Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How long i should stay in a endless mission and not get banned?

Shinmei

Question

It's a serious question, i've see some people getting banned for staying too long (20+ hours) in survival / disruption missions, i just back in the game after a few years break and i don't know what's the dev's mood now for that kind of gameplay, i do know in the past a few fellow tennos got banned for playing too long runs, i'm a legit player and want to do legit runs to test myself out but i want to play safe, so what's the "safe zone" for long endurance runs? Please save yourself from sarcastic and nonsense comments.

Edited by Shinmei
  • Like 1

21 answers to this question

Honestly, there really isn't a "Safe Zone" since the ban can trigger regardless, even if you pause the game on a solo match so I heard but since everyone will have a wide range of results and options on what the "safe zone" is and you won't always be 100% correct.

So the only real answer to your question is: Do this at your own Risk

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

I go for two hours SP solo, I find that's long enough I get bored with it.

I reckon 8 hours should be pretty safe, others will be along with horror stories and most likely better times to tell you.

20 hours+ damn, I'd need an IV inserted in the arm pumping something to keep me going as well as a commode to sit on and plenty of air freshener or peg. :tongue:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Honestly, there really isn't a "Safe Zone" since the ban can trigger regardless, even if you pause the game on a solo match so I heard but since everyone will have a wide range of results and options on what the "safe zone" is and you won't always be 100% correct.

So the only real answer to your question is: Do this at your own Risk

That's the point of my question, why should i ever get a risk of be banned if i'm playing a game wich offers me an "endless mission" game mode? that's the thing i trully don't understand, im asking that because i was thinking doing a long endurance surivival mission which is my favorite game mode endlessly since steel path is a new thing for me, but i was advised by a clan mate to not do this because i can be banned (!!) in doing so, which of course triggers my question.

As long as you want, provided you're not using any sort of macros, scripts or cheating programs to play the game for you or allow you to perform outside the limitations of the system (i.e. preventing the anti-AFK measures).

Granted, playing a game for 20 hours straight is inadvisable, more out of the fact that it's extremely unhealthy behavior. Your body needs breaks, needs to move around, needs food and most importantly, needs sleep. 

Lastly, if you're concerned about doing something that may trigger a temporary suspension on your account, contact DE Customer Support to inquire about things like this, as we on the forums can only speculate and may inadvertently cause misinformation to spread. You could also stream the mission, or record it as a video (though a 20h long video may be best to record at a lower resolution).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shinmei said:

That's the point of my question, why should i ever get a risk of be banned if i'm playing a game wich offers me an "endless mission" game mode? that's the thing i trully don't understand, im asking that because i was thinking doing a long endurance surivival mission which is my favorite game mode endlessly since steel path is a new thing for me, but i was advised by a clan mate to not do this because i can be banned (!!) in doing so, which of course triggers my question.

Eh, Letter13 beat me to it

Pretty much what he said

18 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

I highly doubt people are playing for 20 hours straight, when solo you can pause and to think that is lol.

Is not hard as it seems, back in the day long before incarnon stuff and such powerful frames and weapons we have now, i was able to do a wave 100 void defense using only an excalibur, when enemies scaling was literally insane, not to mention now we can pause the game in solo as you said, which is much more easy to do, (BTW, pausing the game will STOP the actual mission time)  since im back to the game i intented to do some crazy stuff like the good old days because i love theorycraft and im not really into the meta stuff , good old meta stuff are now trash, so no thanks.

1 hour ago, Letter13 said:

Granted, playing a game for 20 hours straight is inadvisable, more out of the fact that it's extremely unhealthy behavior. Your body needs breaks, needs to move around, needs food and most importantly, needs sleep. 

I really want to believe that you do know we can pause the game when in solo, right?

Edited by Shinmei
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Letter13 said:

As long as you want, provided you're not using any sort of macros, scripts or cheating programs to play the game for you or allow you to perform outside the limitations of the system (i.e. preventing the anti-AFK measures).

Lastly, if you're concerned about doing something that may trigger a temporary suspension on your account, contact DE Customer Support to inquire about things like this, as we on the forums can only speculate and may inadvertently cause misinformation to spread. You could also stream the mission, or record it as a video (though a 20h long video may be best to record at a lower resolution).

I might also add don't go around harassing people about the issue.

Recently watched a couple of videos about people getting banned and this is what everyone was doing with going around trying to ping everyone at DE they possibly could in hopes that it will lead them to get unbanned/more attention about the issue will not help but rather make your case even worse if that is the low you are having to slump to instead of using the official support channels to resolve the issues.

4 minutes ago, Shinmei said:

Is not hard as it seems, back in the day long before incarnon stuff and such powerful frames and weapons we have now, i was able to do a wave 100 void defense using only an excalibur, when enemies scaling was literally insane, not to mention now we can pause the game in solo as you said, which is much more easy to do, (BTW, pausing the game will STOP the actual mission time)  since im back to the game i intented to do some crazy stuff like the good old days because i love theorycraft and im not really into the meta stuff , good old meta stuff are now trash, so no thanks.

I really want to believe that you do know we can pause the game when in solo, right?

Ohh ye you’re totally right i agree, it’s freezes the game timer, but i mean in real life time 20 hours without breaks i highly doubt 20 hours without going to the toilet at least once is possible but ye you’re points valid.

22 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

I might also add don't go around harassing people about the issue.

Recently watched a couple of videos about people getting banned and this is what everyone was doing with going around trying to ping everyone at DE they possibly could in hopes that it will lead them to get unbanned/more attention about the issue will not help but rather make your case even worse if that is the low you are having to slump to instead of using the official support channels to resolve the issues.

I'm not try to ping no one here, im not afilliated with any channel or clan or whatever, my question was a legit question, im not gonna lie, yes did received warnings about it, include some videos links from people who got banned doing the same, so before I ( not any channel, person or Dev, or whaever may be ) got into trouble doing what i was supposed to do, i came here kindly ask for a clarification from more up to date fellow players.

Also, saying im "harassing" someone here in this post is, at least, a very inappopriate way to start a conversation, just a remind to have manners when dealing with other people you don't know.

Edited by Shinmei

My best guess is:

If you don't have boosters and don't use a Smeeta, you can go for 8 hours no problem. If you get lucky on your Smeeta buffs however, the automated detection system might flag your "unreasonable amount of ressources" after as little as 2 hours, triggering most likely a trade ban.

There is never a guarantee you won't get banned though, just recently a guy who streamed himself playing a survival massion for 90 hours or so (with pauses of course) got banned... he did successfully appeal however.

• Like 1

Well, ban someone who pass those said 8 hours mark, but at same time giving things like helminth system, frames like Voruna, Citrine, Revenant, weapons like Torid Incarnon, Burston , Melee Arcanes and after all of those and more things didn't expect some guys to reach unprecedented game play is, at minimum, a naive guess.

18 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

My best guess is:

If you don't have boosters and don't use a Smeeta, you can go for 8 hours no problem.

From what I remember, boosters actually make it less likely you get striked.

I heard of stories of people in a squad going for really long missions and the guy with the resource drop chance/mod drop chance booster being the only one that didn't get a ban while the others did get trade banned.

This has been a while ago, so DE probably adjusted their trade ban bot by now.

7 hours ago, Letter13 said:

My friend got banned for two weeks after an 11 hour survival in solo mode, taking breaks while the game was paused, so maybe he played for 4 or 5 hours in total. He didn't use any automations, nor exploits, and contacting DE customer support didn't help at all. @Ksape9901

Edited by VibingCat
  • Like 2

Yeah, so I'll add my two cents to this.  I did an 11 hour solo run where I played for 4-5 hours.  Like mentioned above I got a two week ban.  This was due to idling in the solo mission too long as I used esc to pause the game to take care of irl stuff, and I'm too busy to be able to do 5 hours straight.

Apparently pausing the game like this for periods of time and idling, even in solo mode, can trigger the system to mark your as afk farming.  Now how you afk farming while being idle for extended periods of time (on a rhino no less) is beyond me to comprehend.  But I'll add the following:

1. They will not accept video proof, I had it and tried, they didn't want it

2. They will most likely not receive the ban, especially temporary

My advice is go 2-3 hours.  And even though the endless mission, and the game, had a tool for you to use in solo mode to pause the game to do other things... Don't use it for too long.  

• Like 5

Nobody is getting outright banned unless they're actually breaking TOS in some way or have background programs running that DE considers suspicious (cheat engine/any memory editor for example). Also reminder that abusing exploits/bugs also falls under breaking the TOS.

Now as for a trade suspension that's entirely different from a ban. They're always temporary and some players have received them dozens of times with no greater concern than not being able to trade for a week or two. Also the time spent in a mission isn't the only factor DE looks at when issuing automatic trade suspensions. Just the amount of loot drops you got can trigger it as evident by people who got suspensions because they had multiple 5-6x Smeeta procs in a run.

You can get temp banned for it for running long missions, even without cheating.  I got a 2 week ban for what I wrote above.  Idling can cause a flag and they treat that as afk farming... don't know how that logic tracks, but it is what it is.  

As for what you said, yes, multiple smeeta procs can help trigger it as well.  The longer the run the higher chance of that happening.  This is why less and less people do long runs, and why it is advised against doing them.  I didn't know pausing during a run with Esc could also lead to at least a temp ban, but that's just another thing on the list of things that aren't against ToS that can lead to the bans.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ksape9901 said:

Idling can cause a flag and they treat that as afk farming... don't know how that logic tracks, but it is what it is.  

Are you sure it was the idling "itself", or did you do other stuff on your computer that pushed Warframe into "the background"?

That might (and I want to stress "might") be what did one of my friends in, he was actually writing his thesis and playing Warframe at the same time, switching to playing  Warframe to clear his head when he got stuck (with the the writing and the analyzing, he was running Python that in turn was running chained multivariate regressions). He had used this "method" for over a month with no problems doing normal missions, but then went into a solo endless (farming Steel Essence for relic packs) and bam!, was banned the next day when he tried to log in. Luckily it was a time-limited ban. But (of course) there was no explanation pin-pointing why, so the working theory is that "something" reacted based on the combination of switching "Windows focus" away from Warframe and doing other stuff on the computer while in Solo Endless.

56 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

Are you sure it was the idling "itself", or did you do other stuff on your computer that pushed Warframe into "the background"?

That might (and I want to stress "might") be what did one of my friends in, he was actually writing his thesis and playing Warframe at the same time, switching to playing  Warframe to clear his head when he got stuck (with the the writing and the analyzing, he was running Python that in turn was running chained multivariate regressions). He had used this "method" for over a month with no problems doing normal missions, but then went into a solo endless (farming Steel Essence for relic packs) and bam!, was banned the next day when he tried to log in. Luckily it was a time-limited ban. But (of course) there was no explanation pin-pointing why, so the working theory is that "something" reacted based on the combination of switching "Windows focus" away from Warframe and doing other stuff on the computer while in Solo Endless.

So when I asked them the exact quote was that there was excessive idling during missions, which is a sign of afk farming and possibly botting.  Now while that logic doesn't track at all (if you're botting... or afk farming... you literally cannot be idle, as inputs are being sent) but that's what they sent.

Generally when I play I start the mission, play for an hour or two, then pause and go do something else.  Come back in a couple hours and keep going.  Rinse and repeat until level cap.  I do sometimes click around in the background, but that's more to switch music.  I have a separate computer for work related things. 

To me it's quite amazing you can get banned for using their own systems, but it's a known issue in warframe.  I generally don't advise going over 3 hours or pausing the game now.  Do note that when I talked to support, I offered to send video proof, and they literally did not care, and sent me copy and paste responses.  Don't expect them to help, especially on a temp ban.

• Like 2

There is no safe zone but you also won't get banned in solo for pausing for a long time. I've literally left my game paused for 4 days straight in a solo survival on Mot in SP and no repercussions because it doesn't break anything to do with TOS. Anyone saying they've been banned for this is just cappin' for attention.