Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you guys expect from the new update and the next year?

SovietSilviu

I am geniune courious what the comunity expect from the new update and the new year, for me sincerly the only thing i wish to see are more bloody stories, i mean a proper campaing will be nice, they have so much posibility for lore and stuffs, and all we got are some missions 2 times or 3 times a year and thats it.... the grind is funnier when you are folowing a story

EDIT: i wonder if we will get some ak or m4 skin since i understood the new story will be somewhere between 99? or?

Edited by SovietSilviu

Generally speaking, I prefer to keep my own expectations low, and vague, so that I don't over hype or expect too much. That being said, I have been enjoying a lot of the last few years updates, as far as content, small QOL here and there, most new Warframes are hits for me. I like when new things are added. Zariman was one of my fav updates ever, because we got new modes that were decent to great, were got new tile sets, new enemies, new enemies, new systems, new Arcanes, new weapons... 

Whispers in the Wall directly, is going to have new modes, new tile sets, new enemies, new Arcanes, and a cinematic quest update... so I am probably going to enjoy it decently at worse. Past that, we already know we are going to get Infested Liches. I liked/live Kuva Liches and Sisters of Parvos, so... and we also know we are going to get more Incarnons, which I also like... so... 

Warframe 1999 is still a mystery to me, but I consider Whispers in the Wall a pretty big update, Qorvex looks solid, so stuff beyond that is fine to be vague for me. Like, its stuff I give more thought to as it gets closer. I do feel as if we are getting more story content and gameplay orientated stuff to do recently too, compared to 2020/2021, which I don't blame DE for, since Covid/Pandemic, but I feel like they are back in full wing plus Reb seems quite motivated (not to imply Steve wasn't, but he does seem happier working on Soulframe now, which should be the case as far as how many creative people just naturally are). I am actually a bit surprised if/they seem actually able to get Whispers in the Wall released this year as well as Cross Save. I had been anticipating a delay, pushing it to next year. Duviri and Whispers update in one year, is pretty big. 

Oh and I definitely agree about the sentiment as far as story being a great motivator alongside the grind. 

1 hour ago, SovietSilviu said:

for me sincerly the only thing i wish to see are more bloody stories, i mean a proper campaing will be nice, they have so much posibility for lore and stuffs, and all we got are some missions 2 times or 3 times a year and thats it.... the grind is funnier when you are folowing a story

on one hand yes, but at the same time, the amoutn of time and effort it takes for DE to write a decent story would make the update coming out with it take 10 times longer to produce. I'll admit I am curious about the Whispers in the Wall quest as I do like the Entrati lore and would love to learn more about what Albrecht has been up to, but if I had to choose between making new stories post-Warframe 1999 and giving the game updates everywhere else instead, I'm going with the latter.

personally I want more updates like Abyss of Dagath, which not only added but also reworked older content, whether it's a frame rework, some weapons getting buffed, a mission type, a tileset etc... WitW is going to buff Archguns which is great, I'm genuinely looking forward to that, but this needs to be something done more regularly, not just in big updates but in smaller ones too. if we could get "Tenno reinforcement" style micro-updates that address minor issues every few weeks, that'd be pretty great IMO.

i wonder if we will get some ak or m4 skin since i understood the new story will be somewhere between 99? or?

I'm guessing Arthur/Excalibur's AK-esque Rifle from the Warframe 1999 trailer will probably be added as a weapon once the quest is complete, much like Skiajati, Nataruk, Scirocco Amp etc. we usually either get to keep the weapon from the quest or get it or it's BP as a reward.  it could be explained in-universe as an ancient version of the Karak, which has long been considered by many to be a Grineer take on the AK.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

My hope is cross save work perfectly for the rest of time with no issues at all. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Imagine being a Founder, losing everything on your account, and then DE goes on vacation.

They are doing pirouettes on the tightrope and I wish them the best. I really hope cross save has only minor hiccups.

1 hour ago, TeaHands said:

Imagine being a Founder, losing everything on your account, and then DE goes on vacation.

They are doing pirouettes on the tightrope and I wish them the best. I really hope cross save has only minor hiccups.

That's the thing about being a Frounders. DE has backup of the backup of who is a Founder with all their junk in the server. Gurantee a Founder is going to lose all the stuff with the cross save. But DE can fix the issue. Soon.

3 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Generally speaking, I prefer to keep my own expectations low, and vague, so that I don't over hype or expect too much. That being said, I have been enjoying a lot of the last few years updates, as far as content, small QOL here and there, most new Warframes are hits for me. I like when new things are added. Zariman was one of my fav updates ever, because we got new modes that were decent to great, were got new tile sets, new enemies, new enemies, new systems, new Arcanes, new weapons... 

Whispers in the Wall directly, is going to have new modes, new tile sets, new enemies, new Arcanes, and a cinematic quest update... so I am probably going to enjoy it decently at worse. Past that, we already know we are going to get Infested Liches. I liked/live Kuva Liches and Sisters of Parvos, so... and we also know we are going to get more Incarnons, which I also like... so... 

Warframe 1999 is still a mystery to me, but I consider Whispers in the Wall a pretty big update, Qorvex looks solid, so stuff beyond that is fine to be vague for me. Like, its stuff I give more thought to as it gets closer. I do feel as if we are getting more story content and gameplay orientated stuff to do recently too, compared to 2020/2021, which I don't blame DE for, since Covid/Pandemic, but I feel like they are back in full wing plus Reb seems quite motivated (not to imply Steve wasn't, but he does seem happier working on Soulframe now, which should be the case as far as how many creative people just naturally are). I am actually a bit surprised if/they seem actually able to get Whispers in the Wall released this year as well as Cross Save. I had been anticipating a delay, pushing it to next year. Duviri and Whispers update in one year, is pretty big. 

Oh and I definitely agree about the sentiment as far as story being a great motivator alongside the grind. 

about being low expectation, i mean they are owned by tencent right? tencent being one of the big ones, they own rito as well as miniclip supercell, plarium, just to say a few big ones, i mean there is a reason that some cash flow to pe put in de, to alow them have a few more employees to work on coding/bugs and alow the founders to dedicate time for lore/campain revamping old stufs etc? i mean wasnt this a normal thing to do?

about being low expectation, i mean they are owned by tencent right? tencent being one of the big ones, they own rito as well as miniclip supercell, plarium, just to say a few big ones, i mean there is a reason that some cash flow to pe put in de, to alow them have a few more employees to work on coding/bugs and alow the founders to dedicate time for lore/campain revamping old stufs etc? i mean wasnt this a normal thing to do?

I just mean low expectations in a very general, broad, neutral, unassuming way. The next movie I watch, the next meal I eat, the next time I hang out with a friend, I don't set grand expectations or assumptions about should happen, I am pretty free flowing. As far as patterns and predictions go, I have enjoyed Warframe a lot recently, and I'll probably continue to enjoy it for reasons listed earlier. 

- rework of lich system that makes it feel like an actual nemesis instead of a goofy glorified captain vor-like boss with password armor

- less RNG in the whole nemesis system. Get rid of valence fusion, it's stupid. 

- more lich/sister weapons, specifically Kuva Gorgon, Kuva Grakata, Kuva Twin Grakatas

- more weapons in general, increased cadence/frequency of Tenno Reinforcement (we haven't had one in a while)

- Prime Reinforcement. it'll be just like Tenno Reinforcement but for Prime weapons. so they don't need to shoehorn useless weapons/companions (Afuris Prime, shade prime etc) into Prime Access due to fear of never being primed 

- companion weapons to actually DO S#&$ instead of just being lol funny peashooter. Verglas, Helstrum and to a lesser extent Deconstructor shouldn't be the only viable options. Not asking for ludicrous damage as we saw with the bugged Deconstructor (it'd be funny though if they did though) just... make them #*!%ing viable beyond E Prime base star chart

- more incarnon adaptors, with more inspired incarnon modes instead of just BOOM or pew pew ricochet. Both are good don't get me wrong, but we really should have more inspired ways of doing big dmg.

- some love for railjack. I love railjack but holy #*!% it's a terrible experience sometimes. FIX THE PILOT AI SO THEY ACTUALLY SHOOT RADIATORS PLEASE.

- fix crewmate AI in general. I can leave the ship then come back and see boarders not killed (crewmate has zarr/ogris/envoy, yet still not killing, WITH the correct mods), or hazards not fixed, etc etc.

- adjusting railjack armament wreckage drops. it's a painful farm. 1 billion zetki 3 vidar, like come on dude.

- MODDABLE. MERULINA. Allow Magus Drive to affect Merulina.

- most yareli bugs fixed

- hitbox adjustment for yareli on Merulina. for #*!%s sake idk why they can't make it like necramechs.

- Yareli Prime & Kompressa Prime. Kompressa Prime to have BIGGER AOE, and actually usable crit stats instead of the pitiful crap we have now.

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 1

Optimistic - more and more touching up of older mechanics to better fit modern game. maybe they go back and keep working on new player experience so that a pay to skip option isn't even needed

Pessimistic - more and more mobile game mechanics, slowly turning up monetisation and appealing to a new audience that is more receptive to opening their wallets rather than quality

Realist - probably a bit of both

15 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Kompressa Prime to have ... actually usable crit stats

Inshallah

• Like 1