Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to dissolve Relics

Ace-Bounty-Hunter

With the successful implementation of Arcane Dissolution in the latest update, I truly think it's about time to implement a similar system for relics. I am currently sitting on thousands of unopened relics and I'm gaining inventory faster than I can open them. I've even stopped running my favorite game mode (Disruption) because I don't want to add more relics to my already abundant pile. Allowing me to dissolve these excess relics into a resource to buy void traces or newer relic packs would be an absolute godsend.

• Like 1

Hot Take: Arcane Dissolution was a mistake that favors passive (or even AFK) Arcane Farming over actually earning Arcanes from each respective area, and the Relic inventory surfaced this future issue in 2016 but was ignored. The thing Relics need is a complete overhaul as the foundation drives the bloated inventory of unique Relics, not another loot-box to maybe roll for something you want.

The only things Relics should dissolve into is Void Traces.

Edited by Voltage

24 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The only things Relics should dissolve into is Void Traces.

Being able to eat a couple excess relics to max a chosen relic would be a neat way to keep running radiants during a longer survival without having to pre-stock an insane amount of rads and traces.

18 hours ago, Voltage said:

Hot Take: Arcane Dissolution was a mistake that favors passive (or even AFK) Arcane Farming over actually earning Arcanes from each respective area

Good. Items with a single incredibly boring farming activity being obtainable from more sources is a positive change, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

I'd settle for being able to favorite relics.  We get that, and I don't really care that I have thousands of relics of way too many varieties that I'll never use.  Transmutation could be nice too.  Hell, even selling them for 1 credit each would be an improvement, as it'd allow me to manage my relic selection screen better.

I don't really see  a "Let me reliably convert my super-abundant and worthless things into scarce and valuable things" change happening though.  Not unless it's in the most paltry quantities you can imagine, or involves randomness.