The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts about Maws, the Orowyrm and the idea of more snakes in warframe

goldne maws: I believe that we should have access to our own golden maws cause we had used it before the necramechs even when we had to complete the war within missions when Tenshin put us in the cave as an operator to learn our abilities.  prehab make it able to use the traditional dig and pounce enemies,  give an ability while tunneling it draws in nearby ores,  another that launces ravenous maws out of its mouth that target nearby enemy doing damage to draw within range for it to pounce and swallow them.  prehabs its traveling animation is a stream of dust traveling along the ground.  

for the idea about the orowyrm:  Give us a way to call the wyrm in either free roam or the railjack missions to use it the way you do from duviri when you've hijacked it to destroy towers etc before going to its boss fight,  it could call upon a few of the smaller draglins that fly with it to be support, one ability spitting the elemental balls and its primary attack be the breath attack that you have to charge after each use.  regardless if for free roam or railjack in space eitherway would be great.   

Now for snakes:   personally maybe a warframe that is solely designed around being a snake summoner,  an ability to make snake appear to ride on that can bite enemy and wrap around as its alt,  give it status effect that is switchable by rotating,  maybe a final ability that merges you with the snake to be like a lamia/naga to have the lower half of the snake while your able to slash and bite with its abilities.  

please feel free to post your thoughts and ideas on these three ideas who knows it may get used for us sometime

Edited by wraithhellborn
  • Like 1

Lavos is snake theme. There's that. In duviri we get to control a serpentine creature for fishing. Can't say we should have that in regular game mode. During railjack loading between missions you can clearly see the Orowyrm in the back ground. There isn't much support for new content regardling railjack so a boss battle between railjack and Orowyrm might not happen any time soon.

When you think about it, time is kind of like a snake.  When you start a mission that's the tail, and when you finish that's the head, and everything between the two is the body.  Every mission is a snake, every play session a longer snake, every account an even longer snake.  Snakes within snakes, layering and overlapping, throughout and beyond all of creation.  A single massive snake stretching from the birth of the universe until its end, with everything you've ever known constituting little more than a mote of dust within a throat so boundless you can't comprehend the length of it.

Edited by UnstarPrime

7 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

When you think about it, time is kind of like a snake.  When you start a mission that's the tail, and when you finish that's the head, and everything between the two is the body.  Every mission is a snake, every play session a longer snake, every account an even longer snake.  Snakes within snakes, layering and overlapping, throughout and beyond all of creation.  A single massive snake stretching from the birth of the universe until its end, with everything you've ever known constituting little more than a mote of dust within a throat so boundless you can't comprehend the length of it.

Hmmm you tried to go super philosophical, but missed a vital detail a snake can be a representative of time yes but not how you described it, the snake represents time by eating its own tail representing an endless loop, the best example would be the infinity symbol.

1 minute ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Hmmm you tried to go super philosophical, but missed a vital detail a snake can be a representative of time yes but not how you described it, the snake represents time by eating its own tail representing an endless loop, the best example would be the infinity symbol.

nice try but everyone knows that if you eat your own tail you die

2 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

nice try but everyone knows that if you eat your own tail you die

Argh the rebuttal to that would be, if you eat your own tail the head is constantly moving you’ll never actually get to eat the full length haha no pun intended.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

7 hours ago, wraithhellborn said:

please feel free to post your thoughts and ideas on these three ideas who knows it may get used for us sometime

golden maws, I suppose we could get them as companions, as long as they can bring something unique to the table, though i'm not sure what that would be.

Orowyrms outside of Duviri, I doubt will happen, but it would be cool.

for snake/reptile frames, we already have Lavos and technically also Chroma. I wouldn't say no to a poison based, melee-centric frame though. one that delivers an attack that deals constant toxin DoT all the time. Saryn can sort of do this already as well though.

7 hours ago, wraithhellborn said:

for the idea about the orowyrm:  Give us a way to call the wyrm in either free roam or the railjack missions to use it the way you do from duviri when you've hijacked it to destroy towers etc before going to its boss fight,  it could call upon a few of the smaller draglins that fly with it to be support, one ability spitting the elemental balls and its primary attack be the breath attack that you have to charge after each use.  regardless if for free roam or railjack in space eitherway would be great. 

Man I would love if DE added Playable Orowyrm in Railjack. Especially if you had to do some sort of Railjack Orowyrm bossfight and you get a chance for it to drop an egg.

I wanna raise space dragons and fight alongside or mind meld into them.

15 hours ago, TeaHands said:

Man I would love if DE added Playable Orowyrm in Railjack. Especially if you had to do some sort of Railjack Orowyrm bossfight and you get a chance for it to drop an egg.

I wanna raise space dragons and fight alongside or mind meld into them.

Dropping eggs the same way Kubrow eggs Drop now that's an interesting idea could follow that idea for more pet variety besides Kubrow kavat style pets could open a whole new world of possiblities

• Like 1

another thought about maws,  Maybe make a wild enemy of them in free roam like on plains or orb vallis,  think deimos would be hard to due landscape,  and after so many killed at a time then spawn a massive golden maw to fight like the orowyrm,  and upon defeating him give parts to build your own, or an egg to incubate one.  something like that.  of course it would also drop plenty of ores.

• Like 1

On 2024-03-04 at 10:45 AM, wraithhellborn said:

goldne maws: I believe that we should have access to our own golden maws cause we had used it before the necramechs even when we had to complete the war within missions when Tenshin put us in the cave as an operator to learn our abilities.  prehab make it able to use the traditional dig and pounce enemies,  give an ability while tunneling it draws in nearby ores,  another that launces ravenous maws out of its mouth that target nearby enemy doing damage to draw within range for it to pounce and swallow them.  prehabs its traveling animation is a stream of dust traveling along the ground.  

IDK. Maybe this could be a minigame added to the Plains, Vallis, & Drift to make Ore/Gem farming easier. But as something to take the Necramech slot? Not sure that could work.

Honestly, I just want to fight the Orowyrm in my Railjack as was teased when Railjack first came out.

Now for snakes:   personally maybe a warframe that is solely designed around being a snake summoner,  an ability to make snake appear to ride on that can bite enemy and wrap around as its alt,  give it status effect that is switchable by rotating,  maybe a final ability that merges you with the snake to be like a lamia/naga to have the lower half of the snake while your able to slash and bite with its abilities. 

Lavos has some snake themes, but a Frame dedicated to the idea might happen one day. We've already got Frames centered around summoning other animals.

A frame with a golden maw-ish summon or two similar to Khora and Venari could be cool. Could give them a bit of a dragon spin aswell and make the frame one that combines fire and ice, with one maw using cold attacks and the other heat. 

Could work similar to the snake pebble thing in Labs, but instead of rolling it would slither, then the attacks could be roughly the same as those mobs, with a PBAoE and a targetted beam.

• Like 1

With respect, a snake summoner sounds cliche and too typical. Making a snake appear, is... fun, but also makes me question the commitment and devotion to the idea of snakes as a theme. The snake is just some magic trick, you can make appear, just to discard when it stops being convenient? Is it even the same snake we summon, or just a cheap replacement as we flush the dead carcasses of a thousand used snakes down the metaphorically gutter? Where is the love and appreciation and commitment in that?

So I propose, permanent multiple snakes. As the actual Warframe. Not "slave snakes", like what Lavos s abusing, but make the snakes the main character. Giant writing mass of snakes. Each with different names, but as a collective, they are know as Jake Bob. Bob short for Robert. /s.

Sorry, just kidding, above isn't serious, its just one long reference to Jake the Snake Roberts, albeit a much better reference than Hulk Hogans 24 inch Pythons, so at least there's that. A snake Warframe would be cool though as well as more snakes in general, even as someone that quite already likes Lavos snakes. Lamia and Naga are also very cool. I once had an idea for a Warframe, whose arm would turn into a living snake, that could gulp up enemies from distance. Was more of a hybrid though.