Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo SP Circuit Cap Frames?

Hey so I'm curious - do you guys solo the SP circuit to cap and if so what frame(s) do you use?

I've only found one that can handle all the mission types comfortably across the board but I'm curious if you've found others. Stuff like Mesa, Saryn & Mirage can shred everything once they get enough decrees but really struggle to do excavation and defense imx, and also tend to be pretty susceptible to being one-shot by thrax and eximus sooner or later. Damage really isn't an issue - any good weapons will scale up with decrees. It tends to be more about keeping objectives alive (and surviving).

I've found a few frames that do pretty well overall and are close contenders, but struggle in one or two of the mission types.

• Like 1

This is where revenant with his thralls come in handy. And of course mesmer skin.

After new decoy augment, decoy would be great, since it will drag attention to it, so defensive objectives, stay safer.

Else its not more about frame, its about using shieldgate. And other invulnerability mechanics.

Probably xaku is good pick, to aoe armor strip and chill kill.

Octavia with mallet, since it drags attention.

• Like 2

Of all my frames, only 3 were able to do it

Garuda, Yareli, and Harrow

Most comfortable? Probably Harrow

Most berserker (and most fun imo)? Garuda

The one that just worked for some reason? Yareli 

Baruuk fell out hard because he’s so dependent on a specific setup, while Mirage is simply dead even with CC. Limbo… self explanatory. Nezha? Better than Baruuk, but his halo isn’t up for long. 
Edit: How could I forget Octavia? She was great

Edited by Aruquae

vor 10 Minuten schrieb CrownOfShadows:

Hey so I'm curious - do you guys solo the SP circuit to cap and if so what frame(s) do you use?

I've only found one that can handle all the mission types comfortably across the board but I'm curious if you've found others. Stuff like Mesa, Saryn & Mirage can shred everything once they get enough decrees but really struggle to do excavation and defense imx, and also tend to be pretty susceptible to being one-shot by thrax and eximus sooner or later. Damage really isn't an issue - any good weapons will scale up with decrees. It tends to be more about keeping objectives alive (and surviving).

I've found a few frames that do pretty well overall and are close contenders, but struggle in one or two of the mission types.

depends on the missions. and which shards/arcanes are used.
I like Khora. because their def/cc skill is good for all missions. and enemies can hardly kill Khora. For circuit I always have max health+800 armor and arcane grace build anyway. That's why it's mostly EZ Run, even if the weapons on offer are garbage.

and I almost never get good warframes there. and I also played with mesa for a long time. first class warframe for the mode.

Damage from Saryn with 3 buffs from skills is hardcore. but I've never seen her there.

I've done lvl 4000 a few times solo. Chroma, Rhino, Excal. Haven't really felt like pushing it.

4k enemies can hardly scratch Chroma/Rhino. They can end up with a dump truck of Power Strength and Armor. Excal I died before wrapping it up.
The problem wasn't really killing and surviving much as the Excavators blowing up before they hit the ground. No patience for that nonsense.

Damage isn't an issue and will never be. Esp in Circuit because they gimped enemy defense scaling. That's why I build defensive on every frame now.
It's also why I quit 5 years ago. Nothing to put that power creep to the test anymore. I am curious where it ends up at T20 though since groups quit early.

2 hours ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Probably xaku is good pick, to aoe armor strip and chill kill.

I got 2 experience with Xaku.

With Tharos strike and not 100% armor strip (so 2x cast, with 'on kill' strength buff from zariman) and some random weapon and it was "just fine".

Other time I've run same Xaku (same as above) for hour or more. I had like 40+% damage with Kuva nukor. It was easy to kill enemies. I still can get killed if I don't kill fast enough. It was some big level. And I'm not some crazy SP guy that can one-shoot everything.

I wonder how something like Roar + Xaku + 2 shards for corrosive armor stripping would feel.

• Like 1

Especially for solo, Limbo is the most versatile in circuit imo (since excavation and defence are the biggest run killer).

You go with a big cataclysm, good duration and the augment that gives you huge damage buff with your 3rd ability. You can helminth Nekros fear ability to shred armor with a good range and enemies fleeing are not an at all issue with that stasis on.

When you get used to is you only have to focus on enemies with overguard, and that's not an issue if you play with rolling guard. And with decrees anything will do damage together with your own buff and can even kill enemies through the rift plane by spreading statuses.

It works easily for survival, excavation, can be a little slow on extermination, void flood doesn't require anything particular. For defence you are also quite safe, you just really have to keep up with killing enemies with overguard first and watch out for blitz and shock eximus which is truly the only threat. The only mission that might be a little wonky is assassinations I'd say, I didn't experiment that much with Limbo since they released the corrupted Jackal and Nekros armor shred doesn't work iirc. But with decent weapons and then the decree scaling I don't think that's a real issue after all. You can event kill Jackal with the operator amp at some point so...

I've been playing until enemy reached level 9999 a few times with Limbo.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

I've used Frost, Hildryn and Loki.

Loki is an absolute cheat code because he doesn't need strong weapons to be devastating across the board. Irradiating disarm and a subsumed fire blast with healing flames will work together to keep a high duration invisible Loki alive and out of harms way. Fire Blast strips armor while disarm turns enemies away from the defense objectives and toward each other, beating each other to death. 

Frost, with nourish, does the non invisible Loki thing, but exchanges aggro reduction for freezing CC. Avalanche for overguard and armor strip.

As for Hildryn, I was lucky enough to get the Rakta Dark Dagger in the mission. It's trait reduces enemy line of sight but, most importantly, adds shield for every radiation proc in a melee strike. This means killing her is nearly impossible. I also subsumed her 1 for Daggaths 1 for the viral and stat procs, and the combo worked better than expected...although I may change it for fire blast (for the CC, knockdown and armor strip strip boost) or silence. 

hace 4 horas, CrownOfShadows dijo:

All of them...  The Decree can technically make you immortal... the problem lies in the weapons. Sometimes it comes out pure sh*t.

I had a Saryn carry us through round 15 because of the warframe decrees. It was non stop Saryn yelling. We gave up because it got too annoying. But the Saryn kept going. Not sure how long that went.

Zephyr with Silence subsumed over her 1st ability is the easiest frame for that. Just go for high range and as much duration as you can. Thanks to Silence the Thrax enemies can't start their beam attack and Eximus units can't cast their abilities which means they need to shoot, melee, or nade the cryopod or excavator. Shooting and nading it won't happen since Turbulence just keeps all that away. Finally there are melee enemies, they get picked up by her Tornados. The only thing that can get to you are melee units with overguard but even they take the increased crit dmg if they are close to a Tornado you are shooting.

The downside is that Zephyr's kit doesn't really do much to help you with enemies that are further away, all you got is the crit chance passive and your weapons.

2 minutes ago, SirKnum said:

The downside is that Zephyr's kit doesn't really do much to help you with enemies that are further away, all you got is the crit chance passive and your weapons.

She is one of the few warframes who actually help you in that, thanks to the Jet Stream augment for projectile speed. You're going to need some strength though, which is fine even with a range build. 

not lvlcap but I've gone to >4k with:

Yareli with a good secondary (cave RNG can go #*!% itself) and plenty of decrees.

Revenant, resident godmode frame, doing what he does best

Ash with a bladestorm build, though I can't remember what level I was doing before bowing out 

I've been chilling at some pretty high levels with my Zephyr.

See, the only things you need to worry about on the Circuit are Defense rounds. All the other formats you will finish as long as you're killing enemies and completing the objectives.

So with Zephyr, you have her aerial movement to keep away from melee units, you've got Turbulence to keep away from ranged units, and you've got Tornado (recently buff/nerfed to no longer do the infinite Electric loop, but also to not bug out if you pump too much raw damage into it) as one of the best hybrid CC and weapon boosting Abilities in the game. Combine that with quickly dragging in enemies with her 2 (swap the tap-hold around if you need to) and you can survive and kill for days.

As for Defense, Tornado and Turbulence combine into an impersonation of Vauban. What you don't lift with the Tornado (like the Eximus) you can still kill with the Tornado. What you don't deflect with the Turbulence (like the Eximus Abilities) you can safely ignore because they're rarely stacked together longer than it takes to kill them.

Just keep your Energy up, keep your 3 and 4 up, and read up on the mechanics of Tornado, because there are some weapons that will genuinely mess with reality when you combine them with Tornado, and you might not pick them in the cave if you didn't know.

Khora easy 34 rounds every time...I've done mirage and nezha, but not going to mislead I just use Operator.  I have no desire to struggle with things that OP is just better than.  Excavation is the worst one without some form of CC.  Maybe citrine too, it's been a while. 

I swap my mods too much on warframes for each mission I farm and don't really like optimizing for circuit.

Edited by Lord_Drod

11 hours ago, BowserNC said:

Mesa vs lvl 9999 POV: 

Shoot Shooting GIF by Stavario

Jokes aside my Mesa can just sit in one spot while shooting everything around, keeping excavators, defense targets intact lol

Someone asked how to play Mesa a long time ago in Players Helping Players so I made this gif as a reply.

CXPL6jS.gif

9 hours ago, VibingCat said:

Alas, that issue is still there.

Huh, they must have just increased the damage cap. I tested the same weapons that bugged it out before, and they didn't this time around.

I knew it wouldn't be so easy to fix, because of how DE's Evolution Engine does damage calculation.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Huh, they must have just increased the damage cap. I tested the same weapons that bugged it out before, and they didn't this time around.

I knew it wouldn't be so easy to fix, because of how DE's Evolution Engine does damage calculation.

If they did, it must be a minor difference because electricity and gas damage still break tornadoes in a fraction of a second. 

11 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

If they did, it must be a minor difference because electricity and gas damage still break tornadoes in a fraction of a second. 

Yeah, no, so the way the player base has worked this out (because DE don't release their code, and we have to test everything) there are two ways to have something calculate damage to deal out to enemies from another source, and they're basically the same thing, but applied differently.

The first method is to make an entity that takes 'base damage' and then triggers that back out. The other is an entity that takes 'calculated damage' and deals it back out.

Both of these use the same function, as far as we can tell. It creates an entity that absorbs damage. Like an invisible health bar.

When a player character, or item, or enemy, becomes 'immortal' through any of the functions we have (like Mind Control, Hysteria or Absorb), and then must be able to make calculations from that damage, it generates an invisible health pool of some large amount that takes the damage instead. It takes the damage, calculates that up, and feeds it back out on whatever calculation it has, whether that's potential self-damage when de-casting Hysteria, radial damage when triggering Absorb, or killing the enemy after Mind Control ends. (This is entirely different from straight-up damage negation casts, like the immortality on Mass Vitrify's cast, which simply prevents taking damage.) It even applies to charge-up casts like Iron Skin, Warding Halo, Molt and Merulina, all of which generate invulnerability on either the player character, or the object they leave behind.

This applies to generated objects too, like Tornado funnels and Mallet's orb, these are live-calculated from the damage dealt to them and fed out again either instantly or over time.

So the difference between something like Tornado and something like Mallet is simply whether the damage taken is base damage or modded damage.

Mallet calculates based on Enemy Level and it only takes damage from enemies, not us, to calculate from. Since enemy damage is a fraction of what we can deal, the health bar generated by Mallet for its calculations can't be drained by any single hit of damage. And we know it takes base damage from the Irradiated Immortal Trinity build the playerbase came up with once and was patched out due to DE hating fun (grumble-grumble-rassin-frassin), which nuked defenses by irradiating Trinity, making her Immortal with the Switch Teleport Augment, and then had her wail on Mallet with a hard-hitting melee with Link active, doing absolutely insane damage out to all enemies in range, as well as even more damage to those hit with Link. The damage it dealt out to enemies was calculated to be the enemy-level-scaling calculation using just the base damage of the Melee, rather than the modded (which is why, at the time, the Gram Prime was the weapon of choice to do this with using Heavy Attacks). 

But Tornado calculates based on the modded damage we deal, and when you're using the massively high-damaging option of the Electric or Gas feedback loop... it overwhelms the healthbar of the calculation object.

Now... this used to be possible with just a well-modded Tenet Plinx with its alt-fire, the single burst of high damage was enough to kill a funnel easily. This doesn't seem to happen anymore, I could be wrong, but it didn't all through testing in Netracells.

However... the patch they did was probably to increase the healthbar's actual numbers, to try and bypass or ignore this problem and... if you're saying it's still happening, then the likely point is that they probably doubled, tripled, or even added a couple of zeroes to the end of the number to try and stop it, making the health significantly chonkier.

But with that method?

Yeah, that's likely still going to happen. Simply because of the possibility of hitting stupid levels of damage ^^

24 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah, no, so the way the player base has worked this out (because DE don't release their code, and we have to test everything) there are two ways to have something calculate damage to deal out to enemies from another source, and they're basically the same thing, but applied differently.

The first method is to make an entity that takes 'base damage' and then triggers that back out. The other is an entity that takes 'calculated damage' and deals it back out.

Both of these use the same function, as far as we can tell. It creates an entity that absorbs damage. Like an invisible health bar.

When a player character, or item, or enemy, becomes 'immortal' through any of the functions we have (like Mind Control, Hysteria or Absorb), and then must be able to make calculations from that damage, it generates an invisible health pool of some large amount that takes the damage instead. It takes the damage, calculates that up, and feeds it back out on whatever calculation it has, whether that's potential self-damage when de-casting Hysteria, radial damage when triggering Absorb, or killing the enemy after Mind Control ends. (This is entirely different from straight-up damage negation casts, like the immortality on Mass Vitrify's cast, which simply prevents taking damage.) It even applies to charge-up casts like Iron Skin, Warding Halo, Molt and Merulina, all of which generate invulnerability on either the player character, or the object they leave behind.

This applies to generated objects too, like Tornado funnels and Mallet's orb, these are live-calculated from the damage dealt to them and fed out again either instantly or over time.

So the difference between something like Tornado and something like Mallet is simply whether the damage taken is base damage or modded damage.

Mallet calculates based on Enemy Level and it only takes damage from enemies, not us, to calculate from. Since enemy damage is a fraction of what we can deal, the health bar generated by Mallet for its calculations can't be drained by any single hit of damage. And we know it takes base damage from the Irradiated Immortal Trinity build the playerbase came up with once and was patched out due to DE hating fun (grumble-grumble-rassin-frassin), which nuked defenses by irradiating Trinity, making her Immortal with the Switch Teleport Augment, and then had her wail on Mallet with a hard-hitting melee with Link active, doing absolutely insane damage out to all enemies in range, as well as even more damage to those hit with Link. The damage it dealt out to enemies was calculated to be the enemy-level-scaling calculation using just the base damage of the Melee, rather than the modded (which is why, at the time, the Gram Prime was the weapon of choice to do this with using Heavy Attacks). 

But Tornado calculates based on the modded damage we deal, and when you're using the massively high-damaging option of the Electric or Gas feedback loop... it overwhelms the healthbar of the calculation object.

Now... this used to be possible with just a well-modded Tenet Plinx with its alt-fire, the single burst of high damage was enough to kill a funnel easily. This doesn't seem to happen anymore, I could be wrong, but it didn't all through testing in Netracells.

However... the patch they did was probably to increase the healthbar's actual numbers, to try and bypass or ignore this problem and... if you're saying it's still happening, then the likely point is that they probably doubled, tripled, or even added a couple of zeroes to the end of the number to try and stop it, making the health significantly chonkier.

But with that method?

Yeah, that's likely still going to happen. Simply because of the possibility of hitting stupid levels of damage ^^

When it comes to coding, there exist ways to go far beyond the value of 2147 millions. A reliable system with approximations could allow us to enjoy numbers with over a hundred digits (think about incremental games) so there's no excuse to tornadoes breaking in a split second. They could absolutely be fixed without nerfing the elemental synergy and the damage absorption.