Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow march of Exalted weapons becoming obsolete.

Lancars

funny how Precision intensify could massively help exalted weapons, but doesnt effect them at all.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Precision_Intensify

On 2023-12-14 at 11:09 PM, Shinjukunoyopparai said:

NFCJnfi.jpg

Here, in ability screen, Exalted blade shows increased stats with precision intensify.

8438SjF.jpg

-But in here, Exalted blade doesn't have increased stats nor increased status chance from chromatic blade.

I don't have much time for now so I can't crosscheck with other exalteds, but even in the mission, it doesn't apply.

+Edit: Mesa's 4, Baruuk's 4, Ivara's 4, Sevagoth's shadow claws stats, Titania's 4, Wukong's 4, Valkyr's 4 also are not affected by precision intensify at all.

+Edit2: Might be a tooltip error? I tested it after, it seems, instead of 60% status chance, I see exalted blade applying status everytime when I hit something that is prone to status procs, which is supposed to be achieved with 189% power strength. not so sure about damage output though.

• Like 3

I mean, they are still strong as ever.

There is even the new precision intensify mod that exists although I think that is quasi bugged with exalteds so we will have to see if that gets fixed.

Oh that isn't enough?

Points to new elemental Archon Shards.

Points to Archon mods.

Points to new WF IC Mod.

Points to Crimson Archon Shard, and the other two.

Points to WF arcanes.

What do you mean they are becoming obsolete? They gotten more tools to play with in the past year and a half then they did when they were released!

Am I the only person that is just realizing how much power can be given to exalted weapons that people just aren't using and are neglecting in favor of calling them obsolete? Just because they aren't getting anything direct doesn't mean they are going anywhere or in danger of becoming obsolete anytime soon. Hey look this guy thinks Mesa and Baruuk 4 is obsolete, said no one ever! Meanwhile I am over here realizing there is some busted synergy with archon flow on a Twin to upkeep its staff drain it has or looking at the new archon shards for synergy. Yes there is some problems with specific ones like Talons having some bugged synergy interactions that only I seemed to manage to find since nobody else took the time to equip two mods and some other exalteds simply existing like balefire but as a whole I do not think they are in danger of being classified as obsolete.

• Like 2

At this point, I've tested all of the Arcanes, none of which translate to Exalted Blade which is likely intentional. Pseudo Exalted should've received a massive buff since a lot of these new arcanes translate to it, my current primary arcane being Retaliation. I haven't spent much time running my Prisma Skana Slash Dash build with how absurd Contagion is now.

2 hours ago, Numerounius said:

Am I the only person that is just realizing how much power can be given to exalted weapons that people just aren't using and are neglecting in favor of calling them obsolete? 

All Exalted weapons just got a 60% strength buff with Grimoire, so I agree, they're still quite powerful and even more so after the patch. Even excluding the fact that they have Exilus mod slots now.

3 hours ago, Lancars said:

With the new melee stuff that came out its one more step to exalted and pseudo exalted weapons being left behind. All I can really say.

List of recent buffs to Exalted Weapons:

-Grimoire +60% strength that should snapshot (haven't validated)

-Exilus mods

-[Precision Intensify] if it worked properly on Exalted weapons

-New archon shards, especially Violet, which doubles Crimson's previous melee CD bonus

-New radiation mods allow things like Exalted Blade to get a 3rd element while maintaining heat or toxin as its primary damage source

-Can full armor strip natively with +2x2 corrosive, depending on how its built.

Buffs for Pseudo-Exalted:

-New archon shards, especially Violet, which doubles Crimson's previous melee CD bonus

-Melee arcanes appear to apply, especially the +240% corrosive one that only requires a rank0 to get to max. For some builds, this means you can full armor strip now with the arcane and +2x2 corrosive from emerald archon shards.

Personally, I haven't been using Exalted Blade this patch. I quickly realized how absurdly powerful my Daikyu+nikana zaw build was with Contagion once again, which got a face lift this patch after lying dormant for the last year or so. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

funny how Precision intensify could massively help exalted weapons, but doesnt effect them at all.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Precision_Intensify

At the time when I wrote down that report, I had almost no time to test so I couldn't confirm if it's actually not working or only the individual exalted weapons' arsenal numbers don't refer this correctly. After further tests, it seems like it's just tooltip error rather than actually not functioning at all on exalteds. Apologies for false alarm.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Shinjukunoyopparai said:

At the time when I wrote down that report, I had almost no time to test so I couldn't confirm if it's actually not working or only the individual exalted weapons' arsenal numbers don't refer this correctly. After further tests, it seems like it's just tooltip error rather than actually not functioning at all on exalteds. Apologies for false alarm.

oh really? awesome, though it was a pretty convincing error.

On 2023-12-18 at 10:56 AM, Agall said:

-Exilus mods

-New radiation mods allow things like Exalted Blade to get a 3rd element while maintaining heat or toxin as its primary damage source

-Melee arcanes appear to apply, especially the +240% corrosive one that only requires a rank0 to get to max. For some builds, this means you can full armor strip now with the arcane and +2x2 corrosive from emerald archon shards.

Personally, I haven't been using Exalted Blade this patch. I quickly realized how absurdly powerful my Daikyu+nikana zaw build was with Contagion once again, which got a face lift this patch after lying dormant for the last year or so. 

Sounds like its weaker if you're not using the grimoire.

EDIT: There is also the problem that the stance mobs for exalted weapons don't increase mod capacity so you can't put as much into them as a normal melee weapon.

Edited by Lancars

The problem I see with some of the points made by Numerounius and Agall is that things like Archon Shards and Warframe Arcanes can ALSO affect regular melee weapons, which DO NOT require constant energy to be used (and have access to mods like Blood Rush and Rivens). Plus, for an Exalted you ALSO have to change your Warframe Build around it (something that isn't really needed for the use of a regular melee weapon).

I understand that regular melee weapons would be disregarded completely without all the things they have at their disposal, but with the new Melee Arcanes not being eligible on Exalted Melees it feels like I have to change too many things around the ability when regular melees DO NOT require the constant use of energy or changing a Warframe's Build (or using the Grimoire thing, for example).

But then again, I haven't done a full analysis to check if the trade-offs of Exalted Weapons are still objectively justified for the power they can give (I'm just saying it feels like that's not the case anymore).

On 2023-12-18 at 7:56 AM, Agall said:

-Exilus mods

I like how you list out all these buffs, and then point out how you're not bothering to use them in favor of a zaw.

Like, all those are nice, yeah. But the arcanes add a lot.

Also exalted weapons still not being able to use acolyte mods in 2023 is just so antiquated. 

On 2023-12-18 at 6:57 AM, Numerounius said:

I mean, they are still strong as ever.

There is even the new precision intensify mod that exists although I think that is quasi bugged with exalteds so we will have to see if that gets fixed.

Oh that isn't enough?

Points to new elemental Archon Shards.

Points to Archon mods.

Points to new WF IC Mod.

Points to Crimson Archon Shard, and the other two.

Points to WF arcanes.

What do you mean they are becoming obsolete? They gotten more tools to play with in the past year and a half then they did when they were released!

Am I the only person that is just realizing how much power can be given to exalted weapons that people just aren't using and are neglecting in favor of calling them obsolete? Just because they aren't getting anything direct doesn't mean they are going anywhere or in danger of becoming obsolete anytime soon. Hey look this guy thinks Mesa and Baruuk 4 is obsolete, said no one ever! Meanwhile I am over here realizing there is some busted synergy with archon flow on a Twin to upkeep its staff drain it has or looking at the new archon shards for synergy. Yes there is some problems with specific ones like Talons having some bugged synergy interactions that only I seemed to manage to find since nobody else took the time to equip two mods and some other exalteds simply existing like balefire but as a whole I do not think they are in danger of being classified as obsolete.

All of those things apply to melee weapons too. It isnt like exalted or pseudo exalted weapons have gotten any buffs that melee weapons *havent*.

Garuda's talons are now irrelevant. You're significantly worse off than if you used say, venka prime and thats not even considering the fact riven mods exist.

6 hours ago, -CRONO- said:

The problem I see with some of the points made by Numerounius and Agall is that things like Archon Shards and Warframe Arcanes can ALSO affect regular melee weapons, which DO NOT require constant energy to be used (and have access to mods like Blood Rush and Rivens). Plus, for an Exalted you ALSO have to change your Warframe Build around it (something that isn't really needed for the use of a regular melee weapon).

I understand that regular melee weapons would be disregarded completely without all the things they have at their disposal, but with the new Melee Arcanes not being eligible on Exalted Melees it feels like I have to change too many things around the ability when regular melees DO NOT require the constant use of energy or changing a Warframe's Build (or using the Grimoire thing, for example).

But then again, I haven't done a full analysis to check if the trade-offs of Exalted Weapons are still objectively justified for the power they can give (I'm just saying it feels like that's not the case anymore).

My personal opinion is:

Baruuk is is probably fine because the stats are so good, his augment is so good, and his 4 has such a massive AOE.

Wukong is debatable but should probably be able to.

Excalibur isnt good enough in his current state. 

Garuda's talons should absolutely be able to.

9 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I like how you list out all these buffs, and then point out how you're not bothering to use them in favor of a zaw.

Also exalted weapons still not being able to use acolyte mods in 2023 is just so antiquated. 

The arcanes absolutely add alot.

13 hours ago, Lancars said:

Sounds like its weaker if you're not using the grimoire.

EDIT: There is also the problem that the stance mobs for exalted weapons don't increase mod capacity so you can't put as much into them as a normal melee weapon.

I haven't had an issue with mod capacity on EB, it does require every slot polarized, even while using high drain mods like the Umbra set.

Of course its 'weaker' if you're not using something that gives you +60% strength, same as any ability being 'weaker' if you haven't gotten 250 kills with Molt Augmented or aren't using it at all. Grimoire can kill SP enemies with ease on its own when built right, very specifically requiring a heat > corrosive setup, which'll equate out to 226 vs 220 damage.

6 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I switch between builds, I ran some more tests while doing the SP event boss thing. Sometimes I really want to use a particular build, most of yesterday being my Grimoire EB build. My contagion zaw build and EB build were equivalent in killing the end boss, but EB was dramatically better at killing SP Whisper 'book' boss thing. Noting this build uses full Violet melee CD archon shards and wrathful advance at 237-297% strength.

I have several builds I switch between, including a slash dash build that uses an incarnon, since neither of those builds can do much slash damage from slash dash, EB being an exception since the waves it throws do plenty, but still very little slash damage.

I just personally think they're in a fine spot and even got recent buffs (talking melee specifically, if not Exalted Blade since I don't use other exalted weapons) that I mentioned before.