Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It seems we're getting compound elemental damage mods with the update

Jarriaga

7 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

DE's "end of year" updates are always a mess. Without fail.

Saying "always a mess" when we've had a single messed up end of the year update is quite the exaggeration. And that update was also expected to be massively buggy, hence why they even went out and warned us ahead of time that it was a work in progress update when it released. And even in the mess that was RJ, the most apparent bugs were caused by the same old same old, host/client issues. Sadly it wasnt exactly a mode to solo really.

And still during that buggy period I think I had only a fail rate of 5%, with a handful of missions out of 100+ thart ran into progress stoppers, some of which were circumvented by the group. Progress stoppers like getting stuck inside the Crewship in the hangar prior to unlocking the Omni. It was far from unplayable or broken, since a huge chunk of the players were finished with it all in about 2 weeks with pimped out RJs and and intrinsics unlocked.

I cant think of another end of year update that has been "excessively" buggy, I have a hard time thinking of any update that has been "excessively" buggy outside of Empyrean and potentially Duviri with a few progress stoppers. Have we seen buggy content releases? Sure. Have the bugs mattered? No not really.

• Like 4

hace 14 horas, Hexerin dijo:

It literally says "pistol" on the mod, like every other generic secondary weapon mod:

Revelar contenido oculto

f6562da2dc54795e1e81d17d3b3caa8a.jpg

Also, [Citation Needed] on your absurd claim that the books won't be modded like every other weapon in the game.

Not exactly sure why you have this attitude towards me but I'll share my knowledge, like I did last time with Chipper and Kahl missions.

Devstream 175
Chapter: New Arcane NPC
1:15:10-1:16:05

Hope that clarifies that, although, yes, that clearly says pistol on its description, but who knows, could change and they make the first batch of mods for secondaries in 10 years that don't say pistol but Grimoire instead.

Really hoping this mod isn't a one off thing. It looks like a nightmare mod with those sort of stats so there's a chance there might not be other stuff of the sort?

If there is, then weapon builds will be even crazier. I assume it will be independent of other mods so you can mod for electricity or heat without them being fused into it? If so then possibly getting kuva / sister secondary weapons (minus Kuva Nukor for obvious reasons and maybe Tenet plinx since the alt-fire does radiation damage) with magnetic instead of radiation might be the new go-to (at least for me), assuming people want to make use of Galvanized Shot. 

Interested to see what other mods are on the horizon. Something tells me they'll be no viral + something mod or corrosive + something mod (outside of that one Akbronco Prime mod) because being able to have any weapon modded with viral + corrosive + heat would be insane

18 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

hmm, this'll be interesting.. I have a feeling trade chat will go crazy for the Viral Mod if there is one. and the Blast one will go straight in the trash, but probably doesn't exist anyway.

Blast damage has 2 good uses I am aware of. Void Angels and Grineer spy mission drones.

11 minutes ago, Sojufueled said:

Blast damage has 2 good uses I am aware of. Void Angels and Grineer spy mission drones.

Even if blast isn't all that great, a mod that just adds blast flat out could still definitely see some use, especially with builds Galvanized Aptitude / Galvanized Shot / Conditional Overload for the extra damage without using a different weapon as a primer for the bonus damage. 

If there is a blast version of Accelerated Isotope or a Gas / Magnetic version, then i'd hope they come with a good enough secondary effect like +60% damage or +60% crit chance to make them a lot more interesting to people.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Not exactly sure why you have this attitude towards me but I'll share my knowledge, like I did last time with Chipper and Kahl missions.

Devstream 175
Chapter: New Arcane NPC
1:15:10-1:16:05

Hope that clarifies that, although, yes, that clearly says pistol on its description, but who knows, could change and they make the first batch of mods for secondaries in 10 years that don't say pistol but Grimoire instead.

Yea, so you misinterpreted what they said. Like poster below said:

17 hours ago, Alguien said:

Probably a misconception, Grimoire is going to get some exclusive mods called "Tome Mods", but it should still be able to use generic secondary mods (otherwise that book would be very limited compared to every other secondary)

The Tomes aren't unique weapons, they're just another secondary like expected. They're just getting some mods that are designed specifically for them, like you have mods that specifically go on bows or sniper rifles etc.

1 hour ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Something tells me they'll be no viral + something mod or corrosive + something mod (outside of that one Akbronco Prime mod)

Same, although it depends on which dev personality is dominant at the time, "Balance Curator" or "Balance Schmalance". :P  Although I could see maybe melee getting a corrosive mod, since they want to put melee on the upswing.

Just for fun, and making a lot of completely unwarranted assumptions, here are my guesses:

Rifle: Magnetic / Magazine

Shotgun: Blast / Punch Through

Melee: Gas / Heavy Efficiency or Corrosive / Combo Duration

I really don't like that Rifle mod, but hopefully magnetic status is getting a buff.  (Inflicted on enemies.  We know mag status is getting a nerf on players.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malikili said:

Seems like one of the only form of modding balance also went out the window

I can hear the nerfs on galvanized mods incoming. On the plus side we can rejoice for condition overload users.

Hah! Not like players were building for balance anyways when they jump into Sorties with a Steel Path build; the options may be comparable with each other on their own merit for what they’re designed for, how they’re used and combined and then where they’re taken is a different matter.

Wouldn’t mind seeing what kind of nerfs other mods might receive though. It’ll probably break some builds but then players’ll whine, then just make new ones to live in

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

55 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Same, although it depends on which dev personality is dominant at the time, "Balance Curator" or "Balance Schmalance". :P  Although I could see maybe melee getting a corrosive mod, since they want to put melee on the upswing.

Just for fun, and making a lot of completely unwarranted assumptions, here are my guesses:

Rifle: Magnetic / Magazine

Shotgun: Blast / Punch Through

Melee: Gas / Heavy Efficiency or Corrosive / Combo Duration

I really don't like that Rifle mod, but hopefully magnetic status is getting a buff.  (Inflicted on enemies.  We know mag status is getting a nerf on players.)

Corrosive + combo duration would actually be somewhat neat, especially on slower weapons or weapons that use heavy attacks very often (and melees with incarnons for obvious reason). Would release any other combo duration mod and you get an additional element as well if you mod for viral + heat / electricity. I know rifles have the primary obstruct arcane that lets magnetic procs do a radial weapon jam with a cooldown so there might be some niche for that rifle mod idea, but feel like those mods would need a stronger secondary effect to tempt more people into using them, but all of them could still be strong benefits if you par them with the galvanized mods / conditional overload.

Magnetic, Blast and Gas all need some sort of buff to make them more viable instead of every weapon being modded for viral + heat or corrosive + heat. Only time i've ever intentionally added Magnetic on to a weapon is the Kuva Nukor and Tenet Plinx via the bonus elemental buff the lich weapons and then still modded for viral / heat or corrosive / heat. 

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Magnetic, Blast and Gas all need some sort of buff to make them more viable instead of every weapon being modded for viral + heat or corrosive + heat. Only time i've ever intentionally added Magnetic on to a weapon is the Kuva Nukor and Tenet Plinx via the bonus elemental buff the lich weapons and then still modded for viral / heat or corrosive / heat. 

Gas at least has some powerful niche uses.  (I'd say basically the same for radiation.) Magnetic's niche is almost non-existent once somebody has a full suite of toxin mods and leverage.  Blast is just funny. (But I really like Punch Through, so that hypothetical Blast/PT mod might get some use out of me on a few shotguns.)

1 minute ago, Waeleto said:

I can already see these mods being sold 1-2k plat in trade chat, assuming there is one for viral of course

Depends how easy it is to obtain them, but i can see viral and maybe corrosive being very popular.

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Gas at least has some powerful niche uses.  (I'd say basically the same for radiation.) Magnetic's niche is almost non-existent once somebody has a full suite of toxin mods and leverage.  Blast is just funny. (But I really like Punch Through, so that hypothetical Blast/PT mod might get some use out of me on a few shotguns.)

Radiation is decent against a lot of enemies, and it's good for cc as well since enemies will attack each other instead, and gas has it's niches while Magnetic really needs a buff against non-shielded enemies, but your weapons will almost never have them unless they already have it in the weapon themselves (Nukor, Battacor and Cyanex for example) or you get radiation or magnetic as a bonus element to your kuva / tenet weapons (i went with radiation on all of my weapons aside from Kuva Nukor and Tenet Plinx which have magnetic since it's an additional elemental type, although i do have a second kuva nukor that has impact on it which is funny for cc and easy mercy kills).

If there are a lot of these new compounded elemental mods then builds would be a lot more interesting to have, but unless you can't have multiple of those mods on one build, i can pretty much see people running "rainbow builds" with weapons that have like 7+ different elemental effects at once which'll be pretty funny to see imo.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I promise you viral/corrosive mod will be in every YouTuber's build for the next year or so.

Pretty much facts, unless the amount of elemental damage given and the secondary effect (if they have one) aren't that great? +60% Radiation damage is pretty good at least, and +40% firerate is decent if you want weapons with higher firerate. Pretty good mod for what it is, but they might not replace current builds completely, especially if there's only so few of them released.

Wouldn't be surprised if next year every youtuber's weapon builds have those mods and a god-tier riven for the weapon, assuming those mods have good stats and more then two or three are released?

• Like 1

hace 2 horas, Hexerin dijo:

The Tomes aren't unique weapons, they're just another secondary like expected.
They're just getting some mods that are designed specifically for them, like you have mods that specifically go on bows or sniper rifles etc.

So; they are unique secondary weapons that can be modded differently from other secondaries, thanks for confirming.

And I presume that because of these special mods for them, they are releasing compound elements on those others to save slots, as otherwise there would be conflicts when modding the Grimoire and we wouldn't get to explore their unique mods were we to focus entirely on modding them just like another secondary. Makes sense why are we getting them.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

So; they are unique secondary weapons that can be modded differently from other secondaries, thanks for confirming.

And I presume that because of these special mods for them, they are releasing compound elements on those others to save slots, as otherwise there would be conflicts when modding the Grimoire and we wouldn't get to explore their unique mods were we to focus entirely on modding them just like another secondary. Makes sense why are we getting them.

Basically. They can use secondary mods like every other secondary but they get exclusive mods, like how snipers have their own mods but can use most other rifle mods as well for example. 

Also depends what those special mods for the tomes are and how good they are? If they allow for the tomes to be more unique but still powerful then that would be great, but if it is just simple +damage mods or whatever but just made specifically for tomes, then that wouldn't be interesting. 

hace 2 minutos, crimsonspartan1 dijo:

Also depends what those special mods for the tomes are and how good they are? If they allow for the tomes to be more unique but still powerful then that would be great, but if it is just simple +damage mods or whatever but just made specifically for tomes, then that wouldn't be interesting. 

Pablo (the better one, not me) said the new mods would be of two types, aura and strike, adding "variety and flavour" to Tomes.
Aura would go on the exilus, providing utility, which sounds interesting since exilus mods never grant anything DPS related, and I presume is the weapons' exilus and not the frame's, and then Strike would be "specific twists only available to the Tomb", so perhaps it makes them behave like other weapon archetypes, that's what I imagine since the Grimoire has two fire modes by default.

Don't think they'll be lacking in uniqueness, but we'll have to see about performance.
They may be good, but not revolutionary.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Pablo (the better one, not me) said the new mods would be of two types, aura and strike, adding "variety and flavour" to Tomes.
Aura would go on the exilus, providing utility, which sounds interesting since exilus mods never grant anything DPS related, and I presume is the weapons' exilus and not the frame's, and then Strike would be "specific twists only available to the Tomb", so perhaps it makes them behave like other weapon archetypes, that's what I imagine since the Grimoire has two fire modes by default.

Don't think they'll be lacking in uniqueness, but we'll have to see about performance.
They may be good, but not revolutionary.

Huh, interesting. I'll eagerly wait to see what's in store then. Tomes might be a very fun weapon type to play with. I just have to hope the "Auras" provide some very good (and fun) utility and the "Strikes" are worth replacing other mods over. 

43 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

That's literally not what I said at all, but I'm done responding to this. You'll see when the update goes live, that there's nothing unusual or new about the tomes.

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

That's literally not what I said at all, but I'm done responding to this. You'll see when the update goes live, that there's nothing unusual or new about the tomes.

I think they meant they are unique in the sense that they get unique mods, not in the sense that they have completely different mods compared to secondaries, but i could be wrong in my assumption?

Would make zero sense for Tomes to be completely separate from secondaries when the weapon is described as being a new "secondary weapon type" and if it was it's own thing with it's own mods, then we'd need tons of new mods to justify using them over every other secondaries and we'd need way more tomes then just the single one coming in the update.