Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

I dont want to lose 8 years of progress because of migration

On 2023-12-21 at 1:18 AM, Phoenix_Rose said:

You stated that you "honestly never used the switch account" then why would you even do the 1 time account transfer back then if you had no plans to play warframe on switch?

If something was advertised as a "get it or miss out" feature but you had no plans to play warframe on switch, then you still shouldn't have did the account transfer because it still makes no sense.

1. I didn't know this would stop me from doing a merge many of us have been waiting for almost half a decade at the every least.
2. I wanted to support the platform and this "Get it or miss out" feature that can help you get a head start was a nice show so you can test it.
3. When i did tried it out the performance was so lack luster that I stopped used it. I played 2 hours max. I'd be fine if it got burned.

• Like 6

I think you are placing too much blame on support. The limitation is probably technical, like the DB only has a migrated flag Y/N value without any context making merges impossible without some heavy lifting and testing, hardly something support is able to fix.... I think expecting support to then to add items and cosmetics as they look or compare accounts - essentially do a manual merge - is not a reasonable request or expectation.

If DE is listening it would be nice to have some statement or feedback about this though,. No one wants a diablo 4 moment of "We can't give you more stash space because we load into your memory every item on every character you see in town, including their stash tabs" moment but whatever the reason is some level of understanding provided by the devs would be nice. Perhaps they are exploring a more complex query to allow for this but don't want to promise anything or they have completely dismissed it and are not even thinking about it anymore... something would be nice.

Edited by Morgawse
  • Like 2

On 2023-12-19 at 8:40 PM, (PSN)Sorrior said:

I'll take this too but if it's a technical reason I think deleting one is the best we might get..

And yes i too would sacrifice my switch account at the altar of merging. 

Agreed

• Like 1

Your answer's in the post. They said previously any merging prior they wouldn't be able to do again because of the existence of copies of the account or something like it. All you can do is link to other platforms sort of like that. It'd probably have to be a special case to try and merge yours, but if they have issues with account copies you just aren't going to be able to do that. You could just link that switch one to a new pc one later probably or separate xbox account. Like you said, you'll need to have a dev say something on it. That xbox same story, it'd have to merge with others that can or link to new ones.

12 hours ago, dabphoegryph said:

Your answer's in the post. They said previously any merging prior they wouldn't be able to do again because of the existence of copies of the account or something like it. All you can do is link to other platforms sort of like that. It'd probably have to be a special case to try and merge yours, but if they have issues with account copies you just aren't going to be able to do that. You could just link that switch one to a new pc one later probably or separate xbox account. Like you said, you'll need to have a dev say something on it. That xbox same story, it'd have to merge with others that can or link to new ones.

I shouldn't need some special response for me to merge my PC account with Xbox and PSN because my PC account made a copy to switch only. 

Support responded to me and gave me a poor response. I'm making it know now that until they reverse this, I'm no longer buying content on this game.

• Like 4

in 1 devshorts they mentioned something about more server space

maybe they consider the option of double the account space requieren for duplicate accounts which all migrated account apperantly are

but simple just let everyone merge ,maybe dont remerge copied accounts but let them merge console and pc accounts who arent related

i think that would be ok for the majority of players/crosssavers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, .2B. said:

I shouldn't need some special response for me to merge my PC account with Xbox and PSN because my PC account made a copy to switch only. 

Support responded to me and gave me a poor response. I'm making it know now that until they reverse this, I'm no longer buying content on this game.

Maybe they should change the policy after normal people merge. A lot of you were play testers and in a sense founders of the switch frontier and should have a way to merge. Do a pc link first somehow then a normal merge. The fact plat is locked that way does trap a lot of people if that volume of player base IS going to decline.

• Like 1

From what I understand, this is more Nintendo's fault. They have a tendency to think they own their players, and are afraid of losing players to, frankly, more capable platforms (not an insult to the platform, but it's specs are now well below what's needed to run the game fully visual-wise)so they are gating the cross-platform stuff hardcore. But DE has to play nice and not just blame them, but you can see it in their comments about Switch being different.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GrimMyfanwy said:

From what I understand, this is more Nintendo's fault. They have a tendency to think they own their players, and are afraid of losing players to, frankly, more capable platforms (not an insult to the platform, but it's specs are now well below what's needed to run the game fully visual-wise)so they are gating the cross-platform stuff hardcore. But DE has to play nice and not just blame them, but you can see it in their comments about Switch being different.

I merged mine but still play on switch simply from the portability. It's just nicer progress can be moved where ever I am well in theory. I haven't played outside my home yet and if I ever start traveling again I hope to be able to anywhere and there's probably more every day that do already.

6 minutes ago, dabphoegryph said:

I merged mine but still play on switch simply from the portability. It's just nicer progress can be moved where ever I am well in theory. I haven't played outside my home yet and if I ever start traveling again I hope to be able to anywhere and there's probably more every day that do already.

A perfectly reasonable reason to have switched (ha... ha...), and I really hope any issues get resolved, it just may take longer than others, not that it will never happen.

Edited by GrimMyfanwy

I got friends and relatives that have traveled and still need to merge their stuff too coming up. It all comes down really to accessibility for people. Some positions people will keep playing on switch, but DE probably has seen that people in some cases either change location due to financial or other situations or platforms they can't access or want to change primary access due to different situations. I see more migrating from switch because they can do more with different platforms but STILL want to retain progress and have the option to go back and forth. It makes it far easier to use some platforms over it and for now that's true.

There are some issues on switch currently like kubrow patterns breaking since whispers on the wall.

Same, but would delete the Switch copy to merge PlayStation and PC

I made a post in the main thread when I first discovered I couldn't merge because of it...

And yeah, got the copy because 'do it or miss your chance!' and then didn't end up playing in that account (other than logging on for a few alerts, which is why I am willing to straight up lose the copy so I can merge the ones I had played on).

)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -PLM-Kiski73 said:

in 1 devshorts they mentioned something about more server space

maybe they consider the option of double the account space requieren for duplicate accounts which all migrated account apperantly are

but simple just let everyone merge ,maybe dont remerge copied accounts but let them merge console and pc accounts who arent related

i think that would be ok for the majority of players/crosssavers

People have even made entire posts and topics about how they'd happily delete there switch accounts to enable the cross save functionality.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Sorrior said:

People have even made entire posts and topics about how they'd happily delete there switch accounts to enable the cross save functionality.

Looks like they are doubling down on their merging policy while making no concessions to their long term players with more than one unique account.

cross-save just reopened with no changes to merging policy. Honestly pretty ridiculous.

I think that's it for me. If they make changes I’ll see you guys then. GL.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, dabphoegryph said:

Maybe they should change the policy after normal people merge. A lot of you were play testers and in a sense founders of the switch frontier and should have a way to merge. Do a pc link first somehow then a normal merge. The fact plat is locked that way does trap a lot of people if that volume of player base IS going to decline.

Not playing until they talk to us about it. I was always under the impressions that “player accounts were sacred”.

if they really are, why do I have to delete a completely unique Xbox account? 
I cloned PC to switch so now I have to delete my XBOX account to crosssave?

This is the biggest slap in the face I have received from DE in 10 years.

edit:typo.

Edited by MinimumWageMage
  • Like 3

On 1/12/2024 at 6:44 PM, Morgawse said:

I think you are placing too much blame on support. The limitation is probably technical, like the DB only has a migrated flag Y/N value without any context making merges impossible without some heavy lifting and testing, hardly something support is able to fix.... I think expecting support to then to add items and cosmetics as they look or compare accounts - essentially do a manual merge - is not a reasonable request or expectation.

If DE is listening it would be nice to have some statement or feedback about this though,. No one wants a diablo 4 moment of "We can't give you more stash space because we load into your memory every item on every character you see in town, including their stash tabs" moment but whatever the reason is some level of understanding provided by the devs would be nice. Perhaps they are exploring a more complex query to allow for this but don't want to promise anything or they have completely dismissed it and are not even thinking about it anymore... something would be nice.

Literally ANY reason. I understand the crossave is mess right now, but as it stands, being left in the dark for no good reason is infuriating.

the blatant ignoring of the issue is what pisses me off most. I KNOW they see these posts.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MinimumWageMage said:

Not playing until they talk to us about it. I was always under the impressions that “player accounts were sacred”.

if they really are, why do I have to delete a completely unique Xbox account? 
I cloned PC to switch so now I have to delete my XBOX account to crosssave?

This is the biggest slap in the face I have received from DE in 10 years.

edit:typo.

I mean if it was a clone, should be able to link a new pc account because those without pc accounts it nukes that one for the merge. Any linked are fresh secondaries with nothing kept. The Xbox one is unique so yeah I would think it could if before and more than likely merge. Again they should find a way to after normal links and merges happen to let you. You're just wanting the same streamline as others. People aren't cheating it, just want the unification because you probably play more in your case on Xbox now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dabphoegryph said:

I mean if it was a clone, should be able to link a new pc account because those without pc accounts it nukes that one for the merge. Any linked are fresh secondaries with nothing kept. The Xbox one is unique so yeah I would think it could if before and more than likely merge. Again they should find a way to after normal links and merges happen to let you. You're just wanting the same streamline as others. People aren't cheating it, just want the unification because you probably play more in your case on Xbox now.

Exactly. It’s an impossible choice to make when my XBOX and PC accounts both have different prime access and were created each from scratch.

Id even be ok if they said well take a look at it. It’s like the worst Sophie’s choice ever

• Like 3