Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen and Cross Platform Save

[DE]Taylor

OK so I think one of the questions that isn't clear.

If you merge/link to a platform, then log into another platform, do the items not available on that platform just become unavailable while on that platform? I thought the purpose of cross save was to allow me to, say, play on the PC, log out, grab my phone, then play there too, then log out, grab my switch, and play there as well.

Because, let's say a founder plays (I'm not one, sadge), and has a Skana Prime equipped. Then said founder gets a Switch, and tries to login there. Does he just not have access to that weapon and needs to grab another?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Cloverskull said:

Assuming NDAs and such, guesstimates are likely the best you're gonna get, sorry.

Maybe. But if they can't even give me convincing reasoning for why I should bend over and get tag-teamed to have cosmetics across my account, they can't expect people to support it further.

I mean, c'mon... "if you want to have what you bought on PC also on consoles you have to pay twice, but we can't tell you why teehee"?

Edited by xBloodySin
  • Like 2

hace 49 minutos, AnActualFrog dijo:

Lots of folks would have also JUST used console plat to buy Tennogen knowing they'll get it merged over to their PC accounts, which is the larger concern.

Console payouts to the artists are likely very different than PC payouts because licensing through each companies store is a nightmare. DE might have done this to prevent folks from loading up on Tennogen via console plat because it probably ends up worse for the Tennogen artists since microsoft/sony/nintendo are taking a cut of the sale. I'm unsure how Valve handles it through steam, but in the past, they're usually the less abbraisive ones about it.

doesnt make sence still we have a a week for cross save. the ones that didnt spend money on the game wont do it now and the one who want to buy tennogen on pc wont buy it twice on console. i think this is lame as my spelling but still great news for cross and sad news for cross progression.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Why don’t Steam PC purchases also give you the console version of the item?
We explored this option, but it, unfortunately, is not an avenue that is available to us. 

this one is weird to me, why ?

but next question is what about old items that are yet to ported to console will those be just never there ?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

Sorry, Taylor, but that's not an answer. "Tough luck, PC, no deal" doesn't cut it as an answer. If I'm expected to be double-dipped if I want to own those cosmetics across all platforms I require an answer that explains the situation and convinces me that was the only option.

Who do you think you are that you require a detailed explanation of the situation? You want to see every single legal agreement they had to make with different platforms or what?

They have explored the option and concluded that it is not possible. Explaining it to you won't change anything.

Tennogen has been around for years. It was always treated differently based on platform for obvious licensing reasons.

• Like 8

hace 1 hora, (PSN)Wolfs-Baine dijo:

I’m a PlayStation account user and I wanted to eventually get the vauban helmet from pc when cross save launched. So is this basically saying I won’t be able to get that helmet because I never had a PC account and purchased it so that I could merge it to my PlayStation account? 

Yep, same issue here with NSW, i luckly had an unused Warframe PC account, but if i knew this would happen, i would have been able to buy a sword skin i wanted, now i cannot do it even though i have that account

• Like 1

Step 1: Buy pc tennogen for real money

Step 2: Make fashionframe out of it

Step 3: Log into console

Step 4: Realize that your fashion is held hostage until you buy it a SECOND TIME for platinum

Please don't say "WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF TENNOGEN ARTISTS?"

It's just a poor excuse for an anti-consumer practice at best.

If you do it like that I won't even think about buying any future tennogen skins.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Turbozis said:

Step 1: Buy pc tennogen for real money

Step 2: Make fashionframe out of it

Step 3: Log into console

Step 4: Realize that your fashion is held hostage until you buy it a SECOND TIME for platinum

Do keep in mind two things: 
1. Your past TennoGen purchases WILL move over thanks to the One Time Transfer
2. ALL new TennoGen purchases will come have a pop-up disclaimer that outlines exactly where your purchase can and cannot be used. This pop-up is already live in game on all Platforms as of 2PM ET Nov 24 

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

To ensure that all future TennoGen transactions are informed purchases, players should already see a new pop-up message outlining how their purchase will work with Cross Platform save:

Purchasing on PC

image.png

Known issue: this copy alludes to PC gifting, which is not possible via Steam. We will update this copy with Whispers in the Wall’s release to remove all mention of gifting. 

Purchasing on Console

ViCM9-9xt_YiuhwXFCvXP67lB7NWYN78EtPvlMTX

• Like 11

36 минут назад, [DE]CoreyOnline сказал:

Do keep in mind two things: 
1. Your past TennoGen purchases WILL move over thanks to the One Time Transfer
2. ALL new TennoGen purchases will come have a pop-up disclaimer that outlines exactly where your purchase can and cannot be used. This pop-up is already live in game on all Platforms as of 2PM ET Nov 24 

So how does being warned about being scammed (i.e. not getting a purchased item for 75% of platforms) make it any better again?

It's still an anti-consumer move.

Also no tennogen on epic games store version in any foreseeable future I guess...

Edited by Turbozis
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

I think the point is that this pop-up will, for some, be met with "Thanks for the reminder, I'll buy something else instead."

This doesn't directly devalue Tennogen, as previous cost analysis never had to consider the matter of cross-save, but it indirectly devalues Tennogen as every other cosmetic purchase will be gaining the new feature of cross-platform use.  It was never a concern before but now Deluxe skins, Voidshell skins, Heirloom skins, Immortal skins, all have an edge over Tennogen skins that may encourage some players to opt to buy and use those skins instead, because they don't require being purchased twice to have your 'look' be cross-platform.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, xBloodySin said:

Maybe. But if they can't even give me convincing reasoning for why I should bend over and get tag-teamed to have cosmetics across my account, they can't expect people to support it further.

I mean, c'mon... "if you want to have what you bought on PC also on consoles you have to pay twice, but we can't tell you why teehee"?

Just because you buy a song on Apple Music, doesn't mean you are entitled to it on Spotify, on Amazon Music, on SoundCloud, on Youtube Music, etc.

This is not hard to understand. Your beef is not with DE but with the other companies that hold the keys to their respective platforms and marketplaces and the licensing and contracts involved.

• Like 10

16 минут назад, kamisama85 сказал:

Just because you buy a song on Apple Music, doesn't mean you are entitled to it on Spotify, on Amazon Music, on SoundCloud, on Youtube Music, etc.

This is not hard to understand. Your beef is not with DE but with the other companies that hold the keys to their respective platforms and marketplaces and the licensing and contracts involved.

All of the mentioned services are cross-platform. Imagine having to pay for subscriptions (or any particular song) multiple times for every single device you're using?

Edited by Turbozis
  • Like 6

hace 10 minutos, kamisama85 dijo:

this is more like if u make google acount u can open drive and fotos on pc but u cant open them in android unless u take them again because tehee XD

• Like 3

If you truly want to protect tennogen creators. Refund the platinum to the consoles that bought tennogen if they migrate to PC. Platinum is just digital currency you can make with 1's and 0's out of thin air.

If they want tennogen, they can buy it through steam.

Even if you paid the creators a lump sum for the skin on console, it's still a fair loss on DE since the company could not predict the game would become cross platform.

Edited by HeatWalk
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, xBloodySin said:

A customer who buys products.

If you're a shill, keep on shilling, and stay away from concerned customers.

17 minutes ago, Turbozis said:

All of the mentioned services are cross-platform. Imagine having to pay for subscriptions (or any particular song) multiple times for every single device you're using?

I think you guys keep forgetting that Tennogen is not sold directly by DE but through Steam and their Workshop which is not cross-platform.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

I think the point is that this pop-up will, for some, be met with "Thanks for the reminder, I'll buy something else instead."

That is the point of this pop-up -- to allow players to make informed decisions. Should someone value the ability to cross-save their cosmetics, then perhaps TennoGen is not the right fit for them. Our goal is to ensure that we are transparent with players before their spend their hard-earned currency because this restriction exists.

I understand if you don't agree with the restriction or hope we took another route. This is an incredibly complex situation, and we have done our best to find a compromise that serves both players and artists as much as is feasible for us. TennoGen is a program that has existed for 8 years, with over 400 items and over 80 artists -- a program that unfortunately was not designed with Cross Platform Save in mind. 

Should new resources or avenues be open to us in the future, we will do our best to explore them. We love TennoGen, we love our artists, and we know how much the community loves them too. Our goal is to do this program right however we can to ensure it thrives for all involved -- the artists, and the players who love their art. 

• Like 24

As one of the people that has been waiting to see how things turned out with cross save/merge I'm happy with this resolution.

Granted I don't particularly trade much so I do have a diffrerent perspective than some of the other commenters more reliant on trading or spending existing stocks of platinum. I do also recognise that there's something of a cruel irony that the risk takers that already bought console Tennogen without prior assurances they would bring them to other platforms get to do exactly that while the hesitant players are alas, out of luck.

Between what we can all assume to involve heaps of legal wrangling, fairness to Tennogen artists, fairness and restrictions with the three console and two upcoming mobile platform operators themselves and last but not least fairness to players (including those who may not keep on top of updates and miss out on any grace periods that I see some commenters were hoping for) I don't think there's going to be a best case where everyone is happy. For console players planning on moving to Steam this is at least a benefit for the Tennogen artists and if there's some issue with buying directly through Steam for some players then Tennogen still exists on the console platorms as it is.

As an aside, is there currently a forum thread for cross save/merge itself or will that be coming in the near future?

Spoiler

The cross platform save news post, its FAQ and the linked cross progression page theirin lacks some specific details I'm interested in such as:

• An exhaustive list of platform locked content.
    • If the platform inspired color pickers get platform locked will I have to sign into those platforms to assign those colors?
  • Can I merge three or four accounts?
    • It's not clear how plural the plural is.
  • What happens with duplicate cosmetics?
    • I think I've avoided that issue (despite great temptation) but I'm still curious.
  • Will it be problematic if I have the same 2FA email address for multiple accounts before I merge them?
    • Since console platforms have used console logins that's a thing I managed to do 🫠
  • Like 4