The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the majority actually fine with the bugfix for Parallax' Orokin Eye?

skhar

When the bug that this ability didn't consume charges was fixed some updates ago it took me by huge surprise. I just got that ability a few weeks prior and thought it was just normal behaviour. Like we don't need charges for the Archwing Launcher. Quality of Life feature added into the game on purpose, so I thought. It made searching for Plumes and Vocas so much more fun.

I heard here and there about other people disliking the bugfix, most of them requesting a 100x blueprint for easier crafting. I, on the other hand, never used the ability after the bugfix. 5 minute cooldown, the chance that nothing gets highlighted, it feels like a waste of resources. It doesn't feel rewarding like for example using the cipher to instantly solve annoying hacking puzzles (like the Murmur one). I don't know if having a 100x blueprint would change that feeling for me. I can't imagine spending hundreds of Plastids in a single mission ever feeling good. Doing that for several missions (like all 5 Netracell runs or when doing a few bounties) in a row feels just wrong.

After some days, a week or so, the complaints went silent again. Is it worth to try to reignite them or am I more or less fighting alone in an already lost battle? Did the majority accept the change and should i try to do so, too?

I tried the helminth ability shortly after the bugfix. And to say that I was disappointed about the functionality is a huge understatement.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, skhar said:

I tried the helminth ability shortly after the bugfix. And to say that I was disappointed about the functionality is a huge understatement.

I won't be as polite as you so will shut my trap ... 😤🤣

Personally, I'd prefer one free charge every 5 minutes, one charge consume if cooldown is still runnning.

==> Everybody will be happy and I'd cast it every 200m :p

Edited by RLanzinger
correction my insult (to myself so don't flag me modo ^^)

I'm fine. 

19 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

Everybody will be happy and I'd cast it every 200m :p

If you're fine with pressing the same button every minute in a mission you'll be fine pressing the same button every minute in Orbiter.

to @UnstarPrime,

'cause ya don't have it yet !!! <WIKI LINK>

Parallax is Duviri Landing ship using a SCAN and mark rares (medallions of all syndicate, ayatans, zarium, ... )  within 150m.

Ordis can stop timer for spy/rescue,

Parallax can spare your time,

Khal's beacon call for help,

Nightwave make mini-boss go sleepy, (Deimos Necramech OFF is funny)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

'cause ya don't have it yet !!! <WIKI LINK>

Parallax is Duviri Landing ship using a SCAN and mark rares (medallions of all syndicate, ayatans, zarium, ... )  within 150m.

Ordis can stop timer for spy/rescue,

Parallax can spare your time,

Khal's beacon call for help,

Nightwave make mini-boss go sleepy, (Deimos Necramech OFF is funny)

Ah, thank you!  I entirely forgot that drop ships have names and can do things.

I wish it wouldn't give a cooldown if it doesn't find anything.  I prefer the x100 blueprint anyway for Kahl.  I'd also like to be able to swap air supports outside of orbiter, like in the relay.  On a huge tile like sanctum, it is not uncommon to get zero voca marks and that was your one shot that mission.  Although, it is pretty easy to find them without orokin eye and OE is often inconsistent, where several voca will be found very close to some that were marked.  I rely more on audio and just knowing their general spawn locations.

No, not happy at all.

We either need 100 recipe or the archwing charges treatment.

RN air sup has a cooldown and takes a consumable- they need to choose 1.

• Like 1

I am not sure. I imagine the most honest and concise answer to such a question would be hard to figure out. Forums are a minority of a minority, and Warframes player base is spread out across many forums and social media, and thats just counting those that engage with it in that way, and not just those that are larger. Then you also have many of the players who don't even use or realise the issue, as well as those who might have more nuanced/apathetic takes, 

Personally? Eh, I prefer that they don't use charges. I find it a bit archaic, and for a bit I even thought it was an intended change. I remember building Air Charges in the past, and used a few on occasion, but eh. Then I started to use them more when Zariman launched, and we got Parallax, for Void Plumes. Then I noticed I was just stuck at 46 Air Charges and figured it was an intentional change. Made getting Plumes great in those missions where some people were impatient. Then I used the Kahl beacon a few times, also no charges used, because at that point I just thought it was by design. Then I read somewhere on a Forum that it was a bug because older Air Supports were still using the charges... and I thought that was daff, since the two newest in my opinion were the best, so it definitely sucked if people were using the old ones and additionally expending charges. 

Personally I think they should just cost nothing. Then it again it doesn't actually bother me too much either overall. I already have a lot of Plumes, Voca, all my Kuria, and other such searchables, way too many Ayatan. I did like using the Air Support for randoms and newer players though. Since its cool down based and not everyone knows about them, was nice to come across the secret crates that way too. Now I probably won't spam it as much or randomly. 

At the least I think they should add a 100 x Blueprint. Its also the sort of thing that I can see and understand why they would want to be a resource sink as well. 

• Like 1

I didn't know there was a bug, mainly because I made hundreds and forgot about them.

The resource cost isn't that high & I use them 3 to 4 times a mission, d depending on the map.  The amount of scannables & tokens I've found outweighs the small cost, personally.  I've been able to progress faster in the newer areas because of it.

700 Plastids, 1,200 Ferrite, 2000 Salvage and 1 Morphic not much at all to craft and if you're at the stage in the Helminth to even be able to use it you should have plenty, the only reason I can see is if you don't have resources (not saying you do) is if a player is a Hydron MR player who ranks up there and doesn't play the game properly at a guess.

I have over 300 of them, I just build them now and then.

• Like 1

At first I thought It'd be a notable drain, but in all honesty it's soo little, that I barely notice the cost. On the other hand I do use it a lot less, so it's not as clear cut as that.

Imo it's fine, since both were supposed to have that cost to begin with. It's just a fix that happen to be negative for players, similar to infinite 12x heavy attack builds that got hit in the last 2 major patches.