Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

I dont want to lose 8 years of progress because of migration

On 2023-12-19 at 8:45 PM, ratchetgamma said:

It's honestly a complete blindside to know that my two 6000+ hour accounts are Ineligible for merge because of a one time account transfer that was advertised as a "Get it or miss out" gimmick back in like 2017 I have honestly never used the switch account and I am in actual shock that I can't keep all my mastery and skins in one place.... Please let me do something about it :(

You stated that you "honestly never used the switch account" then why would you even do the 1 time account transfer back then if you had no plans to play warframe on switch?

If something was advertised as a "get it or miss out" feature but you had no plans to play warframe on switch, then you still shouldn't have did the account transfer because it still makes no sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phoenix_Rose said:

You stated that you "honestly never used the switch account" then why would you even do the 1 time account transfer back then if you had no plans to play warframe on switch?

If something was advertised as a "get it or miss out" feature but you had no plans to play warframe on switch, then you still shouldn't have did the account transfer because it still makes no sense.

They marketed the switch version, showed it at tennocon several times, never once mentioned it would have anything to do with cross save.

To me, it feels like a punishment for trying to support a new release. If I was warned I would never have cloned.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Phoenix_Rose said:

I know this isn't directed at me, but I migrated my PC account to switch because I thought I wanted to play on switch.  I played for a month and didn't like playing on the platform.  I'm not asking to merge my switch account.  I want to merge my PC and PSN accounts.  DE can delete or ban my switch account for all I care.

• Like 10

Looking through the forums to make an educated decision, I've not only realized that what I want to do with my accounts is not able to be done, and many other players are in the same boat as I am.

While I understand the need for certain migration restrictions in order to prevent the abuse that would follow from an unrestricted system, what we have now is TOO restricted. This was a good step to make in bringing Cross Save to Warframe, but for those of us that jumped on the first account migration did so not knowing there would be a much better opportunity down the road. Those of us that migrated accounts years ago are now being forced to make a very tough decision on making sacrifices to link/merge accounts.

I myself simply want to merge my Xbox account to my PC account, and keep everything from both. But since I migrated my PC account to my Switch years ago, I'm unable to do that. I could just go ahead and link all of my accounts to my PC account, but I would be losing an unacceptable amount of money doing so.

So in speaking for myself and other players with the same situation I have, it should be logical that if we want to merge an unaffected account (my case the xbox) with our PC account, it should be allowed since we paid for what we paid for. I do NOT want to be able to merge a migrated account (in my case the switch) back in to the main account for obvious reasons. I am completely comfortable overwriting my Switch account with the PC account, but not another account I essentially built up from scratch.

A solution I would like to pitch: One account will permanently be set as the primary account, and each platform will have one merge slot that will be a one time set.
Example being (for accounts that never migrated): I choose my PC account to hold primary status, and I can merge 1 account from each platform. So everything I have on the Switch, the Xbox, and Playstation will not be lost. With every platform account now locked into the link, they cannot be changed. If anyone ends up having account issues, technical support could provide functional solutions and a potential reconnect depending on the situation.

An Example for accounts that have migrated in the past: I choose my PC account to hold primary status and will merge 2 unaffected accounts (Xbox and Playstation), but will have to overwrite the Switch account to link since that one was the account that was migrated. Rules will follow the same as the previous example.

The goal here is to allow previously migrated accounts to still merge unaffected accounts ONCE so there is no money wasted and to still prevent as much abuse as possible.

• Like 7

I agree and your solution sounds great. Hell I’d even accept just needing to erase the switch account entirely as a valid solution.

and in my case I want to merge my ps and Xbox accounts mostly…my pc I would very much rather keep but I could let it go even if I’d rather not. But right now I dunno if setting my ps account to my primary would let me merge Xbox or not. 

So unless someone else has tried this it’s a massive risk to even attempt to merge at all. 

At this point I honestly just want some word on this issue given it’s clearly effecting alot of users and the original faq said nothing about this if I recall right and the current one can be read to mean it is possible with accounts that were not merged before as in the non switch accounts for many of us.

• Like 1

(The first paragraph is more of a generalized statement.)

To be a bit more fair to DE, you have to keep in mind that account merge is not a industry standard. It is a very large exception to the rule. I see a lot of people complain that account restrictions mean that they will not be able to merge accounts. But when you were playing on multiple accounts, were you playing with the idea that you are going to be able to merge accounts? Because i certainly was not. I don't think i have ever heard of a game that allows you to merge accounts. So an account merge for me is a very nice surprise.

On the other hand, i see where you are coming from. Seeing others that can merge their accounts but you cannot for a reason that was never disclosed to you when making that choice is extremely unfair. I do think that they should loosen their guidelines for merge qualifications.

Especially in your case. Where the copied account isn't even the one being merged. That sucks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Itz2Cat said:

(The first paragraph is more of a generalized statement.)

To be a bit more fair to DE, you have to keep in mind that account merge is not a industry standard. It is a very large exception to the rule. I see a lot of people complain that account restrictions mean that they will not be able to merge accounts. But when you were playing on multiple accounts, were you playing with the idea that you are going to be able to merge accounts? Because i certainly was not. I don't think i have ever heard of a game that allows you to merge accounts. So an account merge for me is a very nice surprise.

On the other hand, i see where you are coming from. Seeing others that can merge their accounts but you cannot for a reason that was never disclosed to you when making that choice is extremely unfair. I do think that they should loosen their guidelines for merge qualifications.

Especially in your case. Where the copied account isn't even the one being merged. That sucks.

By no means do I want to sound ungrateful, and I do see this as a nice surprise as well. Before the news was announced I did think all of my accounts would remain separate. Now that this option exists, I simply want to see the chance for it to be more efficient. If DE is willing to tweak their boundaries a little bit I would absolutely love to be able to have one account across all platforms. I acknowledge that they did not need to bring cross save functionality, but since they have made the decision to do so I simply would like to see the system work to the best of its potential. With how it works right now, too much monetary sacrifice would have to be made for many of us that have migrated in the past. I would just simply like to avoid wasting money as much as possible while linking accounts.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ratchetgamma said:

still no official responses on this topic, not even a "No you are just screwed" from higher ups I wonder if anyone has even seen this as the issue it doesn't need to be...

This is a big part of what's frustrating me. Let me know I'm screwed so I can move on. At the moment, I'm just in limbo. I want to know before the heirloom pack disappears so that I can decide whether or not to purchase it again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrflublesworth said:

This is a big part of what's frustrating me. Let me know I'm screwed so I can move on. At the moment, I'm just in limbo. I want to know before the heirloom pack disappears so that I can decide whether or not to purchase it again. 

I don't see how you could justify the thought of buying it again

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Phoenix_Rose said:

Probably the same as FOMO like the Heirloom Collection is, because it was uncertain When! the Cross-Save comes, turns out it would be 5 years later.

Also i did the same, thinking you could use Mouse and Keyboard just like Xbox can (dont know about PS but i think it can too) but no, its controller only and its a bit of a mess to play with controller.

Edited by xMarvin732

On 2023-12-20 at 3:45 AM, mrflublesworth said:

I really hope this topic is on their radar. It's an extremely frustrating circumstance that has us standing to lose thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars for a platform that so few of us actually ended up playing. I don't think I even made it an hour on the switch after copying my account over. 

It had better be, considering three of the top five most replied to posts on the 'Cross Platform Save Feedback' forum is about this topic.

I would really hope they've seen some of what people are saying about this decision because it seems like a massive oversight.

On 2023-12-21 at 6:19 PM, ratchetgamma said:

still no official responses on this topic, not even a "No you are just screwed" from higher ups I wonder if anyone has even seen this as the issue it doesn't need to be...

There's an older, more popular and more replied to thread on this same topic which also has no response yet.

I am a little conflicted on that fact, because it could either mean they're ignoring the issue, which I hope isn't / doubt is the case. Or it could mean that they're trying to figure out what to do about it.

Also the possibility that they somehow haven't seen it, but with how many people are complaining about it on the dedicated feedback forums for cross save and merging, I doubt that.

It would be nice to have a response, even just a "We're looking into it", but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything just yet, especially considering DE are going on holiday break very soon.

We might have to wait until the new year to hear anything on this issue unfortunately.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, noobneutraliser said:

There's an older, more popular and more replied to thread on this same topic which also has no response yet.

I am a little conflicted on that fact, because it could either mean they're ignoring the issue, which I hope isn't / doubt is the case. Or it could mean that they're trying to figure out what to do about it.

Also the possibility that they somehow haven't seen it, but with how many people are complaining about it on the dedicated feedback forums for cross save and merging, I doubt that.

It would be nice to have a response, even just a "We're looking into it", but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything just yet, especially considering DE are going on holiday break very soon.

We might have to wait until the new year to hear anything on this issue unfortunately.

Honestly I'd accept even a "we will allow a one time account erasure" answer where we have to contact customer support to have it done on there end. 

I can see it being an annoying but viable workaround that while not perfect would be acceptable to many if not most. 

• Like 2

I am in the same boat. I migrated my pc onto switch for the potential ability down to road to play warframe on that console. I did this action before cross save / merge was even discussed and talk about. When I started playing on xbox I used a brand new MR 0 account. I do not want any progress from my switch account tied to my pc and xbox accounts. hence why I rather delete my switch progress if it lets me merge my pc and xbox ( which should be valid if I understand correctly) 

• Like 3

I would love to do that too. Submitted a ticket over a week ago asking if there was anything I could do and havent gotten a single response yet :/ I would be more than willing to unlink my switch and pc account and delete the switch account in order to merge my pc and xbox. Easily huindreds of dollars and over 1200 hours sunk into xbox with trials rewards that you cant even get anymore on that account, and I cant merge because I was one of the guinea pigs for migrating to switch years ago without warning :/

• Like 3

I wish DE made this clear. I don't even know if they touched on it.

I have a Switch account that was originally a PC account. Tried merging and was told it's ineligible due to being transferred from PC to Switch when that was available. I can't merge and I have a great amount of resources on my PlayStation version, so is that just gone in the void? What the hell!?

• Like 1

Yeah they made that clear

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1374265-cross-platform-save-rollout-information-status/  

On 2023-12-12 at 4:11 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Any Warframe account that was previously involved in a PC-to-console account migration to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch is ineligible for a One-Time Account Merge. However, these accounts can still be Linked normally and participate in Cross Platform Save.

13 hours ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Honestly, they should just disable merging an already cloned Switch account into any other account since it would be an easy exploit for ppl... Rest of the mergers should be allowed, even if at one point you duped your account to be able to play warframe on the go.

You know what's sad, this is (PSN)Stealth_Cobra replying to myself, since apparently the stupid blank PC account becomes your default forum identity... Guess that's 1.4K posts and 2700 repuattion down the drain, plus looking like a noob that just joined when i'm a 2014 forum vet.

Also, love how I had to create a new email just for this AND was not able to use my username because apparently you can't use underscores anymore and the System flags StealthCobra as offensive because it has THC in it... Wish was kidding...

Al least my account isn't bricked so far.

Edited by StealthyCobra
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

This wasn't listed until multiple days after the initial announcement. This is information that should have been clearly communicated day 1. Either way, there's nothing we can do atm except be patient. I just wanted more people to be aware since many people aren't due to this info being added days after the fact, although I stumbled upon a post saying the same thing, so I guess the PSA was already PSA'd.

Edited by XenoChroma
  • Like 1

Players may have more than two accounts with additional non-cloned (unique) accounts alongside the original + copy. That includes cases where players progressed their unique account  + PC original instead of the copy.

For example, people who asked for a Switch clone "just in case" but never used it unintentionally borked their future selves.

In such cases, players would like to merge the unique account with a single clone of their choice (which could be the original or the copy). Surely the restriction on merging cloned accounts is to prevent duplicating inventory, so merging a unique account with just one of the clones should not be a problem?

That is, the process could be:

1. for each pair of clones let players choose which (single) clone to use in cross-save (with the other being excluded), and then
  2. merge all included accounts.
  • Like 1

• NovusNova changed the title to You can't merge accounts that have been transferred.
15 hours ago, noobneutraliser said:

Looks like this larger thread I was talking about was locked by a community mod, I was hopeful for some attention on this issue by DE, but if our feedback is being killed just before their holiday break, I fear it will never be seen unfortunately.

• Like 1

I've said the same as OP in several threads but wanted to voice my support. I'm not so big on solutioning the problem, but our requirements as users seem pretty clear. 

As a user. having no expectation to exploit a massive item duplication issue by merging a previously copied account back into its former original account, I should be able to access purchases or drops earned from pay or play on the Xbox, PC, PS5 or Switch systems via a merged primary account which will then be used for cross save.

Maybe there is no tag in the database to show previously copied accounts vs freshly made one. So while they know what accounts they copied from. the destination accounts had no flag to reference. So they'd have no way to readily identify accounts that are legit vs. previously copied... but I bet a bit of thinking could filter and tag the right accounts. In my mind you should be able to review the size of an account... If it had several or dozens of extra Warframe entries for the exact same date - it was migrated vs. just Excalibur/mag/volt followed by maybe a rhino or nyx in the following days/weeks.
If an account was so baby or new and copied over that it is hard to see it wasn't a new account then why worry. an extra mag and some silver rarity mods arn't going to break the economy 

Now that the xmas time crunch is over and the window is into January. take a beat, figure out a better filter and let your older established players find a reason to play the game again on a new console or pc.

2 hours ago, noobneutraliser said:

Looks like this larger thread I was talking about was locked by a community mod, I was hopeful for some attention on this issue by DE, but if our feedback is being killed just before their holiday break, I fear it will never be seen unfortunately.

It shocks me that threads are being locked knowing full well this section is for feedback on the whole issue. Very poor to lock them when people are doing just that and providing feedback.

• Like 3