Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Hotfixing Paused until Jade Shadows

[DE]Sam

Feel like adding a few things [Xbox series X] i have a whole squad get stuck on Urainus tilesets as well. The color RED energy is PINK😥 (pls fix). But all bugs (except crashing) has been an issue for myself or others on Xbox. I'm excited for Jade to drop!! Also nechramech (voidrig) also seems to glitch the archgun to appear backwards, up to ceiling or even in the ground, but fires where its suppose to (its been more often using Kuva Grattler on my end) Ty *End of issues*  

1 hour ago, __Sura_ said:

i have a whole squad get stuck on Urainus tilesets as well.

With the nature of the Uranus tileset you are more likely to get stuck than not. That is one thing that I know that tileset for.

They would have to completely rewrite the tileset to make it as bug-free to other tilesets.

6 hours ago, [DE]Sam said:

Most LoS checks should benefit, but should offenders arise

Hopefully Acid Shells is on that list, it is absolutely horrendous at the moment. I have never seen LoS checks as bad as this, not even old Fire Blast was this bad. 

And also speaking of Acid Shells, the community for a while has been saying it doesn't scale with enemy health modifiers (i.e. Steel Path, Archon Hunts). Meaning it's only dealing 0.4x the damage it should be in Steel Path.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mynhow said:

Could you please look at CODEX BUGS? There are some bugs that prevent players to complete some codex entrees, such as: The Silver Grove shrines not completing/unlocking for some players, (Kuva Fortress Scanner) scans counts as Corpus Security Camera, Infested Deimos enemies (Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa / Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa Eximus / Deimos Leaper) don't exist or spawn anymore, Sentient (Choralyst) even fully scanned do not unlock the entry and (Condrix) is not possible to scan anymore. Narmer Dropships (Buzzard and Condor) even fully scanned do not unlock the entrees. Thank You.

And early game / missable scans like pre-Second Dream Stalker

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mynhow said:

Could you please look at CODEX BUGS? There are some bugs that prevent players to complete some codex entrees, such as: The Silver Grove shrines not completing/unlocking for some players, (Kuva Fortress Scanner) scans counts as Corpus Security Camera, Infested Deimos enemies (Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa / Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa Eximus / Deimos Leaper) don't exist or spawn anymore, Sentient (Choralyst) even fully scanned do not unlock the entry and (Condrix) is not possible to scan anymore. Narmer Dropships (Buzzard and Condor) even fully scanned do not unlock the entrees. Thank You.

6 hours ago, PaladinMaximus1 said:

And early game / missable scans like pre-Second Dream Stalker

Just to add on to these two questions: I would also like to know why the entry for the Deimos Jugulus Rex is missing despite having the correct amount of scans completed.

or just to also iterate on questions 2 and 5 from the embedded post: Will sporule avichaeas ever spawn in a vome cycle instead of viscid avichaeas that are supposed to spawn in a fass cycle when using a pheremone lure and Is there the possibility of a potential game mode that involves tracking down hard to find Codex entries? (And fixing some completed codex entries not showing in the codex.)

Can there be some adjustments so the Host will no longer drag players from the public queue to his Dojo/Hub after the mission?

Another awkward situation is repeatedly happening for various vendors: The sort is only sometimes set to "Default" when you access a vendor.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, [DE]Sam said:

Hotfixing will be paused while we add the final touches to June’s Jade Shadows Update

Don't you think it's a bit early for this, how long will we be without a hotfix, since we don;t even have a RD, if its weeks apart, it won't be ideal

• Like 3

Can you draw your attention to the non-functioning multishot in hitscan weapons with an AoE attack? This problem is more than a year old, a third of the arsenal simply cannot be used because it does not  damage, then you wonder why players do not use some of the weapons, how to use them and they do not work as intended ? 

• Like 4

"Energy colors appearing incorrectly for certain Ephemeras and VFX-heavy Syandanas/etc.  Red and Black were the most obvious culprits."... damn DE, please don't screw up black energy colors like you did with the first dante unbound patch... I want black energy to remain looking black, not transparent nor white 😅

On 2024-05-22 at 2:01 PM, [DE]Sam said:

Temporal Prime Ephemera causes Focus Badges to appear overly large.

Please let us keep this. :(
It's the best part about the ephemera honestly. Thought it was intended.

On 2024-05-22 at 8:01 PM, [DE]Sam said:

We have some Code Fixes coming with Jade Shadows; Some of the issues that will be fixed are: 

Considering how many bugs that are much, MUCH more devastating are constantly being reported, this list seems very random or out of touch.

Sure, fix those but what about constant loss of progress in multiple modes after Host Migration followed by You Will Be Returned... and Progress Can't Be Saved?

What about fishing freezing frame in place after both missed and successful catch? Can be unfrozen by blink teleport click on map but it's ruining the process?

What about connecting to The Circuit as client, resulting in "playing" as the "SUIT" with no powers, bare Excal skin and overall broken mechanics?

What about glitches so old, many players don't even know the game without these bugs?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

Considering how many bugs that are much, MUCH more devastating are constantly being reported, this list seems very random or out of touch.

Sure, fix those but what about constant loss of progress in multiple modes after Host Migration followed by You Will Be Returned... and Progress Can't Be Saved?

What about fishing freezing frame in place after both missed and successful catch? Can be unfrozen by blink teleport click on map but it's ruining the process?

What about connecting to The Circuit as client, resulting in "playing" as the "SUIT" with no powers, bare Excal skin and overall broken mechanics?

What about glitches so old, many players don't even know the game without these bugs?

There's a game-breaking issue in The War Within that can literally permanently softlock a player's account, that has been there since the content originally released. DE has never even made an attempt to fix it. If an issue requires actually significant dev time to fix, it won't ever be fixed (no matter how severe an issue it is). Just something you learn about DE, and then decide if you're willing to keep playing the game in spite of that fact.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

There's a game-breaking issue in The War Within that can literally softlock a player's account, permanently

If you speak about the "groundhog day loop" bug, making you replay the final part of the story, it should be solvable with a well documented workaround.

I'm not sure if DE fully understands what is causing that problem but it happened to me on a side-project account and I "only" had to redo the quest once.
Maybe it's only like that for PC but in general - speedrun strats, zero "deaths", pick middle (neutral?) moral choice and it SHOULD let you go. Some players reported this works even without Windows reboot but rebooting could help, some pointed out creating an alt account and just starting tutorial from the same launcher, then switching back to primary account may do the trick.

I feel sorry for all affected who were truly locked but maybe, just maybe they did not try every method recommended by those who pushed through this absurd glitch.

Edited by Sannidor
clarification
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

If you speak about the "groundhog day loop" bug, making you replay the final part of the story, it should be solvable with a well documented workaround.

I'm not sure if DE fully understands what is causing that problem but it happened to me on a side-project account and I "only" had to redo the quest once.
Maybe it's only like that for PC but in general - speedrun strats, zero "deaths", pick middle (neutral?) moral choice and it SHOULD let you go. Some players reported this works without Windows reboot, some pointed out creating an alt account and just starting tutorial from the same launcher, then switching back to primary account may do the trick.

I feel sorry for all affected who were truly locked but maybe, just maybe they did not try every method recommended by those who pushed through this absurd glitch.

What a cringe response to such an issue.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Hex you are by far the most tilted individual in this forum,sannidor gave a thought out response they even tried to throw in a little troubleshooting

10 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

Some players reported this works even without Windows reboot but rebooting could help, some pointed out creating an alt account and just starting tutorial from the same launcher, then switching back to primary account may do the trick.

They gave their opinion that DE may just not know how to fix this particular issue you mate need to get a grip Of yourself.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

17 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

If an issue requires actually significant dev time to fix, it won't ever be fixed

Are you trying to bait toxicity and make the thread locked from proper feedback? Yikes.

I've seen DE shielding themselves from criticism and refusing to address serious issues, I've seen them ignoring forums and embracing reddit feedback, I've been through a lot including support tickets and disputes with CM. To make a claim "if it's difficult they won't touch it" is absurd. Sometimes they break stuff BECAUSE they tried to fix, rework, improve.
If you truly have no faith in devs (anymore?), why even bother to post at all? Why respond with an example of a bug and dismiss potential solutions?

If someone post reproduce-able: "Infinite Platinum Glitch in Warframe" post, here OR on reddit - do you think ANY canadian holiday would stop DE from having an emergency flaming-hot-fix and server rollback?

1 minute ago, Sannidor said:

Are you trying to bait toxicity and make the thread locked from proper feedback? Yikes.

I've seen DE shielding themselves from criticism and refusing to address serious issues, I've seen them ignoring forums and embracing reddit feedback, I've been through a lot including support tickets and disputes with CM. To make a claim "if it's difficult they won't touch it" is absurd. Sometimes they break stuff BECAUSE they tried to fix, rework, improve.
If you truly have no faith in devs (anymore?), why even bother to post at all? Why respond with an example of a bug and dismiss potential solutions?

If someone post reproduce-able: "Infinite Platinum Glitch in Warframe" post, here OR on reddit - do you think ANY canadian holiday would stop DE from having an emergency flaming-hot-fix and server rollback?

Bro, please don’t bother totally wasting your time with this one, your comment made sense, you tried to do a little troubleshooting, just don’t bother lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

No, I'm pointing out that deflecting the issue towards the end user so that the developer is shielded from having to accept responsibility is cringe as hell. People like yourself who just apathetically accept these issues "because there's a workaround (maybe)" are part of the reason that DE can continue to just ignore existing issues in favor of releasing new shinies to rake in money on.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

No, I'm pointing out that deflecting the issue towards the end user so that the developer is shielded from having to accept responsibility is cringe as hell. People like yourself who just apathetically accept these issues "because there's a workaround (maybe)" are part of the reason that DE can continue to just ignore existing issues in favor of releasing new shinies to rake in money on.

That is not what was done at all, all sannidor did was provide a couple of work arounds to try and help people who have this issue, at no point did sannidor deflect anything they simply said maybe DE just don’t know how to fix the issue unreal man.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

Seems like we’re expecting too much from the next update.

I just wish that the update won’t broke more things. It’s already bad enough with Dante (part of the games became unplayable for me after Dante’s update).

• Like 2