Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What gear do you like even though it's not meta?

I've always loved the ocucor, way before the nightwave mod made it more popular. Now you see it a lot more.

Akjagara Prime, to me the best looking gun in the game and I absolutely love the reload animation.

Sobek. Not a big user of rivens but I have a fun one for this with fire rate and negative recoil which makes it look like a beefy uncontrollable machine (and gives you motion sickness).

For frames I've always loved garuda and miss the low health, high strength risk/reward strategy she used. She looks great and has some of the best tennogen out there.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I use my classic build of “Quick thinking Garuda” because of I love going berserker. Doesn’t have much range, but enough power strength for a big concentrated boom from her period ball. 
No melee for obvious reasons, but for the primary, I enjoy the Scourge Prime because I love spearguns. It also pushes me to hit headshots with all of my “on headshot mods.” I also use Nataruk… but I got no clue what’s meta so I wasn’t sure if I should include it. Nataruk is probably my favorite though, I added high fire rate to make it harder to hit the “perfect shot,” but it also makes the bow smoother to use. 
For secondary I love the Knell Prime. Nothing competes

With the introduction of Melee Influence I gotta say that I enjoy most melee aslong as they have acceptable crit and/or status. I have some slight issues being able to like Tonfas due to lacking a slide attack, though that could be a Sovereign Outcast issue, so I should probably try some other stance. But Influence had made it go as far as me at times using a 2h Nikana in a non-HA build. 😲

Bo Prime, Sancti Magistar and Nami Solo are really nice though with their incarnon forms. And any weapon with multi-hit stance combos are monsters now. 

And with ranged weapons I enjoy Boar, Strun, Braton, Dual Toxocyst and Burston Incarnon aswell as the Grimoire. I was hoping that I'd like Angstrum Incarnon, but the incarnon mode just has something about it that makes it feel off. Not sure what it is.

But yeah mostly I've just fallen involve with using a bunch of different melee again.

I love finding off-meta gear to use. I'm always trying new builds. My only real limitation is how much forma I have.

Warframe wise, Zephyr is easily one of my favorites. Gyre, before she was cool, Yareli, because I'm a masochist, and of course Titania is my most played for a reason (and not just in fissures)

Vaykor Hek is a big favorite of mine, but I love just about every shotgun (except the Rauta, hate that one). Is Truman meta? Love that one too. 

Kompressa is hands down my favorite secondary. It's just funny to kill with the bubble gun.

Ceti-lacera and Volnus Prime are some of my most used melees, but give me any hammer and I'm happy. Arca titron is probably going to be used more with upcoming slam damage scaling. Tenet Exec too. Oh and Sampotes is the only Drifter weapon I use.

I don't really pay attention to meta but I'm pretty sure the Ooltha zaw strike is often overlooked when compared to the Mewan for single handed swords. They have the same amount of base damage as each other, the only difference is how that damage is distributed between slash, puncture, and impact. But because the Mewan is more popular, the Ooltha has a higher riven disposition. I have an amazing riven (+melee damage, +crit chance, +puncture) for my Ooltha/Peye/Vargeet2Jai zaw making it the most powerful melee weapon in my arsenal. Combo this with Melee Retaliation while I'm using Revenant (Primed Redirection, Primed Vigor, Primed Flow) with 4 tauforged violet archon shards (Gain +37.5% Melee Critical Damage. When max Energy is over 500, the damage boost doubles.).

As for frames I know there are more popular stealth frames then Loki but while Loki's Invisibility doesn't have any extra bells or whistles like the others it does have the highest base duration when compared to them. Combo that with enough ability efficiency and some decent energy regen and I can go invis for a whole mission (and this was BEFORE they introduced Energy Nexus). Arcane Nullifier ensures I don't lose energy to magnetic status. Arcane Barrier, Adaptation and extra shielding makes for a good insurance policy should any damage happen to hit me (Grineer shock traps). Perspicacity let's me auto-hack terminals, though I usually hack them myself unless there's a time limit. All this to say that my Loki can calmly strut his way through just about anything short of a toxin cloud.

On 2024-02-29 at 7:10 PM, Pakaku said:

unironically like the Stug with how I've built it

On 2024-02-29 at 6:19 PM, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Stug , picked not because of the op dmg, but utility and occasional corpse launches,but its doing ok in sp too, enemies die by stugs dmg or laughing at stugs dmg.

Can y'all share your Stug builds?  I've never been able to figure out how to do anything with that weapon, leaving it with the status of "worst weapon in the game" in my mind.  What am I missing?  I would love to know how to kill enemies with goop.

(apologies for the late reply, I had thought this was sent but guessing an auto-logout confused the process)

• Like 1

Aegrit.  It is so satisfying when you toss it and remotely detonate it at the right time for maximum effect. It just destroys with the right build.

Innodem. A dagger I have been addicted to since Kullervo arrived.

• Like 2

It's almost like players enjoy using non-AoE weapons. Too bad the game doesn't.

On 2024-03-01 at 9:55 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Nami Solo are really nice though

Machete has been overlooked since Kraken came out. While the old Kraken was way better the stance wasn't destroyed at least.
Nami Solo is pretty much the best of them at base value.

5 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

Can y'all share your Stug builds?  I've never been able to figure out how to do anything with that weapon, leaving it with the status of "worst weapon in the game" in my mind.  What am I missing?  I would love to know how to kill enemies with goop.

(apologies for the late reply, I had thought this was sent but guessing an auto-logout confused the process)

My approach relies on arcane avenger, and arcane pistoleer. Since im grendel user nourish is bonus and armor trip to further increase performance, but for casual play not needed.

Build- pathogen rounds, hornet strike, lethal torrent, galvenize diffusion,prime convolusion, accelel isotope, riven and prime heat, with exilus being pojectile speed.

Thats what i use. would use prime bane mod in isotopes place, but mod capacity doesnt allow even fully forma`d.

Edited by AntifreezeUnder0
  • Like 1

I'm fairly sure nothing I use is considered "META", but I don't keep up to date with the current stuff on Youtube, or follow build guides, so I could coincedentally be using good stuff.

Anyway, my comfort setup, that I return to when not using specific frames for specific reasons as "tools", is:
Inaros
Cedu (alt-fire primer)
A kitgun (catchmoon, rarely used, has infinite ammo, useful in archon hunts vs the sentients with the container belts)
I mainly use either the Orthos Prime, or a zaw polearm (my Komodo Fang) based on the plaguestar kripath blade.

Prior to the companion update, I always used Djinn, because he auto-revived. Now I use Helios normally, but Nautilus in Railjack.

I use Loki for spy and rescue, Nekros for survival, Frost or Wisp for defense, Oberon for Eidolon hunts, etc. Weaponry hardly ever changes... though, I like the Arca Plasmor in stealth missions, because it destroys the corpse, and Loki makes it silent.

Almost everything.

I own and have fully modded most weapons in the game, with rivens for those that need it to be SP viable. My goal has been exactly that, to make everything SP viable. With melee that’s easy nowadays. As for the rest I’ve struggled the most with Alternox, lol.

Currently enjoying Tysis, Zhuge Prime among others. But I bring something to level in almost every mission, so I mix things up a lot. It boggles the mind why so many use the same 4-5 weapons, when most things can be modded to deal with at least one hour SP runs. Few play longer runs, and why not save the incarnons for those, I wonder.

I just love having a lot to choose from.

13 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Machete has been overlooked since Kraken came out. While the old Kraken was way better the stance wasn't destroyed at least.
Nami Solo is pretty much the best of them at base value.

The incarnon is crazy on it. You can reach close to 9m with primed reach, the base range of it and the 3m from the incarnon activation, then if you wanna go real crazy you can probably get another 3m or so from a riven. And it is the same with Bo (Prime), though Bo isnt a slash monster.

Pretty much my entire main loadout.

I have meta weapons but usually only use em if I actually need em or if given no other choice (Duviri: Here's a Paris, a Veldt, or a Cedo. *drifter turns around and gives Teshin the stink eye and a middle finger*)

Primaries:

Tenet Arca Plasmor (formerly Arca Plasmor. I will never forget when it launched and folks called it MR Fodder and to get a "real" shotgun...the Tigris. )

Corinth

Tiberon

Lanka

Snipetron Vandal

Probiosis Cernos

Kuva Quartakk (Formerly my Quartakk)

Kuva Chakkur

Lenz

Daikyu

Baza Prime

My Kitgun Primaries (Specifically my X-Buster)

Bazmu

Secondaries:

Aklex Prime (Formerly Aklex)

Akmagnus

Magnus Prime (Formerly Magnus)

Aegrit (The best and funnest thrown bomb in the entire game. I renamed them: Porta-Nuke)

Tenet Diplos (Named: Axl Bullet)

Tenet Cycron (Formerly my Cycron)

Tenet Detron (Formerly my Mara Detron)

Plinx (Working on getting a Tenet Plinx)

I love Corpus/Sci-Fi Tech. If it shoots lasers. I own it. I don't play space/scifi games and media to shoot modern day/conventional weapons.

Kuva Brakk (Formerly my Brakk) 

Pox

Laetum (I never see anyone using this)

My Kit Guns: Arca Cazziod, Arca Malevolence, and Arca Arminius

Zymos

Melee:

Nikana Prime (Named Z-Saber)

Syam (My new Z-Saber)

Hate 

Rattleguts

Plasma Sword (my first lightsaber in this game)

My Nikana Zaw: Original Sin

My Polearm Zaw: Pretty sure if I named it they'd patch out the name.

My Stave Zaw: Sin of the Reaper

Secura Lecta (Renamed: Dads Belt)

Verdilac

Neferi (Renamed: Blades of Chaos) 

Ceti Lacera

• 3 weeks later...

Im a sucker for signature weapons, or weapons that just fit a frame. No matter how non-meta they might be, if they can do something, ill use it in most missions on a specific frame. Ill always use Cedo on Lavos, Quassus on Xaku, hell even Velox on Protea etc., no matter what might be better.

Edited by Avrael_Asgard

• 3 weeks later...

warframes:

nyx, inaros, vauban, frost & caliban

primaries:

hind (it feels like the hammerburst from gow)

boltor prime/telos (boltor ftw)

soma prime, supra vandal

burston prime (i don't have incarnons, but do have a riven with +100% crit chance and -129% recoil. laser burston.)

braton prime (specifically with vile precision and critical delay, the fire rate feels just right with the audio design, even if it makes the weapon bad)

kohm (not even the kuva version, the default is already busted)

secondaries:

zylok (i like it despite not liking the duplex firing mode. it does not work in the case of the zylok, it being a precision pistol with only 8 shots. and the stats are lackluster too, the crit chance is almost purposefully bad. the prime fixes most of that but it looks bad compared to the original so i'm gonna keep the original)

aklex prime (same case with the zylok, many defects but i still find it an interesting weapon to use. even stabilizer doesn't truly help the massive recoil, and then put a + fire rate mod and mod for crits. a cool, rare weapon due to it being locked behind baro/trading.)

prisma twin gremlins (not really a bad weapon, but i have a riven mod that makes it really good. 4.3 multishot with lethal torrent and a nearly fully-ranked difusion, +reload. it's a really quick and demolishing gun(s))

melee:

... they all play the same but i guess i really like the prova vandal. i've been enjoying bonk sticks a whole lot more ever i since i discovered how fun it is to use them in kenshi (spiked club & jitte)

archgun: phaedra. deploy, the gun becomes erect and ready to fire 250+ bullets of corrosion and heat. it's as sexy as it sounds. or maybe not, since it kills people. 

Usually anything I have a riven for; in this case, that'd be Bo Prime since I have built for both crit and status, and Furis since the incarnon makes it a microwave gun and the riven I'm using makes it a surprising fun primer.

As for frames, I've been running Qorvex a lot lately just because of how much damage I can put out on him without needing to build for ability strength.  Oberon is another; for how much complaining there is about him on the forums, he makes for a pretty fun nuke frame since Reckoning still ignores LoS and the augment lets me make the battlefield any color I want (I personally go for dark green because I'm merciful).  Banshee is another fun one between Sonar and having the cheapest armor strip in the game.  The last one I'll mention is probably Sevagoth, especially with that new augment of his (kinda wish the cap on shades was raised, but I'm guessing there's a more technical reason for it).