Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Syndicates Cost Rebalance Alerts

[DE]Taylor

Solaris United is actually very reasonable, however, I don’t think vox Solaris is getting a refund that is just as equal. Solaris United uses bonds as rank up requirements and can also be used to gain standing with them. With the systems, yes they’re needed for ranking up, but they can’t be turned in for standing. I feel like giving away the basic Calda, Sola, and Vega toroid would be a more fair equivalent. Toroids are also needed to rank up with vox Solaris but they can also be used to gain standing with Vox Solaris like bonds do with Solaris United.

• Like 3

1 час назад, [DE]Taylor сказал:

With that said, we understand that there are Tenno who want to engage in this content before this change goes live -- or who have recently invested in it

or people who done it long ago and who got f**ed up by devs once more

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Czin said:

Why no direct refund? You've done plenty dynamic, straight to inbox refunds on system changes in the past. So why now a shift? Disappointing.

Porb because it'll be easier to do alerts like this than a full refund I don't know

The entire player base?

47 minutes ago, Czin said:

Why no direct refund? You've done plenty dynamic, straight to inbox refunds on system changes in the past. So why now a shift? Disappointing.

To be fair. Those don't usually hit right either.

"We reworked Condition Overload after a year. Here's a forma."  =D

To be honest, I don't care for a refund. I'm perfectly having players having to not deal with the headache that is standing.
However, why not just make standing as a whole less of a problem?

At this point, Standing is really the biggest hurdle a player can have with this game since it cannot be bypassed by any means.
INCLUDING payment options like Platinum. Even if I wanted to make some "Super skilled, super impressive speedrun" of Warframe, I can't. We can rush Dojo rooms, Foundry blueprints and even purchase weapons/Warframes outright if we so desire. I can't easily make a Necramech and that prevents such a run.
Most of this is widely excused by the fact that Platinum is tradable, however.

It's artificially inflating "retention time", sure... but that means nothing when we come back the next day and dump everything we farmed up yesterday. Provided you get enough trinkets and tokens, you NEVER have to do the content. Just come back the next day and it's done.

If you want a little more info on that? I made a reply to another comment a little further down about possibly removing the cap and adding "diminishing returns" as a thing.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Little Duck and Drifter hangout event when?

Tbh, having some extra "interaction" cutscenes could be nice for some worldbuilding.

You could pay for a drink when you see one of the Fortuna NPCs (doesn't even need to be a Solaris United NPC) and they'll have a chat with ya.
You could maybe even sneak in a decoration bit if the player encounters certain NPCs enough times.
If you're lucky, you can even find off-worlders like Master Teasonai, some Relay Syndicate Members, Clem, etc.

It'd also be kinda funny if there was an actual Corpus there and he just says: "What's that look for? I'm on break, so we're all friends here."

Though, I'd prefer these interactions being something DE builds in their spare time. Food for thought though. And mildly off-topic.

3 hours ago, ajwalker65 said:

I like how Warframe is trying harder to respect player's time.

Netracells, in the distance: "Are you sure about that?"

2 hours ago, rngincomplete said:

that's nice and all but like remove daily standing limit and life would be peaceful

I'd be fine with a daily limit if it only gave diminishing returns after a certain amount. MR would instead make these diminishing returns less of a penalty. Capping at MR30.
If a player is so close to getting their standing done? It's a slap in the face to have to wait 24 hours just to access that stuff.

It still discourages super-grinding all the stuff out on Day 1, but allows players to do so IF they wish. You're gonna have those players that can take a day off and play from start to finish. Why limit them? Instead of outright denying them, make it a PROPER accomplishment to get it done anyway.
"You worked hard, you get rewarded!"

The only reason standing is the system it is today is because players are too powerful and keep dominating content to the point where DE can't keep up.
I'd argue that's because DE won't stop feeding the players who can't live off Revenant for 0.5 seconds, but that's a whole other can of worms.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

"We reworked Condition Overload after a year. Here's a forma."  =D

To be fair, I'll take a Forma over some trinkets. The Forma can be used in all sorts of places and it's useful for newbies and veterans alike.
Seriously, the amount of Forma required to make everything (provided you're using someone else's Dojo) is EASILY in the triple digits.

1 hour ago, MourningBeloveth said:

More pandering to the plethora of new players who want all the rewards with none of the work.

Honestly, it just sounds like preparing for the Mobile Gaming Community's incredibly low aptitude for basic life functions. There's a reason I audibly said out loud "This had better be a crude joke" when I saw Warframe Mobile being announced.

I don't believe for a SINGLE SECOND that anybody worth their employment thought "Warframe" on "Mobile Phones" was a good idea, let alone a functional one... I can however believe it being a "random choice ala dart board" that the superiors did on a whim. Much to the dismay of everybody else.

I don't mind DE making things "easier", especially in things like Syndicate Standing where it's ultimately just an obnoxious headache anyway.
But there ARE times where DE just does baffling decisions that leave people asking "Who is this for?"

All that extra commentary aside?
I can't be too mad at QoL fixes. It's what I've been asking for, so I can't exactly take it back.
... at the same time DE, I'mma ask it again because it's starting to get comical:

Where is the Auto-Melee Toggle?

• Like 5

Please consider the cost of all the arcanes from Vox Solaris. All other syndicates' arcane offerings either tie to the main faction standing (e.g. Cavia, Holdfasts), which can be farmed by doing bounties, or tie to easy-to-farm resources (e.g. Quills). This fact warranties the high cost (mostly 10000 standings) of those arcanes: not easy to get, but if player really dedicates to, he can eventually gets them.

Vox Solaris is the lone exception that violates all the rules: it offers exceptionally larger amount of arcanes than all other syndicates, most of which are high cost, even including very niche ones (such as Magus Drive for 10000 standings), and toroid is infamous for its farm-ability. I calculated that to rank all arcanes from Vox Solaris to max, one has to get 2560000 standings, which 2560 small toroids, or killing Profit-Taker Orb 427 times.

Please consider doing at least one of the 3 things:

• Move some arcanes to other syndicates, such as Quills
  • Lower the cost of some 10000 standings arcanes
  • Make toroid easier to farm
  • Like 6

Sorry, I haven't seen last week's Devstream because of the weather here in the Philippines... Does this rebalance include reducing the grind for debt bonds (or at least increase their drop chance)? 

For me the biggest problem with advancing in fortuna is the grinding for debt bonds since they don't drop as guaranteed rewards from bounties.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

or people who done it long ago and who got f**ed up by devs once more

2 hours ago, MourningBeloveth said:

More pandering to the plethora of new players who want all the rewards with none of the work.

Good lord, the entitlement of Warframe player. Why don't you go back playing Fortnite child?

1 hour ago, Binket_ said:

Honestly, it just sounds like preparing for the Mobile Gaming Community's incredibly low aptitude for basic life functions. There's a reason I audibly said out loud "This had better be a crude joke" when I saw Warframe Mobile being announced.

I don't believe for a SINGLE SECOND that anybody worth their employment thought "Warframe" on "Mobile Phones" was a good idea, let alone a functional one... I can however believe it being a "random choice ala dart board" that the superiors did on a whim. Much to the dismay of everybody else.

I don't mind DE making things "easier", especially in things like Syndicate Standing where it's ultimately just an obnoxious headache anyway.
But there ARE times where DE just does baffling decisions that leave people asking "Who is this for?"

WOW. A boomer. Instead of thanking the New Dev for the changes, blame it on another potential player for the community. Why don't you stick to your old PC that you complain because of fog graphic? Or every complaint you post because you got banned before

• Like 2

Unfortunately I think I spent more time grinding this to rank 5 than anything else... I really wish there was a toggle for the "reveal" at rank 5. I do know about the setting for spolier content. I don't want to have to toggle that on just for when I go into fortuna. I would only want to undo that rank up reveal. Sorry people of fortuna but it's just a body thing for me and it makes me not feel great. :/

Also I think it's rather silly that the entire game has sort this progression. It shows the most in fortuna and LD. You work super hard to rank up the syndicate only to open a mission ( or material ) that would make ranking up insanely easy and that have little use outside of the initial ranking up. Yes star days but I have hundreds and hundreds of all the bonds.  Because when you can go do PT or go with friends that can do PT ( some in five minutes or less ) and you get tons of  bonds that makes ranking up feel like a waste in some sort of way.. Like all that time and effort I put in can be accomplished in a few minutes. 

So why the time gate just to unlock content, especially when the rewards feel lack luster after all the time put in. Incarnons are the same in my book. Waiting weeks for a particular one to roll around only to then have to grind the materials and do more missions to rank up the incarnons and on top of all that still having to activate the incarnon Everytime. And sure people run PT for money but the majority are the speed running community..

In any matter I'm glad it's getting a rework and I hope new players will be able to have an even more enjoyable time. I always try to keep that in mind when things change and get reworked to make them more new player friendly. We want to grow the community and hopefully it will encourage them to keep playing...fortuna and orb vallis were ....well. I'm glad I'm passed it now 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CorbinLoveUK said:

So now that I’ve reached rank 5 you’re giving me back the items used to rank up? Isn’t that pointless? What can I use the bonds for exactly; 500 standing and hiring for railjack that no one plays. 

There is a Star Days event where you can buy lots of items with bonds. As a player who missed this event last year, because I was stuck in the Vox Solaris Quest before it ended, I had nothing, and having hundreds of extra bonds helped me get what I wanted.

When does the rebalance come into effect? just got to Fortuna yesterday and not sure if i should start trying to grind through the bounties to get standing or if i should wait untill the rebalance is up

1 hour ago, BroDutt said:

Instead of thanking the New Dev for the changes, blame it on another potential player for the community.

I shouldn't congratulate a fish for being able to swim. I shouldn't congratulate weeds for growing in my garden.
Everything has a caveat, I look at things for what they are.

I don't thank a company when they make dumb choices.
This one (Fortuna Standing) was a good choice. These are fine.
Adding (for a single example of many) Jackal to the Undercroft was a bad choice. That was silly on every viewpoint. Mechanically, Visually, Canonically-- whatever.

I think Warframe Mobile is not just a bad choice, it's a HORRIBLE choice.
... and if we have to meet QoL fixes that fit it's agenda? I'm not thankful, I'm just annoyed.

Also, why do you sound like this:
fe9.jpg

*cough* anyway *cough*

1 hour ago, KitPickles said:

If you really want to get rid of the (obnoxious) grind, remove the daily standing cap everywhere. It isn't necessary and just frustrates people.

That's what I was saying!
Though, I did go more into detail possibly incorporating a "diminishing returns" sort of ordeal.
Most people could get it done in a timely manner, but those who want to rush it all on Day 1 technically COULD.
... it would just be insanely difficult due to the standing given being so low. (Not that I think it would deter them, just gives more bragging rights! Which is perfectly fine.)

It'd strike a balance that allows the casual players to take their time while those are a bit more skilled (or just have a weekend to kill) the freedom to get it all done.

DE could very easily implement it. It even follows that whole "accessibility" ordeal they've been fixated on, without totally butchering it!

On 2024-02-05 at 11:57 PM, Binket_ said:
On 2024-02-05 at 10:30 PM, MourningBeloveth said:

I'm not mobile "gamer" (don't even have smartphone, just old good phone) so my opinion may be not great. However my opinion about mobile games is that it's much more grindier and it has much more scams. In warframe I can either farm it in e.g. 10-20 hours or buy for plat. There are some extremes (e.g. arcanes, or when you get bad luck) but you can get everything. In mobile games I hear that you grind yourself for tiny item for weeks or months or you have to pay real money... a lot of money.

7 hours ago, CrabbyMan said:

When does the rebalance come into effect? just got to Fortuna yesterday and not sure if i should start trying to grind through the bounties to get standing or if i should wait untill the rebalance is up

They said in the Dev stream they would be looking for a March update for this. In mean time, you can farm the open world of Orb Vallis and try to buy some bonds from Ticker, or do the alerts this weekend.

Edited by EverlyNyx

On 2024-02-06 at 1:42 PM, CrabbyMan said:

Grinding Fortuna falls into one of two categories:

RNG loves you and you get what you need with a normal amount of time and effort. It's repetitive but not horrifying.

RNG hates you, you never get bonds, you never get anything except the common trash rewards for every bounty, and the grind makes you regret all your life choices... (speaking from personal experience when it came to ranking Fortuna -- players like me are the reason every drop rate has an 'average' range plus the outlier variable because we are always the outliers).

If you're in the first category, I'd say play away. It's repetitive - cause bounties are repetitive - but it's fine. If in the second category, I'd seriously consider waiting, or just playing casually when you feel like it, but don't stress about trying to make it to rank 5. Reason being it took me somewhere above 100 hours of playing Fortuna bounties to get the bonds to drop and Ticker never sold what I needed when I was online. I also used the farming "abandon bounty at certain stage to maximize drop chances of the bonds" method. It still took that long.

Fortuna is just poorly balanced for prices vs acquisition of resources. As is most of the items you get from Fortuna (looking at you Caliban with your need for 40 isoplasts AND 12 orokin cells, wth?).

• Like 3