Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LIVE NOW: CROSS PLATFORM FRIENDS & CLANS/ALLIANCES

[DE]CoreyOnline

Tenno, Cross Platform Play Clans/Alliances and Cross Platform Friends is live! You can now invite Tenno and/or join a Clan/Alliance and Add Friends from another Platforms. In order to do so, you must have Cross Platform Play enabled (System Options → Toggle on Cross Platform Play).

Read on to learn more about each new Cross Platform feature!

Cross Platform Friends Details:
Provided Cross Platform Play is enabled, you can now add friends from other Platforms! Tenno Friends may appear as either a “Warframe Friend” (from your in-game friends list), a “Platform Friend” (from your console’s friend list), or both! When you hover over someone’s name, it will show which of these they are.

image.jpeg

You can add Cross Platform Friends a number of ways:

• Add someone in your squad by hovering over their username and selecting “Add Friend”
  • Add someone from a recent session under “Recent Players”
    • Pause Menu → Communication → Friends → Recent Players
  • Search for Friends on any Platform by typing their username into the Search bar
    • Pause Menu → Communication → Friends → Search
    • In the event that a username is not unique across all Platforms, you can distinguish accounts with two identifiers:
      • Either the Cross Platform Play Icon or a Platform Specific Icon (if you play on the same Platform) will appear beside each username.
      • A short string of numbers unique to every account will follow the username. Reminder: you can view your account’s short string of numbers via the Pause Menu → Profile → My Profile.

image.jpeg

Cross Platform Clans/Alliance: How to Enable / Disable
Note that while the existing "Cross Platform Play" setting toggle is ON by default, the "Enable Cross Platform Clan" setting is OFF by default.

A Clan's Founding Warlord can enable / disable Cross Platform for their Clan via the Pause Menu → Communication → Clan → Clan Management → Enable Cross Platform Clan.

image.png

image.png

Note: To disable Cross Platform Clans once one has been enabled, all Cross Platform members must be removed from the Clan first.

Cross Platform Play Clan Specifics:

• Tenno joining from a different platform will have access to that Clan’s Dojo, Research progress, and Clan/Alliance chat.
  • Trading Posts in Cross Platform Clans currently only allow trading between players on the same platform, as we’re still exploring options for Cross Platform Trading.
  • Similar to Cross Platform Play Aliases, Clans with Cross Platform Play enabled have a # number associated with it to distinguish it, and will also include the Cross Play icon. :crossplay:
    • The number is displayed in the Clan Profile, Alliance management, and Clan Advertisements screens.
  • Cross Platform Play Clans advertisements are only visible to players on different Platforms who also have Cross Platform Play enabled on their account.
  • The following change was added in the Abyss of Dagath update: Resources refunded from canceling Dojo Rooms and Decorations has been changed to ensure parity between Cross Platform and non-Cross Platform Play Clans. Instead of the resources returning to the contributing players’ inventories, it will now be refunded to the Clan Vault.

Cross Platform Play Alliance Specifics
Located in the Alliance Management Menu, enabling Cross Platform Alliances works the same way as enabling Cross Platform Clans. Select Management → Enable Cross Platform Alliance.

image.jpeg

Note: Only Clan Founding Warlords with the “Ruler” permission within the Alliance can Enable Cross Platform Alliance.

Once Enabled, you can invite Clans created on other platforms to join your Alliance. Keep in mind an Alliance’s Cross Platform settings do not dictate the individual Clans’ Cross Platform settings. For example, if you Disable Cross Platform Alliance, a Clan in your Alliance could still enable Cross Platform Clans and have members from other Platforms among their ranks.

This is a continuation of the many steps that have already been taken towards Cross Platform Play feature parity in Warframe, and is a crucial step towards full Cross Save launching later this year. For now, we’ll be monitoring for feedback and bug reports related to the above launch. We plan to discuss more about our Cross Save developments during Devstream #174. Thank you!

• Like 21

Since there are now many more players and friends playing together, I think the member capacity for all clan tiers should be increased

We are in a shadow clan and we want to invite all our console friends, but we don't want to increase the clan tier due to the research increment costs and removing people who have not played for a long time can create uncomfortable situations, I'm sure many more tennos have this same problem

• Like 17

2 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Trading Posts in Cross Platform Clans currently only allow trading between players on the same platform, as we’re still exploring options for Cross Platform Trading.

I think this is confirmation that cross-trading will not be coming this year. Given it doesn't make sense to announce cross-save details coming by the end of the year within a week, as mentioned in the second to last sentence, yet still leave options for cross-trading if it was coming then so that means that cross-trade is likely not happening once cross-save launches later this year.

We plan to discuss more about our Cross Save developments during Devstream #174

Edited by XHADgaming
  • Like 2

hace 7 minutos, XHADgaming dijo:

I think this is confirmation

No, this don't confirm anything.

hace 11 minutos, XHADgaming dijo:

so that means that cross-trade is likely not happening once cross-save launches later this year.

Furthermore, cross trading is implicit in cross save because the accounts would no longer be subject to a platform, they are global, so it is impossible that it couldn't be traded with other platforms because the division by platforms would no longer exist.

• Like 3

Just now, XHADgaming said:

I think this is confirmation that cross-trading will not be coming this year. Given it doesn't make sense to announce cross-save details coming by the end of the year within a week, as mentioned in the second to last sentence, yet still leave options for cross-trading so that means that cross-trade is likely not happening once cross-save launches later this year.

cross-trading it shouldn't come at any time, the unification of markets within the game shouldn't happen, ps(sony) players even pay to breathe, so it wouldn't be good.

Edited by AleteiaHogryff

Justo ahora, Hobie-wan dijo:

That doesn't make any sense though. Adding a person is adding a person and it shouldn't be conditional based on what platform someone is on. Discriminating against clans that are sticking to one platform versus ones that have people from multiple platforms in regards to research and limits would be unfair.

?????

What are you talking about? I'm referring to increase the clan capacity on ALL platforms, non-cross play included. At no time have I created a differentiation between the two.

2 minutes ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

What are you talking about? I'm referring to increase the clan capacity on ALL platforms, non-cross play included. At no time have I created a differentiation between the two.

Whoops, for distracted in the middle of posting and had a brain fart.

Still, it seems unlikely something like that would change this far into the game.

1 minute ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

No, this don't confirm anything.

Furthermore, cross trading is implicit in cross save because the accounts would no longer be subject to a platform, they are global, so it is impossible that it couldn't be traded with other platforms because the division by platforms would no longer exist.

That is why I said "I think", I know it doesn't confirm anything. They aren't coming out and outright saying it isn't possible. I am just pointing something out with the timeframes given and how it will work in conjunction with the presented features.

And yes while there can be ways of still managing a trade even if you can't directly do it cross-platforms, the inverse is also true, there can be ways of preventing a trade even if you log into your PC account to trade with another native PC account such as only enabling trades on the platform it is created on.

It also doesn't help the wording has been hard to take at face value as I did point a similar issue out back when cross-play was first announced in the dev post, but at the same time this is the wording they chose to use to communicate the features.

Hey Tenno! Here is a list of known issues currently being investigated by the team: 

• Unable to invite someone from another platform to your Clan via Region chat. 
  • Unable to send Friend requests via Region chat. 
  • Attempting to accept Cross Platform Clan request fails. 
  • The "Enable Cross Platform Alliance" option not working when enabled. 
  • Adding Alias # suffix to add Friend does not send request. 
    • Workaround: The Alias # suffix is not required to send Cross Platform Friend requests. Entering an alias without the # will pull up a list to select from if that alias is on multiple platforms. 
Edited by [DE]Danielle
Updated list
  • Like 9

46 minutes ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

Since there are now many more players and friends playing together, I think the member capacity for all clan tiers should be increased

We are in a shadow clan and we want to invite all our console friends, but we don't want to increase the clan tier due to the research increment costs and removing people who have not played for a long time can create uncomfortable situations, I'm sure many more tennos have this same problem

I feel like only players who've played in the past 90 days should count towards clan member count.

45 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

I think this is confirmation that cross-trading will not be coming this year.

Honestly, this doesn't surprise me in the least.

If you look at Destiny 2, their premium currency (Silver) can be bought on any platform... but the Silver can only be spent on the platform on which you bought it. If I buy Silver on my Steam account, then log in on PS5, I see a Silver balance of 0 on PS5. Conversely, if I were to buy Silver on PS5 via the Playstation Store, then log back in under Steam, I would not see the PS5 Silver in my balance there. The things you purchase with Silver (cosmetics, season pass, etc.) will show up on all platforms, but the premium currency itself does not.

And I would lay good odds on this being because of the various terms placed on console store sales.

I mean, even just "how do you deal with platinum balances in a cross-save scenario" could get dicey in Warframe's cross-save environment; I would not be surprised if DE were to end up having to go with a setup similar to D2, where your platinum is platform-specific, even if all the things you might buy with platinum are not. (I would hope they find a way around that, but I will not be at all surprised if they cannot.)

And since Warframe's in-game trading economy is based almost entirely around the game's premium currency, I would imagine that "how do we handle this in a way which does not anger the console platforms" is probably an even more large and thorny issue to wrestle with if they want to tackle cross-platform trading.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PSN)portaljumper2468 said:

My clans founding warlord was online 900+ days ago and they aren't coming back... 

FYI, I believe if your clan's founding warlord is sufficiently idle (I think it's "more than 30 days idle"), you can put in a support ticket to have the founding warlord rank transferred to an active player. I feel like 900+ days would qualify.

• Like 2

• Trading Posts in Cross Platform Clans currently only allow trading between players on the same platform, as we’re still exploring options for Cross Platform Trading.

I'm not saying anything new to DE, but i guess you guys stumbled on a few factors preventing you from implementing cross trade, tennogen being one of them, if the plat switches platforms and gets converted to it's apropriate platform, then the PC plat will make it's way into consoles, killing tennogen PC sales on the spot, valve and the creator cease to have any gains all all sales will be done for plat, an easy to trade premium currency, a paid only skin becomes free to some players.

The plat discounts will also clash with extra plat coupons, so players will switch to the apropriate platorm to make the purchase, if the plat can go everywhere at anytime then it means console players will have the PC discounts and PC users can take benefit into aquiring extra plat on consoles. I'm guessing you guys will split the plat for each platform, so all the plat in the world means nothing on a different platform as it will likely display as 0, but if you allow cross trade then the agreements you have with some companies (sony, microsoft, nintendo) will be all over the place, it won't matter where the player is because he can use a different account to trade back the plat to his main account or he can just trade with other player of different platforms.
Also understand that while you may say "alt accounts can't interact", players will do just that, the exploits will come if cross trade is implemented.

I'm not hopefull, you guys designed warframe in a different way back then, no one could predict cross play would be a thing, but now that it is, the baggage from those ancient times is an heavy weight preventing you guys from moving forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

I second this.

• Like 1

Still no cross-platform squad voice chat?

edit: Last I can find from google-fu'ing is 2022, so this is more a confirmation with maybe a little nudge towards DE if this hasn't been implemented/enabled as of this update.

Edited by Kyitrai
addendum

Hi! For those who find themselves in Clans with an inactive Warlord (30 days or longer), our Support team can assist. Please create a ticket here: http://support.warframe.com/ 

https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us/articles/200049929-Clan-Alliance-and-Dojo-Guide

Spoiler

If the Founding Warlord has been inactive for 30 days or longer they can be replaced by submitting a ticket to our support desk (we want to ensure that all clans can function correctly, which is not possible without at least one active Warlord).
Digital Extremes makes it our policy not to get involved with internal clan matters and any other difficulties that may arise with a Warlord or other players in a clan will generally need to be resolved internally by the clan members involved.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! Here is a list of known issues currently being investigated by the team: 

• Unable to invite someone from another platform to your Clan via Region chat. 
  • Unable to send Friend requests via Region chat. 
  • Adding Alias # suffix to add Friend does not send request. 
    • Workaround: The Alias # suffix is not required to send Cross Platform Friend requests. Entering an alias without the # will pull up a list to select from if that alias is on multiple platforms. 

Update on above! We have just hot-dropped fixes for the following two issues - you may need to relog to attempt the actions again successfully.  

• Like 5