Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LR should be locked behind play hours.

TennoPain

Hi I am a veteran player there is an influx of LR 3  players in warframe that is being boosted by PAY sites

And LR 3 players dont know what to do in game can you please lock it STEVE (this is super not normal)

I understand that Warframe needs players that pay but its not fair to Veterans and player who cant invest LR should be locked behind play hours its beaking community and everybody who uses PAY to progress MR sites need to be baned 

Also they lack in skill so much its impossible that MRs 12+ are better than LR 3 players (be honest)

Also check your community on twich so many players boosting on pay sites on internet.

It took us years to GET to lvl 30 ,1,2,3 and people get there in a quicky now they just pay to skip full game ans oter people to do it for them.

On 2023-12-28 at 7:07 AM, TennoPain said:

Also they lack in skill so much its impossible that MRs 12+ are better than LR 3 players (be honest)

I guess I’m proof that this is wrong 

For context, I was MR12 for the longest time (no reason to rank up) and my friend (or aquantince) reached L1 by buying everything. He hates grinding for frames, and has no clue how to mod. He never does steel path because it’s too hard, but somehow thinks he knows more. 

What is “better” in Warframe anyway? Only skill I can see in Warframe is knowledge. That’s why I love the game, knowledge is skill. 
Only difference in Mastery Rank (MR16 and above) is how much gear you get and level up. You would think after 6 (or is it 7 now?) years I would be at least MR20+, but I got no reason to level up gear I would never use. 

• Like 4

On 2023-12-28 at 5:07 AM, TennoPain said:

Hi I am a veteran player there is an influx of LR 3  players in warframe that is being boosted by PAY sites

And LR 3 players dont know what to do in game can you please lock it STEVE (this is super not normal)

I understand that Warframe needs players that pay but its not fair to Veterans and player who cant invest LR should be locked behind play hours its beaking community and everybody who uses PAY to progress MR sites need to be baned 

Also check your community on twich so many players boosting on pay sites on internet.

It took us years to GET to lvl 30 ,1,2,3 and people get there in a quicky now they just pay to skip full game ans oter people to do it for them.

Turns out, MR isn't a metric of skill, competency, or even status. What it does show is how much time you've spent in ESO leveling everything to max.

Over the last decade, I've spend >60% of my usage playing Excalibur and still don't know what most Warframes do (unless their subsume ability is useful).

I got to LR1 because I was eventually able to make enough equipment and hop into SO/ESO to level it. Did that give me any 'mastery' of that Warframe? Obviously not, but it's now level 30 and probably eaten by the Helminth. 😄I also only got past MR30 when I stopped caring because of new equipment I wanted to try.

People can choose to play the game how they want; I can choose to be a sweaty Excalibur main and probably sit at LR1 the rest of my life (creeping up on LR2 already...)

People can choose to buy everything they can with platinum from the store and/or players and shoot up to LR3 while knowing nothing about the game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Malikili said:

What is “better” in Warframe anyway? Only skill I can see in Warframe is knowledge. That’s why I love the game, knowledge is skill. 

Depending on the build and content, the skill differentiation can be massive. Force me to use my Steam Deck (with its integrated controls) versus my desktop with mouse+keyboard.

Won't see me slash dash+slam+roll+bullet jump+slide+stance combo across the map faster than a Wukong or Titania with joysticks, no matter how good I get with them.

Most 'meta' builds though, yes, you just need to know a simple rotation with a proper build and you can trivialize most content. That's boring though.

• Like 1

Something between

"Ok, elitist pro gamer."

And

"what?"

No seriously. I am sorry, but the original post smells like bait.

And if it's not bait, it's elitist talk.

So what? If being L3 makes them happy?

If it makes you angry that you are "bEtTeR" while their mr is higher..... , then maybe you should just change your mindset and/or switch to another game.

On 2023-12-28 at 1:07 PM, TennoPain said:

So what? Might as well look at it like this:

They are the ones who buy plat! They are the ones who keep the game running.

• Like 2

On 2023-12-28 at 6:07 AM, TennoPain said:

Here's the thing:
It only took us years to get to LR4 because for once simple reason: there just simply wasn't enough things to level up to get to LR4 earlier in the games lifecycle!
That's it.

It's not like leveling gear actually takes all that long.
It's not like farming for the gear actually takes all that long either.
It's not like any of the MR tests actually are that difficult.

In fact the only thing which really slows down MR progression is the 24 hours between each rank-up.

That's it.
And that is not "years" of waiting to overcome.

And LR 3 players dont know what to do in game

Citation needed.

But beyond that you seem to think "MR equals skill level!"
When that is simply not the truth.

MR is just how many things you leveled up.  That's it.

A high MR doesn't mean you are skilled at the game.
A high MR doesn't mean you know everything about the game (seriously the number of posts of 'I'm a player of X years and I just found this out....' should have clued you into that)

Likewise:

A low MR doesn't mean you lack skills.
A low MR doesn't mean that you don't know 90% of the game.

People will stay at a certain MR for a variety of reasons because they simply don't care enough to rank up.
They don't care enough to use a ton of gear that they'll never use again just to make a number go up a bit.

Because guess what?
MR is largely meaningless and useless.

The only thing that a high MR really helps with is standing caps.
Beyond that you only ever need MR16 to unlock everything in the game.  So why go higher than that MR?
And even further beyond that are people that purposefully keep their MR as low as possible, sometimes even at MR0, just because they can or feel like it.

its not fair to Veterans and player who cant invest LR should be locked behind play hours

Why?
Why should LR be locked behind some arbitrary thing like play hours (which can also be easily abused)?

Who cares if the player played 200 hours or 2000 hours.
It doesn't really mean much, if anything.

And beyond that you would just have players camp out in the open worlds to rack up mission hours without actually playing the game just to reach whatever arbitrary number of hours someone decides on.

I know you just want to feel all special and all that...but that shouldn't have a place in games like warframe.
No one cares if you played 3k-4k hours vs someone who has only played a few hundred.
No one cares if you're MR10 or LR4.
No one cares how you got your MR.
There are good players at low MR
There are bad players at high MR
There are players of all skill levels at all number of hours played

None of those things really matter, outside of small elitest circles trying to measure their e-peens.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, WERElektro said:

They are the ones who buy plat! They are the ones who keep the game running.

The elitism behind some people who think lesser of people who keep the game profitable is hilarious to me.

The fact that people can get LR3 without spending any money is cool, but I wouldn't call it virtuous or superior, same with someone who's spend thousands to get everything they want. Time and money spent to reach a certain MR rating are independent of skill, since in a game like Warframe, time = money.

Warframe has one of the healthiest balances of that relationship of any F2P game I've played, and it's a relationship that's within ToS/EULA since you can simply day 1 of a patch buy the new Warframe/weapons (most the time). The people who think that shouldn't be possible are probably the same people who think communism "just hasn't been done right yet".

Luckily DE/Tencent won't entertain terrible ideas like OP's, since they'd rather keep the game profitable. Even then, it still amazes me that DE even bothers to rework/tune starter Warframes like Excalibur, since they could easily abandon them entirely and simply expect players to 'upgrade' to 'better' Warframes. Shows a certain level of commitment to the overall health of the game than simply profits.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Agall said:

Depending on the build and content, the skill differentiation can be massive. Force me to use my Steam Deck (with its integrated controls) versus my desktop with mouse+keyboard.

Won't see me slash dash+slam+roll+bullet jump+slide+stance combo across the map faster than a Wukong or Titania with joysticks, no matter how good I get with them.

Most 'meta' builds though, yes, you just need to know a simple rotation with a proper build and you can trivialize most content. That's boring though.

That makes sense, true. I’m actually the complete opposite. Can’t do poop on keyboard and mouse, but controller is a whole different story. 
Agree with the meta viewpoint. Sometimes the “best” option isn’t the most optimal. 

On 2023-12-28 at 12:07 PM, TennoPain said:

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

MR is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The only real benefit of being MR30 or above is not worrying about mod capacity on new gear.

• Like 1

On 2023-12-28 at 4:07 AM, TennoPain said:

I'm rolling my eyes at the irony of criticizing what other players know yet being unaware that Steve isn't involved with Warframe anymore.

• Like 5

LR should be locked behind nipple size. Hi, I'm a big nipple OG LR5 Veteran. There is an influx of small nipple players being boosted. 

Small nipple players don't have the nips for what the game is about anymore. That just don't know what to do, and guides and practice won't help them. Please look at this BECKY/REBECCA. (this is super abnormal and not right). 

I understand that Warframe needs players of various nipple size, but that is not fair for those with big nipples who hard cary the game in PUBS, and people with small nipples are leeches and a drain to the society and the community and need to be Bane. 

They also lack in skill so much, I can't tell them from the people who no nipples at all, and its impossibal (be honest). 

Also check your community on NSFWarframe, so many players boosting on pay sites. I could report them, but... 

It took us centuries to get to lvl 1, 2, 3, and people get there quicky skip now, when, they ever really did they get us here now, game for them?

The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for Umbra at Sackerifice.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Malikili said:

That makes sense, true. I’m actually the complete opposite. Can’t do poop on keyboard and mouse, but controller is a whole different story. 
Agree with the meta viewpoint. Sometimes the “best” option isn’t the most optimal. 

There's also very few scenarios where Warframe/weapon choice actually matters. The min-max meta farming people do isn't standard gameplay and I regularly challenge what's considered 'meta', since I don't think many people actually spend the time to figure that out. Warframe's also surprisingly well balanced and versatile, since any build can be level cap viable by simply using Unairu/Vazarin. I've even floated the idea that running Dual Ichors for the meta Arbi farm strategy might be viable (I've been playing around with [Melee Influence] on Dual Ichors with Excalibur, which seems just as effective as the meta Saryn setup for it).

A recent example of this being the Event, where I was told that my Excalibur build was far more effective than Titania, since I could slash dash and get all the orbs just as fast while also doing +40% damage to the boss. Turns out though, there's likely not many people who decide to spend as much time with Excalibur as I have, if any at all.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

MR doesnt mean squat, just earlier today i had an LR3 who didnt know how to fight a Void Angel. Thankfully they arent common but they do exist. No matter what LR is gated behind, not all players will be good or even competent. That's just life.

To add onto this:
For better or worse there are large sections of content you can just largely ignore if you don't want to play them.

Most of zariman can be missed outside of the bare minimum if you don't particularly care for the rewards offered.
You only need to complete the base quest to have access to the incarnon system, so outside of that you don't need to know or care how any of the related systems work.
Sure you have to fight an angel once in the base quest...but that is one time only and it's easy to forget mechanics if you've only ever done it once and that was over a year ago.

Same can be said about duviri and all of its mechanics.
Sure various incarnon genesis things will lure players in, but some players don't care about them, and even more have all of them and no longer need to even look at duviri for anything.  And how long until people forget how certain mechanics work because they just don't ever use them?

You don't need to touch Mirror defense missions if you don't need citrine, so you can not know it's mechanics.

And so on and so on.

Just because someone is high MR or has a lot of play hours doesn't mean that they know any given mode works and the "best" way to play them.
I mean just ask a lot of vets how to "best" play defection....

Edited by Tsukinoki

7 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

To add onto this:
For better or worse there are large sections of content you can just largely ignore if you don't want to play them.

Most of zariman can be missed outside of the bare minimum if you don't particularly care for the rewards offered.
You only need to complete the base quest to have access to the incarnon system, so outside of that you don't need to know or care how any of the related systems work.
Sure you have to fight an angel once in the base quest...but that is one time only and it's easy to forget mechanics if you've only ever done it once and that was over a year ago.

Same can be said about duviri and all of its mechanics.
Sure various incarnon genesis things will lure players in, but some players don't care about them, and even more have all of them and no longer need to even look at duviri for anything.

You don't need to touch Mirror defense missions if you don't need citrine, so you can not know it's mechanics.

And so on and so on.

Most of the mechanics are intuitive as well, but then, a Void Angel isn't straightforward. Imagine trying to figure out that you have to jump into the orb to phase. Something like the RopaLOLyst unassisted, it would take hours of repeated loops to figure out the 'moth loves lamp' mechanic, or that you have < 2 second to hit the console before you've messed up the phasing mechanic.

Edited by Agall

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Just because someone is high MR or has a lot of play hours doesn't mean that they know any given mode works and the "best" way to play them.
I mean just ask a lot of vets how to "best" play defection....

As someone who has played warframe 10 years I agree 

even I have to look up how to do stuff online and on YouTube 

On 2023-12-28 at 4:07 AM, TennoPain said:

This is simply and blatantly untrue.

All mastery rank means is that someone has had, at some point or another, an appreciable percentage of the Stuff in this game pass through their hands. Some people just do that naturally because they have All The Things, and so when something new comes out they go to get it for the variety. Some of us are legendary rank because we want to at least try everything and tinker with builds and theorycrafting for anything we can get our hands on. (Hey look, that one's me.)

And sure, some folks are high-MR because they erroneously thought that "higher MR = more power."

Conversely, there are some folks who have found a specific frame or couple of frames and a set of weapons they love and know inside and out -- probably better than most players (and I'll include myself in that) -- because those are all they play. They've found what they love in the game, and see no reason to go out chasing New Shiny Gear when they already know what they like. And those folks can be super experienced, they can have been around since the beginning of the game, but since they just don't care about gear, they can easily still have a mastery rank in the teens.

Mastery rank is no guarantee of ability to play the game. Nor is hours played, for that matter.

• Like 3

In addition to what everyone else has said - I also just want to point out that just because a player is a high MR level and is crap at the game, doesn't necessarily mean they bought their way there.

*Waves* Hi, it's me....   I am a "legitimate" (didn't buy my way there) L3 player who is still pretty crap at the game.  Some of us aren't interested in meta, don't care about being able to nuke rooms, sometimes often slam into doors when Volt makes us too speedy, fail jumps.... need carrying sometimes because harder content is difficult even though we should have the skils and all the things to cope....

Some of us just like to have FUN!

Some of us get here because we spend a lot of time/enjoyment in the game collecting/completing stuff, and sometimes our skill doesn't match other people's expectations.

• Like 3

It should be mandatory for Legendary Rank 3 and high to have their squad set to Solo Only. While LR3 players have to pay plat just to join a squad. That way people can't complain about being stuck with bad team mates. 

• Like 1