Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for a good secondary for my Ivara, to pair with her Baza

Hexerin

Question

I've been using Aksomati with Suppress, but I'd like to start using my Aksomati with other frames (and thus would want to use something else in exilus). So I'm wondering, are there any good secondaries that have integrated silence (like the Baza, innately doesn't break Ivara's Prowl)?

21 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

I've been using Aksomati with Suppress, but I'd like to start using my Aksomati with other frames (and thus would want to use something else in exilus). So I'm wondering, are there any good secondaries that have integrated silence (like the Baza, innately doesn't break Ivara's Prowl)?

Incarnon Kunai is quite fun.  Incarnon Despair would be interesting too, though I haven't used it on her.  Most throwing weapons are silent.   There's also Ballistica, which I used for a long time with her, mostly for being thematic.

28 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I've been using Aksomati with Suppress, but I'd like to start using my Aksomati with other frames (and thus would want to use something else in exilus).

You can create other builds for Aksomati that do not involve Supress. They will properly stick to the builds assigned in the setup slot.

24 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Incarnon Kunai is quite fun.  Incarnon Despair would be interesting too, though I haven't used it on her.  Most throwing weapons are silent.   There's also Ballistica, which I used for a long time with her, mostly for being thematic.

Kunai's 20% crit chance (with incarnon evo boost) is pretty bad, sadly... Despair might be worth looking into (incarnon evos bring its stats up to decent/good levels), though the incarnon form looks to be unusable due to becoming alarming.

24 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

There's also Ballistica, which I used for a long time with her, mostly for being thematic.

17 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I use the Ballistica Prime on my Ivara, it fits her well, is silent and is a godlike weapon all around anyway

Sadly, Ballistica is in the same boat as Kunai. Pretty bad, due to lack of crit scaling.

4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

You can create other builds for Aksomati that do not involve Supress. They will properly stick to the builds assigned in the setup slot.

If DE ever gets off their collective rumps and fixes the plethora of issues that are caused by using the loadout slots on individual equipment, I might start using them. Until then, however, each piece of equipment only has one build applied to it. It's just not worth the headaches and abandoned missions.

Edited by Hexerin

8 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Kunai's 20% crit chance (with incarnon evo boost) is pretty bad, sadly... Despair might be worth looking into (incarnon evos bring its stats up to decent/good levels), though the incarnon form looks to be unusable due to becoming alarming.

30% in Incarnon mode.  But I use Deathtrap Trigger which gives 48%/58% and 3x/3.4x.  I understand feeling this is too much of a PITA though.  I do wish the buff lasted a little longer.

There's not too many integrated silent secondaries from what I can see on the Wiki...if you're pairing something with the Baza a higher power secondary could be a good move, or something with native AoE.

You know what could be a decent pick if you still want to slot in silence? A Tenet Plinx, it has some good Crit stats and with the right element it can be versatile, though I know there's better things out there and farming one is a pain. A Tenet Diplos could also fill a similar niche to the Aksomati being a rapid fire dual secondary.

I'm not really the best to suggest things though, and to prove that I'll also suggest the Sancti Castanas for comedy purposes and native silence.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

I'm not really the best to suggest things though, and to prove that I'll also suggest the Sancti Castanas for comedy purposes and native silence.

Scatanas are actually one of my favorites with her.  Even though they've been powercrept, and I think nerfed with Navigator, Ivara can still do pretty hilarious warcrimes with them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

There's not too many integrated silent secondaries from what I can see on the Wiki...

Yea, that's the issue I'm really seeing here. The ones that are, seem to generally be lacking in crit scaling. Just hoping that there's something I'm missing.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

You know what could be a decent pick if you still want to slot in silence? A Tenet Plinx, it has some good Crit stats and with the right element it can be versatile, though I know there's better things out there and farming one is a pain. A Tenet Diplos could also fill a similar niche to the Aksomati being a rapid fire dual secondary.

Plinx isn't silent, so not an option for the purpose. Diplos is technically silent, but it still breaks Prowl without Suppress equipped, so also not an option. Sancti Castanas are a bit better than Kunai on the crit scaling front, but they suffer from being a two-part thing (the embedding will alert enemies before you can detonate, so could cause problems).

28 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

If DE ever gets off their collective rumps and fixes the plethora of issues that are caused by using the loadout slots on individual equipment, I might start using them.

What issues? I have been playing like this forever and havent experienced any.

I currently run supressed Magnus P on her with https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Deadly_Maneuvers considering she rolls a lot anyway, but I find it hard to get headshots because enemies keep moving because they cant see and shot me in Prowl.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

Yea, that's the issue I'm really seeing here. The ones that are, seem to generally be lacking in crit scaling. Just hoping that there's something I'm missing.

Plinx isn't silent, so not an option for the purpose. Diplos is technically silent, but it still breaks Prowl without Suppress equipped, so also not an option. Sancti Castanas are a bit better than Kunai on the crit scaling front, but they suffer from being a two-part thing (the embedding will alert enemies before you can detonate, so could cause problems).

That's definitely the tough part, but it would be easier to slot in Hush into Tenet weapons since they gain capacity via Forma (thus negating the negative of having to use the Exilus slot), the only non-explosive Thrown Secondary that has a decent amount of base crit scaling that I can see on the list is the Spira Prime...which yeah huge pain being Vaulted and all.

I'm pretty sure that having to slot in silence is going to be the only realistic avenue for supporting Ivara's stealth...I've been looking over the list for the past few minutes trying to help but I keep coming up short with ideas, apologies for that.

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That's definitely the tough part, but it would be easier to slot in Hush into Tenet weapons since they gain capacity via Forma (thus negating the negative of having to use the Exilus slot), the only non-explosive Thrown Secondary that has a decent amount of base crit scaling that I can see on the list is the Spira Prime...which yeah huge pain being Vaulted and all.

I'm pretty sure that having to slot in silence is going to be the only realistic avenue for supporting Ivara's stealth...I've been looking over the list for the past few minutes trying to help but I keep coming up short with ideas, apologies for that.

Unfortunately, that strength of Kuva/Tenet rolls back to the aforementioned loadout issues.

8 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

What issues? I have been playing like this forever and havent experienced any.

I currently run supressed Magnus P on her with https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Deadly_Maneuvers considering she rolls a lot anyway, but I find it hard to get headshots because enemies keep moving because they cant see and shot me in Prowl.

Just to name a few: Forma are globally applied rather than having the option to apply per-loadout (limits build options, especially for warframes). You can't use whole loadouts for Duviri, so often you'll end up forgetting to swap to the individual loadout you want and screw your run. Additionally for Duviri, exalt loadout isn't even selectable but rather is based on your warframe's selected loadout (and if you don't have an exalt loadout for that slot, your exalt becomes modless).

Edited by Hexerin

11 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Sancti Castanas are a bit better than Kunai on the crit scaling front, but they suffer from being a two-part thing (the embedding will alert enemies before you can detonate, so could cause problems).

You might be thinking of Aegrit?  Unlike Castanas and Talons Aegrit's mines do damage before detonation.   Castanas don't have this problem/feature and don't run the risk of alerting enemies until detonation. (Sometimes enemies will make "what was that" noises, but their alert level won't actually change.)  Of course since they're AoE they have issues maintaining the stealth bonuses.

I'm kind of surprised you care about alert level though, considering you're using Baza.   Despite great critstats and innate silence it's not exactly the best stealth kill weapon unless you're dealing with relatively weak enemies.   One of the reasons I gravitate toward bows, snipers, and similar high 1HK potential weapons on her.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

any good secondaries that have integrated silence

Why does it need to be innate, though? Just slap Suppress into the Exilus slot.

To complement your full-auto single-target Primary, a silenced AoE weapon
can be quite fun / effective, I've enjoyed e.g. Akarius and Sporelacer in that role.

Laetum, not least in combination with invis / sleep for easy headshots, is also great of course.

But, if it MUST be innately silent, you certainly could give Aegrit a try, quite beastly if you can manage the ammo.

11 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Just to name a few: Forma are globally applied rather than having the option to apply per-loadout (limits build options, especially for warframes). You can't use whole loadouts for Duviri, so often you'll end up forgetting to swap to the individual loadout you want and screw your run. Additionally for Duviri, exalt loadout isn't even selectable but rather is based on your warframe's selected loadout (and if you don't have an exalt loadout for that slot, your exalt becomes modless).

None of these beside the exalted thing one seem to be a bug. And the exalted thing one is easily solved by matching letters of your weapon loudouts to your frame loudouts. And literally none of those even slightly affects the Aksomati build variants.

7 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

You have read just the title, right? Did not bother reading the actual post.

Edited by Zakkhar

6 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

You might be thinking of Aegrit?  Unlike Castanas and Talons Aegrit's mines do damage before detonation.   Castanas don't have this problem/feature and don't run the risk of alerting enemies until detonation. (Sometimes enemies will make "what was that" noises, but their alert level won't actually change.)  Of course since they're AoE they have issues maintaining the stealth bonuses.

I'm kind of surprised you care about alert level though, considering you're using Baza.   Despite great critstats and innate silence it's not exactly the best stealth kill weapon unless you're dealing with relatively weak enemies.   One of the reasons I gravitate toward bows, snipers, and similar high 1HK potential weapons on her.

Pretty sure the embedded thrown weapons all cause alert to the enemy from the embedding, although now I'm kinda curious. Stealth bonus is whatever to me though, if I need affinity I'll just run (E)SO. The "what was that" is an alert elevation, by the way. You'll notice they gain the interior pip on their arrow, and this can sometimes cause them to run off to set off the alarms (or guaranteed to if within a Spy vault).

Baza is a monster, not sure where you're getting the idea that it's bad. That being said, Baza is more of a fallback, as I run around with Artemis Bow (with Concentrated Arrow) equipped for primary when things aren't going sideways.

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I don't want the exilus slot to be forced into Suppress, so that I can potentially also use the weapon for other purposes without having to micromanage its build.

5 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

None of these beside the exalted thing one seem to be a bug. And the exalted thing one is easily solved by matching letters of your weapon loudouts to your frame loudouts. And literally none of those even slightly affects the Aksomati build variants.

Never said bug, said issues. That includes both usability problems and bugs. I have zero actual hope that any of them will be adjusted/fixed though, which is why I never bother thinking about it and just play around them.

12 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Pretty sure the embedded thrown weapons all cause alert to the enemy from the embedding, although now I'm kinda curious. Stealth bonus is whatever to me though, if I need affinity I'll just run (E)SO. The "what was that" is an alert elevation, by the way. You'll notice they gain the interior pip on their arrow, and this can sometimes cause them to run off to set off the alarms (or guaranteed to if within a Spy vault).

I just verified in a mission.  Mines hitting never changed alert level even when a grineer target made an audible exclamation.  Checked via map icon and stealth affinity buff. (And for what it's worth, I have a humorous amount of experience using these weapons with Ivara, and this is consistent with my experience.)

Warframe being the game it is, it wouldn't shock me if there are sometimes exceptions.  I'd be tempted to bug report in those cases though.  I'll try in a spy vault later.

20 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Baza is a monster, not sure where you're getting the idea that it's bad.

I didn't say it was bad.  Only that it's bad at stealth kills, by which I only meant killing enemies in a non alerted state. But I think I misinterpreted that as being part of why you wanted a silent weapon.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I don't want the exilus slot to be forced into Suppress, so that I can potentially also use the weapon for other purposes without having to micromanage its build.

You can use plenty other Mods with a - Polarity, or even leave the slot unpolarized.

Make a Mod Config / Loadout slot for stealth, leave the "normal" build on the first Config slot.

11 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

You can use plenty other Mods with a - Polarity, or even leave the slot unpolarized.

Make a Mod Config / Loadout slot for stealth, leave the "normal" build on the first Config slot.

Please read the responses, this has already been gone over.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Please read the responses, this has already been gone over.

Are you referring to this?

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

the plethora of issues that are caused by using the loadout slots on individual equipment

I'd appreciate it if you could clarify what you mean here,
I'm not aware of any serious issues using Loadouts / multiple Configs on weapons.

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You have mentioned you don't want to use Suppress but without it, you are missing out on a lot of guns, I use my Tenet Plinx and others with Ivara and the secondary fire destroys groups of Steel Path enemies, if you want extra fun add Ensare group them up before using the secondary fire which sometimes pulls in more as they all detonate in glorious mayhem. :devil:

As you have stated not many around with built in silence which limits you, multitasking configs aren't that bad, I use loadouts and they work great.