The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only 5 weekly allowances for Two new arcanes at 5.62% chance each to obtain them.. Is this acceptable to you?

Daddy.bulbs

DE has a long history of pushing grinds way beyond what any human being would consider remotely reasonable to see if they can get away with it

It happened with the first arcanes (which they did get away with for years until only literally this update did they sort it out)
It happened with Litch weapons
It happened with Railjack componants
It happened with Arcon shards.

And probably about a million other things (My personal favorite is Braton vandal which took me 3 months of grinding several hours a day to get. Not worth it. Never try to get that weapon). Every major update they try this garbage.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

DE has a long history of pushing grinds way beyond what any human being would consider remotely reasonable to see if they can get away with it

It happened with the first arcanes (which they did get away with for years until only literally this update did they sort it out)

And probably about a million other things (My personal favorite is Braton vandal which took me 3 months of grinding several hours a day to get. Not worth it. Never try to get that weapon). Every major update they try this garbage.

Fr the braton and lato vandal grind as well as the brakk and detron can be painful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

..... for people wondering why i made this post....I did my 5 netracells this week.... my impression thus far well i will let you figure it out based off my drops.... 5/5 i got a "melee arcane adapter"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

The fact someone can just farm Steel Path and buy packs until they bypass Eidolons is sad.

It would be, if legendary Eidolan arcanes didn't take literal years to farm. The vast majority of players that actually have these things ether farmed them from Scarlet Spear or Orphix Venom event, or bought them from people that farmed them that way. Barely anyone actually has the tolerance to do the, between 400 and 4000, Eidolan runs it takes to max these out. Especially with their frustrating time schedule BS.

They coulda found a better solution. Like each set of arcanes having their own thing they dissolve into that can only be used to make arcanes from the same set. But something had to be done about that nightmare. And frankly, it took them way too long to do anything about it.

6 hours ago, Cerenax said:

Are you aware that most of the veteran players own well over a hundred melee weapons? Melee is the most crowded weapon class in the game. Putting an adapter on every owned melee weapon means a whole year of grinding the new syndicate every single day for old time players.

INB4 "But you don't need to put one on every weapon"...

There's more ranged weapons than there are melee weapons... and it's even worse when you consider melee has more variants of the same exact weapon type than ranged. Unless a weapon has some sort of gimmick or passive attached to it all "swords" are functionally the same with just a variance in stats as their attacks are tied to a mod rather than the weapon itself; unlike ranged weapons where their function is tied to the weapon itself.

The amount of people who are going to bother with unlocking the arcane slot for every single melee weapon including MR fodder and lower stat duplicates is extremely low. Even if someone did that, it's relatively easy compared to getting both arcanes maxed.

I think DE in general misses the point of weekly/daily limitations. Rewards should actually feel good to earn and doesn't need insane amounts of RNG. With how DE is doing weeklies, the progress between two people ends up worse than grinds with no time-gate. Items being tradeable isn't an excuse for it either, especially given how garbage the trading system is in addition to other flaws pertaining to account security that is likely never being addressed.

Edited by Yamazuki
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

I think DE in general misses the point of weekly/daily limitations. Rewards should actually feel good to earn and doesn't need insane amounts of RNG. With how DE is doing weeklies, the progress between two people ends up worse than grinds with no time-gate. Items being tradeable isn't an excuse for it either, especially given how garbage the trading system is in addition to other flaws pertaining to account security that is likely never being addressed.

You hit the nail on the head. No idea why people are ok with some of these grinds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

It would be, if legendary Eidolan arcanes didn't take literal years to farm. The vast majority of players that actually have these things ether farmed them from Scarlet Spear or Orphix Venom event, or bought them from people that farmed them that way. Barely anyone actually has the tolerance to do the, between 400 and 4000, Eidolan runs it takes to max these out. Especially with their frustrating time schedule BS.

They coulda found a better solution. Like each set of arcanes having their own thing they dissolve into that can only be used to make arcanes from the same set. But something had to be done about that nightmare. And frankly, it took them way too long to do anything about it.

I have about 70 harry captures. I dont know exactly how many, maybe im wrong. I think i only ever got energize to drop like twice. 

Waaaay back when i used a combination of buying prime access and rolling and selling rivens in trade chat to eventually get all the "good" arcanes.

Then DE said screw you do it again, with the arcane changes. But hey at least scarlet spear wasnt unbearable.

But. Yeah. 

Eidolon hunts are aids.

2 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

The fact the vandal weapons are such an insane grind and it never got fixed and the weapons arent even good is just lol.

I could at least sorta defend the arcane thing because theyre *good*. Sorta. 

The only sorta band aid right now is that theyre tradeable.

I will wait, like I waited out Railjack, Necramech and Quills grind reduction. I mean, let's get real:

- only 5 chances per week;

- 5%ish drop chance;

- you don't need it to kill trash mobs;

- you can't use it to defeat the key bosses;

- it's melee multishot, so marked for nerf since inception.

Edited by Hayrack
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Don't forget the Focus System and Login Rewards.

RIP Zenistar.

19 hours ago, Voltage said:

The fact someone can just farm Steel Path and buy packs until they bypass Eidolons is sad.

Maybe to the people who enjoy Eidolons. How long do you think it takes to farm Steel Path to bypass Eidolons?

With this dissolution system, after SEVERAL YEARS of playing Warframe accumulating unusable, unwanted, unsellable arcanes, I got:

13 Aegis

17 Barrier (which I didn't even know was anything "special.")

16 Energize

25 Fury

5 Grace

31 Guardian

21 Trickery

and of course more unusable, unwanted, unsellable others.

It's not like you just take a few minutes and ho-hum kill a couple Accolytes and now you've got this endless supply of max rank Arcane Energize you can sell for 2100p each.

You wanna talk about sad, lemme tell ya about my latest Eidolon run where I was totally an INVOLUNTARY leecher...

21 hours ago, vixenpixel said:

I think these are going to sell at 450-500p per r0 as a result of the limited nr per week farm. Maybe in future DE will add additional drop options for this though.

Yeah probably, if someone decides to sell them.

20 hours ago, Daddy.bulbs said:

Yes i am not a fan of . Rng with a weekly lookout . It isnt even about the item. It is about the fact its limited mission reminds of mmo's.

Yep, same. I'm not really sweating over not getting those two arcane as such, but the whole system involved in getting them is a massive poop show, it is a real quest on the poopdeck in the murkiest waters imo. I'm still amazed they went from a great release like AoZ which was the first Rebb-in-charge release, that gave great hope to the future, to WitW and the systems surrounding it when it comes to loot. If I hadnt known better I might have thought I accidentally logged into a mobile WF rip-off and not actually WF.

How they can go from AoZ to this is mindbending and hard to fathom. Though Duviri started to flash some red lights with the lack of evergreen rewards planned for Circuit and the state Arcane farming was in at release. And then the evergreen "improvement" turned out to be rivens... Right now DE are starting to really pile up bad decisions one after the other, which is sad. Veilbreaker/Kahl, Duviri arcane progress, Hierlooms, planning to sell quest progress and now finally the WitW systems surrounding arcanes and shards.

Another funny thing with WitW is that there is absolutely zero point to run Steel Path, since for some reason Acolytes dont spawn in the lab tiles. So we have the bonus S#&$ boss that is enabled in SP and nothing else. Did they forget to flip the emo henchmen switch or willingly decided to grant no specific SP loot in the lab?