Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm excited for the latest prime disappointment that Is gauss prime access

We all know that with primes in the beginning they were quite the power up over the normal variants but nowadays they only get small buffs to stats some getting almost nothing and I already can picture acceltra and akarius prime not being useful in the long run they are fun weapons I will admit but they fall flat pretty fast without a proper build for their strengths especially with their 3 mag limitation which will be affected by the ammo pool nerf on these weapons like with Ignis wraith which lost 600 of its 800 reserve ammo

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Primes were only quite a power up because most of the old weapons had garbage stats, more modern weapons are already decent so they don't get huge changes but they still tend to be better.

Wdym? The true power up for primes is the fashion frame adding beautiful gold textures onto Tennogen. 
I would add /j here… but I’m serious

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

+ stats is always a good thing. I wouldnt call it a disappointment at all. Especially not when prime warframes and weapons are insanely easier to get than normal variants.

It depends. When you are using rivens, primes ono release are weaker.

1 hour ago, ArmoredDragoness said:

We all know that with primes in the beginning they were quite the power up over the normal variants but nowadays they only get small buffs to stats some getting almost nothing and I already can picture acceltra and akarius prime not being useful in the long run they are fun weapons I will admit but they fall flat pretty fast without a proper build for their strengths especially with their 3 mag limitation which will be affected by the ammo pool nerf on these weapons like with Ignis wraith which lost 600 of its 800 reserve ammo

Only reason i want a prime variant is because of fashion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Hmm I didnt know that. Are they weaker only on release?

On release, all new weapons (and primes are treated as separate weapons) have low disposition. So their stats will be lower. From time to time (every month?) they change disposition (in both way, decreasing and increasing) of some weapons. Some less used weapons get increased disposition (bigger stats on riven) and some get decreased disposition (lower stats on riven). Here is last change:

1 hour ago, Aruquae said:

Wdym? The true power up for primes is the fashion frame adding beautiful gold textures onto Tennogen. 
I would add /j here… but I’m serious

There's no joke. I farm primes almost entirely cause I want the skin. The base stats are most of the time meaningless, 

• Like 3

Gauss has always reminded me of one line from Daniel Tosh: "try to frown on a Waverunner".

I'll definitely have a dumb grin on my face as I'm repeatedly slamming into walls while dumping my whole ammo cap from my Acceltra Prime in under 20 seconds.

1 hour ago, stormy505 said:

There's no joke. I farm primes almost entirely cause I want the skin. The base stats are most of the time meaningless, 

This is the way

1 hour ago, Raarsi said:

I'll definitely have a dumb grin on my face as I'm repeatedly slamming into walls while dumping my whole ammo cap from my Acceltra Prime in under 20 seconds.

20 seconds is generous

Add high strength Harrow+Wisp specters to do it in 20 milliseconds. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quxier said:

On release, all new weapons (and primes are treated as separate weapons) have low disposition. So their stats will be lower. From time to time (every month?) they change disposition (in both way, decreasing and increasing) of some weapons. Some less used weapons get increased disposition (bigger stats on riven) and some get decreased disposition (lower stats on riven). Here is last change:

Ah, I see, thanks for explanation.

3 hours ago, Aruquae said:

This is the way

20 seconds is generous

Add high strength Harrow+Wisp specters to do it in 20 milliseconds. 

With my main Gauss build Im at 400% fire rate. Thankfully I also run the helminth “energized munitions” cause otherwise Id be stuck on melee 24/7

I'm just kind of bummed that they removed the plat from the accessories pack. That was part of the appeal of the pack to me but now it's like $50 for a couple cosmetics including floofs and noggles and stuff. I know people love them but they aren't really anything I have ever cared about because you won't even see them 90% of the time you're playing. I didn't mind buying it because of the 90 day boosters and the plat but without the plat that seems like a steep ask. 

8 hours ago, ArmoredDragoness said:

We all know that with primes in the beginning they were quite the power up over the normal variants

No we don't.

From the beginning most Primes only got basic upgrades. With the Frames it was base stats like Health, Shield, Energy Max and so on. With weapons it was basic stats like Crit, Status and base Damage. We know this because those original Prime weapons were considered so out-of-use that DE put them into the Incarnon pool to bring them up to the more power-creep tier of usage with the Duviri update.

There were only ever a few weapons that got significant upgrades or specific Prime effects. While there was a period that some players look back on fondly and note that there was a trend for Prime Weapons to get a special feature, even back then it was less than half of the releases for that time period.

I mean... even if I'm missing ones, I can only find 8 weapons with a Prime effect that didn't exist on the base variant, or didn't exist when used as a Signature weapon by a Warframe. Even if there's one or two more... that's hardly a trend.

While DE did change a few weapons, so that something like the Corinth now reloads the entire magazine at once, instead of individually like the base, that's... debatable.

It's genuinely weird to me when people make sweeping statements like 'we all know X' and... history literally says we don't.

Even the complaint about ammo limitation really falls flat after DE redid the Ammo Drops and per-weapon based Ammo Pickup. Oh, and that little point where ammo mutation functions have been a thing for many, many years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cyanstripes said:

I'm just kind of bummed that they removed the plat from the accessories pack

I'm super bummed personally. I think not getting plat completely destroys the value of the accessory pack. There's basically no reason not to just get the $140 edition of the Prime Access, which is sadly probably what DE wants anyway. Money first for companies, always.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArmoredDragoness said:

I already can picture acceltra and akarius prime not being useful in the long run

For the past 2 years that we have statistics for, both Acceltra and Akarius have been in the top 10 most-used weapons.  Those are weapons that don't need buffs.

And the fact they're getting buffs regardless means that their usage will most likely increase.

Source: https://www.warframe.com/2022stats

10 minutes ago, StrawberrySparrow said:
1 hour ago, Cyanstripes said:

I'm just kind of bummed that they removed the plat from the accessories pack

I'm super bummed personally. I think not getting plat completely destroys the value of the accessory pack. There's basically no reason not to just get the $140 edition of the Prime Access, which is sadly probably what DE wants anyway. Money first for companies, always.

Wait... there is even even 140$ edition of prime access?

In here:

https://www.warframe.com/prime-access

In my currency changed to dollars the 3rd cost ~85$. The one with 2 weapons, frame ~4k plat, 2 gliphs and prime accessories.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

No we don't.

Bird's right, the only "power up" Primes had in the beginning was that they had an extra polarity or two, maybe a cosmetic change to their power as well. It wasn't until Vauban prime or so that they improved the stats on Primes as well.

As for the platinum on Prime Accessories, you would only get that on console purchases, it never has been a thing on PC. If they removed it on consoles, that is the price you paid to get cross save and play on PC where, instead of that, you get 20-75% discounts on platinum packs.

• Like 2

meh, I'm bjust glad for an improved version of Gauss and Acceltra. don't really like the Akarius tbh. 

the base sprint speed alone is enough to make a speed-freak want Gauss Prime.. can't wait to see what he'll do with Armored Agility, Rush, Speed and Haste Motes behind him!