Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Speed ability needs a duration change

SquishiestSquish

Please increase the duration of Volts speed buff to 40+ seconds. Not because Volt needs a buff, but as someone who does a lot of void fissure content I'm tired of having to deactivate volt speed buffs every 6-12 seconds because it makes my Titania uncontrollable. Its obnoxious, anti-synergistic, NOT FUN, and some of these guys tank their duration for more strength and max efficiency so they have to spam it. Please make changes for the benefit of the people who DON'T play volt. Also, I would very much like a setting to auto-disable volt speed buffs added asap because it makes playing the game less fun for me.

• Like 10

Yep, 8.1 seconds duration speed Volt player here, I spam that skill faster than you can backflip. On the plus side I only have 25 meters range, so if you keep a respectful distance you won't get the buff.

I do think an opt out for buffs is a good idea, not just for speed, it can also mess up your elements for example - because I also buff everyone with electricity damage, and if you happen to have an innate toxin weapon with a cold mod (to get viral), I turn your Hunter Munitions viral gun into a magnetic toxin one. You're welcome by the way ^^.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 4

I assume you use Razorwing blitz on your titania? This is the problem.

Volts that have insane speeds, often don't have the range to affect you if you're more than arms length away.

Razorwing Blitz on the other hand, will VERY easily make Titania entirely uncontrollable even for the fastest of players.

20 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

I assume you use Razorwing blitz on your titania? This is the problem.

Volts that have insane speeds, often don't have the range to affect you if you're more than arms length away.

Razorwing Blitz on the other hand, will VERY easily make Titania entirely uncontrollable even for the fastest of players.

I don't use razorwing blitz. It is not the problem.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SquishiestSquish said:

I don't use razorwing blitz. It is not the problem.

Do you hold down the sprint button? 

I've learned to stop doing that most of the time on her, instead just holding down the fire button for killing things (and also slowing her down).

10 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Do you hold down the sprint button? 

I've learned to stop doing that most of the time on her, instead just holding down the fire button for killing things (and also slowing her down).

I can control Titania just fine normally. Don't get distracted by Titania, this isn't about her. It's about Volt, the problem he causes other people, and how easily it can be fixed with a duration increase. A buff to Volts speed buff duration helps everyone. The people who want it keep it for longer without recasts, and the people who don't want it have to cancel it less. That is what this is about.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SquishiestSquish said:

Don't get distracted by Titania, this isn't about her.

Except um...

On 2023-12-22 at 2:43 PM, SquishiestSquish said:

I'm tired of having to deactivate volt speed buffs every 6-12 seconds because it makes my Titania uncontrollable.

Does it make your Wisp uncontrollable?  Your Wukong?  Gauss (not like he needs any help with that)?  Grendel?  Literally any other frame?  So yeah, between that and the fact that I don't think I've seen a single thread complaining about this that wasn't started by a Titania main, I'm far more convinced that this is, in fact, a Titania thing.  The only difference is that I've learned to adapt and find the personal amusement of going at lucy speed constantly slamming into walls every three seconds.

Now don't get me wrong, buffing Volt's Speed duration is -not- a bad idea, as the increase duration would also promote an incentive to either lower the base value of Speed or increase the energy cost (thus making it troll-resistant) to offset the higher duration.  The problem is that given the effectiveness and the popularity of Titania and the fact that the complaints are from players playing frames that already have higher movement speed without a Volt in the group (like Titania), it doesn't really provide enough of a case against Volt to change his Speed buff.  If anything, there's probably more of a case to lower Titania's base speed in Razorwing form.

Edited by Raarsi

Nah.

Speed benefits all frames minus one.

If you're so desperate about going fast in fissures, just use a full range Gyre with high strength and neutral duration. Add cathode current to the mix and then you can just run into whatever ennemy and everything dies in your path at the cost of zero button presses. And volt even makes this easier.

Just shift the meta instead of relying on pointless janky techniques.

On 2023-12-24 at 12:20 AM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Nah.

Speed benefits all frames minus one.

If you're so desperate about going fast in fissures, just use a full range Gyre with high strength and neutral duration. Add cathode current to the mix and then you can just run into whatever ennemy and everything dies in your path at the cost of zero button presses. And volt even makes this easier.

Just shift the meta instead of relying on pointless janky techniques.

Please reread the post and take the time to think about it carefully.

On 2023-12-23 at 11:07 PM, Raarsi said:

Except um...

Does it make your Wisp uncontrollable?  Your Wukong?  Gauss (not like he needs any help with that)?  Grendel?  Literally any other frame?  So yeah, between that and the fact that I don't think I've seen a single thread complaining about this that wasn't started by a Titania main, I'm far more convinced that this is, in fact, a Titania thing.  The only difference is that I've learned to adapt and find the personal amusement of going at lucy speed constantly slamming into walls every three seconds.

Now don't get me wrong, buffing Volt's Speed duration is -not- a bad idea, as the increase duration would also promote an incentive to either lower the base value of Speed or increase the energy cost (thus making it troll-resistant) to offset the higher duration.  The problem is that given the effectiveness and the popularity of Titania and the fact that the complaints are from players playing frames that already have higher movement speed without a Volt in the group (like Titania), it doesn't really provide enough of a case against Volt to change his Speed buff.  If anything, there's probably more of a case to lower Titania's base speed in Razorwing form.

Anecdotal mentions are not primary points of discussion. I could have listed every frame i play that i dislike volt buffs on, but as that isn't the main point i was trying to discuss i listed the most egregious example instead. This isn't a thread about Titania its supposed to be a thread about Volt. Hyperfocusing on your biased opinions of portions of the player base is detrimental to discussion.

On 2023-12-24 at 3:02 AM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

*a lot of things*

The fact that you are so angry at me over this is strange. I suggested a buff to volt. This buff benefits literally everyone and harms literally no one. The people who want the buff keep it for longer without having to have it reapplied. The people who don't want it have to do the weird back-flip thing to get rid of it less. Everyone wins here. What problem do have with this that you attack me so?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

So in good will, Volt players will just try to help you to extraction faster, unaware that half a dozen slurs are coming their way every time they press a button.

Meanwhile, the only Volt main I know nowadays (who runs max strength) does it specifically to see if he can make Titania-shaped holes in the walls.

5 hours ago, SquishiestSquish said:

This isn't a thread about Titania its supposed to be a thread about Volt.

high quality GIF

• Like 1

Il y a 7 heures, SquishiestSquish a dit :

The fact that you are so angry at me over this is strange. I suggested a buff to volt. This buff benefits literally everyone and harms literally no one. The people who want the buff keep it for longer without having to have it reapplied. The people who don't want it have to do the weird back-flip thing to get rid of it less. Everyone wins here. What problem do have with this that you attack me so?

See that's the problem right there. And why I sound so angry in the first place. The fact that you can go ahead and send a "please actually read the topic" and sum up a quote with "*a lot of things*".

I specifically explained the point in detail in the first few lines :

Il y a 9 heures, Fred_Avant_2019 a dit :

You can't adjust the length of speed like that. It's a 25 energy cost buff. That's the main reason why its base duration is that short.

Take chroma's elemental ward for instance. It's a similar buff that lasts twice as long, but costs twice as much.

Check other frames and you'll see that the 12/25s thing is a common occurence for most old frames that didn't get some magic overtuned touch.

From a balance perspective, when you see the bigger picture, increasing the duration on volt speed triggers the need to revisit the duration on other similar buffs. Which is time consuming and takes resources they seem not to have when you consider we waited 10 years for Hydroid to be worth anything.

The second half of my post is just to point out why your reasoning is flawed due to your bias, the same way you did to the guy before me, which is why it sounds so nosy and disgusting/offtopic in a similar fashion to the original material.

Further solidifies my future plan for fissure runs.

47 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

From a balance perspective, when you see the bigger picture, increasing the duration on volt speed triggers the need to revisit the duration on other similar buffs.

This is a ridiculous notion. "They can't fix a problem because then they would have to fix other problems." If you had two vehicles and the both had problems you wouldn't put off fixing one of them just because the other one had a problem too. If i said "They shouldn't have reworked Hydroid because now they need to rework Inaros since they opened the floodgates" that would be similarly ridiculous.

10 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

You can't adjust the length of speed like that. It's a 25 energy cost buff. That's the main reason why its base duration is that short.

If the cost of increasing the duration is an increase in energy cost that would be fine. Volt players would have spent that energy on the buff anyways. Imagine a 75 cost Speed that lasts 36 seconds by default. That is literally no different than 3 uses of his current ability (that volt players already use consecutively.)

10 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Take chroma's elemental ward for instance. It's a similar buff that lasts twice as long, but costs twice as much.

Chromas Elemental Ward existing is irrelevant to fixing volt, but since we're comparing buffs nothing that Volts buff does is even similar to elemental ward except that it has a duration at all. Zero of Elemental Wards buff effects impact on the gameplay loop of other tenno. You don't have to "Just shift the meta" because it exists since it doesn't change any thing that you do.  Wisp motes on the other hand do basically the exact same thing as Volts Speed. What are its costs and durations? 25 energy and 30 seconds base at rank 3? And can be reapplied to a warframe indefinitely without ever using the ability again? Sure you would have to recast it in capture/exterminate missions but volt does that anyways. Sure its weaker but that ability also can give other buffs too. Who cares? What does that have anything to do with fixing Volt? Nothing. Should they also look at other Warframe abilities? Yes, many old frames are dated beyond compare and lack the same finesse of newer warframes. That isn't a reason to ignore a problem causing ability. To say otherwise is sheer ignorance.

In your first post you told me to "play gyre instead". The only reason you even care about this is because I Mentioned Titania once. Your bias against Titania keeps you here acting hostile. You attacked me for being a Titania player. You assumed I used Thermal sunder. You claim I want to go fast. You've crafted a version of me in your head that you hate and you blind yourself because of it. You can't imagine anyone playing a frame in any other way and you hate them regardless.

So yeah:

12 hours ago, SquishiestSquish said:

Hyperfocusing on your biased opinions of portions of the player base is detrimental to discussion.

Who knew i would get a living example of it? Summoned out of thin air by its own ego, angered by its own illusions, and ready to be a jerk.

I use Fire Blast for armor shred, with emphasis on Dex Pixia and no Razorwing Blitz augment by the way. You were wrong in all assumptions and worse off for having had them.

Good bye you toxic man, it was terrible talking with you.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Meanwhile, the only Volt main I know nowadays (who runs max strength) does it specifically to see if he can make Titania-shaped holes in the walls.

high quality GIF

I tried to make it about volt, most of the people who are here only care about Titania and how much they hate her. The few that aren't blinded by Titania tinted glasses at least see some merit in my suggestion.

• Like 3

As a volt player on both ends it also impacts console players, as well as grendels ball, yareli’s k-drive mechanics, loki’s with high speed, and even wisp motes for people who can’t always control floaty speed buffs combined. It’s as bad as playing a wisp and slapping a speed mote at a doorway or a shock mote in defense. There’s just some things volts and other frame players need to learn. It just so happens most volts are ego struck.

let’s not forget it also impacts Ivara leapers. They get thrown when they go for their leaps so they just walk slower than their leaps. Though, It’s useful for when they go into the spy vault.

if you play volt be conscious about your players or go solo your own content. Just as bad as limbo mentality. I don’t like causing issues with my teams.

Edited by ZokuWhitefire
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I'll say it again, Volt speed buff should only apply to Volt himself.

It would be for the best to allow us to choose which buffs we want to be affected by in a menu. There are cases where it cannot be done or it would be very difficult to implement but I'm sure most of the buffs can be made into a toggle like this.

Even if Speed would be limited to Volt himself as a faster and easier solution, which I'm fine with btw, it should still be able to affect NPCs. Being able to speed up drones in Plains and NPCs in Defection is priceless and it's nice to have other Warframes aside from Wisp to be able to do this.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 2023-12-24 at 12:07 AM, Raarsi said:
On 2023-12-22 at 8:43 PM, SquishiestSquish said:

I'm tired of having to deactivate volt speed buffs every 6-12 seconds because it makes my Titania uncontrollable.

It can make any frames unconrolable. You don't have ability to control when you get speed buff. When I get speed buff in the air, shooting myself into wall, or even worse into void then it makes me angry.

On 2023-12-22 at 8:43 PM, SquishiestSquish said:

Please increase the duration of Volts speed buff to 40+ seconds.

On 2023-12-24 at 3:28 PM, SquishiestSquish said:
On 2023-12-24 at 4:02 AM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

If the cost of increasing the duration is an increase in energy cost that would be fine. Volt players would have spent that energy on the buff anyways. Imagine a 75 cost Speed that lasts 36 seconds by default. That is literally no different than 3 uses of his current ability (that volt players already use consecutively.)

Just give it 10 minutes. Or infinite, draining that teammate has to deactivate once.

• Like 2

lmao 

What you resist persists. What you focus on, you make stronger.

If they buffed duration, most likely, not needing to mod for dur, they would just dump more mods into other things (str and eff), making their builds even more ridiculous.

Just don't use game breaking builds and you're good. (as a volt or non-volt player)

Buddha didn't taught the Middle Way without a reason.

Peace.

Am 22.12.2023 um 20:43 schrieb SquishiestSquish:

Please increase the duration of Volts speed buff to 40+ seconds. Not because Volt needs a buff, but as someone who does a lot of void fissure content I'm tired of having to deactivate volt speed buffs every 6-12 seconds because it makes my Titania uncontrollable. Its obnoxious, anti-synergistic, NOT FUN, and some of these guys tank their duration for more strength and max efficiency so they have to spam it. Please make changes for the benefit of the people who DON'T play volt. Also, I would very much like a setting to auto-disable volt speed buffs added asap because it makes playing the game less fun for me.

Not only that. Actually, players should spend time PLAYING and not managing cooldowns. Warframes like Octavia have ridiculous gameplay and here a player has to keep all 4 skills on CD and then do some mischief for buff activation????

so! either more auras or more skills that consume energy per second and therefore don't have to be activated constantly!

• Like 1

Player's just build Volt weird.

My Volt is 205% Duration, 235% Range, 45% Efficiency, 139% Power with Molt Augmented. 200%+ in every stat that matters.

Honestly, only thing I use Speed for is the reload most the time. Reliability on his shields, CC Range, esp with Capacitance are more important.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've been a solid 'Bringer of the Truth' on most Volt Speed threads, where the topic is all about trying to make the ability not affect people it's supposed to affect.

I go into the points of what DE did to try and balance Speed so that it was either an opt-in or changing the opt-out method, and how all of their tests had the pre-requisite standing of 'DE believe Speed is a buff, even if a minority don't enjoy it, and the majority like and want Speed when a Volt is on their team' and 'DE believe Speed should not be a buff only for Volt'.

So the end conclusion from that time was that the current system is the least of all possible evils for both DE and the players.

And after that, when a few players inevitably try to argue with me, when I'm not arguing, I'm reporting... the threads putter to a stop.

This thread is the first one to actually suggest something that might solve the most basic problem that players have with this radial buff; having to opt out so often.

It's the one thing that I know, for a fact, DE did not try in the months of the great Volt Speed Debate.

Simply make Speed have a longer base Duration, and players will stop spamming it. They'll activate it, it'll run for a while, and then they'll activate it again after that time. So a player that has to opt out of Speed will now have 30-40 seconds where they don't have to do it, rather than 8 seconds. And they may not even be in range of the Volt for the next one.

I know why DE didn't try this one, it's because they think Speed's current Duration is fine.

The problem is that it's not fine for anyone being buffed by it and not enjoying it.