just more of any one singular relic than I'll ever open.

To @ArcherEdMaster,

Relics Usages :

1. Get Forma (intact relics + VoidTraces)
  2. Get the prime (with the VoidTraces) or with Rad relics (ESO)
  3. Get some extra 2 weeks before Baro
  4. Get some extra last minute Ducats for Baro
  5. Trade them for Plats...
  6. Give them to a new player (Dojo Contest for Newbies)

Like some players said, A transmutation could really help :

if you have a bunch of radiant relics from eso (had nearly 300 at some point), people in trade chat will bulk by them for like 10p per full trade with lith. 20 trades will give you 200p, but you lose 120 relics in the process so it's not sustainable platinum

• Like 1