Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

I dont want to lose 8 years of progress because of migration

All they did was reference the merger FAQ then locked it, The FAQ mentions migrations not being able to merge, but we all thought it implied the copy, not the source which is stupid to lock out both, we should have to option of deleting one to re-enable merger for us, so people who just tried switch would be able to delete the account and then be able to merge their PC account with others or viceversa if they put more work into the migrated account and would delete the source so they can merge with other platforms.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ScouserChris said:

It shocks me that threads are being locked knowing full well this section is for feedback on the whole issue. Very poor to lock them when people are doing just that and providing feedback.

Yep, I appreciate what volunteer mods do here, but I'm not sure it's their place to shut down completely justified complaints / feedback on the dedicated feedback forum for one of the largest features Warframe has received.

Respectfully, I feel like this is something DE themselves should be responding to, not community moderators.

• Like 3

On 2023-12-21 at 7:53 PM, mrflublesworth said:

This is a big part of what's frustrating me. Let me know I'm screwed so I can move on. At the moment, I'm just in limbo. I want to know before the heirloom pack disappears so that I can decide whether or not to purchase it again. 

At the very least, I'm willing to give them some grace for the lack of real response since we are in the holiday season. However, If we don't receive some sort of response by the 2nd week of Jan, we should raise hell in these forums.

• Like 5

I'm unable to merge account because I migrated my MR6 PC account to XBOX back before the parkour rework. I played on that account for multiple years before finally having a PC that I could run Warframe on well and have been PC only ever since. Both accounts have platinum purchases and YEARS of progress (PC is MR14 and xbox is MR12) that I can't merge because of something I wasn't aware of at the time? This really feels like I was hyped up for a good part of this year and that entire train came crashing through the tracks because of a decision I even forgot I had made near a decade ago. I understand you have the restriction to keep people from just doubling their platinum or whatever from migrations only a year or two old but some of us have accounts that are WILDLY different and a more restricted merge would be super appreciated, even if it's just the warframes/weapon mastery/mods.

• Like 6

Im rooting for you. 

similar issue but for the switch port on my end. Played maybe 30 min on it. Want to merge

XBOX(MR24, 2014)

and

PC(L1, 2016)

but can't now because of the SWITCH account clone

Hopefully we hear something after new years.

Edited by MinimumWageMage
Typo
  • Like 3

That seems insane to me that they would prevent a merge due to an account split years ago. I really hope they allow a merge for you and anyone else in that position. It was bad enough being held hostage by my PS4 waiting on cross save, if I had gotten news like this after cross save came out I would have quit and found another game to play.

• Like 3

Back when migration was an option, I didn't look into it because I interpreted "migration" as moving my account rather than creating a copy. I thought of it like birds migrating. You know, they move... they don't duplicate. Anyway! 

Many players are locked out of merging because of migration. I understand that migration was actually a copy and that if you could now merge your accounts, you would then have duplicated (or triplicated, or quadruplicated!) items, loadout slots, credits, etc.  

To explain further, If you had a PC account at MR8 with 10 load out slots, then migrated it to Xbox, PlayStation, and switch... each of those accounts would have 10 load out slots. Then if you merged them, you would have 40 load out slots. This would be like duplicating in an unfair/against policy kind of way. 

SOLUTION: Just merge content that was POST-migration. Have the primary account hold the progress from pre-migration and allow all post migration items and purchases to merge. DE, is this a technical nightmare? or something you could do in the future? If you think it's possible, then please let us know. 

Comments or questions are welcome... I hope I'm explaining my perspective clearly enough. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 1:51 PM, Unlucky1307 said:

That seems insane to me that they would prevent a merge due to an account split years ago. I really hope they allow a merge for you and anyone else in that position. It was bad enough being held hostage by my PS4 waiting on cross save, if I had gotten news like this after cross save came out I would have quit and found another game to play.

Yeah. Definitely made me stop playing immediately tbh. Like all my time and purchases don’t matter.

I understand what you mean, hopefully they backtrack on some of the migration merge restrictions.

I can’t even merge a non-cloned account BECAUSE I cloned one of the 2 accounts I’m trying to merge. The whole thing is anti longtime-player in my honest opinion.

Same issue, the more Fk'd part is they NEVER said anything about it UNTIL just shortly before. I mean why not just make it so the COPY Cannot be used but the MASTER account can.  If I LINK either way I'm losing 400-600 hours of progress and D.E. gets to run away with ~$200+ this is just UNACCEPTABLE conduct for Any Company/Developer, Period.

they straight up deleted my post, without so much as a message they are Literally stealing from us, it seems like it was planned the whole time

Edited by Arkhalt
  • Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 8:23 AM, deffbee said:

At the very least, I'm willing to give them some grace for the lack of real response since we are in the holiday season. However, If we don't receive some sort of response by the 2nd week of Jan, we should raise hell in these forums.

Rebb and Steve did a 15 minute video update on YT. It is nice to hear that they are “fixing” cross-save, but they are still being vague about WHAT they are fixing.

I would appreciate some more concrete info when it involves several long-term accounts.

• Like 1

When I heard about being able to merge my PlayStation and PC accounts I was so excited until I learned if you did a previous account migration you could only link and have to choose what account to be keep and have the rest dumped. I did a switch migration when it was announced because I wanted to try out Warframe on the switch and keep my progress but performance on the switch was lacking so I don't play on the Switch anymore. However, because of that past decision that was made without knowing a big cross-save merge was going to happen in the future I am unable to merge my main two accounts. This is a huge oversight and the playerbase should not be punished because they wanted to support Warframe on a new platform.

• Like 11

This 100%, being punished for supporting a new platform when it released and being unable to merge my account because of it just feels bad. Especially since we had no way of knowing at the time that it would ruin our ability to merge so far down the line.

I don't even use my switch account now and have no intention of merging it, but I now can't merge my completely seperate playstation and pc accounts.

• Like 6

Like a lot of people, I did the account migration from PC to Switch YEARS ago before Cross-Save and account merging were made official or really discussed. Nowhere in the process of migrating did DE warn that there could be any negative consequences to migrating. Yet suddenly, there are restrictions barring any account involved in a migration from merging, even if they want to merge with an account that didn't migrate. 
     About a month ago, before they went on vacation, I submitted a ticket asking for clarification on these restrictions. I was simply told that because I had migrated one account I couldn't ever merge, even with my 8 year old 1400+ hour Xbox account that has limited-time items and trials rewards. I tried to ask if it would be possible then to just have *unleveled* versions of the items that I didnt already own on PC placed in my account and I would level up using my own time or AT LEAST get my trials cosmetics because those are incredibly important to me as I cannot get them any more. This time, the response I got was some basic copy-paste asnwer explaining how my support agent understood my frustration as they are a player too and completely dodged my question. 
     Its incredibly disheartening having my questions dodged, making me feel like I'm being punished for migrating years ago without knowing what the consequences would be. Even more frustrating was the fact that my support agent kept closing my support ticket before ever letting me respond as if they had actually helped rather than copy and paste a basic rejection. I know I'm not the only player getting shafted by the complete Bait and Switch that DE pulled which makes this whole Account Merge restriction BS really disappointing. Ive really lost my desire to play recently because of all this.

To put the cherry on top of it, I was told to make a forum post as it is more likely to be seen and get a response from a Dev. I've already made one post about it and commented on several others and I have YET to see a single dev actually respond to it or even acknowledge the massive let down they caused. The "support" for this is so disappointing and I hope that something is done to let us get our items we worked for. 

• Like 14

the main reason for this is probably because if you had a (lets say) 2K hour or more PC account and moved it to switch, you have effectively duplicated the contents of that account.

if you re-merged them you'd end up with two copies of everything, which is.... a problem.

and you can't go "just dont double the items that were duped" because if you played on both accounts since then they may have separately obtained the same item, so how do you figure out whether two copies of an item are duped or obtained separately?

the only way to do it is to consider one of the two the "more up-to-date" and merge the other one into it, effectively deleting any unique or duped items from that account. 

obviously, this sucks for people who have since put a lot of effort into both of their accounts, but it's practically not possible to merge two accounts that were originally split off without risking large amounts of duped items flooding the market.

2 hours ago, SDGDen said:

the main reason for this is probably because if you had a (lets say) 2K hour or more PC account and moved it to switch, you have effectively duplicated the contents of that account.

if you re-merged them you'd end up with two copies of everything, which is.... a problem.

and you can't go "just dont double the items that were duped" because if you played on both accounts since then they may have separately obtained the same item, so how do you figure out whether two copies of an item are duped or obtained separately?

the only way to do it is to consider one of the two the "more up-to-date" and merge the other one into it, effectively deleting any unique or duped items from that account. 

obviously, this sucks for people who have since put a lot of effort into both of their accounts, but it's practically not possible to merge two accounts that were originally split off without risking large amounts of duped items flooding the market.

This is true if you want to merge the two migrated accounts, but it also prevents you from merging two completely unrelated accounts as well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Little-Profesor said:

This is true if you want to merge the two migrated accounts, but it also prevents you from merging two completely unrelated accounts as well

in which scenario? cuz afaik you can merge accounts if all of them were freshly created on the platforms they're on.

if an account was the result of account migration it can't be merged basically. 

21 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

in which scenario? cuz afaik you can merge accounts if all of them were freshly created on the platforms they're on.

if an account was the result of account migration it can't be merged basically. 

I migrated my Pc to Switch. I want to merge my Xbox and Pc account which are entirely unrelated to each other. I cant bc of my unfortunate and uneducated mistake years ago

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Little-Profesor said:

I migrated my Pc to Switch. I want to merge my Xbox and Pc account which are entirely unrelated to each other. I cant bc of my unfortunate and uneducated mistake years ago

Yeah I want to merge my playstation and pc account, don't even care about my switch account.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Little-Profesor said:

huh.... that's weird.

what if you "merge" your switch and PC accounts first? effectively undoing the split? you'd lose the items unique to one of the accounts (probably switch in your case?) but maybe that'd allow you to merge your PC and xbox accounts? 

12 hours ago, SDGDen said:

huh.... that's weird.

what if you "merge" your switch and PC accounts first? effectively undoing the split? you'd lose the items unique to one of the accounts (probably switch in your case?) but maybe that'd allow you to merge your PC and xbox accounts? 

It does not matter.  I got rid of my switch account and still couldn't merge because any migration makes you ineligible for any merging.

• Like 3

They have to be working on SOMETHING. There’s too many people in this situation. It would be very dumb of them to spend years on this feature just to exclude a large portion of players from using it…..

at least that’s what I hope.

Edit: I am in the same situation, for clarification.

Edit: Nevermind. They’ll ignore us apparently.

Edited by MinimumWageMage
Update
  • Like 4

I really hope they can come up with something. I was really excited for when I saw the merging coming up and then being told that just because I went to support the switch platform I will no longer be able to merge my ps4 and pc my ps4 being I spent a long time on and I never even touched the switch version. Heck if they can do something like delete the migration switch account or something because this honestly hurts man been waiting yearsss >.< 

• Like 3

"Same issue, the more Fk'd part is they NEVER said anything about it UNTIL just shortly before. I mean why not just make it so the COPY Cannot be used but the MASTER account can.  If I LINK either way I'm losing 400-600 hours of progress and D.E. gets to run away with ~$200+ this is just UNACCEPTABLE conduct for Any Company/Developer, Period."

Honestly! Or delete my switch one I migrated man so I can do it. I want to link my two accounts that have time and money on them. My switch I did only to support it. If I knew it would stop me from merging I would of never of done it D: 

They said I will still have access to the linking OPTION! and I'm like this does not help WHY would I link them. I'll hundreds of hours and money I spent on the other account. 

Edited by KoukoChomusuke
Forgot to quote
  • Like 2